PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Regrants Fortetechers are now like some Fighgunners

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 30, 2007, 03:23 AM
I was in a party with 2 fortetechers and a Fighgunner, and noticed that the Fortetechers held Regrants Lv21+. I immediatly saw it's negative effects.

It knocks back like Tornado Dance[which the Fighgunner ALSO used like heck]. I could barely keep one to two enemies by me and my Axes, Twin Sabers, single Sabers, or Claws.

<.< My Gravity Break use restricts my swords for now.

So.. Anyone notice this annoyance on the Fortefighters Melee Only policy? o.o;

[exits rant and enters discussion mode]

Sexy_Raine
Sep 30, 2007, 03:32 AM
Heh, it's about time us forces get a knockback, I will abuse the hell out of it. It's basically our version of what grenades/maylalee prism does, but a little bit harder to use because of HP drain.

EDIT: Oh yeah, worms finally have a true weakness, and won't be hated anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-30 01:38 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 30, 2007, 03:34 AM
Enter KB locking, the easy mode way!

Having trouble hitting that mob? Wasting PP on those miss hits?
Then Regrants is your answer!
Any Force with the right mind will be happy to help you Knockback Lock your mobs for easy pickings!
Complaining about moving mobs no more!
Let Regrants Knockback Lock be your spell today!

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 30, 2007, 03:40 AM
o.o ooookay... Yeah... I know that...

But, I'll say this, using Regrants in the dead freaking center of a mob with no walls nearby is either a crazy move or a ineffective one.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 30, 2007, 03:44 AM
I'd say as effective as attacking a single mob with a laser cannon <<'

Sexy_Raine
Sep 30, 2007, 04:04 AM
It's situational, it's not meant to be used like hunter skill, because the damage sucks, and it's risky at times. I don't spam it like that, unless I'm fighting weak enemies, and wanna joke around with it.

F-Gattaca
Sep 30, 2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah, probably the only time I'd (in a party) ever use Regrants without attempting to push them into a corner is when they will collapse instead of fly away.

! have yet to fully exhaust my thirst for vengance for months of frustration upon Sendillians!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-30 02:06 ]</font>

bloodflowers
Sep 30, 2007, 04:09 AM
I saw some techers using Regrant on Bil De Veer. It causes spinning and death, usually someone elses due to lag.

ashley50
Sep 30, 2007, 04:39 AM
its a defensive/offensive TECH in one.

anyways...so are fTs going to be kicked now as well as almost everyone did when FGs used TDs?

Gen2000
Sep 30, 2007, 07:59 AM
Since the FOs have Resta they will probably be kicked much less compared to the FiGs/Gunners spamming Tornado Dance/Mayalee Prism or Grenade Gun.

I don't care about FO's Resta though so if I'm party leader I will boot, otherwise I'll just leave. Unnecessary knockbacks is annoying as hell no matter what the class.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 08:11 AM
Well, I don't mind knockbacks like that if they're on things like robots, although I hardly ever run missions w/ them since they have no rarz of my interest.

desturel
Sep 30, 2007, 08:31 AM
As I said to my FiG friend. "Now Darkness, the tables have turned!"

I made it a point to blast away enemies that he was attacking. Of course I won't do that in regular groups. I was just making a point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RedCoKid
Sep 30, 2007, 08:38 AM
In hive, it's useful for gaos and sendillans, but for the rest I'd suggest using foie or rafoie. I haven't tried it much on the 3 other planets yet.

DavidNel
Sep 30, 2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah, the scarttering enemies does get a little annoying... Expecially to rangers. With everything flying around, it's hard to get a hit in with anything BUT a mechinegun. Oh well, I guess it's time for the forces to have some fun.

Ryo_Hayasa
Sep 30, 2007, 08:50 AM
On 2007-09-30 01:40, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

But, I'll say this, using Regrants in the dead freaking center of a mob with no walls nearby is either a crazy move or a ineffective one.

Unless they're trying to knock back a mob into corner or against a wall.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
only one thing; you wont dare boot a techer from a party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

id probably only use up against the wall or sumthin. just out in the open could be annoying.

Sasamichan
Sep 30, 2007, 09:17 AM
On 2007-09-30 06:52, Rashiid wrote:
only one thing; you wont dare boot a techer from a party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I would if they had gimp buffs. Ex. a fT with lv2 buffs instead of lv3.

BanF
Sep 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
Heh, turnabout is indeed fair play!

That said, on monsters that don't fly away, it's rather useful. I saw it used on Jarbas last night; the knockback stops them from casting anything or even attacking, so the FT was safe in the midst of a bunch of them, and the fighters could wallop them without fear as well.

Neith
Sep 30, 2007, 09:43 AM
On 2007-09-30 06:52, Rashiid wrote:

Meh, techer isn't needed in True Darkness S2. Considering Regrant spam usually co-exists with 'what the hell is Resta?', I'd rather have no fT than one who spams this.

It's blinding to everyone (even worse than Dambarta 21), and the knockback is really annoying. Sure, it's good for doing things like disrupting Deljabans, or knocking Gaozorans into a corner, but you really don't have to spam it against everything that moves.

The fact there's dark rooms in True Darkness doesn't help either, makes the blinding even worse.

Beginning to wish Regrant was never released, or that people get bored of spamming it

kevington
Sep 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
Keep in mind the tech has been out for two days and that people are still getting the hang of using this shiny new toy. It's the first new attach tech in a long time so naturally some techers will be spamming it. I'm sure Regrant's use will ease up soon.

ErtaiClou
Sep 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-09-30 06:50, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

Or the person next to regrants is using cjarm shot. Even so its not like the mobs aren't going to come back for more damage anyway. What's a matter, majarra isn't an effective?

Hrith
Sep 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'm with Uri on that one, if FTs use Regrant over Resta => boot.

