PDA

View Full Version : Wow 1up Really knows how to update/Spread the word..

buzyb77
Oct 1, 2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/search?st=phantasy%20star

newest update is 5/31/2007

Expansion ETA 1/1/2008... aka tentative date

Great Choice yet again Sega's ST

DraginHikari
Oct 1, 2007, 02:19 PM
When PSU first started all the updates were appearing on 1up.com but that business deal fell through somewhere along the way and they probably just stopped messing with it.

SELENNA
Oct 1, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-10-01 12:19, DraginHikari wrote:
When PSU first started all the updates were appearing on 1up.com but that business deal fell through somewhere along the way and they probably just stopped messing with it.

Yea, kinda strange actually.

HFlowen
Oct 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
They had a very extensive preview of PSU in a May 2005 issue of EGM all about offline mode, online mode and an interveiw with the creator and such.

But yea, after a while we just stop hearing anything from them.

SELENNA
Oct 1, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-10-01 12:25, HFlowen wrote:
They had a very extensive preview of PSU in a May 2005 issue of EGM all about offline mode, online mode and an interveiw with the creator and such.

But yea, after a while we just stop hearing anything from them.

Too busy praising Halo 3

HFlowen
Oct 1, 2007, 02:27 PM
Microsoft pays better. =P

DraginHikari
Oct 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
Oddly there was a massive amount of compliants about not updating on the site... next thing you know there updating on the site again XD

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
Microsoft make me more money! Mmmmm, alliteration....

Soulvayne
Oct 1, 2007, 04:12 PM
When PSU first came out the Sega made an exclusive deal with EGM/1up.com in which 1up.com would be the source of all updates for PSU, the vast majority of the populace thought it was pretty stupid that 1up.com was the only source providing this information (Updates weren't put on the main website until after 1up.com posted them on their site) and I think Sega backed off the deal with 1up until now. I always figured 1up.com would be the sponsor for our Famitsu because of this partnership they had in the beginning.

Para
Oct 1, 2007, 05:48 PM
They really need to poke poke nudge nudge 1up to spread the word.

pionear
Oct 1, 2007, 05:56 PM
Well, I hope they update regularly now...

RedX
Oct 1, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oh no 1up isn't advertising a niche game, were all gonna die!

Seriously, you need to calm down. a big site like 1up has tens of thousands of people checking they're site, if it isn't popular they're not going to advertise it. One deal with one company with a relatively small player base isn't exact;y front page news.

Hell, they probably agreed to the 1up cup before the game was even released, as seen by the EGM item in the games data. If that true and since the update deal went through they probably don't even know that it was announced since SoA already has all the permission. If it's such a big deal to you take it up with Sega or 1up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-10-01 16:03 ]</font>

Fatima
Oct 1, 2007, 07:16 PM
what's up with it saying that AoI is going to be released in Januaury? *confused* Did they just throw in a random date?

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-10-01 17:16, Fatima wrote:
what's up with it saying that AoI is going to be released in Januaury? *confused* Did they just throw in a random date?

yup

buzyb77
Oct 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-10-01 17:16, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-10-01 17:16, Fatima wrote:

yup

yeah that Dates a Tenative Date For an unknown... any 1st of the month title is

Alamar
Oct 1, 2007, 11:10 PM
ya know I use to get EGM magazine. When the Dreamcast was out (great system btw) and I Started tracking the amount of ads in the magazine for each company Nintendo,Sony,Sega. Sega had 2 one midway the other on the inside of the back cover. Nintendo had more 10 scattered around the magazine. Sony on the other hand had 29 ads on avg. per magazine Big colorfull ads. and quite a few were big 2 page ads. Its no wonder they won out if you saturate the market with ads soon enough the buying public will w/o thought start buying your products. Dreamcast was a good system I played more then PSO on it. Nintendo well had a decent sytem. Sorry back on track lol EGM has historically been pro Sony I have every single issue of there magazine Took me awhile to get tham all. before it was all Nintendo then Sony now it seems Microsoft has the ear and pens and pockets for that matter. So it is no surprise to me that 1Up aka EGM has not updated anything on this game since may.

buzyb77
Oct 1, 2007, 11:21 PM
If you think that M$ has 1ups ear...Try listening to the podcast some time often they will say that a game is a peice of junk on the 360 the poof 6 months later it shows up on PS3 and they praise it altough it has no changes...

Alamar
Oct 1, 2007, 11:31 PM
well my point is that EGM has always picked one system to be "a gift from the gaming gods" and all others are well just there. They done this with Dreamcast games as well when they got ported over to the PS2. " the shadowing is better the blah balh blah but you gey my point. yea They are classic for doing that always have been. Have not bought one in a long time so not sure who has there ear now to be honest. But I am guessing it's only one as per usual.

buzyb77
Oct 1, 2007, 11:46 PM
Alamar.. yah your probally really Close ButI just Got Done Listening to the Argue over The TGS and...I don't want to even get Started...I am just glad Shane Bentionhous was not around on the Past Few as he seems to Lap up all that Sony Feed them Like Now that PS3 is "finally" putting rumble back in it's the best controller againg and of cose Half of them there Say Stuff Like I don't miss rumble... Sorry in Shoothers and Many other games if it was not for the Rumble and 5.1 sound I would not know that I was being hit nor from where...

Alamar
Oct 2, 2007, 12:01 AM
yea I heard rumble in 08' lol don't want to start a war here and I am glad we are getting this. And not to mention EGM is one of the oldest and largest gaming magazine in the US. So it just seems appropriate for them to host this event. I am happy not matter who did it lol. just wanted to post MHO on why they have not updated.

A2K
Oct 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-10-01 11:58, buzyb77 wrote:
http://www.1up.com/do/search?st=phantasy%20star

newest update is 5/31/2007

Expansion ETA 1/1/2008... aka tentative date

Great Choice yet again Sega's ST

All that's on the page is a listing of games with the words "Phantasy Star" in the title. I'm not sure what there constitutes "updating" or "spreading the word"?

Then we have yet another unconfirmed release date.