PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy's Baldur's Gate 2 Journal

DizzyDi
Sep 30, 2007, 10:22 PM
Well I'm pretty far into the game so I'll just keep yous guys updated on my recent journeys.

-Got killed by a fucking Lich inside of a random inn in Athlakta or whatever that town is called. It frickin stopped time and whooped my ass. WHAT THE HELL? ZA WARUDO!

Sord
Sep 30, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-09-30 20:22, DizzyDi wrote:
-Got killed by a fucking Lich inside of a random inn in Athlakta or whatever that town is called. It frickin stopped time and whooped my ass. WHAT THE HELL? WHERE IS WALDO?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-09-30 20:25 ]</font>

astuarlen
Sep 30, 2007, 10:53 PM
Timestop fucking sucks.

I have to say Baldur's Gate II was the most reloadalicious game I've ever played.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 30, 2007, 11:06 PM
DizzyDi journal 2,

got killed by a grue.

DizzyDi
Sep 30, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-09-30 20:53, astuarlen wrote:
Timestop fucking sucks.

I have to say Baldur's Gate II was the most reloadalicious game I've ever played.

No doubt.

My party right now:
Altair: Half-Elf Skald Bard (main character), mostly sit backs and sings songs as the rest of the party fights, also can pick folks off with a short bow and get in dirty with some short sword or katana melee if need be. Has a few spells but I don't use them much.
Jaheria: Elf Fighter/Druid, making her my tank
Minsc: Psychotic Human Ranger, dual-wielding beserker
Yoshimo: Human Bounty Hunter(Ranger/Thief type thing), picking folks off with a short bow
Anomen: Human Fighter/Cleric (pretty much a paladin), also a tank.
Aerie: Elf Mage/Cleric all around magic-casting.

- Met some broad that looks like Drew Barrymore in a tavern. Her hometown got invaded by trolls and goblins, I agree to help. She offers to tag along and I refuse.

-On my way to Drew Barrymore's hometown, I run into a gang of thieves. I dispatch of them with ease. Apparently they were harassing some poor sap. He is injured and poisoned. I agree to take him to help, for a fee.

-Back to Athlatka, Docks District, some guy says I owe money. I says, WTF NO I DON'T. He says...Well, could you loan me some coin? What for I says. My boat was attacked by a dragon says he. FUCK OFF BEGGAR is my response. He fucks off.

-Apparently Yoshimo has some dealings with the Shadow Thieves in the Dock District, we goes talk to the Shadow Thieves. They want us to spy on some other thieves, I agree. Minsc is not pleased with my decision, but he talks to a hamster so fuck him.

-I goes off back to drew Barrymore's home town. I kills a troll. I also see a majestic moose. I kills it dead.

astuarlen
Sep 30, 2007, 11:29 PM
Minsc is my favorite. <3 Boo.

DizzyDi
Sep 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
What does Boo quick item do anyway?
I've never used it.

astuarlen
Sep 30, 2007, 11:39 PM
Boo just squeaks and takes up space, so far as I know. And I spent an embarassing amount of time trying to figure our how to do something with the little booger.

DikkyRay
Oct 1, 2007, 03:35 PM
what is this game for? Sounds el oh el licious

DizzyDi
Oct 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
Its a very old PC game.
Its rated as one of the greatest PC games of all time and also as the greatest D&D game of all time.
BUT unless you're familiar with D&D you'll probably get your ass whooped and find it boring, hell, I'm familiar with D&D and I still get beat up.

DikkyRay
Oct 1, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hmm never did play any of the D&D games, but still sounds pretty fun

Sord
Oct 1, 2007, 07:34 PM
don't play a RL one, it's boring as all hell D;

Tact
Oct 1, 2007, 07:42 PM
Wait a second, weren't you going to play in Scrub's campaign? >_>

Sord
Oct 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
that's online, not in RL. Much diffrent when you are all sitting in the same room looking at one another. Ya know "that dude is so not a dwarf warrior" >_>

BlackHat
Oct 1, 2007, 08:02 PM
Im a female cleric and you know it!

I have never played D&D before, and I don't know a damn thing about it.

astuarlen
Oct 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-10-01 14:11, DizzyDi wrote:
Its a very old PC game.
Its rated as one of the greatest PC games of all time and also as the greatest D&D game of all time.
BUT unless you're familiar with D&D you'll probably get your ass whooped and find it boring, hell, I'm familiar with D&D and I still get beat up.

While I agree that it's one of the greatest PC games of all time, it's not that old (Sept 2000). At least, it's not as old as its predecessor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif
I don't think you really need any familiarity with DnD to enjoy it, and you will probably get your ass handed to you a few times even if you're familiar. You don't need to know the gameworld rules to a greater extent than you would any other game to be successful.
Anyway, I personally prefered Throne of Bhaal (although it's called an "expansion" to BGII, it's really a game unto itself, albeit not quite as sprawling [but, as a plus, you do get a talking imp butler/smith that forges cool weapons and stuff]).

geewj
Oct 1, 2007, 08:50 PM
The ones on playstation were fun.

Great couples games actually.