I boot bad FTs regularly, I have no problem with that.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 30, 2007, 10:20 AM
On 2007-09-30 06:50, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

By dead center with no walls, I mean no walls, everything flies in scattared directions, It's not as bad for Rangers sence they can use 1st person and snipe snipe snipe, but it's horrendously horrid for us Fortefighters with nothing but a Handgun as a gun.

For example-

Anga Jabroga- You successfully charge this attack and lunge but thanks to a Forces Regrants, all the vaible targets are not in range, attack failed, wasted PP.

Anga Redda, Rising Crush, Splendor Crush, all Break PAs, Claws, Twin Claws, Dus Daggas/Robado, Twin Daggers, Sabers, Daggers- You exicute the combo and mid attack/PA, a Regrants launches your target away. Miss.

Only long thrusting PAs like Dus Majarra, and Anga Dugrega can even cope with this defect <.<

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2007, 10:54 AM
Anyone who boots a player for doing something without letting them know about it, or because their buffs aren't level 3 or something like that, is nothing short of King of the Nerds.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 11:05 AM
Wow... okay, so fT's finally get a knockback move... and everyone else is mad about that? Get over it, seriously. Knockback is great. When it comes to picking melee PA's, I usually always go for the ones with knockback over total damage. Keeping enemies off of ME AND OTHERS is an advantage. Aww, boo hoo... You can't spam YOUR PA on them because someone knocked them back :<

Either get there first or find another party.

It doesn't matter what comes out, someone always finds something wrong about it. If it didn't have knockback, people would be sayin "omg this tech sux so bad, you start using it and before you can even get any decent damage the enemies pwns you hardcore!"
But now hunters are complaining about how annoying it is when YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME TO THE REST OF US >_>
stfu and take it is my opinion on this <_>

Sychosis
Sep 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Get a handgun and tag then quit yer bitchin'.

Yeah, that advice doesn't sound so awesome coming from the other side, does it?

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
my favorite part about this tech...
it hurts the caster... so I can see forces now spamming it and expecting other forces to heal them, and the other force getting mad saying it's not their job....

THE JACKEL

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-09-30 09:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
my favorite part about this tech...
it hurts the caster... so I can see forces now spamming it and expecting other forces to heal them, and the other force getting mad saying it's not their job....

THE JACKEL

I would lol. Especially since a FT would benefit from having Resta on the same weapon anyway, for convenience and the elemental boost.

Serephim
Sep 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
personally i dont care what has knockback, but all Gifoie and Gibarta 21+ deserve knockback.

Neith
Sep 30, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-09-30 09:12, Sychosis wrote:
Get a handgun and tag then quit yer bitchin'.

Yeah, that advice doesn't sound so awesome coming from the other side, does it?

It'd be ok if people learned to use it responsibly. Nearly every fT with it I've seen has just spammed it. On everything. Hopefully people will learn to spam it less, which I guess will be when the amusement of blinding everyone wears off.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 11:23 AM
It's probably being spammed hardcore atm due to
1. It's new, everyone loves new <_>
2. The fact True Darkness and Regrants came out simultaneously
3. First knockback tech :>
4. Perhaps spite towards hunters? xD

I would probably agree with the fact it's not being used very responsiblly yet, but I mean... it's not like Tornado Dance is being as abused as it once was, this will probably die down to a responsible use soon.... maybe.... hopefully

Powder Keg
Sep 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
People want to level it, also.

This spell is GREAT against enemies who don't fall back especially, like Tengohs and Goshins.

TranceZiggy
Sep 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
As one of the aforementioned FiG's..

Everyone's a critic <.<;

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 01:36 PM
Remember when the game first came out? When techers were complaining that their techs were missing because people kept Rising Strike everything?

Yeah.

ThEoRy
Sep 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ok. Regrants SOME Fortetechers are now like some Fighgunners
Title fixed.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 01:52 PM
Nope, your title is broken. The original title work perfectly to describe the situation, as well as being grammatically correct.

F-Gattaca
Sep 30, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-09-30 07:37, BanF wrote:
Heh, turnabout is indeed fair play!

That said, on monsters that don't fly away, it's rather useful. I saw it used on Jarbas last night; the knockback stops them from casting anything or even attacking, so the FT was safe in the midst of a bunch of them, and the fighters could wallop them without fear as well.

I should try it solo on a Jarba and see if I have the same problem with them as I do Dilnazens.

Then again, Jarbas are a LOT more slow and ponderous than Dilnazens ... you have to do some real fancy footwork to get a Dilnazen between you and a corner/hole in the wall. Not only that, but you have to coax it to face the wall first, so that when you fire up Regrants, it won't have time to turn around and bisect you.

Still ... trying to use Regrants solo on a Dilnazen was a painful experience. No way in hell can I do it against two at once.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-30 12:04 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Sep 30, 2007, 02:10 PM
Nope, my title fits better. The original title did not work perfectly to describe the situation seeing as how at least one ForteTecher(myself) is not at all like any FG. To be perfect it has to be 100% accurate. Seeing as how it's not, a title edit was in order.

omegapirate2k
Sep 30, 2007, 02:31 PM
Mayalee prism as a spell ftw.

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:10, ThEoRy wrote:
Nope, my title fits better. The original title did not work perfectly to describe the situation seeing as how at least one ForteTecher(myself) is not at all like any FG. To be perfect it has to be 100% accurate. Seeing as how it's not, a title edit was in order.

But the title is accurate, since it refers to only fortetechers which use ragrants. It's logically impossible for the topic to be correct while referring to any fortetecher which does not use ragrants.
Notice that "Ragrants Fortetecher" is a single title

It's nice to finally find someone who disagrees without using insults. We need more of you.

Sychosis
Sep 30, 2007, 02:52 PM
As a Fortetecher who uses Regrant, I agree that the current title is not totally accurate.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
*random*

i guess Light spells are under 'Re'

Re-grant
Re-sta
Re-verser
Re-ntis
Re-tier
Gi-Re-sta

perhaps im late...

anyway; as long as fin00berz use TD on anything that walks; i shall spam Regrant. bwhahha!

