PDA

View Full Version : I dont think anyone has it on ps2 yet..

Serephim
Sep 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
But did AoI fix the horrible lag problems?

Please god someone say they did

Garnet_Moon
Sep 29, 2007, 05:34 AM
It was supposed to, but I haven;t heard anything about it, so i'm gonna go with no. I don;t know though, but i'd be interested about the 360 edition and the minor hiccups it has.

Matter of fact, the only screens i've seen of the Import are on PC. Haven't seen a single PS2 or 360 screen cap. Well, I think I saw a single PS2 screen in the AoI thread...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-09-29 03:41 ]</font>

Menochi
Sep 29, 2007, 06:22 AM
AoI isn't out for 360. PS2 are capture carded, and PC is typically much better.

And no idea, never had slowdown before even on PS2, so don't know what to tell you.

Garnet_Moon
Sep 29, 2007, 06:26 AM
On 2007-09-29 04:22, Menochi wrote:
And no idea, never had slowdown before even on PS2, so don't know what to tell you.

Then you have a PS2 from the future, and I want one too. Actually, i'll take an Xbox 360 from the future the next time you're up there.

Menochi
Sep 29, 2007, 06:27 AM
I never played online with it, thats likely the difference.

Garnet_Moon
Sep 29, 2007, 06:42 AM
On 2007-09-29 04:27, Menochi wrote:
I never played online with it, thats likely the difference.

Playing solo or with NPC has little or no slowdown. It's when you get more people on screen doing their explosions, Pa's, etc, in addition to the mob stuff that the enemies do when it happens.

The most notable place I remember slowdown on my PS2 while offline was the final fight with Dulk Fakis. You know, when you get hit by his beam that pushes you to the start of the ramp? Oh yeah, framerate dropped considerably for me everytime I was caught in it.

Don't really remember too much slowdown anywhere else on offline mode, but then again I only played story and not Extra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-09-29 04:43 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Sep 29, 2007, 08:07 AM
Im playing it right now and it seems there are not really lag but this is offline and like Menochi says almost no lag.

DavidNel
Sep 29, 2007, 08:37 AM
That's good. Unfortunately, I thing Sega of Japan has been keeping up with the lag better from the start... I hope SoA will take the initiative and work out our problems here in the US.

Niloklives
Sep 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
data contents for the game itself dispite being more robust is actually smaller than the original PSU. so they either scaled down most of the texture/image data or are using much better compression. either way that alone should indicate something. I'll have to play a bit before I can give you any details. unfortunately, I speak no japanese, so, this should prove interesting >_>

Menochi
Sep 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
I'm around if you need soe help, all you should need is just some katakana though, and the menus are pretty much the same as before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Sep 29, 2007, 10:12 AM
katakana and me are a no go. I understand a fair amount of the language but I'm terrible at recognizing characters...so it's romanji or bust for me. I'm managing ok, though I the buttons are backwards (technically it's the US version that's backwards, but it relation what I'm accustomed to... >_>)

I think my biggest issue is the camera...for some reason I feel the x axis got inverted or perhaps needs to be inverted...or something...but whatever it is, it feels wrong. so if anything, I'd need help adjusting that if possible.

Aside from that, things to note:

Just attack's timing is slower than what we'dve come to know as standard combo speed. the best way to describe this is to say that just attack is the equvalent of using heavy attack on PSO. the visual effect is similar and the timing feels about the same. Just something I'd though I'd give as a heads up.

Loading times are indeed faster on PS2 than they used to be even offline. I havcen't messed with techs or gotten partners so I haven't been able to properly test weapon loading. but it definately feels like a much smoother game just comparing offline modes.

when you create your character it puts you in your room as always, but then immediately offers to run you though the old tutorial mission from online mode. as a cast you start with spinning strike, burning shot and barada riga. all set to your weapons from the beginning and then through the tutorial you're also given rising strike.

last thing I thought I should bring up since I haven't seen anyone make mention of this.(though it's possible I missed it) There are two versions of every part. basically a standard version and one that basically switches your main and sub colors for that one part.

I'll say more as I poke around

PJ
Sep 29, 2007, 10:17 AM
You START with Spinning Strike?

That's amazing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Niloklives
Sep 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
something else kinda interesting:

As far as I can tell, they ported a good number of the online missions from v1 to offline mode here. in fact the first mission available in cylez is fight for food with the variable maps and all. on parum east, we have plains overlord, sleeping warriors and one other I've yet to confirm available directly from the flyer base. none of these missions are timed, so getting your S rank is as aimple as it is online. bare in mind these are not the story missions, just extra missions to can run for exp/mp etc.

edit: it seems koltova bazooka drops as a completed weapon (at least in offline mode) from...koltova. the ones that dropped it were lvl 10, so I assume it's any level. not a uber find, but still kinda cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-29 08:37 ]</font>