PDA

View Full Version : So, how 'bout them acrofighters?

Parn
Sep 29, 2007, 11:42 PM
Any details? We all have read how they were in the beta, but how's the weapon attack speed in retail? Is their EVP high enough that one could rely on it for an edge in combat? Are shadoogs really good at landing status effects? Details are greatly appreciated!

-Ryuki-
Sep 29, 2007, 11:45 PM
I do know that Status Effects play a huge part in AoI, at least, that's what said was during beta. I never tested them myself, for I was testing out the AcroTecher, but as far as I know, they specialize in 1 handed combat.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 30, 2007, 12:09 AM
I was also wondering about shadoogs. And if rifles/bows get SE level5.

Schubalts
Sep 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
Shadoogs? Rely on your TP; fire automatically on any enemy within their range; deal SE depending on element and rank; never run out of PP; no PAs for them. Higher rank Shadoogs have a higher SE chance, I think.

Soukosa
Sep 30, 2007, 12:50 AM
Not much is known about shadoogs yet since the expansion is still fairly new and not many people have it still. It is known that they still fire automaticly and the grade of the model affects how they fire and what level the SE is. The SE level also seems to vary depending upon the SE itself and some elements will change SE depending upon the grade. Should be noted that not all shadoogs will fire normal bullets. The Sonichi one supposedly fires a penetrating beam like what laser cannons do (I don't have the expansion yet so I can't say so myself).

As for getting SE5, don't count on it. While not much has been posted about bullet SEs most of the techs saw no increase in their SE level. SE5 would also be rather broken in how much power it'd have on certain ones, such as the DoTs. They already lowered enemy STA and adjusted the proc rates slightly (or so they say), making SE4 land rather easily on really anything that isn't immune to it now (and shielded stuff).

Kion
Sep 30, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-09-29 21:45, RyukiZero wrote:
as far as I know, they specialize in 1 handed combat.

i wonder what they're doing with the other hand... >.>

acrotecher seems like the only class that's going to ever use the ultimate fan PA's.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 30, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-09-30 00:08, Kion wrote:

acrofighter seems like the only class that's going to ever use the ultimate fan PA's.

Fixed.

AC9breaker
Sep 30, 2007, 02:24 AM
From the short time Ive spent on it, attacks delays are definitely less. I'm saying this based on the Just Attack timer system. On PSU Vanilla I pretty much had dagger and hand to hand down pact that I could Just Attack every hit without trying. Getting on AoI, my timing has been thrown off. Not sure if its just the less wait in delay time or what thats doing it.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:27 AM
The Shadoog, I'd assume would be used by the AcroFighter. Like I said. Since they specialize in one-handed fighting, and the fact that Shadoogs are independant "pods", you have auto-support while hacking and slashing.

But, that's just how I see it, and would play that class. Not sure what others would do, and as mentioned, it's still too early to find out.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 02:28 AM
acro fighter seems like a job/type that didn't need to get made, and as a result, has no niche. Remember any fightiny type is competing against fortefighter, and figunner for melee-based attacks, and to a lesser extent ProTranser, and Wartecher.

So, Protranser is the heavy weapons user for both melee and ranged. I like to think of acrofighter as the light weapons user in both melee and ranged.

unfortunately, without trap use, I'd be surprised if anyone - especially anyone who currently plays as a fighgunner, would be interested...giving up level 30 crossbows is a tall order.
:-/

Gryffin
Sep 30, 2007, 02:29 AM
Well, if we get 4 extra slots, like the world merge.. I have plans for a Newearl Acrofighter.

Single Claw + Shadoog, yesplz.

AC9breaker
Sep 30, 2007, 02:31 AM
If the lowered enemy resistance sticks Acrofighter Newmen and Human will be the shit with Shadoogs due to them being TP based. They owed pretty hard in the beta and I think the Beta hadn't even implemented the lower enemy resistance.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:32 AM
If we ever got at least one or two extra characters, I'd definitely make a beast. Well, it'd go like this.