ThEoRy
Sep 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-09-30 12:52, Sychosis wrote:
As a Fortetecher who uses Regrant, I agree that the current title is not totally accurate.

Thank you Sychosis. The title implies that all fT's using regrant are some NeoNoobGunners which is not the case. Regrant has it's uses, and any fT worth his salt knows that spamming it in an open field on a huge mob of Badiras is not one of them.

I stand by my title edit. It is certainly more appropriate as it doesn't imply a negative generalization of an entire class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edit: p.s. I do use regrant at a high lvl properly, which is why I felt the need to edit the title since it was inaccurate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-09-30 13:24 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 30, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well, if taking it into that context, you can move the "some" to before the Regrants for optimal grammatical success. While doing so, adding in a Tornado Dance before the fighgunners would add, as well.

ThEoRy
Sep 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
agreed.

xiuying
Sep 30, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-09-30 13:03, Rashiid wrote:
*random*

i guess Light spells are under 'Re'

Re-grant
Re-sta
Re-verser
Re-ntis
Re-tier
Gi-Re-sta

perhaps im late...

anyway; as long as fin00berz use TD on anything that walks; i shall spam Regrant. bwhahha!

re re

Wallin
Sep 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
So is Regrants an uber technique? I still haven't gotten it yet, doubt I will at the rate I'm finding S groups. -_-

RedCoKid
Sep 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-09-30 07:43, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Meh, techer isn't needed in True Darkness S2. Considering Regrant spam usually co-exists with 'what the hell is Resta?', I'd rather have no fT than one who spams this.

On 2007-09-30 08:08, Hrith wrote:
I'm with Uri on that one, if FTs use Regrant over Resta => boot.
FTs can't use regrant without casting resta afterward unless they've been casting themselves dead.

Pulpy
Sep 30, 2007, 08:51 PM
I use regrants on sendelin and foie and gifoie on everything else in true darkness. Or my card. And if not why would non techers complain? It would keep all the megid off of you since you guys can't resist it. I think the only thing thats its not worth it to use it on is the bel pannons. Is that what your complaining about? Anybody else have their regrants at 30?

Hrith
Sep 30, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-09-30 18:21, RedCoKid wrote:
FTs can't use regrant without casting resta afterward unless they've been casting themselves dead.FTs are supposed to heal others, not themselves.

Sychosis
Sep 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-09-30 21:05, Hrith wrote:

FTs can't use regrant without casting resta afterward unless they've been casting themselves dead.FTs are supposed to heal others, not themselves.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm out and about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

F-Gattaca
Oct 1, 2007, 12:42 AM
Looking over the chain of posts to see where that came from ... Hrith sounds like yet another example of players trying to force playing style restrictions where the devs did not intend them.

I've only witnessed it once if memory serves, but I have this personal policy where I blacklist and avoid the parties of people I've seen whom boot over crap like that. I can't stand those who think a type MUST be played a specific way, and if I had an FT I wouldn't like the idea of someone booting me just because I actually dared to use Regrants rather than be a heal/buff slave.

MayLee
Oct 1, 2007, 01:53 AM
Regrants knocks back? AWESOME.

Well if people are having such a problem with others using knock back, why not try to shoot them down with bows, pistals and rifles?

BanF
Oct 1, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-09-30 22:42, F-Gattaca wrote:
Looking over the chain of posts to see where that came from ... Hrith sounds like yet another example of players trying to force playing style restrictions where the devs did not intend them.

I've only witnessed it once if memory serves, but I have this personal policy where I blacklist and avoid the parties of people I've seen whom boot over crap like that. I can't stand those who think a type MUST be played a specific way, and if I had an FT I wouldn't like the idea of someone booting me just because I actually dared to use Regrants rather than be a heal/buff slave.

Only difference is that, amusingly, I've had to BL morons over this more than once.

Hrith
Oct 1, 2007, 03:33 AM
It's not about what one "MUST" do, or about what I think.

It's about being helpbul to the team. Someone playing a game with other people and not caring about them does not deserve to be in my team, that goes for any job, but even moreso the techers, obviously.

I'm not expecting the FT to heal constantly, but if a teammate is in danger and the FT is ignoring them, they'll get booted (after a while, of course, to make sure the player really sucks).

Your team has priority over your petty ego, if you cannot understand that, you'll never be a decent player, let alone good.

To further up the discussion, using Regrant is fine, spamming it is the mistake, or using it against small monsters, a bit like Tornado Dance.
FTs cornering a Gaozoran with Regrant until it dies is awesome.

It's a question of priority, as long as the FT does not prioritize Regrant over support, they can use it all they want.

It's the difference between a good and a bad FT.
Bad = concentrates on (very low) damage.
Good = concentrates on the team status, all while dealing damage.

But the topic was about how bad Regrant is, not about how bad some FTs are.
I boot Fighgunners for spamming Tornado Dance, or rather, for using it in situations where it was more annoying than useful, I do the same for Fortetechers with Dambarta, I'll do the same for Regrant.

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 03:48 AM
Regrants is an awesome PA. It gives forces a knockback, something they deserve as with their low HP; it may cost HP to cast, but it saves them alot of trouble. plus it forces them to cast resta, they may just be doing for themselves, but wit level 21+ resta, i don't think you'll see any fortefighters in the party complaining.

and in terms of damage, this PA is insanely great. i've been playing true darkness seeing FT's spam it on sendilians and it keeps them down, does 400 damage a hit against four mobs, and allows fighters to get in free hits with complementary resta. what's not to love?

as long as it's not used to unnessesarily blow small animals around the room i see no problem with this PA. and since FT's just got this PA, might as well let them play around and enjoy it so that they know all the uses of what to do and not to do with it. later on it'll become a normal PA with known applications, so stop whining guys.

Kimil
Oct 1, 2007, 03:55 AM

Lol, oooooooooooookay 'den

ThEoRy
Oct 1, 2007, 06:03 AM
On 2007-10-01 01:55, Kimil wrote:

Lol, oooooooooooookay 'den

yes, never heal yourself!

