PDA

View Full Version : wartechers and Shadoogs...

Bitey
Sep 30, 2007, 11:29 AM
So I had thought that I had my palate planned out for my Female Newman Wartecher when AoI arrives for the English servers, but with the bustling talk this morning on these boards about Shadoogs I have learned something that put a hold on my plans.

The damage of Shadoogs is based off from TP, not ATP.

This changes a lot for Wartechers, specifically because out of all of the classes that can use Shadoogs, Wartechers have the highest TP modifier almost beating second place by double...

I was gonna skip Shadoogs on my Wartecher when I first learned that they received them, but now considering that Wartechers can use them the most efficiently over all other classes, it is sort of disrespectful to the developers for me to not take advantage of this first ever strength for Wartechers that no other class shares; kind of like that gift that you never thought you wanted but is still pretty good.

There are too many new things coming out for me to adjust... How is everyone else planning on fitting Shadoogs on to their palate?

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
wait a minute... Wartechers will have more TP than Acrotechers? ...

I also think the Shadoog idea is ALWAYS going to be better for Newmans... Newmans have more ATA and TP than humans ever will, doesn't matter what class, they all get hybrid bonus'. A weapon that uses TP for damage and ATA to land hits... Obviously, ANY newman in the hands of a shadoog is better than any other race.

Bitey
Sep 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
wait a minute... Wartechers will have more TP than Acrotechers? ...

I conveniently forgot that Acrotechers got Shadoogs at the same time as Wartechers. Meh... Another reason for Newmans to go Acrotecher over Wartecher... Oh well, I had my morning fun.

Kelvie
Sep 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
Shadoogs depends on TP ? Are you sure of that ? O_o

I thought that it was the "mag-like device thingie" for fighter/gunners classes. Oô
Well, not that I complain hey, I love my Wartecher.

Menochi
Sep 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
Shadoog depends on TP. Its bullets depend on TP.

Genoa
Sep 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
I also hear that it's not interchangeable bullets, that it's built like a melee weapon, element must be created with weapon?

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2007, 04:43 PM
In any case, it seems like both aT and WT will be pretty good with them. Looks like I'll be using them as both classes after all.

pikachief
Sep 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-09-30 14:43, Dragwind wrote:
In any case, it seems like both aT and WT will be pretty good with them. Looks like I'll be using them as both classes after all.

so my beast will be weak with them? grrr oh well i was only gonna use then to killer shot, stun and burn anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, this means that Newmans are awesome with them, and since there are non-Force classes that can use them, TP is useful in lots of classes now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragwind
Sep 30, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah it's comforting to know TP has another use now, woot.

pokefiend
Sep 30, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-09-30 09:47, Bitey wrote:Meh... Another reason for Newmans to go Acrotecher over Wartecher... Oh well, I had my morning fun.

On the Contrary. Wartechers engage mods more frequently and are naturally much better strikers than Acrotechers. Therefore WT finds more uses for shadoogs. Also I doubt there's too much of a difference between the TP of WTs and ATs.

Theoderic
Sep 30, 2007, 05:35 PM
Wartechers get Shadoogs instead of Madoogs? I thought they had the little casting thing in the left, and could finally melee alongside casting techs... Do they get both? I'm confused now...

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2007, 05:37 PM
Wartehers can use both Madoogs AND Shadoogs.

BanF
Sep 30, 2007, 05:37 PM
Wartechers get both.

I for one will be using Madoogs, not Shadoogs.

pokefiend
Sep 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-09-30 15:37, BanF wrote:
Wartechers get both.

I for one will be using Madoogs, not Shadoogs.

And I will be doing both ^________^

Bitey
Sep 30, 2007, 06:20 PM
And I will be doing both ^________^

and I will be using both as well, but adding an extra weapon to my palate just reintroduces the original palate problems that Wartechers already had and Madoogs were supposed to fix...

Theoderic
Sep 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
Maybe the TP affecting the Shadoog is to help in balancing the class/race combo issues. Human Acrofighters may be the best, if using a Shadoog/Slicer combo. I believe ST places the most emphasis on certain races being certain classes. Look at Killer Elite being Cast Fortegunner only. Things like that. I guess more of an incentive to have things a certain way, and also to allow for unique combos. Newman Wartecher gets Shadoog and Wand now, so being able to cast techniques while having a TP based attack randomly go off is similar to spamming Skill PAs. Interesting... I guess it opens up a new avenue of gameplay for Wartecher.