Beast Ryuki
Beaseal Natsuki. Natsuki = Pikachu, just in a different name.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 02:37 AM
I was thinking newman Acrofighters would be quite nifty. The evasion and accuracy stacked with the same race bonus'... a blocking machine perhaps? Very accurate as well. I think it would be a pretty nifty class. It probably wouldn't look as COOL as the other fighter classes using the big 2-handed special weapons, but I think 1-handed weapons are underestimated. Especially with Shadoogs now, this should be very interesting.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 30, 2007, 03:04 AM
How is the Ranged selection for AF? i might consider Nova for it, but I don't yet. I hope it's much better than Figunner's crappy gun selection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-30 01:06 ]</font>

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-09-30 01:04, Sexy_Raine wrote:
How is the Ranged selection for AF? i might consider Nova for it, but I don't yet. I hope it's much better than Figunner's crappy gun selection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-30 01:06 ]</font>

Huh. I'm pretty content with Figh's guns. Considering.

Anyhow I'm pretty certain they get Cards/Twin Pistols,single pistol of course.

Slicers too,I hope to combo that with Cards,should be a winning combo,I hope anyway.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 30, 2007, 03:25 AM
Nova uses mostly two-handed guns except for machine guns for mayalee fury. I was hoping they would get more two-handed guns.

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 03:29 AM
On 2007-09-30 01:25, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Nova uses mostly two-handed guns except for machine guns for mayalee fury. I was hoping they would get more two-handed guns.

I think I get what your saying,but I really feel that Fighs guns do MORE than enough for the things that come up. Not really sure what other guns they'd need.

But this is not a Figh thread,sorry about getting off track again.

I'm really really looking forward to abusing EVP as a Acrofighter,I expect to see some really crazy stuff from this class.

Slicers just happen to be the selling point for me though.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 04:33 AM
Ranged weapons? Slicers, Dualies, Cards, Handguns. That's about it, I believe. Oh, and Shadoogs, if you count those.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 08:05 AM
I'm definitely going to make my Male Human and my Male Newman go Acrofighter, this class just looks like total win. Shadoogs using TP is really awesome for Newmans, and its awesome that TP is being used by alot more classes now because of this.

PJ
Sep 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
I'm gonna skip out on Acrofighter. It lacks the cool stuff like the AXE.

Acrotecher I might do as a side job, but not Acrofighter.

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
Quick, someone make a video of an acrofighter attacking enemies with a saber and blocking attacks... or something! That would be just awesome.

AlphaDragoon
Sep 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I wanna see if Sabers get the speed boost. If so...then bye, Fighgunner.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah, seriously, I think Shiro might give up on Fighgunner, especially since Fortefighters get S rank Twin Sabers too, I'll just switch to that when I'm in a S rank Twin Saber mood, but when I'm in a drop-kicking mood or a hikai shuhazan mood, Acrofighter it is.

SStrikerR
Sep 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
quick question, i forget what new weps fighs get in AOI.
can some1 tell me them, and what rank?

Menochi
Sep 30, 2007, 10:34 AM
If the my room servers weren't up then down, disconnecting people, and generally lagging like hell, I'd have made my male newman acrofighter samurai by now.
But until then, I don't really want to wait 30m-1h and a few disconnects to get into my room.

Shinou
Sep 30, 2007, 10:43 AM
Eh I'm content with Figh. AF looks cool, but I dunno I don't wanna abandon Figh just for a speed boost and few more range weapons...plus I love my traps =]

KaffeKane
Sep 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-09-30 08:34, Menochi wrote:
If the my room servers weren't up then down, disconnecting people, and generally lagging like hell, I'd have made my male newman acrofighter samurai by now.
But until then, I don't really want to wait 30m-1h and a few disconnects to get into my room.

o.o I know this is off-topic, but WOW. They're having the same problems they were having in the first month of PSU's release over in JP. XD

Sexy_Raine
Sep 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-09-30 02:33, RyukiZero wrote:
Ranged weapons? Slicers, Dualies, Cards, Handguns. That's about it, I believe. Oh, and Shadoogs, if you count those.