'Video game double date! You guys beat Baulders Gate and we'll beat Dark Alliance.

Yay!'

DizzyDi
Oct 1, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-10-01 18:50, geewj wrote:

'Video game double date! You guys beat Baulders Gate and we'll beat Dark Alliance.

Yay!'

Yeah I played Dark Alliance with a friend. We stay up all weekend and whooped ass.

ANYWAYS, BACK TO MY ADVENTURES.

-This time I bring Drew Barrymore with me(real name: Nalia) and leave Yoshimo behind. No need for two thieves AND Nalia is also dual-classed as a mage, although she has a shitty mage book.

-I take the back entrance into the fort occupied by trolls, kills me a few trolls, saves a servant, plunders a few chests.

-I get upstairs into the fort, same stuff: kills trolls.

-I enter a room with a troll and a snake-looking thing that casts crazy magic. He confuses half my party, goes invisible, summons monsters, paralyzes those who aren't confused, and just all around beats my ass. Not only that but once the troll dies it splits into two smaller trolls. NEEDLESS TO SAY I DIE.

-I reload and buff up preparing myself for the snake mage. I die again.

-Eventually I does beat him, through luck, and smart use of the pause-and-issue-commands technique. But a few comrades die in the process. Luckily Anomen was still alive and I use him to revive Jaheira, who revives Aerie. I rest and heal up.

-I finds a fort key in the room with the now dead snake mage, I goes and finds Nalia's aunt.

-Nalia's aunt is a total bitch. She's a noble and walks up to me all "blahblahblah, took you long enough commoner. blahblahblah, don't stain me with your common blood. blahblahblah, try not to drool on yourself." I contemplate killing her but ultimately I just tell her to find her own cot-dern way out of the castle if she wants to act like that.

-I find some secret passage way that leads into a room with a buncha golems and a statue that holds a rare Elven Long Bow+3. The golems are inactive...Until I snatch the bow. They kill me before I even have a chance to equip it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-10-01 19:27 ]</font>

BlackHat
Oct 1, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ownd.

astuarlen
Oct 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
On 2007-10-01 18:50, geewj wrote:

Yay!'

Yeah, spent a weekend thrashing Dark Alliance with my bro. It was fun but nothing like the true BG experience.
And the final boss was sickeningly easy (this coming from a self-proclaimed utter failure at vidya games).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 3, 2007, 12:16 AM
Update CYOA plz.

DizzyDi
Oct 3, 2007, 03:46 PM
-Went deeper into the keep and got killed by a buncha things called Umber Hulks that also can confuse.

Leviathan
Oct 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
Where did you get your sig Dizz man?

Sord
Oct 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-10-04 16:40, Leviatha wrote:
Where did you get your sig Dizz man?

http://www.thotmarket.com

astuarlen
Oct 4, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-10-03 13:46, DizzyDi wrote:
-Went deeper into the keep and got killed by a buncha things called Umber Hulks that also can confuse.

I think you will find that everything is quite deadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Watch out for sinows.

DizzyDi
Oct 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
-Finally killed those Umber Hulk thingers. I do so by using only one character to go into the room that they were in, and luring two out at a time and killing them thus, resting between battles. I felt kinda cheap by doing it but I won so whatev.

-Find the head troll and killed him on my second try. Jaheira died during the battle but I revived her afterwards. I also used my Summon Earth Elemental spell for t he first time with Aerie, I'm guessing it worked well cause he didn't die during the battle. I couldn't tell if he did any real damage either tho.

-Found Nalia's father, dead. BUT HE DID HAVE A LOT OF GOLD ON HIM!

-Since Nalia's hometown is pretty much destroyed, she asked to accompy me. I accepted. I also had an option to ask for her hand in marriage, but I didn't choose it. Looking back, I probably should have, she's pretty cute.

-Went back to Athlakta, Temple District. 50 million people approached me as soon as I entered. One thief lookin lady who says her Master wants to see me in the Graveyard district, sounds kinky. Some kid approached me telling me that Gaelin, the one guy who will help me save a friend if I give him 20k, has an offer to sweeten the deal. Another kid approached me asking me to save his village, some beast named Umar is terrorizing it. I says sure...for a price. A knight approached Anomen, my Fighter/Cleric, saying that his sister is murdered and that his father is waiting for him at their manor. And finally, some Dwarf was saying something to Aerie about her friend at the circus wanting to see us.

-I try to leave the temple district but I needed to insert CD 2. So I try to mount my CD2.ISO file and something goes wrong, so I quits for the night.

Sord
Oct 4, 2007, 08:55 PM
heh, the world of BD is fucked up with problems

astuarlen
Oct 4, 2007, 09:20 PM
Dizzy is the man in demand.
Good job on not marrying Nalia. She's meh, if I remember rightly.
Continuing the litany of deadly annoying enemies: vampires and mindflayers. Bastards, the lot of 'em.

DizzyDi
Oct 4, 2007, 09:30 PM
I want to fight the classic D&D enemy: The Beholder.

Sord
Oct 4, 2007, 09:35 PM
oi, mindflayers, ouch. Nice Lovecraftian influence though. Guy wrote somee good stuff.