PDA

View Full Version : Help with class/job combos

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 06:05 PM
Because the AoI expansion is right around the corner, I was planning on making a few more characters. Unfortunately, I don't quite know yet what I want those characters' jobs to be. I'm planning on making a character out of every race.

My question is, what are the best jobs for each class? I'm not talking about playing styles, or even weapon choice, I'm talking about baseline stats. Here is what I'm planning on making:

Newmen: Acrotecker / fortetecker / wartecher

Human: Acrofighter / warteckher

Beast: Figunner / fortefighter / acrofighter

Cast: Acrofighter / Figunner

So, which jobs (out of the ones I have up there) would be best for the class?

Thanks for the help!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 1, 2007, 06:11 PM
Uh, with AoI, you might as well do several classes on each character.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 06:20 PM
i just lover your clever spelling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but no gunner classes?

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-10-01 16:20, Rashiid wrote:
i just lover your clever spelling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

but no gunner classes?

no their too strong for him

This is gonna be my combination if your interested at all. in no particular order

Human- acrotecher/fortetecher

M Cast- Fortegunner/Protranser

Beast- Acrofighter/wartcher/fighgunner

F Cast- Guntecher.

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 07:42 PM
Sorry for the spelling, it's not my strong point... I'm a science nerd, so that makes up for it...

As for having more than 1 job, eh, I'd rather concentrate on one at a time.

No gunner class? Figunner. Also, I like being close up in the fray. Whenever I use a gun, I end up at pooint blank range, so it's kind of useless.

(sorry again for the spelling. It's been a problem my whole life...)

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 07:45 PM
human fortetecher?

errr...why?

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-10-01 17:42, DavidNel wrote:
Sorry for the spelling, it's not my strong point... I'm a science nerd, so that makes up for it...

As for having more than 1 job, eh, I'd rather concentrate on one at a time.

No gunner class? Figunner. Also, I like being close up in the fray. Whenever I use a gun, I end up at pooint blank range, so it's kind of useless.

(sorry again for the spelling. It's been a problem my whole life...)

fighgunner doesnt really count since u dont really use guns in that class XD

also im also very up close all the time and my main is a fortegunner

pistols are fine up close and crossbows and shotguns are supposed to be up close.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
oh; and i wasnt bashing your spelling; found it funny cause i havent heard 'tekker' and stuff for awhile.

but IMO ST was tryna hint ppl w/ each races' starting weapon.

Casts get a Rifle.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

what should a cast be....

but of coarse they gave us choice to change.

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-10-01 17:50, Rashiid wrote:
oh; and i wasnt bashing your spelling; found it funny cause i havent heard 'tekker' and stuff for awhile.

but IMO ST was tryna hint ppl w/ each races' starting weapon.

Casts get a Rifle.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

what should a cast be....

but of coarse they gave us choice to change.

yea i dont like rifles, any ways i still think casts are the best fortefighter

and if u mean my human fortetecher its because shes getting ready to have a S rank madoog in one hand and an S rank whip in the other ^.^

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
Well, I play a Cast as my main, and I found that the only distance weapon I ever really used was dual pistols. This was because it hit twice, and it had first-person mode. I saw that Figunners had this, so hey, I got my long-ranged weapon of choice. Also, with my Fi, I'm a big fan of crossbows. I'm SOOO close to leveling most of my bullet PAs on it to 21.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
you mean ACROTECHER?

cause fortetechers do NOT have S rank whips (do they even have whips? if so theres no point....)

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 07:57 PM
fihggunners cant get bullets to 21....

only fortegunners and guntechers can get the crossbow to 21+

you'd be the same kind of gunner as i would be. All Crossbows and shotgun, with some twin pisols, then the rifle when i need to shoot a flying boss http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 07:59 PM
don't they get 21+ in expansion?

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 08:00 PM
oh yea lol duh..... i might get a crossbow for my fighgunner now....