Awww, that's it? I was hoping it was more like a gunner class. That's not enough IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-30 09:36 ]</font>

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
As previously stated, Acrofighter is suppose to be the opposite of Protranser (equipment-wise)
Protranser has all the heavy weaponry from Melee and Ranged artillery. Acrofighter seems to specialize in light weaponry, mostly 1-handed. It's a big hint as to why Acrofighter has the most EVP of all classes.

I also hear they get A-rank twin handguns...

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 01:25 PM
As far as I know, The prefix of "Acro" allows Dualies and Cards. I think there's another one, but I don't remember.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
S-rank weapons: sabers, daggers, claws, slicers, handguns, shadoogs
A-rank weapons: knuckles, twin sabers, twin daggers, twin claws, twin handguns, cards

None of those are one weapon that requires two hands, therefore, the "acrobatic" prefix makes perfect sense.

Kismet
Sep 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
Wait, huh? Why is AF getting cards? Aren't cards technic-orientated? Wouldn't slicers for AF make more sense? (Too many questions.)

Anyways, AF seems like a pointless job imo. I mean, okay, you attack a little bit faster... So? Does it get something else, other than that speed, that's only special to it and not any other class? Be it stat-wise or weapon-wielding(combo)-wise?

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 01:44 PM
Ridiculously high evasion. Highest in the game. They even put fortetecher's evasion to shame. I'm curious if it's high enough that you can expect an enemy attack to be blocked way more often than not so Just Counter can be abused.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 01:50 PM
They gain higher accuracy and evasion than the other hunter jobs. They also have reasonable atp and dfp (on par or better than fighgunner, I believe), which allows for them to take advantage of just counter. Their speed boost is heavy, and is paired with quick weapons, meaning they can weave in and out of PAs (something fortefighters simply can't do). This is again paired with a weapon that fires on its own, dealing status without interrupting your flow. They also have high level bullets and S rank handguns, meaning they won't suck during boss fights.

They're an agile fortefighter, in other words. More limited in attack options, but still versatile enough to get the job done. They're also a viable choice for newmans who want to try a hunter class. In fact, I will kick any newman I see in the face is I don't see them playing an acro class.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 01:58 PM
D; uh... I think acrofighter, acrotecher, guntecher, wartecher, and fortetecher are all good for newmans. Anything else is just... meh
And don't give me that "PT is GOOD WITH NEWMAN"... PT get's a decent deal of ATA (once leveled that is)... Newmans have good ATA. PT's still have pretty low ATP... Newman have WORST ATP.
Give it to a Human or Cast... MAYBE a beast.

I want to try Newman Guntecher and Acrofighter post-aoi.

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
Don't worry about justifying what you play to anyone. Play whatever class you want with whatever race you want.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:00 PM
Like I said. "Acro" allows Dualies and Cards. If you think "acrobatic", wouldn't you think of something you can use while being agile and "jumpy"? Card-throwing, twin pistol-totting.. Yeah, those come to mind.

Kismet
Sep 30, 2007, 02:07 PM
Ah, I see. (And yes, Parn's right.)

Ryuki-kun, hee-hee, always being the imaginative one. =3

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:00, Parn wrote:
Don't worry about justifying what you play to anyone. Play whatever class you want with whatever race you want.

I'm not saying you can't... I'm just saying it wouldn't be as good.
So what if your newman PT can get guns before a beast or human PT can... ANY other race would get access to higher melee weapons and do more damage with the ranged weapons when they do get them. And casts will have guns AND melee weapons sooner than newman PTs.

It just doesn't seem wise. But go ahead, I won't kick you... I'll just keep buying moons and holding my tongue :<

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Newmans may have the worst ATP, but it isn't THAT bad.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 02:11 PM
Again, I'm only saying it's not as wise... =/
It still depends on who's behind the screen controlling the character, but whoever is controlling the player could do BETTER with another class.
Letting all that TP go to waste? Acrofighting newmans ftw :>

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:11 PM
CAST suck when it comes to TP beyond all hell. Does that mean I'm going to neglect Shadoogs on my Red Ranger as being one? Probably not, because stats don't really matter if you know what you're doing.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-09-30 11:58, MegamanX wrote:
D; uh... I think acrofighter, acrotecher, guntecher, wartecher, and fortetecher are all good for newmans. Anything else is just... meh

I meant from a role playing point of view. Now that newmans have an excuse to put their agility to use, I expect them all to take full advantage of it.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:12 PM
Double posted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-09-30 12:15 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:13 PM
Even if CASTs suck with TP, I'm not going to neglect Shadoogs on my possible AcroFighter (Ori, if anyone was wondering who).

