PDA

View Full Version : Expantion Price?

buzyb77
Sep 30, 2007, 06:39 PM
I was wondering what is the MSRP for the Expantion From thos who bought it From the Importers- Shipping and handling btw is US prices also What was the Cost of the Starter PSU from same Source

I have seen that PSU expantion atm is Priced @ 40$ US For the PC and PS2

But

Xbox 360 DLC price is ? I have not Seen how much this will be.....

Soulvayne
Sep 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
its about 3200 ms points as its 80 ms points per dollar. If they are charging 40 for the 360 version.

buzyb77
Sep 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
I think it will be a "real" price as we are not allowed to Pay in M$ points for the monthly also... We (all gamers) were told that putting something on Live for Download would be "cheaper" for the Publishers and thus "cheaper" for us to buy... I am thinking that If M$ is telling the Truth...... that the Expantion will Cost 20$ to 30$ us dollars for the Download as there will be NO disk For the 360...if its $40 us (same as est Price...) it would be a totla RIP...

landman
Sep 30, 2007, 07:15 PM
SEGA hasn't announced any price of release date yet

buzyb77
Sep 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
Their in No offical Word on Street Date or price For any Version of the Expantion except the JP PS2/PC titles....Sigh gut there is a tenative Date

Nov 20th Said By a GM and apoligized for as well as OXM Nov issue Page 34 which has the same date..

http://forums.xbox.com/15838816/ShowPost.aspx

My Questions to the Author are in that link...

Also It says that he has had "hands on the expantion" but he does not say Which version and their is really no way to tell...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzyb77 on 2007-09-30 17:24 ]</font>

Indica
Sep 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'll pay any amount I see it at

buzyb77
Sep 30, 2007, 09:47 PM
Was re reading Some Stuff and I Found out that The FFXI expantion ALso is expected to Be Nov 20th.... um this could be Bad...

omegapirate2k
Sep 30, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'm guessing the download will be slightly less for 360 than it would be to purchase the disk for PC/PS2, due to the material cost of making the disk/shipping and whatnot.

Otis_Kat
Sep 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-09-30 19:47, buzyb77 wrote:
Was re reading Some Stuff and I Found out that The FFXI expantion ALso is expected to Be Nov 20th.... um this could be Bad...

You grossly overestimate the number of people that play both PSU and FFXI on the 360. FFXI is too much of a time sink to waste time with other online games so I don't expect much of an impact.

buzyb77
Sep 30, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-09-30 20:13, Otis_Kat wrote:

On 2007-09-30 19:47, buzyb77 wrote:

You grossly overestimate the number of people that play both PSU and FFXI on the 360. FFXI is too much of a time sink to waste time with other online games so I don't expect much of an impact.

Sorry about the PM did not meat too...

Anyway The PC/PS2 versions are Expexted to Ship at about the Same time and so that why I mentioned it.

As Far as FFXI being a Time sink yes your correct but What about those players that Played it along time ago and Stopped when they got really High also the Fact that they were waithing on the Expantion.

oh and as Far as the Numbers go on player For the 360 that play PSU and/or FFXI I expect Low numbers...

But I Just thought of Something...I wonder If Halo3 sales Numbers will catch up to WOW.. if so I'd think that would be funny.

A2K
Oct 1, 2007, 02:11 AM
None of that, of course, is particularly relevant to the topic at hand.

I can't see the Xbox 360 version of the game costing more than Shivering Isles did, i.e. 2400 points ($30).

Weeaboolits
Oct 1, 2007, 02:27 AM
I'd assume that it'd cost the same as the first did.

Raine_Loire
Oct 1, 2007, 02:48 AM
I know it's a small, irrelevant thing, but buzyb77, the word is spelled expansion.

Also, is AoI an expansion or is it a stand alone game? from everything I have seen about it, I thought they had made it more of a stand alone, like ver. 2 for the DC... I mean, for shivering isles, you had to own the original game to use it, so it wouldn't make sense to charge a full game price, but if you don't have to own a copy of the original psu, then I'd think they'll be charging more... And didn't the original 360 version cost more than the pc/ps2 game? Because when they say it'l be "cheaper" maybe they aren't saying "relative to the pc/ps2 game."

Soulvayne
Oct 1, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-09-30 17:05, buzyb77 wrote:
I think it will be a "real" price as we are not allowed to Pay in M$ points for the monthly also... We (all gamers) were told that putting something on Live for Download would be "cheaper" for the Publishers and thus "cheaper" for us to buy... I am thinking that If M$ is telling the Truth...... that the Expantion will Cost 20$ to 30$ us dollars for the Download as there will be NO disk For the 360...if its $40 us (same as est Price...) it would be a totla RIP...

I doubt it will be a real price as Shivering Isles (the closest thing AoI is marketplace wise) was 2400 MS points, $30.00 also the same cost as the PC edition of the expansion. Not being able to pay ms points for a recurring bill is not the same as paying a one time fee for a game addon which is what AoI seems to be.

I don't even know where you are getting this "if they are telling the truth it will be cheaper because the publisher will pass on the savings to us" information, the online download is actually a much easier format and by downloading we are generally skipping out on paying sales tax on the item, which would make it cheaper than the retail version of the game people will have to buy. The Extra game pack that came out for GRAW was a complete rip off in which we really didn't gain anything new besides a few maps and a couple co-op missions.

If this is a stand alone game; (I really dont' know how its going to work for those people that play offline only seeing as you'd have to download the game, unless you can dl to a memory card or go to a friends house with your hard drive.) I don't think the 40.00 price tag is going to be that big a deal to most people. Anyone that's played an MMO knows there generally is an expansion cycle every year to 18 months in which a new bit of content is released and the subscriber has to shell out more money to enjoy it.

A2K
Oct 1, 2007, 03:21 AM
The PC and PS2 versions of the game are definitely stand alone, but we really don't have any idea how the 360 version will work at all at this point.

Soulvayne
Oct 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
I'm hoping the 360 version is stand alone, but I see it hurting those players that can't go online and download the game due to not having a broadband connection. I wonder if they might come out with some form of disc for those people but oh well I can't wait for the expansion and its new content.