PDA

View Full Version : Even though I feel odd putting up a noob thread... I'm a noo

Kevino
Oct 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
I recently bought PSU but have no online... yet. But I have some questions.

1-I have noticed different looking weaps but as in pso are there rares? And also do i have to make most of the weapons i want but cannot buy?

2-It seems obvious but as it is not pso or the same as pso are there as many online only enemies/weapons?

3-Is there a free roamish thing or is it all missions? I haven't got very far but I also haven't found a free roamish thing... I am in the canyon if it helps to describe how far I am (just after I what's-her-name left to stay on... dang I haven't played in 3 days because of halo 3 and already I forget this much?!).

4-There isn't a number 4 I just dont like how overused the number 3 is.

Any other info you have can help mucho (aside from standard gameplay mostly droprate-ishnes).

ps. Someone please explain the luck system (broadcast)... unless it only matters online as I suspect it does.

Zorafim
Oct 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
Keep in mind the weapon rarity rank system. The quality of the weapon is noted by how many stars it has. This was true in PSO as well. Basically, a weapon in between 1-6 stars is a basic, non-rare weapon you would see in PSO. A difference is that, in this stage, you can choose most weapons from the three major companies (instead of being stuck with a saber, you can have a saber, cutlass, and katana, for instance). Then between 7-9 stars is the A rank weapons, which look different than the earlier rarities. However, it's only made by one company per weapon (two in the expansion) and they don't change models until after 9*. Once you get ten stars and above, you get rare items which can only be found.
For weapons between one and 8 stars, you can buy them in the shop. Nine, you can buy the model board from the shop, but you have to make it yourself. 10* and above, you have to find (good luck). Alternatively, you can hope the player shops will net you a good price.

Offline, as it stands at the moment, sucks terribly. Don't bother playing it for anything other than the story or making your own character for fun. It's missing quite a few weapon types, and many rares (for instance, though it has an S rank dagger model, there is no S rank lance model, and no S rank doublesaber period). There are also many missions which aren't offline, and a number of monsters as well.

For your third question, it's basically just missions. Most missions link to other ones, though. For instance, at one counter in the city, you can choose two missions, then at the end lobby, you can choose two more missions. Using this, you go through a maze of sorts.

Any other questions?

Alamar
Oct 1, 2007, 11:14 PM
well said Zorafilm. also there is backward runs. the door you just came out of to get to the lobby has a mission in it as well. btw on the subject anyone know exactly how many missions there are in total as of right now?

Turb0
Oct 1, 2007, 11:31 PM
Just by quickly counting them on the drop charts, about 35.

Bliven
Oct 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
There is no free roaming, it's all missions

Alamar
Oct 2, 2007, 12:29 AM
oh I feel duh now lol thx.

Kevino
Oct 8, 2007, 08:12 PM
well ftw on the online b/c it's not possible for me to now but eventually. actually i dont mind the offlineness kuz i can still have a party (even if it's a retarded one) unlike pso. I have over 1000 hours into pso so i'm pretty sure I can relate to rarity. but thanks! I'm glad i got it. even w/o online. also is the vehicle from Karen's Rescue only usable in that mission?