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:12, Zorafim wrote:
Now that newmans have an excuse to put their agility to use, I expect them all to take full advantage of it.
Or, people can play whatever race/class combination they want and not have people turn this game into Final Fantasy XI. Yeah, I think I like that option better.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't either because of it's SE inflictions, but still, newmans will get more a hefty use of Shadoogs. A ranged weapon that doesn't use Techniques but goes off of player TP... Finally, classes with shadoogs can actually care about what their TP is for once despite the classes that can't use any techniques.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:16, Parn wrote:

Now that newmans have an excuse to put their agility to use, I expect them all to take full advantage of it.
Or, people can play whatever race/class combination they want and not have people turn this game into Final Fantasy XI. Yeah, I think I like that option better.

Agreed.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:16, Parn wrote:

Race didn't matter in FFXI, every race could play every job. Neither did fanboyism, since every race there was created for the game itself.

Regardless, now newmans aren't forced into the "prissy techers or gimped" role. They finally have access to jobs that uses their role since PSI.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2007, 02:21 PM
Acrotecher >>>>>>>> Acrofighter.

bwhahahahha!!!

i think Acrotecher is more of a Jack-of-All-Trades then a protranser.
they got 20 skills/bullets 30 attack techs and 40 support...

thats...everything!

just enuff to get tha 2nd part of single melee weapons and just enuff for the 3rd card for mah Card PAs.

expansion is gonna rock so hard....

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 02:23 PM
It's getting annoying that all classes with a decent PA and tech level also happen to be Trade Jacks. Can't I play a futuristic game without using guns?

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:20, Zorafim wrote:
Race didn't matter in FFXI, every race could play every job.
Correct, but that didn't stop people from bashing Taru monks, Galka white mages, and similar combinations because of people like you who expect players to use certain combinations.

Regardless, now newmans aren't forced into the "prissy techers or gimped" role. They finally have access to jobs that uses their role since PSI.
Or they can still play fortefighter, figunner, or whatever other class they want to play. Just like beasts can play fortetecher if they want.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:23, Zorafim wrote:
It's getting annoying that all classes with a decent PA and tech level also happen to be Trade Jacks. Can't I play a futuristic game without using guns?

pftt. im my PSU? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:25, Parn wrote:
Correct, but that didn't stop people from bashing Taru monks, Galka white mages, and similar combinations because of people like you who expect players to use certain combinations.

These people were ignorant. With proper gear, a Galka mage can have similar stats as better races. Taru melees had much less of a handicap as well, since the strength difference is negligible. Talk to a serious player, and they really won't care.

Or they can still play fortefighter, figunner, or whatever other class they want to play. Just like beasts can play fortetecher if they want.

You're missing the point. Beasts have always had a job that fit their role in the PSU universe, as have the other races besides newmans. Beasts get a job which uses pure strength, as well as access to weapons which work best with berserk movements. Casts get their controlled weapons, as well as their oversized weapons and jobs to go along side. Even humans had their rounded jobs. The closest newmans had to a class that took advantage of their racial qualities was fighgunner, and even that was rather off.
Now newmans finally have jobs that use what newmans were known for before PSO.

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2007, 02:51 PM
I don't care what anyone else does, but I'm totally making a female newman acrofighter come AoI, because I need both A) an excuse to make a newman and B) a Dashing Young Swordswoman type. Acrofighter totally fits the bill.