DavidNel
Oct 1, 2007, 08:03 PM
They REALLY pay off. Hitting two enemies while walking up to them to hit 'em with a good PA is one of the best things in the game! May I recommend getting the freeze bullet for the crossbow? It has a fairly high chance of freezing an enemy, expecially when you are hitting 2/3 at a time.

pikachief
Oct 1, 2007, 08:05 PM
On 2007-10-01 18:03, DavidNel wrote:
They REALLY pay off. Hitting two enemies while walking up to them to hit 'em with a good PA is one of the best things in the game! May I recommend getting the freeze bullet for the crossbow? It has a fairly high chance of freezing an enemy, expecially when you are hitting 2/3 at a time.

wat? oh yea thanks ^.^ crossbow are my favorite weapons(besides cards) and i have no idea y i didnt give my fighgunner one since she uses single weapons alot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

majan
Oct 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-10-01 16:05, DavidNel wrote:
Because the AoI expansion is right around the corner, I was planning on making a few more characters. Unfortunately, I don't quite know yet what I want those characters' jobs to be. I'm planning on making a character out of every race.

My question is, what are the best jobs for each class? I'm not talking about playing styles, or even weapon choice, I'm talking about baseline stats. Here is what I'm planning on making:

A-Newmen: Acrotecker / fortetecker / wartecher

B-Human: Acrofighter / warteckher

C-Beast: Figunner / fortefighter / acrofighter

D-Cast: Acrofighter / Figunner

So, which jobs (out of the ones I have up there) would be best for the class?

Thanks for the help!

casts are THE best race suited for fighgunner and acrofighter,IMO.this is because they both excel in single-handed melee weapons,which have a lot of hits in their pa's.casts are only slightly handicapped in relation to beasts' atp,so the damage will be quite good as base-then factor in a good % element single dagger or saber and you have very high damage.but what is high damage without the accuracy to hit?casts do excel a hell of a lot more in ATA which makes them an extremely balanced melee race as well as gunners.accuracy isnt too big of an issue till you hit monsters at level 90-100+,then you will notice the difference between the beast fighgunners and the cast and human ones.

if you want true flexibility though,go human.they are just a step below casts,and a little less than a step below casts in the fighgunner department beacuse in case you didnt know,humans get a special class-race combo bonus for using fighgunner(dont quote me but I think its 2%hp bonus,3% atp,some accuracy,etc.) its small numbers but they go into effect rather nicely in higher levels.as a human you also have a much better option slate to become a wartecher or guntecher,both of which they also gain special class-race stat bonuses.I choose choice D,or B.

not that beasts are bad at melee,they get an accuracy class-race combo bonus as a fortefighter,so they can manage.I dont mean to rag on beasts so much,but if you are looking for a hybrid class that uses guns,you are likely better off as a cast or human.

fortetechers are fun with newmans,but wartechers are very weak as newmans.do not expect a lot out of your melee.fortetechers are fun like I said but technics are no cakewalk to level up,and the low hp is a turnoff for some.but hey if you have the time to level and the pateince to enjoy it,try FOnewm.or newearl,whichever suits your fancy.

at any rate,any class/race combo will manage.the ones I gave my 2 cents on are the ones I think are best,and why.are newman wartechers handicapped in atp and hp?yes,but can you still play one?heck yes!what matters is the way you can have fun playing the game.

but that's wat I think the better class combinations are.enjoy.

fixed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-10-01 18:24 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 1, 2007, 09:26 PM
Beast - anything with "fighter" in the title.
Newman - "acro*" and "*techer".
Cast - anything without "techer" in the title.
Human - take whatever...

Zorafim
Oct 1, 2007, 09:38 PM
For Newmen, Fortetecher, acrotecher, and acrofighter seem best. Possibly fighgunner using just counter.

Casts can do everything well except fortetecher and acrotecher. They may be iffy on fighgunner and acrofighter due to limited evp, but I doubt it'll make an impact.

Beasts can do fortefighter and wartecher. Apparently, they also do good with gunners due to the redundant ata boost, but I have neither a gunner nor beast to speak of.

Humans, um, anything without forte seems good.