PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun ult PA questions

Tagnut
Sep 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
How many PA frags for it?
What does the "charm" effect do?

HFlowen
Sep 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
25 Frags, charm makes enemies chase you around until the effect wears off.

Tagnut
Sep 28, 2007, 07:55 PM
Why would u want them to follow you?

KaffeKane
Sep 28, 2007, 07:55 PM
It taunts enemies toward you. Level 4 Taunt, at level 1, but the PA has 41% ATA. So that stat's kinda...ouch unless you've got Zodial on you and Zoldeel on your enemies.

They will still attack you, though, so be careful how you use it. The applications for the clever, however, can be numerous or interesting...

HFlowen
Sep 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-09-28 17:55, Tagnut wrote:

Take the heat off of a force who's getting bogged down by vahras? Line them all up so you can take 'em out with a laser, I dunno, use you imagination.

Tagnut
Sep 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
Yeh, Quite tactical...............Sold!!!

Weeaboolits
Sep 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
Sounds fun.

Sinue_v2
Sep 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
It's the same thing as hate control. Which is odd that Rangers would get it, since generally it's the fighter's job in most games to tank and keep the heat off of healers and nukers. It would also help concentrate the battle, making it easier to nuke, heal, deal damage, etc.

*Shrug*

-Ryuki-
Sep 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
It's the "Provoke" of PSU.

Weeaboolits
Sep 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
Rangers get it since they don't want to be close anyway, I guess.

HFlowen
Sep 28, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm probably gonna get it. I'm a protranser. =P

Sinue_v2
Sep 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
?

If Rangers don't want to be close, then they probably shouldn't shoot them with a weapon that attracts them like a band of homeless wine-o's to $5 bourbon.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
Using Charm can allow Fighters to easyly slay enemies, just RUN THE HELL AWAY after it hits.

Sinue_v2
Sep 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, but the thing is that when you run away - the enemies FOLLOW you. That means the charmed monsters are running AWAY from the HU's, and leaves everyone else chasing in persuit.

Now, I don't want to come off as bashing the Ultimate PA, because I haven't seen it in action other than on my old Armor PM (and she stuck close and took her beating). So I'm not sure exactly how effective/ineffective it is. On the surface though, it doesn't really make sense. That's all I'm saying.

Weeaboolits
Sep 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-09-28 18:09, Sinue_v2 wrote:
?

If Rangers don't want to be close, then they probably shouldn't shoot them with a weapon that attracts them like a band of homeless wine-o's to $5 bourbon.Er, yeah, I didn't phrase that well, did I? I forget what exactly I meant now. >_>;

DraginHikari
Sep 28, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well I notice most Rangers tend to use Shotguns at short range to make use of the multi-shot anyhoo so I suppose it could work as a semi-tanking...

KaffeKane
Sep 28, 2007, 08:35 PM
Uses: Draw enemies into particular spots, including a Protranser's traps.
Possibly turn enemies backs to the Fighter-types for some nice "From behind!" action.
You can even draw enemies together for the Fighter-types so that they don't have to chase all the way across a room for one measly Badira.

As long as you've got good EVP and Zodial/Zodiarides to help that and the sore accuracy mod of the PA, I don't think you should be worried too extremely about damage unless you feel you don't have the levels (and thus the HP) to be risking a beating from enemies. Really this one's more of a tactician's PA that can make things go a little quicker for Fighters and Techers.

*BLAM* Fwee-hweet! HEY YOU GO VARAHS OVAR HTERE! *runs toward a Burn G trap, when after it explodes a Fortetecher starts spamming Radiga, and then a Fighgunner uses Tornado Dance* ...son of a...

bloodflowers
Sep 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
Take 1 techer, 1 gunner with this PA, and go find a pack of really ugly Vanda Mehra. End result if handled correctly: Vanda stand there stupidly throwing rocks over the gunners head, while the techer gets to play with the Vanda in whatever way they see fit - including standing there next to them doing silly emotes.

I was the techer at the time, alt still needs levelling - but I went straight out and bought the charm PA for my gunner after seeing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bloodflowers on 2007-09-28 20:05 ]</font>

DAMASCUS
Sep 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
Another thought I had for this one is if you take point and run around behind or blitz a group of enemies and nail them from behind. With the low ATA you would have a good chance of charming them from the back and with Hunters right behind the charmed enemies would immediately be open targets.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 29, 2007, 01:04 AM
here's another thought. If enemies are chasing you, they are not shooting techs, are they? *olgohmon*

Neoptolemus
Sep 29, 2007, 01:18 AM
I like it! I've been using it more than Twin Penetration today. One thing to note: Good for use on enemies that use all melee attacks; bad for use on enemies that use techniques. Nothing like charming a whole mob to realize that all of the evil purple balls of badness are heading your way. On other enemies, though, it works like a... well... a charm! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kion
Sep 29, 2007, 02:09 AM
charm seems like a great PA for GT and PT. PT is tactical so it works for attracting enemies into traps, or a gravity break combo in the face. And GT is mobile, so using agro to draw attention from the rest of the party so they can get off full combos with out taking damge.

Shiryuu
Sep 29, 2007, 02:13 AM
It would be perfect for GT if Rentis/Dizas were out.

Fure_Rakune
Sep 29, 2007, 03:48 AM
Shock + Charm = Win.