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:37, Zorafim wrote:
These people were ignorant. With proper gear, a Galka mage can have similar stats as better races. Taru melees had much less of a handicap as well, since the strength difference is negligible. Talk to a serious player, and they really won't care.
Wrong. A galka mage had access to gear that could help make up for their stat deficiencies, but they could never become equal to a taru mage. Period. For all the equipment that there was to help make up for stat deficiencies, a taru could put stuff that enhanced those same stats in those same slots. Sorry, but that's just the way it was. I played the game on and off for damned near four years.

And the strength difference is also bullcrap. Try telling that to the average samurai player. Strength affected your damage cap, and with a class like monk where damage over time was the point of the class, doing 5-10 damage per punch less accumulated quite quickly. A recent patch to FFXI has made strength even more relevant than before.

Of course, this only mattered to people who nitpicked over every detail, an attitude that you're applying to this game, which I have to say is quite unwelcome.

You're missing the point. Beasts have always had a job that fit their role in the PSU universe, as have the other races besides newmans. Beasts get a job which uses pure strength, as well as access to weapons which work best with berserk movements. Casts get their controlled weapons, as well as their oversized weapons and jobs to go along side. Even humans had their rounded jobs. The closest newmans had to a class that took advantage of their racial qualities was fighgunner, and even that was rather off.
Now newmans finally have jobs that use what newmans were known for before PSO.
No, you're missing the point. The point is that you think everyone should play specific race/class combinations, and it is a really shitty attitude to have. If someone wants to play a newman fortefighter, they're perfectly entitled to do so. They can play whatever the hell they want.

You're more than welcome to create characters that maximize their potential with specific combinations, and that's cool. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You're a powergamer, and you undoubtedly get enjoyment from being able to clear an area in record time. Awesome. However, there is something wrong with expecting everyone else to apply this same ruleset to their gaming. When I log in, I don't care about S ranks. I don't care about how long it takes to clear an area. I don't care that my human character can't nanoblast and do as much damage as a beast. And we can go our seperate ways and play in our own respective teams so we don't butt heads. But don't you dare dictate what you expect others to do. This is a videogame.

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
What Parn said. Always remember that this is a Pretendy Fun Time Game, and when you expect people to always play in an "optimal" fashion, you are taking it too seriously, because anything with "Pretendy" in the name is simply not to be taken seriously.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 02:58 PM
Maybe that's the reason why I enjoyed playing with Parn. It was more about the company.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:01 PM
Wait, what? What's your argument? You're jumping around, I can't follow you.

I started with saying is that newmans get to be agile, and expressing this is a semi-playful manner which can be seen as hostile to someone taking things too seriously, now you're calling me a power gamer?

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2007, 03:02 PM
Going through areas fast is fun, but sticking with people you can have fun with makes the experience 1000000x better. Besides, you can still kick ass if you know what you're doing, including a female Newman Fortefighter.

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2007, 03:05 PM
PRETENDY FUN TIME GAME, EVERYBODY. please.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
Um... Now I'm really lost. Why are we talking about elitism? Where did my argument go?

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
Edit: MOMMY!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2007-09-30 13:24 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
cg on 2500 parn ;o

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:10, beatrixkiddo wrote:
cg on 2500 parn ;o
Thanks!

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
Wow. Parn, go read my original statement. You're arguing on a false premise. Don't take sentences out of context if setting up an argument.

I meant from a role playing point of view. Now that newmans have an excuse to put their agility to use, I expect them all to take full advantage of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-30 13:15 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 03:19 PM
Edit: Allison spanked me. I shut up now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2007-09-30 13:22 ]</font>

Allison_W
Sep 30, 2007, 03:21 PM
Yo. Pretendy fun time games, both of you.

-Ryuki-
Sep 30, 2007, 03:22 PM
Parn, would you like a hug? XD

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:21, Allison_W wrote:
Yes ma'am! *edits post and drops argument*

Zorafim and I are in reality, best friends. True story!

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:24 PM
Remember my fanboyism. I wanna see newmans with dual claws, spamming dblslash and eliminate, and starting the fight off with saner.
I take my Pretendy fun time games seriously

And Ein, I think the thunder cards are a bit redundant. The shadoogs can serve the same function with less downtime, can't they?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-30 13:30 ]</font>

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 03:24 PM
I think everyone seemed to overlook what a AcroFighter could potenially do.