Sasamichan
Oct 1, 2007, 06:12 AM

Same goes for non-techers.

Eleina
Oct 1, 2007, 06:19 AM
On 2007-10-01 04:12, Sasamichan wrote:

Same goes for non-techers.

And how are fF supposed to heal others -_-

Sasamichan
Oct 1, 2007, 06:22 AM
On 2007-10-01 04:19, Eleina wrote:

Star Atomizers. And Sol Atomizers to cure status effects.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-10-01 04:23 ]</font>

relentless
Oct 1, 2007, 06:22 AM

h4x star-atomiser lolzo0rZs (never seen people use it.. at least not constantly xD)

kevington
Oct 1, 2007, 06:23 AM

Star Atomizers

Eleina
Oct 1, 2007, 06:25 AM
Have you guys ever counted how many star atomizers drop during a mission? divide but the number of non techers in a party...well yea you get like one potential heal per fighter <.<

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 06:26 AM
grab stars. aside from trimates and photon chages there's really ntohing cluttering your pallet space. they tend to over flow in techer's inventory and player shops, so it's not hard to grab a few cheap. and i consistantly see a few dropping every mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-10-01 04:28 ]</font>

Eleina
Oct 1, 2007, 06:39 AM
As for regrants in hive using it on pannon/deljabans is just dumb and annoying for fighters who have to run after enemys spread all over the place...
Using iit on sendillan is major ownage however...and is pretty cool on gaos and jusnaguns once you nail them against a wall.
Just adapt to the situation and be party friendly lol (like *cough* debuffs on deljabans)

Edit : I forgot it can also be a great weapon on worms to stop them from moving about underground xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-10-01 04:49 ]</font>

relentless
Oct 1, 2007, 06:44 AM
I use Dambarta / Nosdiga on Pannons and the likes. xD I can't wait for Regrants, I'll only use it against big mobs and enemies who don't fly away too much. <_< I don't use Debuffs but I still try to be party friendly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Resta/Reverser/Giresta spam ahoy. xD

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 1, 2007, 06:54 AM
I just have to say this is an absurd topic, just like all the tornado dance ones back in the day.

People are spamming Regrants, like people spammed tornado dance because it's new
same reason people are spamming every other new PA... they're new!

It'll get to the point that the new cool feeling will wear off, and people will use it correctly, just like those who use tornado dance. Regrants basically sounds like the knockback is identical to tornado dance, and will probably serve as a very good combined damage combo.

Example:
Goshin do not go flying, they just get knocked over. I love using Tornado dance on them, but sometimes, the timing is poor and they get out of the knocked over lock. Well with a Fighgunner using tornado dance and a fortetecher using regrants... it'll die in no time and most likely stay knocked over the entire time.

THE JACKEL

Powder Keg
Oct 1, 2007, 07:22 AM
Way too much complaining about this sort of thing....just play the game and have fun. Some people literally act as if someone is running around with a Spread Needle +99 3/100%. When you're in a really good team, you have to keep up with the party just as much to make sure you're getting exp from every enemy....this is really no different when it comes to hitting enemies. What are you going to say? Stop hitting the enemies so hard? The new Axe PA knocks enemies away too....just deal with it.

Powder Keg
Oct 1, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-10-01 01:33, Hrith wrote:
It's not about what one "MUST" do, or about what I think.

It's about being helpbul to the team. Someone playing a game with other people and not caring about them does not deserve to be in my team, that goes for any job, but even moreso the techers, obviously.

I'm not expecting the FT to heal constantly, but if a teammate is in danger and the FT is ignoring them, they'll get booted (after a while, of course, to make sure the player really sucks).

Your team has priority over your petty ego, if you cannot understand that, you'll never be a decent player, let alone good.

To further up the discussion, using Regrant is fine, spamming it is the mistake, or using it against small monsters, a bit like Tornado Dance.
FTs cornering a Gaozoran with Regrant until it dies is awesome.

It's a question of priority, as long as the FT does not prioritize Regrant over support, they can use it all they want.

It's the difference between a good and a bad FT.
Bad = concentrates on (very low) damage.
Good = concentrates on the team status, all while dealing damage.

But the topic was about how bad Regrant is, not about how bad some FTs are.
I boot Fighgunners for spamming Tornado Dance, or rather, for using it in situations where it was more annoying than useful, I do the same for Fortetechers with Dambarta, I'll do the same for Regrant.

Prime example of caring way too much. You have to realize that everyone is not going to share the same type of philosophy. True ignorance is the unwilling-ness to cope with something different for a change.

Kairi_Li
Oct 1, 2007, 07:36 AM
If it is an issue with other players, just ask the person to kindly refrain from the spaming the PA and explain why. A little communication is all you need. Ranting about it on a forum can only do so much.

I dont agree with booting someone just cause they enjoy spamming, not unless they are doing it on puporse just to solely piss people off and be jackasses. Only boot them if you asked them several tims and they refuse to listen because they're dicks or just plain stupid.

A little communication and mutual understanding and respect can fix all this so called spammage. Don't just rant, DO something about it, as long as its withing reason.

That said, people should try to use their PAs strategically and not just charge in and spam, but I won't go telling people to "quit it or get booted" either, I would probably just advise them.

If in the end you can't get them to join your way of thinking, just don't play with them anymore and stick to your friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-10-01 05:39 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Oct 1, 2007, 08:02 AM

If you can figure out a way to cast resta without healing oneself, let me know! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 09:32 AM
I haven't seen anyone use this PA... I doubt I'd notice between the OMG BIG NUMBERS on Gravity Break (a single-target PA too, knock targets around all you want) and being really quick on the trigger with Anga Jabroga in order to level it up. No techer's not gonna get the chance to regrants if I can help it! Screwing up the party is my job lol.