Twin Dagger
Shadoog/Dagger
Madoog/Dagger
Madoog/Wand
Shadoog/Wand
Bow

Something along those lines, eh? Could handle any situation with Just Attack and Just Counter performed correctly.

pikachief
Sep 30, 2007, 08:35 PM
do AT get both?

pokefiend
Sep 30, 2007, 09:18 PM
indeed, they do, as well as Guntecher (ironically Gt gets S rank Shadoogs)

LTrav2k
Sep 30, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yep, I'm very excited about this and can't wait to make full use of the Shadoogs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PALRAPPYS
Sep 30, 2007, 10:01 PM
Shadoogs don't interest me.

Unless their rate of fire is increased from what it was in the beta, I'd sure rather use a madoog or pistol in their place.

pikachief
Sep 30, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-09-30 20:01, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Unless their rate of fire is increased from what it was in the beta, I'd sure rather use a madoog or pistol in their place.

i liked shadoogs cuz u dont even notice they're there! Its jsut like while your attacking tis like "oh look the enemy is stunned! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif goodie! ^.^"

they're just little support status effectors for u to use while your attacking with your striking weapon

also yes i knew my guntecher would be sporting an S rank shadoog soon actually ^.^

PALRAPPYS
Sep 30, 2007, 10:17 PM
On 2007-09-30 20:05, pikachief wrote:

i liked shadoogs cuz u dont even notice they're there! Its jsut like while your attacking tis like "oh look the enemy is stunned! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif goodie! ^.^"

they're just little support status effectors for u to use while your attacking with your striking weapon

also yes i knew my guntecher would be sporting an S rank shadoog soon actually ^.^

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I see. It does make a little more sense now by your... um, demonstration? Whatever I see the uses now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I still doubt I'll use one though due to palette space.

LTrav2k
Oct 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-09-30 20:05, pikachief wrote:

lol or even better yet, while you're slashing away... "oh look, they died... earlier than expected... ah well! =)"

I wonder what the percentage will really be like for the dark shadoogs.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
shadoogs will be nice cause it do extra damage while you arnt even paying attention.

like a boss fight; your unleashing a single handed weapon combo; tha hells a pistol gonna do? just sit there?

throw some extra powa!!

Reipard
Oct 1, 2007, 01:14 PM
It'd be nice to have SOME range, but I like having my spells available more.

Maybe on another char.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
that can't be right. Shadoogs are a ranger weapon, so why would WTs get them?

ATs, I can understand (Ranger 3 Force 5 pre-req)

beatrixkiddo
Oct 1, 2007, 01:27 PM
It IS right, since I'm using one right now as a WT.

Niloklives
Oct 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
shadogs are a AF weapon...that is...thats what they were originally intended for. that said its not completely out there for hunter relater classes to fet them, though i think its odd that they became so widely accessible

beatrixkiddo
Oct 1, 2007, 01:53 PM
Only fortefighter, fortetecher, and protranser do not have access to Shadoogs.

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 02:03 PM
eh... if Shadoog damage is based on TP I don't much care who gets 'em.

In terms of the classes left out... Fortefighter isn't supposed to have access to high-level SE, Protranser isn't supposed to have access to mobile firepower, and Fortetecher would deal ridiculous direct damage.

Kimil
Oct 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
Beast WT, AoI Palette:

Wand (Giresta/Regrant) - Shadoog
Wand (Megistar/Ramegid) - Madoog (Foie/Gizonde)
Dagger - Madoog (Resta/Reverser)
Dagger - Card
Twin Dagger
Spear or Bow

(Sori/Force as my TP booster, makes up a lil bit for my Racial TP)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-10-01 12:28 ]</font>

Kion
Oct 1, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-09-30 18:06, Theoderic wrote:

Twin Dagger
Shadoog/Dagger
Madoog/Dagger
Madoog/Wand
Shadoog/Wand
Bow

Something along those lines, eh? Could handle any situation with Just Attack and Just Counter performed correctly.

^ is exactly why we should be getting more pallete space. nice set up, but i really want to add a sword, spear, and twin claws somewhere in there with out having to open up my inventory every 30 seconds.

but more on topic. i don't care too much that WT is getting shadoogs, but it seems to fit for left handed ranged damge for a class that could really use it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-10-01 12:30 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
If you're a WT, then I'd deffinately make room for a shadoong. It will allow you to hit enemies better with ranged spells, something you couldn't do as well with a simple handgun.