It is my belief,based on the weapons and skill/bullet lvls availible to them that they will be the perfect mobile fighter. Because the weapon selection usually offers excellent recovery,decent damage,it should be that hard for a AF to handle most small mobs,rouges,vahra,vandas from mid to close range without having to worry.

Imagine if you will,a Card/Slicer combination.

Cards have Shock SE on them,Slicer has the (forget what it's called) PA that allows them to shoot through quite a few of monsters.

Your going to be able to Shock a whole mob,then blast them with this Slicer PA. During this you can dance outside the mobs range with strafing,all the while firing off your cards,when they can't attack you,blast again.

Want to get it done quicker? Assault Crush is still there,there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to SE with a few card flicks and follow up with AC,all it involves is switching your weapons.

You could do so many strong combinations with this class,I can't understand why people would think this class is pointless. If your hit,there is a good chance your EVP would kick in and give you a solid chance to Just Counter.

At least,this is something I would do if the class was availible to me and it had access to the same things as I've seen.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 30, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:52, Parn wrote:
Wrong. A galka mage had access to gear that could help make up for their stat deficiencies, but they could never become equal to a taru mage. Period. For all the equipment that there was to help make up for stat deficiencies, a taru could put stuff that enhanced those same stats in those same slots. Sorry, but that's just the way it was. I played the game on and off for damned near four years.

And the strength difference is also bullcrap. Try telling that to the average samurai player. Strength affected your damage cap, and with a class like monk where damage over time was the point of the class, doing 5-10 damage per punch less accumulated quite quickly. A recent patch to FFXI has made strength even more relevant than before.

Of course, this only mattered to people who nitpicked over every detail, an attitude that you're applying to this game, which I have to say is quite unwelcome.

Let me say this about your ffxi metaphor as wrong. Please, if you plan to use that metaphor, learn in game mechanics a bit more better, I can argue this point but I won't go too far... cause this is a PSU/O forum.

The fact is ffxi is dam well pretty balanced in terms of gear and how people play. The only real class that stats did matter in where there is a race handicap is elvaan BLMs but even then I've seen some mean elvaan BLMs myself.

Addtionally, STR doesn't really effect your damage cap, but your atk+ potential, damage is capped at 2.5pdif for single handed users while it's 2.8 for 2handed users (I think I forget the exact numbers again) and SAM have a 75% stat DMG bonus modifier on all their WS, thus making STR a very important stat for SAMs. I can continue rambling on but it's trivial information based on an MMO, and I'm just a sucker for information <<;

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:24, Zorafim wrote:

And Ein, I think the thunder cards are a bit redundant. The shadoogs can serve the same function with less downtime, can't they?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-30 13:30 ]</font>

Cards home in on targets,it's a non aimed weapon to to speak. It's something mobile and more so based off bullet lvl in terms of effectivness.

Say Levia,have you ever fired off a few cards and followed up with a melee PA? The result is wonderful,trust me. Shadoogs fire on their own don't they? I'd rather have full control of what's going on.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hm, never had the pleasure of using cards on a melee class. I suppose I'll take your word for it. Still, the S rank shadoogs seem good in theory at high level rarities.

Parn
Sep 30, 2007, 03:48 PM
This is why the attack speed issue is such a big deal to me:

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/attackspeed.wmv

This is an excerpt from an early build of the game... the player is using twin sabers and uses assault crush. Every part of the entire combo is executed faster than it is in the retail game for the other classes, and if acrofighter manages a similar attack speed, it makes a huge deal I'd say.

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 03:50 PM
In the end,we won't know till it hits our shores and people begin to experiment on their own,rather than make guess here based on limited information.

Eitherway,that Slicer/Card combo is something I've wanted to do for a while now,I can't wait to abuse this classes EVP for Just Counter.

