PDA

View Full Version : Least popular weapon in PSU?

Tagnut
Sep 29, 2007, 08:32 AM
I would say it's probably the Laser cannons. It seems like only the people with S Rank ones use them on a regular basis, Thoughts please!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tagnut on 2007-09-29 06:33 ]</font>

DavidNel
Sep 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I've only really seen one person use a ton of lazer cannons. Another unpopular weapon is the dual claws. I've actually NEVER seen one used.

Miyoko
Sep 29, 2007, 08:42 AM
Why aren't dual claws used, exactly? I've seen them used a few times, and they don't seem too bad. Especially the first PA, which can hit 3x2 extremely fast on the first hit. Am I missing something?

Kuya
Sep 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
This will change in AoI though - lasers will get SE2 and flinch. I don't see too many twin claw users myself.

DavidNel
Sep 29, 2007, 09:06 AM
Dual claws don't hit many times, and aren't too powerfull. I tryed using them once, but they really weren't worth it...

Kismet
Sep 29, 2007, 09:27 AM
That's surprising... I ALWAYS see people with twin claws. But I guess it depends on the people you hang out with/party with. I have several pairs of twin claws myself.

In my opinion (or at least based off of what I've personally seen myself), the least popular weapons are laser cannons and single claws. But more so for laser cannons than single claws (the frag PA is hot). Crossbows don't seem too popular either (even though they're very useful).

Dragon_Knight
Sep 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hmmm my least seen weapons tend to be single daggers and single claws. One handed sabers follow shortly after. I see plently of X bow users and a few cannon users. I tried using lasers myself as a PT...but they just didn't do enough at the time to warrent their use.

Kinfante
Sep 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
Me personally NEVER see Crossbows working..

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-09-29 08:51, Kinfante wrote:

That's rather surprising. Crossbows are very excellent weapons.

xennec
Sep 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
I actually see TONS of people with crossbows. I'm a fan of single claw and most people underestimate it because it's a single handed weapon. The regular claw PA (shousen totsuzan-ga) takes up a lot of pp but I have found it to be one of the most damaging PAs in the game). I don't see many people twin claws or laser cannons. I'm guessing laser cannon will become popular in AoI though because of the flinch.

Weeaboolits
Sep 29, 2007, 11:00 AM
Mobile mini shotties!

DavidNel
Sep 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
I'm always using my crossbow... They work so well, expecially paired with the new single dagger frag PA.

batokage
Sep 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
I don't see any techers using megid. though that doesn't really count as a weapon does it?
For actual weapons, I'd say I see the crossbow the least. None of te ppl I regularly play with use them which s funny because like 50% of them are fighgunners. wierd.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
I see myself as one of the few Fighgunners who actually use Crossbows. I hardly see that many FIs using them, even though they're pretty awesome, and they get a 3rd bullet in AoI.

relentless
Sep 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
Handgun or maybe Laser Cannon.

Genoa
Sep 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
I don't see anyone using machinegun other than myself.

gryphonvii
Sep 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
I love my twin claws, use them all the time, seldom see single claws, I also use single daggers all the time, seldom see pistols

Chaobo99
Sep 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
its totally Rods...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But I would say...laser cannons.i guess :/

MrNomad
Sep 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
For me, I'd say its the bow, twin daggers, saber, and sword although I'm sure now Ill be seeing a bunch of fFs spamming the new ult PA in front of jarbas and any other monster with an attack that's anti-fF. Got my moons ready! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2007, 01:29 PM
Twin claws and single claws aren't really that great. The first twin claw PA is rather useless, and the third is slow. The second is mildly useful, but it hardly defines the weapon. The first claw PA takes up too much PP, and the second doesn't do enough damage. The PAs just aren't that good.

Kion
Sep 29, 2007, 01:30 PM
it's too bad FF's don't use laser cannons. The gun is not for SE, it has insanely high ATP and hits multiple enemies. hitting two to three enemies; one shot can easily do over 1,000 combined damage.

Kanju
Sep 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
Wands, Laser Cannons, and Crossbows.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
Handguns.

For just generally not seeing it, which I use a lot of myself, is shotguns. I see more people using xbows than I do shotguns, which is kinda strange to me....

Then again I don't party with a lot of fGs outside myself, I find I'm the only gunner in most of my groups (prolly why I try my best to fill that role very well)

Kylie
Sep 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
I don't know about other people, but my least favorites are...

Machineguns and laser cannons.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2007, 02:55 PM
Been a long time since I played but I remember that sonce people played with their alts after the 90 cap came out, it was more of a techer or gunner moment.

bloodflowers
Sep 29, 2007, 03:00 PM
It'd have to be laser cannons. Glad to hear about the changes coming as we head into AoI, because I like them - got a Degahna Cannon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Trouble is, most people don't know how to use them - so it's going to take a while before you see them being pulled out in regular use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bloodflowers on 2007-09-29 13:04 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Sep 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-09-29 11:58, Kanju wrote:
Wands, Laser Cannons, and Crossbows.

majan
Sep 29, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-09-29 08:59, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-09-29 08:51, Kinfante wrote:

That's rather surprising. Crossbows are very excellent weapons.

indeed-the ultimate art alone is worth getting the weapon.on the other hand,it is a very,very major pain to level up.this is probably why it isnt that popular.

sabers are also not too popular.you see waaaay more single dagger users than sabers.twin sabers arent really unpopular,but they arent as common as other weapons.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 29, 2007, 03:16 PM
Laser Cannons, Crossbows, Fans.

Laser Cannons deserve SOME respect, they can do some good damage on tightly packed mobs. Crossbows are more common but still not used enough. SE3 plus a high rate of fire and some nice damage. Fans I'm seeing less and less of. It's sad because it does damage that can compete with Twin Pistols and Crossbows.

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2007, 03:19 PM
I use fans/cards all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 29, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-09-29 13:19, Zarbolord wrote:
I use fans/cards all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But that doesn't mean most people use them ;o

Zarbolord
Sep 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah I rarely see people use fans actually. I must be the only really enthusiastic maniac about them.