Kietrinia
Oct 1, 2007, 09:39 AM
Once I get regrants, I'll either use it to corner a mob for my party to beat up on, or use it as a defensive measure when I found myself being smacked by Deljabans from every angle. >.>;

ErtaiClou
Oct 1, 2007, 12:01 PM

FTs can't use regrant without casting resta afterward unless they've been casting themselves dead.FTs are supposed to heal themselves and delete buffs for megistar.

'>.>

RedCoKid
Oct 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
Megistar saves time when rebuffing after you kill yourself with regrant. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ok, I actually did that Saturday night, but my friends were all smiles after I gave them [B] blackbull and dulk fakis cor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-10-01 10:58 ]</font>

desturel
Oct 1, 2007, 03:35 PM
FTs are supposed to heal others, not themselves.

Utter comedy. I buff once. If you run away from my buffs you don't get buffed. If you come back, I'll rebuff the ones you missed. If you are running around like a moron, I will not chase after you to heal. If you stay in a decent range (I do have level 30 resta and reverse do it's not like you have to be on top of me), I will heal you.

Too many 'tards running around like they are kings because there is a techer in the party. F* them. If you boot me because of it, I don't give a damn. If you can't wait for the techer, don't expect the techer to chase you down.

As for that BS about using Regrant on pannon, the same goes for Tornado Dancing badira or Grenades on Ageeta. Anyone can abuse a knock back move.

Oh and if you are one of those people screaming for the techer because you attempted to use BSZ on a Jarba, then be prepared to boot because I'll sit there and laugh at you as you die.

It's hard enough to get levels as a techer when people are killing everything left and right while you try to buff and babysit. I got tired of that crap a while ago. The same people who can't spare a sol atomizer because the techer got frozen when trying to heal them are the same ones who bitch about not being healed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-10-01 13:40 ]</font>

kevington
Oct 1, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-10-01 04:25, Eleina wrote:
Have you guys ever counted how many star atomizers drop during a mission? divide but the number of non techers in a party...well yea you get like one potential heal per fighter <.<

You've gotta love it when someone admonishes other people for not being a team player then explains why it's too hard for themselves to be a team player.

Sasamichan
Oct 1, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-10-01 13:35, desturel wrote:

FTs are supposed to heal others, not themselves.

Utter comedy. I buff once. If you run away from my buffs you don't get buffed. If you come back, I'll rebuff the ones you missed. If you are running around like a moron, I will not chase after you to heal. If you stay in a decent range (I do have level 30 resta and reverse do it's not like you have to be on top of me), I will heal you.

Too many 'tards running around like they are kings because there is a techer in the party. F* them. If you boot me because of it, I don't give a damn. If you can't wait for the techer, don't expect the techer to chase you down.

As for that BS about using Regrant on pannon, the same goes for Tornado Dancing badira or Grenades on Ageeta. Anyone can abuse a knock back move.

Oh and if you are one of those people screaming for the techer because you attempted to use BSZ on a Jarba, then be prepared to boot because I'll sit there and laugh at you as you die.

It's hard enough to get levels as a techer when people are killing everything left and right while you try to buff and babysit. I got tired of that crap a while ago. The same people who can't spare a sol atomizer because the techer got frozen when trying to heal them are the same ones who bitch about not being healed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-10-01 13:40 ]</font>

QFT.

Menochi
Oct 1, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-10-01 06:02, RedCoKid wrote:
If you can figure out a way to cast resta without healing oneself, let me know! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Die midcast with resta. You'll be on the gorund when resta shines all around.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 05:39 PM
cant wait for lvl 40 resta + buffs; so then i can reach ppl from across the screen....
since i MUST buff on a madoog or wand, and i dont plan on selling my me / quick, no way i can miss! bwhahaah!

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-10-01 15:17, Menochi wrote:

Die midcast with resta. You'll be on the gorund when resta shines all around.

well its too late then....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coffin.gif

Powder Keg
Oct 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
You can only cast resta just as you die, so that it hits your party members but not you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Oct 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
If you run away from my buffs you don't get buffed.

Please tell me when you are buffing. I am not psychic. I do not know when you are going to buff. I will try my best to estimate, but it isn't always easy.

Anyone can abuse a knock back move.

Not fortefighters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I want a tornado dance of my own...

It's hard enough to get levels as a techer when people are killing everything left and right while you try to buff and babysit.

Hunters appreciate a good well placed Zalure, and it has a lovely range.

The same people who can't spare a sol atomizer because the techer got frozen when trying to heal them are the same ones who bitch about not being healed.

Bah, I need to get these into my palette in a workable manner. I have them right below my star atomizers, but that's still too low to get to quickly. Maybe if I switch stars and sols...?

What was my point again?

Sasamichan
Oct 2, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-10-01 18:55, Zorafim wrote:

Please tell me when you are buffing. I am not psychic. I do not know when you are going to buff. I will try my best to estimate, but it isn't always easy.

You failed to read the entire post. Its not hard not to know when they buff. I bet you are one of those n00bs that run around like an idiot.

Hrith
Oct 2, 2007, 07:07 AM
On 2007-10-01 04:22, Sasamichan wrote:
Star Atomizers. And Sol Atomizers to cure status effects.Is that weak and irrelevant argument how you try paliate your lack of skill at being a good FT?

On 2007-10-01 05:25, Artea wrote:
Prime example of caring way too much. You have to realize that everyone is not going to share the same type of philosophy. True ignorance is the unwilling-ness to cope with something different for a change.I do not cope with mediocrity, no.

You are trying to make is sound as if what I am suggesting is a hard thing to do, yet most of the FTs I play with are definitely 'good' FTs, by my standards, so it must not be that hard to achieve >_>

If I was indeed asking too much, there would not be so many FTs that I consider good.

It's the very reason that there actually are good FTs that I can boot bad ones -- there cannot be good or bad without an element of comparison, I'm not a dictator http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

If you can figure out a way to cast resta without healing oneself, let me know! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Utter comedy. I buff once. If you run away from my buffs you don't get buffed. If you come back, I'll rebuff the ones you missed. If you are running around like a moron, I will not chase after you to heal. If you stay in a decent range (I do have level 30 resta and reverse do it's not like you have to be on top of me), I will heal you.I agree with that, but like all concepts, it's only true to some extent.

