PDA

View Full Version : What is an acceptable level to use PAs in parties?

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2007, 02:24 PM
Since the new PAs just came out, I'm sure we have many cases of people having entire palettes full of underleveled PAs (myself included). Of course, running into a party with only lv5 PAs means preforming very poorly. So, what do you think a good partying PA level is?

I myself believe lv16~ to be alright. By this level, the PA can preform its basic duty, though still missing its elements. This is especially a nice level for PAs that have a finisher at this level (Gravity Break comes to mind).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-28 12:28 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Sep 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
Isn't the IDEAL level of PA's level 30?

Personally, I accept use of any level PA in my party, people have to level them at some point after all.

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2007, 02:28 PM
Woops, my wording is off. That's what I get for being too technical.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 28, 2007, 02:29 PM
any level, but the preferred level of any PA... single handed is 11, two handed is 21. Of course, those are also my goal PA levels, then I just use them freely.

I don't care honestly, it does damage no matter the level. And for example... my single saber against opposing element enemies can do 1200 a hit at level 1 with spinning strike, 1800 critical hit... how can anyone complain about that?

THE JACKEL

Golto
Sep 28, 2007, 02:30 PM
I think you have to go on a PA to PA basis. Some are good right off the bat, some get useful at 11+ or 21+.

HFlowen
Sep 28, 2007, 02:30 PM
Alot of these new PA's are badass right out of the box. =P

Acceleration
Sep 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
That's true - they are. However, I won't be using them in parties until they're 21+. Just my personal taste.

panzer_unit
Sep 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
2 HIT COMBO OR KICK

... haha no. Generally, I go and do easy missions to level my PA's until 11 or so in order to get their power and accuracy to the point where it's useful in high-rank missions. Ultimates tend to start at their max ATA value, so I guess it's just a question of how useful their initial damage and effects are.

HFlowen
Sep 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
Yea, I usually power level new stuff in linear line A for a few hours. Already took care of Majarra and Spinning strike. Gravity is taking a long time though.

DavidNel
Sep 28, 2007, 02:43 PM
Who really cares? If you are a high enough level to even GET these PAs, you are able to do respectibal damage with anything.

amtalx
Since only 1 of my skills isn't at 30 (yay me!) I usually don't think about it. However, back when I was still PA leveling and whatnot, I think it just depends on the party. When I'm messing around with my friends, none of us use leveled PAs really. Were just making money while working on our skills. If I'm out doing speed runs in Desert Terror or Desert Goliath, that's another story. I always give the best to my team (Lvl 30 and NEVER less than 21). Generally, I expect the same from my teammates. I understand that not everyone has the time or desire to get all their skills Lvled, but if you jump in a group on Desert Terror and I see 3 bullets coming out of your Shotgun, expect me to say something about it.

SolomonGrundy
I voted 11+, but I was more thinking of bullets, and techs. It's pretty painful watching a crossbow with 1 bullet in a party. and the range on low level techs is...short.

ashley50
Sep 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
nefore i join parties. I make sure that before I level my PAs in a random party, they're lv11+ so it can be more useful than doing 1 combo everytime you press teh PA skill button.

its a common sense to me i guess...

Niloklives
Sep 28, 2007, 04:21 PM
I usually get it to the point you can use the full combo then use it freely. before that I do some heavy manual lvling. majarra is lvl 21, hikai is lvl 11 and gravity is lvl 18...I'll be ready for prime time soon enough

Rashiid
Sep 28, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lab runs = atleast part 2 (id prefer 3) : exception: high % weapon.
Any ol` run = i could care less.

-Ryuki-
Sep 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
Personally, I just jump in a random party even with a lvl 1 skill. I don't mind when people do it, either.

However, if we were in a rare-hunting party, I'd use PA's that were 21+ so that things go faster, and would hope that the rest of the party is doing the same (unless it's techs, which takes a lot longer to raise than skills).

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
some skills are best only using the first hit of the PA anyways.

Buten for the dagger is one of those PAs that I just use the first part of the PA one on one with enemies. Use that, knock the enemy over, circle around, mechgun... repeat. The second part of the PA is good in groups, but I don't need it to use the PA effectively.

So some PAs are good at level 1

THE JACKEL

Garnet_Moon
Sep 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
The rules of PA Usage:

1) Every party is a leveling party, whether it's XP or weapon skill. Exploit each party to its fullest or you'll be a gimp for a while.
2) Don't ever spam the same PA for the entire map. Use a different weapon, and don't spam. Use sparingly. You wont look like a noob.
3) Don't get angry if someone elses Pa is doing more damage than yours. That's why you're leveling yours.
4) PA's that scatter enemies should only be used on bosses and Sub-Bosses. Spam these all you want.

OldCoot
Sep 28, 2007, 06:53 PM
I try to take most things to 11 before I start to work in random parties. I don't care usually if others are leveling their stuff. But, for timed runs, or runs where people want to hammer though quick for the payout, people should be using their best weapons and skills/Techs.

I remember a Bruce run where a techer who was using a low level dambarta (level 8 I think) on the Vandas. For this kind of run you need to have worked on that before. Also when it comes to buffs, it is nice that the person spent some time leveling their buffs ahead of time instead of stopping everyone to cast them again.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 28, 2007, 07:28 PM
Unless it's a timed mission, it doesn't matter (unless you're making things go really, really slowly).

stukasa
Sep 28, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-09-28 17:28, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Unless it's a timed mission, it doesn't matter (unless you're making things go really, really slowly).

^ What he said.

Wallin
Sep 28, 2007, 10:40 PM
I agree with Ffuzzy, only because I'm really bored of standing in a corner spamming buffs and running circles around pannons so I can level my skills. Did enough spamming back in EverQuest (like it was such a big accomplishment to get Clarity and cast conjuration spells for hours on end so I'd be able to summon water well?).

silva9
Sep 28, 2007, 11:37 PM
I really don't care as long as it dose damage then i level it in s2 missions even if its a level lower than 11.

BigBadWolf
Sep 28, 2007, 11:54 PM
Just a heads up. I'm not talking about Bullets or melee skills just technics.

I think a player should get their PAs up to level 21 if they want FEEL they want to contribute to the party. I mean if you don't give a hoot about the party, you can just join and go afk for 20mins if you want to.

Now this may sound unbelievable, but one of my first technics was Rabarta, and I used that spell in every mission I went on for at LEAST 6 months of playing PSU, and I only got that skill up to 28.
On the other hand, I found out a great solo method of leveling technics and I managed to get Gizonde, Nosdiga, and now Regrants up to 21+ in a matter of hours (each) using said method. I don't know exactly why it took me so long to level Rabarta, it probably had to do with Sega not releasing the advance jobs 'til months later after launch, idk. Simply put your PAs level much faster if you simply skill them yourself instead of spamming it in exp parties.

I guess what I'm saying is, that in the time you thought you were saving by trying to skill up and exp at the same time, you're actually losing time in the long run. Let's say person A had a goal to get his technics up to level 21, and gain 5 levels. What method would take the least amount of time to acomplish this task?

Would he be better served by trying to skill up his technics while at the same time trying to get good exp in a group? Or maybe his time would be better served by solo leveling his PAs so that they reach +21, then using their new abilities to contribute much more to the exp party with faster completion times?

In my person experience it was always the 2nd option that served my needs the best.