F-Gattaca
Sep 30, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:21, Allison_W wrote:

I don't care what anyone says, this is Sekani's new sig quote.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Acrofighter has lots of awesome stuff available to them. The one card bullet I'm most interested in for Acrofighter is the healing one, since they're the only class that can use cards and at the same time, can't use resta, so they can take advantage of the BA better than the techer classes. Its like this bullet was made for AF. I agree w/ Ein in that this class is just made of awesome and has so much potential to them. The healing bullet is just one thing, they have much more like what Ein just said.

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 04:09 PM
Parn also mentions the fact that AcroFighter is supposed to be faster,the attack animation for Twin Sabers and Daggers is supposed to be quicker,not sure if that stayed after the beta.

Pretty certain Donkeybeatz and AC9Breaker made a vid of this,comparing the original attack speed with the new, AcroFighter speed.

If that's true,then I like to think they could go into Just Attack hairs faster than other classes.

That'd be great,I'd love to see what good things could come of that,pretty sure claws have faster recovery too. Single Claw that is.

Oh,speaking of single Claw,have you folks seen the new AoE PA for it? Should be a link in the AoI Screenshot thread.

It looks outstanding,I hope to abuse that with my future AF,and more than likely,I'll pair it up with cards to boot.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
Still not clawy enough for me, but that single claw PA seems really nice. I'm welcoming this class with open arms, though I'm still not sure if I'm willing to give up my precious two handed weapons long enough to level it.

omegapirate2k
Sep 30, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:23, Parn wrote:
Zorafim and I are in reality, best friends. True story!

Really? I just roleplay being friends with you D:

IM SERIOUS... not really...

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
Unless acrofighter get's pp reduction, I have a hard time seeing it as an alternate to Figunner. Don't forget FiGs get shadoogs too.

You can't block the enemy dead.

..and I haet* Figs

*deliberate misspelling

omegapirate2k
Sep 30, 2007, 04:27 PM
EDIT: wtf double post >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-09-30 15:11 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Sep 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
EDIT: wtf triple post >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-09-30 15:10 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Sep 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
Unless acrofighter get's pp reduction, I have a hard time seeing it as an alternate to Figunner. Don't forget FiGs get shadoogs too.

You can't block the enemy dead.

..and I haet* Figs

*deliberate misspelling

Freshellent
Sep 30, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'm keeping Ein a Figh,Victor is going AF hopefully.

One other point I just thought of too,if the attack speed is higher on AF,won't that mean they regain PP faster anyhow?

I'm pretty sure by spamming out normal combos PP regens with the new battle system.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 04:39 PM
Oh right, the PP recovery system. Well, they attack faster, but they still use PP faster as well. They also use the lowest PP holding weapons in the game. I think I can see the PP being a problem, but probably not as much of a problem as fFs have right now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 04:46 PM
But don't AFs get a faster PP regan as well? And besides, we can always regenerate that PP with our normal attacks.

Pengfishh
Sep 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
Acrofighter is my #1 pick for AoI. Using Cards as a melee class is what did it for me. Simple as that. I'll fill a palette of Daggers and Cards and be well pleased.

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2007, 04:51 PM
In any case, using normal attacks to regain PP doesn't seem like it would take horridly long. Just use normal attacks on one mob and you can *roughly* regain enough PP to almost fill that weapon again. Or at least close enough to 3/4 for more PA spam if you wish.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 30, 2007, 07:01 PM
Can AcroFighter still use Shadoogs just not S rank shadoogs?

Now If I ever see a Shadoog that looks like the Rati mag I may switch one of my alts to Acrofighter.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, Acrofighter still has S rank Shadoogs.

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2007, 03:59 AM
I'm pretty sure Acrofighter is the only class with S rank Shadoog access.

Anyway, Finally got my first shadoog today, went for my favorite type. Earth elemental. to my surprise SEGA DISAPPOINTS ME YET AGAIN! The stun effect of earth elemental shadoog was changed to the worst fucking effect in the game. Poison. =/ I hope one of the S rank Shadoogs have stun as a SE becuase it was a really useful SE. Heres hoping Dark type elemental is still Incapacitate/Down

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 04:03 AM
On 2007-10-01 01:59, AC9breaker wrote:
I'm pretty sure Acrofighter is the only class with S rank Shadoog access.