If a player with low HP is expecting you to cross the room to heal them (especially considering the range of Resta), well, where are their trimates?

But if a player is paralysed, for instance, you ought to run to them and Reverser + Resta them.

As for that BS about using Regrant on pannon, the same goes for Tornado Dancing badira or Grenades on Ageeta. Anyone can abuse a knock back move.Well, I've always said that >_>
Just because anyone can do it does not mean it's ok, though.

Oh and if you are one of those people screaming for the techer because you attempted to use BSZ on a Jarba, then be prepared to boot because I'll sit there and laugh at you as you die.I have no idea how you could come up with such a conclusion.

If I am one to expect my teammates to be good, it's because I am good myself. I am not one to expect of others what I am not capable myself =/

If I fail at being a good teammate, I usually apologize.

It's hard enough to get levels as a techer when people are killing everything left and right while you try to buff and babysit. I got tired of that crap a while ago. The same people who can't spare a sol atomizer because the techer got frozen when trying to heal them are the same ones who bitch about not being healed.That's what I said in the post you surely did not read (between this one and the one you quoted). Being mindful of the status of your team applies to all classes, just even moreso the techers.

There is only one situation where I expect the FT to heal me constantly it's when I am fighting a Lv120 Dulk Fakis with my Fortefighter. As a meleer, Dulk Fakis deals approximately 1000 damage to me per second (34% dark Crimson Line + Mega / Rainbow), I cannot hope to keep up with that.
Seeing as I deal 3-4 times the damage of a Fortetecher, it's only good gameplay, anyway.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 2, 2007, 08:26 AM
I get a little irritated by forces at a few points in time
1) Some forces make it a point not to heal Nano-blasted beast. Hell, I nano-blasted to do more damage and help the team, I don't die that fast because I'm usually cautious, a heal or two would be nice.
2) When I run over to the force to get healed, sit there shooting enemies literally standing next to them, and they still don't heal me. I got low on health, I ran out of harm so as not to die, and I'm standing next to you. A heal would be nice then.
3) Everything must stop for buffs. I'm sorry, if I'm already fighting monsters don't expect me to run back to you just because you're stubborn. I've never understood this because buffs have a pretty good range at 21+. Get in the middle of that group of enemies, debuff first if you want that exp, then buff everyone. I tend to think they want everyone running over to them and not killing enemies because they want exp for themselves. Sorry but, a few exp here or there won't kill you.

that's about my only complaints about FT. Typically they're pretty good, but sometimes they just get outright nasty. Believe it or not, part of your job is to heal and buff people.
I play a figh, I know my role. Once AoI comes out, it'll involve more SE applying than it does now, but I'm already the type to use my twin mayalee to debuff those high DFP enemies so everyone does more damage.

I still think the main problem is people being greedy for exp. Because, when you get in a party of all max level people, they just focus on an enemy at a time and work together better. But when trying to get exp, people make sure to hit all enemies first, which causes melee fighters to run around, rangers to not care about SE just about hitting them all, and forces to not heal or buff when needed.

THE JACKEL

RedCoKid
Oct 2, 2007, 08:29 AM

If I were there, it'd be shortly after the old buffs begin to disappear. If the party is bunched together, I will start even in the midst of combat. If they're spread out, I'll wait until the mob is gone.

On 2007-10-02 05:07, Hrith wrote:
There is only one situation where I expect the FT to heal me constantly it's when I am fighting a Lv120 Dulk Fakis with my Fortefighter. As a meleer, Dulk Fakis deals approximately 1000 damage to me per second (34% dark Crimson Line + Mega / Rainbow), I cannot hope to keep up with that.
Seeing as I deal 3-4 times the damage of a Fortetecher, it's only good gameplay, anyway.

Healing during boss battles is tough. Frankly, the arenas are too large, and everyone will be too spread out to make it feasible. If I attempt to do that (and to this day I still haven't learned my lesson), either the FF/FG or I will die by the time I've spent 5-10s running to get within range. Remember, 1000 damage for you is >1500 damage + instant death on a FT. I suggest you let the FT heal during the mission, whereas you should count on using your trimates during the boss.

Rashiid
Oct 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
my buffing stratigy (i kno i spelt that wrong...)

1) of coarse; at the beginning; its a gather buff. its the start; comon.
2) after that; i buff when they start to wear off. (even during the fight; may use a gi-spell to tag tho)

special situations

1 enemy left; everyones running thru tha nexx door; i buff. when you see 1/2 the team randomly get Shifta; its a clue that im buffing, duh.

dont keep running then say 'buff me buff me' when clearly i just buffed the party.

i give 3 chances (casts). if you still avoid me while bufffing, then skrew it.

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 08:49 AM

I have a shortcut that says "BUFFS!" F3 in fact. For a while I had my face pop up with it, but I found it annoying. Also since I'm on Xbox, I tell people when I'm buffing and they still run off. If you ignore that, it's your own fault.

Anyone can abuse a knock back move.

Not fortefighters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I want a tornado dance of my own...

Anga Jabroga knocks back. It just has hella slow start up. Normally I'm holding the Carriguine in place with regrant while my friend charges up Jabroga so it all works out. He does, however, Jabroga polty as well. Mainly because he's trying to level it up. The speed of the move makes it so it's not annoying.

It's hard enough to get levels as a techer when people are killing everything left and right while you try to buff and babysit.

Hunters appreciate a good well placed Zalure, and it has a lovely range.

All buffs and debuffs are at 30. Got another strawman?

The same people who can't spare a sol atomizer because the techer got frozen when trying to heal them are the same ones who bitch about not being healed.

Bah, I need to get these into my palette in a workable manner. I have them right below my star atomizers, but that's still too low to get to quickly. Maybe if I switch stars and sols...?