Tita
Sep 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-09-29 01:48, Fure_Rakune wrote:
Shock + Charm = Win.

what he said. w00t! and its only 25 frags?
i'm getting it for 2 of my characters then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaffeKane
Sep 29, 2007, 01:36 PM
Wow. A lot of people love this PA for different reasons, and they're all finding ways in which it works best for them. I'd better add this kind of info to my guide.

shotsfired
Sep 29, 2007, 04:54 PM
it sounds cool. I may have to check this one out.... I really have too many PA to level up.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2007, 05:11 PM
Use them to attract them to safe spots, as PT or even fG to attract them onto traps. Make them follow you around in circles so the techers throw megiverse/gi techs and regrant without problems.

stukasa
Sep 29, 2007, 05:28 PM
I just like the little pink heart effect, lol! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Actually, I like being able to draw aggro away from the techers. I have more HP so I can take more hits anyway.

Kion
Sep 30, 2007, 02:06 AM
oooh. towards safe spots is a good idea.

Mortisx3
Sep 30, 2007, 06:11 AM
On 2007-09-28 17:55, Tagnut wrote:

So you can let them chase u as u sing the Benny Hill music...anybody?

Rizen
Sep 30, 2007, 06:31 AM
On 2007-09-30 04:11, Mortisx3 wrote:
So you can let them chase u as u sing the Benny Hill music...anybody?
I like your style.

DAMASCUS
Sep 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
Charm + Grom Attacker ? Either that or have someone charm them toward a corner and let it rip!!

Kion
Sep 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
mines at level 28 so far.

att 165%
acc 78%
pp 15

does about 200 damage per hit on my shiga bomac (3), so 1 k damge per shot if everything hits. the PA does alot of damage, but you have to be ready to take alot of damae to spam it. and don't use it on vandas unless you want to be it by a wave of diga x.x

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2007, 04:52 PM
Lol safe spots anyone? XD

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
I like to keep enemy fire away from everyone else, so this is perfect for me. I was kinda irritated how sometimes enemies wouldn't shift their focus on me when I'm trying to get them away from the force, but now I don't have to worry about that!

chibiLegolas
Oct 1, 2007, 12:10 PM
I'd like it even better if charm was available on a rifle. Sure I'll only affect 1 at a time, but usually, it's only 1 or 2 enemies that swarm near my party techer. Other mobs are preoccupied with everyone else.

On another note, this charm sounds great on slow moving enemies. I'd assume the charm effect is capped at SE2 tho right? Being on a shottie and all...
So low chance to effect jarbas and all?

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
SE4... but large creatures are immune. I'd LOVE to see hearts bubbling out of Tengohgs, Bils, etc.

I had been looking forward to getting this move in order to draw enemies off of allies and into my protranser's AOE PA's, particularly Anga Jabroga. After seeing how I'd NEVER be able to switch to Jabroga and use it, and then supporting Kion when he's using Chamga... I'm glad I didn't have the frags available for an impulse buy. Even Guntechers get into pretty close scrapes with Chamga, and they're better at fighting on the move with resta as well to recover from any damage they do take.

With one person spamming charm and then concentrating on staying alive, and someone else stepping in with effective AOE/damage support... then there's really no limit to how aggressive you can be with it.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 02:50 PM
what about using chamga to stop those damn distova/koltova from running away...Does this PA help with that?

desturel
Oct 1, 2007, 03:07 PM
Question for those using the charm. How does it work on "King" creatures. Especially Go Vahra, Olgohmon, and Gaozoran. Keeping those guys from healing/using megiverse can make finishing a level a ton easier. Do Olgohmon kings initiate their healing process (animation, megiverse, heal) or do they just attack with barta?

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 04:13 PM
i afk leveled it on the king go varha for mad creatures. if chram never caught on for a solid 30 hours of constant firing, i doubt that it affects them. i think the only way to keep them from being healed is to draw the minions away from the king. with the wide spread of the gun, after a few shots you can generally draw the attention of about four enmies. after that, you really need to start running or you'll get serioulsy owned.

responce to chibi's post:
the PA is charm SE4 right from level 1. the benefit of leveling is a high attack modifier and more bullets per shot. dual handguns would be the best application. would give the ability to be accurate and still moble at the same time. so you could catch multiple enemies while strafing rather than having to plant your feet. the safe spot strategy really works on the shot gun tho as you can have them running at you like idiots taking massive damage per shot.

biggabertha
Oct 1, 2007, 10:35 PM
after that, you really need to start running or you'll get serioulsy owned.

Erk... That sounds so awesome on paper but I'm very glad I could hear first hand at how well it works practically. Then again, this is on a Guntecher who has less HP and DFP than a Protranser, right? I wonder how well using Barada Chamga in conjunction with Anga Dugrega or Rising Strike would do. I'm also interested to know how well it does on enemies that love to run away from players (Vanda Merhas, Ollakas, Distovas and all of the humanoid enemies).

The trouble though, is finding one of my Lv. 21+ PAs to get rid of or just wait it out until the expansion rolls around.

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 11:01 PM
charm is super fun! I was playing teh fakis co-op and two gaozarons shotting foie at me constantly while theres a carriguine on the loose is hard but entertaining! XD

Kion
Oct 2, 2007, 03:00 AM
This is from a PM after Jagd and I went to test out this ultimate PA's.

On 2007-10-01 06:58, panzer_unit wrote:

Chamga works like a charm. When you pulled it out on that Crimson Beast run, the difference was like night and day... those ridiculously nasty monsters didn't even think about trying to hit me during the warm-up for my Axe move, and then they were all in one convenient location when it came time to plant it somewhere. It's going to rape Vanda and Gohmon the same or even worse I figure.

Getting creatures bunched up is great for Protranser and Fortegunner, they've got lots of area effect weapons, but clearly it's easy to bite off way more than you can chew especially on S2 missions. So Chamga is clearly most appropriate for a GunTecher. They specialize in mobile gunfighting, having a bunch of go-vahra or whatever bent on raping you isn't nearly as dangerous as it is for other shotgun-using classes who have to plant themselves in place to really fight.