The stun effect of earth elemental shadoog was changed to the worst fucking effect in the game. Poison. =/ I hope one of the S rank Shadoogs have stun as a SE becuase it was a really useful SE.

yes, ATs have exclusive S rank shadoogs.

higher rank shadoogs have different elemental effects. There is still hope, AC

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 04:36 AM
On 2007-09-30 11:36, Kismet wrote:
Wait, huh? Why is AF getting cards? Aren't cards technic-orientated? Wouldn't slicers for AF make more sense? (Too many questions.)

Anyways, AF seems like a pointless job imo. I mean, okay, you attack a little bit faster... So? Does it get something else, other than that speed, that's only special to it and not any other class? Be it stat-wise or weapon-wielding(combo)-wise?

AF is getting cards as the one handed weapon speciallist. one handed cards with 3 hits and high elemental damage is the perfect suplement for their one handed melee weapons. they are the only ones that can benefit from the first ultimate card PA; three 3 hp stealing flying blades. also the acro classes are kind of meant to exspand the playable classes for newmen which are kind of stat locked into playing fortetecher at the moment, so the class tends to verge on techer.( <trollers, don't take that statment too seriously)

and acrofighter seems like a very well balanced job, it combines both support and fast attacks into one class. i image more than anything else, people will be playing this class for the sheer fun of conncting attack patterns togther. also it goes under the mentality of less damage more hits, so i expect it to be a fast paced class which pulls the effectiveness enitrely from the user.

can't wait to see how this class works out. and human seems like the best race for this class, exspecially with their photon tanks for additional fiepower >.<

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 1, 2007, 06:37 AM
On 2007-09-30 13:24, Icespike wrote:
I think everyone seemed to overlook what a AcroFighter could potenially do.

It is my belief,based on the weapons and skill/bullet lvls availible to them that they will be the perfect mobile fighter. Because the weapon selection usually offers excellent recovery,decent damage,it should be that hard for a AF to handle most small mobs,rouges,vahra,vandas from mid to close range without having to worry.

Imagine if you will,a Card/Slicer combination.

Cards have Shock SE on them,Slicer has the (forget what it's called) PA that allows them to shoot through quite a few of monsters.

Your going to be able to Shock a whole mob,then blast them with this Slicer PA. During this you can dance outside the mobs range with strafing,all the while firing off your cards,when they can't attack you,blast again.

Want to get it done quicker? Assault Crush is still there,there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to SE with a few card flicks and follow up with AC,all it involves is switching your weapons.

You could do so many strong combinations with this class,I can't understand why people would think this class is pointless. If your hit,there is a good chance your EVP would kick in and give you a solid chance to Just Counter.

At least,this is something I would do if the class was availible to me and it had access to the same things as I've seen.

While your card/slicer example is good, I will be doing the same thing on my Fighgunner, except with Xbow/slicer... cause Xbow has a higher SE level

But I do think their main advantage will be their high evasion to perform just counters and such

THE JACKEL

Freshellent
Oct 1, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-10-01 04:37, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-09-30 13:24, Icespike wrote:
BLAH

While your card/slicer example is good, I will be doing the same thing on my Fighgunner, except with Xbow/slicer... cause Xbow has a higher SE level

But I do think their main advantage will be their high evasion to perform just counters and such

THE JACKEL

Actually,I was planning on doing the same for my Figh as well,I happen to like cards more visually then xbows however.

AcroFighters also get S slicers,S claws yadda yadda.
I feel I can play more "counter offensive" with an AcroFighter,which I greatly look forward to.

So yeah,I agree with you dood,I think the EVP alone should set them apart,don't think they'll ever compare to a Figh in terms of power or damage options.
(Spears,Swords Daggas and Gravity Break are my boss weapons/PAs currently.)

btw,GODDAMN is the slicer PA strong,I just saw the PA at 21 for it,I'm really looking forward to using it on both my Figh and Future AF.

Shanira
Oct 1, 2007, 05:45 PM
So what weapons, exactly, do Acrofighters attack faster with?