Funny that you should make that point when you KNOW that 90% of PSU players do not use SOL even when the person right next to them is frozen. In fact I see far to many groups of people who don't even pick up SOL or Antimate when they are dropped in mission. WTF people. Pick up the antimate. Stop the burn. Get rid of the jellen when you are hit. Unfreeze that frozen gunner standing right next to you.

Heck, I have gi-resta equipped, but that doesn't mean I don't use moon and moon x.

dimate
sol atomizer
star atomizer
moon atomizer
monomate
photon charge

I don't have trimates on pallet as dimate and monomate are emergency "I don't have time for resta" items and are good enough 90% of the time. Trimates normally gets dumped off to my FF friend who has a tendency to run around. He knows I don't chase him unless he's stunned/frozen so he heals himself.

What was my point again?

Don't know. What is your point?

CelestialBlade
Oct 2, 2007, 08:58 AM
I bet a lot of these Fortetecher problems would go away if the ways in which you received EXP were improved. I liked how this was done in Guild Wars, you did not even have to touch an enemy to receive EXP as a healer. As long as you were within their range and you were throwing out heals, you got EXP for the kills the fighters made. I'd love to see that implemented into PSU, though I know it'd never happen. Then everyone wouldn't be concerned about having to tag everything before they can heal.

Though honestly, I really can't blame the taggers too much. I've played a Fortefighter and I'm building a Fortetecher, so I've been on both sides of the fence. I used to not like fTs much, but I now have a newfound respect for them and the choices they have to make. Keep the party at 100% health at all times, plus keep them buffed, and never gain any EXP....or get in a quick Gidiga to tag everything and then focus on support? The cards are stacked against the pure-support fT because of game design, not necessarily because of selfishness.

The fact that debuffs tag is great, I just wish there was a way you could "tag" an enemy someone else is fighting if you simply heal/buff them. Then you'd see a LOT more supportive fTs.

RedCoKid
Oct 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
On 2007-10-02 06:49, desturel wrote:
I have a shortcut that says "BUFFS!" F3 in fact. For a while I had my face pop up with it, but I found it annoying.
I have one, too...

|
V

F-Gattaca
Oct 2, 2007, 09:23 AM
I bet a lot of these Fortetecher problems would go away if the ways in which you received EXP were improved. I liked how this was done in Guild Wars, you did not even have to touch an enemy to receive EXP as a healer. As long as you were within their range and you were throwing out heals, you got EXP for the kills the fighters made. I'd love to see that implemented into PSU, though I know it'd never happen. Then everyone wouldn't be concerned about having to tag everything before they can heal.

Armada Online does it this way too; you need only be in the vicinity of dying Armada to recieve experience. It can work against you though; if you're commanding a ship that can deploy or summon smaller craft, you won't get experience if they kill something that's too far away from you.

We might not have that in PSU, but at least techers can tag with debuffs; I was delighted to find this out. My wartecher Aragan actually leveled pretty quick in HSM with friends by spamming "AGI Down." Heh heh.

On 2007-10-02 07:07, RedCoKid wrote:

On 2007-10-02 06:49, desturel wrote:
I have a shortcut that says "BUFFS!" F3 in fact. For a while I had my face pop up with it, but I found it annoying.
I have one, too...

... All this time I thought you were asking people to strip down to their undies!

(I'm an old-style CAST! These are my undies!)

RedCoKid
Oct 2, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-10-02 07:23, F-Gattaca wrote:
... All this time I thought you were asking people to strip down to their undies!

(I'm an old-style CAST! These are my undies!)

WHA...!? How could I ever suggest such a thing? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-10-02 05:07, Hrith wrote:

FYI for you non techers out there. Fakis tends to hand out one hit KOs to Techers with less than 50% dark armor. Sitting next to a Fortefighter casting resta is NOT an option unless said fortefighter is handing out free scape dolls to their techer.

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-10-02 06:58, Typheros wrote:
The fact that debuffs tag is great, I just wish there was a way you could "tag" an enemy someone else is fighting if you simply heal/buff them. Then you'd see a LOT more supportive fTs.

Debuffs don't always stick especially on shielded enemies. I carry a handgun. Penetrating hit is very useful at tagging enemies if you have the room for that PA. That and handgun bullets having SE3, being quicker for tagging than cards, and having an almost unlimited supply of PP make them useful.

Barta is also a great tagging tool for creatures outside of your debuff range.

My tagging setup is:
Handgun w/ Penetrating hit or burning hit
Lidra w/ barta and Zalure

My alternate setup is a granarodoc with all debuffs and resta, but is only good for maps where you aren't going to run into a bunch of shielded enemies that aren't going to resist your debuff for 5+ attempts.

Hrith
Oct 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-10-02 08:13, desturel wrote:
FYI for you non techers out there. Fakis tends to hand out one hit KOs to Techers with less than 50% dark armor. Sitting next to a Fortefighter casting resta is NOT an option unless said fortefighter is handing out free scape dolls to their techer.Like I said, if some FTs can do it, so can you.

I know Dulk Fakis can kill FTs instantly in various ways, but thanks to the range of Resta, you can heal me from a safe distance.

I have stopped playing that mission as Fortefighter, anyway, Fortegunner has twice the DPS on the boss (and still faster during the mission), plus I barely get hit, solving two problems in once go >_>

Neith
Oct 2, 2007, 12:54 PM
Resta Level 21+ (which you really should have at Lv85+, unless you just changed class to a techer) has large reach- you shouldn't need to go too near the fighters to heal them.

When fT's don't even heal on a Lv120 Fakis, they're not providing any service to the party. What damage a techer can do to Fakis, a fighter can hit a lot faster/harder. Gravity Break when he's upside down hits for thousands, and hits both his face and midsection- co-incidentally Fakis' two weak spots.

As I've said, I don't mind techers using Regrants, and I could really care less about being healed 99% of time, but on a fight like Fakis, when he can kill you so easily, it's better to be healed. Remember that although fT's will get OHKO'd, they generally 1) won't be near Fakis to take most of his Hunter-killing attacks, and 2) You do have Resta, providing you with many heals. As a fighter, I'm limited to how much I can heal, before I have to start playing extrememly carefully.

