PDA

View Full Version : "Overwrite Game Data" while attempting to go online? WTH?

Clunker
Sep 30, 2007, 02:46 PM
Well, just tried to log on - and noticed that the server in charge of passwords was down. Luckily, I recalled my playsega password, and logged in.

Problem - as I attempt to log in, it asked "Do you want to overwrite Game Data on the memory card... Y/N?"

First time, I said NO - and checked out a little used Alt that I use as a Shopkeeper. Fine, everything good.

But as I attempt to relog to access my main, a 78th lvl Cast Fortegunner, it repeats the question.

Now, I know there was an update this week, and I did dload that, but why would it ask if I want to overwrite the Game Data?

I *had* restarted the offline E.Waber storyline this morn, as I'd never gotten through it all, and ONline was out...

during the first chapter, I attempted to save, and somehow I gave the game the impression I wanted to delete all previous Storymode saves... I think. I sorta skipped past the save prompt info, thinking it was the same old prompts, then suddenly, I had 4 blank saves for Storymode.

Would anything I do/have done in Storymode affect the ONline data?

Also, what would happen if I did tell it to Overwrite the Game Data?
(The prompt comes up each time I attempt to go online)

It sounds like it's asking me to "Blank" my online game data or something... and I really don't want to delete my Main!!

HAALP!!!

Shadow_Wing
Sep 30, 2007, 03:02 PM
That's the prompt to auto save ur password, so that u don't have to put it in again.

Clunker
Sep 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
WHEW! Went to lunch after I'd posted, to think it over. It did occur to me that may well be the case. However, it is surely good to know that it is definately the case!

Thx Shadow_Wing!

Chibi_psu
Oct 1, 2007, 06:27 AM
The game data its just offline saves and online patches.Dont worry it wont delete your char cause it save on the server not on the ps2 memory card

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2007-10-01 04:28 ]</font>