And yes, before anyone asks, I've done Fakis as a Techer. Not in S2, but S with lower level players has the same effect. It doesn't matter what you do as a fT on Fakis; unless you're packing 50% Dark armour, you're probably going to die anyway.

I even had a techer earlier who stood at the edge of Fakis' arena for most of the battle. Didn't buff, and didn't heal unless he was on low HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

OldCoot
Oct 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
I know I will be using this because this new tech is very useful. Hitting one big target in one thing, but hitting 5 targets? I had to watch my HP while using it when too many targets were within range. But this tech is the answer to some of those annoying targets in the Hive.

The big downside is how bright the tech is and this can really give you a headache after a while.

Aralia
Oct 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
Ok.. so am I the only one who's seen a real good strategy for using regrant?

Situation:
Lots of mobs that hit hard and the party is having issues.
Solution:
Use Regrant to create a safe zone, healing with mates or resta periodically to keep the mobs off the group. techers and rangers stick together while the fighters venture out a little bit to pick apart the KB'd enemies...

Just about ANY other use is using it irresponsibly. Seeing as how a stray spell or a lunge attack could strike you down if it hits right.
There's always danger involving this spell... but minimizing it is the best way to take advantage of this purely clerical spell. (basically think of this as a giant shield that takes HP to use.)

PJ
Oct 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
With my group of friends, I cast Shifta, not even on anyone in particular, so that they get the hint that I'm buffing. Then they come back and get buffed.

Although, that happens very rarely. Cause I usually buff them in the middle of the battle.

And I'm sure there are more bad FTs then good when my Resta outlevels a LOT of Fortetechers 20+ levels above me. My Resta is 24 at level 53 using no cheap tricks, btw.

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-10-02 10:54, UrikoBB3 wrote:
And yes, before anyone asks, I've done Fakis as a Techer. Not in S2, but S with lower level players has the same effect. It doesn't matter what you do as a fT on Fakis; unless you're packing 50% Dark armour, you're probably going to die anyway.

You can actually survive a good number of things with less than 50% armor. The main FT killer (and everyone killer) is the spikes off of the back of Fakis. The spike that fall down and explode like Rafoie OHKO me almost every time and the times when it doesn't one shot me it gets me on the second go round.

These spikes in question normally occur when Fakis is wrapping himself around the fF's (and gunners that are up close) like a snake coiling around it's prey. Many times, the only way to heal people in that situation is to be inside of the coil (not a good place for a fT to be) or just outside of the coil (you can get hit by the buzzsaw motion) plus Fakis does fire his spikes outside of the coil as well.

IF you are paying attention and see the spikes coming off of the back, you can dodge them and get in time to heal the party inside. Or if you are inside, you can hope that he's firing the spikes outside and keep people healed.

If you are the one being shot at, you can run to dodge the spikes, but if you stop to cast resta you are as good as dead. You can pop a dimate/trimate while running and after the explosions are done, you can cast resta.

Almost anything else that Fakis does, short of getting stunned right before the meteor attack, can be healed even with low percentage armor.

Now this is coming from the POV of a neuman male fT. I've also run with a beast fT who got KO'ed more often than I did. He tried to resta himself instead of using di/trimate and died in mid cast more often than I care to remember.

Another boss that likes to one hit kill is Magahna. He's even worse for the "fortetechers need to heal fortefighters". His arm span is further than resta by a good amount, plus he is fast and requires a good percentage lightning armor (teroline would be good, except no head slot). If you anywhere in resta range of the fighter, you are liable to get hit by the ground pound+stun followed by sword dash combo. I've seen a fF survive that combo. I have yet to see a techer, even with good percentages, survive that one on S2.

Oh and another thing about fortefighters. LEARN HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DAMN ARMOR. I'm sick of seeing people wearing Sori-senba to De Ragan because it's the only A-rank armor they own for their giga-skill, mega/rainbow (yes, rainbow+sori on Ragan) and puyoment aura. Buy a gigaline if you can't afford anything better. Do without the giga-skill/HPC and stop getting yourselves killed for no good reason.

Gunners aren't much better when they only have that 10% lightning Phantomline and refuse to change it for any reason (even when they are using killer shot with a Brahoh!). But at least gunners are out of the way most of the time and easy to get to and heal.

*edit*

You know what, I should add in another boss that I don't even attempt to come into resta range for the fF for. Ragnus. His effective techer kill range is the lenght of his tail. His stomp reaches the length of his tail. His tail whip (of course) does as well. Those are two techer killers on S2. This also happens to be around the max range of resta. Not to mention that the fF prefer to stay around the neck area of Ragnus while fT prefer to be behind the tail (bow/diga work about as well on the tail as they do the head). fG prefers to be around the side to hit the wings or the ice head. That's a pretty big spread to try to run across for a resta to the fF. Now if you are in power beast form, I'll stay near you, but if I see that Ragnus is starting to do his stomp attack, I'm heading for the hills as quickly as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-10-02 13:13 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 2, 2007, 03:47 PM
I like this guys over generalizing and jumping to massive conclusions about an entire class and/or people he's never played with.

We should keep him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Oct 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
As long as he does not question my Fighgunner's gender... >_>

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-10-02 13:47, PJ wrote:
I like this guys over generalizing and jumping to massive conclusions about an entire class and/or people he's never played with.

Like saying Fortetechers don't heal and spam regrant like fighgunners spam tornado dance? I believe all is even on the generalizations and jumping to conclusions.

ThEoRy
Oct 2, 2007, 08:49 PM
Just thought I'd pop back in and say how extremely useful Regrant is VS Svaltus.
Sure it does crap damage light vs light, but thats the beauty of it all.
The HP drain is barely even noticeable while stun locking those bastards till their doom.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ErtaiClou
Oct 2, 2007, 09:19 PM
^*Is off to go try that*