PDA

View Full Version : PSU: who thinks...rares...[PSU/PSO]

DanMalak
Oct 2, 2007, 01:27 AM
Who thinks rares are created way to much in PSU? I mean in pso (legit players atleast) people had barely decent rares and few people had rare rares. In psu though you can make really good rares and armors.

To be honest I think this sucks because it's like playing pso with hackers duping weps and stuff.

What they SHOULD do is, you can only synth kubera items, and make rare drops be alot less common.

Anyone agree?

Zael
Oct 2, 2007, 01:28 AM
Stupidest idea i've ever heard

Alamar
Oct 2, 2007, 01:29 AM
Um less common? Less common? sorry but dumb Idea

HFlowen
Oct 2, 2007, 01:30 AM
We can go up to 15 stars in rarity, there is still A LOT to be discovered.

D1ABOLIK
Oct 2, 2007, 01:31 AM
Drops less common??Drops are more common than PSO???Were you playing the same PSO i was playing??????PSU drop rates suck as is.I say dont lower.

________
Kawasaki kr250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KR250)

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 01:32 AM
I got my 9*s around lv40. I'm now lv90, I only have two S ranks, and I'd consider that lucky.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 2, 2007, 01:56 AM
I think it balances out, a bit. The rarer an item, the more difficult it is to synth successfully, and beyond that, rare weapons tend to have rare ingredients, and usually in massive quantities. Takes some effort to make it work, one way or another.

Miyoko
Oct 2, 2007, 02:18 AM
Lessee....

PSO, I've got two Double Cannons, an Hpun, a Pwand, Gi-Gue Bazooka, a 30%hit frozen shooter, the list goes on and on and on...

... PSU, I've got... a +5 Phantom...

If anything, PSU needs -higher- drop rates. :l

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 2, 2007, 02:35 AM
Yeah..what PSO were YOU playing? Really?

>.>

I remember collecting so many rares in PSO, I started calling myself a, "Rare Gun Collector" and I found TONS, but...in PSU?

I have yet to even see a S rank drop and I'm level 79.

So no..the drop rate for rares does not need to be LESS common T_T

Zarbolord
Oct 2, 2007, 02:43 AM
In pso offline GC I was lvl 133, totaly legit (duh offline) and I had about 40 different rare weapons, not counting the 3k L&K14COmbats I found. In PSU I am totally legit too, and I have a Shigga Desta, a Bear Claw (10% since I didn't glitch) and I failed an uransara. I think it's REALLY hard to find rares in PSU, much harder than PSO. There are some people that are luckier than most, and there are also those who duped earlier in the game, thats why they have more. There's also the fact that we don't have TONS of different rare weapons like in pso, where we had something like 10 different rare rods, atleast 30 different rare swords, etc... here its only one of each.

Syl
Oct 2, 2007, 02:46 AM
lol so at first, people are complaing not enough rarz. Now, it's too many? Wow...

1-UP Cup is going to suck for OP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 02:47 AM
AoI is increasing drop rates on rares. It also regrows hair, increases sexual activity, and makes skin years younger. It's also the source of eternal youth and limitless knowledge.

Syl
Oct 2, 2007, 02:51 AM
You sound like a "Natural" Enhancement TV announcer >_>

Gryffin
Oct 2, 2007, 02:54 AM
Hm. I've only been using the same weapons for 50 levels, I suppose having an even HIGHER chance to not find my Deva is a great Idea!

'cept that Great idea part..

Serephim
Oct 2, 2007, 05:02 AM
On 2007-10-01 23:27, DanMalak wrote:
Who thinks rares are created way to much in PSU? I mean in pso (legit players atleast) people had barely decent rares and few people had rare rares. In psu though you can make really good rares and armors.

To be honest I think this sucks because it's like playing pso with hackers duping weps and stuff.

What they SHOULD do is, you can only synth kubera items, and make rare drops be alot less common.

Anyone agree?

Failure detected

opinion denied

Dragon_Knight
Oct 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
Actualy why don't we go on step further then the orginal posters idea? We will NOT have a drop rate...instead everyones inventories will be wiped clean of ANY S ranks be it armor or weapons or units. Then Sega will make special event monsters that will always drop a particular S rank but will be near impossible to defeat even with a 6 man team at max lv. However if you DO manage to win againt it it WILL drop that particular item. However then the monster will disappear forever, so in effect S rank weapons will be one of a kinds, only the lucky few, super elite, 24/7 players could hope to get. A rank weapons will be for the rest of the chumps and S rank users will be as legends and gods in PSU and beyond.

This has been my "Modest Proposal."

And if that didn't work:

[/sarcasm]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Knight on 2007-10-02 05:26 ]</font>

amtalx
Oct 2, 2007, 07:34 AM
The original problem with PSU was that there weren't enough rares to allow for common rares like PSO did. PSO had some ridiculous number of rares for any given weapon type. Rilfles, for example, had like 15 rares (guessing) in PSO. PSU has 3...until AoI hits the west anyway. More overall rares means the peons can still have something pretty, while the hardcore players can have their uber-elite-only-see-once-ever rares as well.

Problem solved.

PJ
Oct 2, 2007, 07:46 AM
I think rares are stupid rares in both games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I mean, my FOmar was level 181, and the rarest thing I've ever had drop for me was an Ano Rifle (Although I am very proud of that drop), and I've easily got 10 characters over 100 on that game.

PSU is just a matter of not being high enough for those missions yet.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 2, 2007, 07:51 AM
Well the problem with your idea is also in how PSU is set up, the rares are 10+ stars and they only get harder to find from there. Having more overall rares means nothing if they all have the drop rate of a P Wand in PSO. The only real solution to it would be to make 10-11 star rares more a kin to the Last Surviver of PSO....not a true "rare" but easy enough to find to make your work worth while. Cause lets face it even 7-9 star weapons (which we can make with wild abadon) don't usualy drop in a mission. I've been through enough S2 runs of Mad Creatures to get me a few PA frag disks and I've only seen TWO rapiers drop. If it weren't for the fact that we could make/buy them readily I would have called the 7-9 star class the starter rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Knight on 2007-10-02 05:52 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 2, 2007, 08:00 AM
It takes a long time to get a 10* board, let alone one of those nifty 11*'s. I'm still dumbfounded on how Psycho Wand dropped already, but as with everything else in this game, it either happens or it doesn't.

There is no % chance. Something either drops or it doesn't.

desturel
Oct 2, 2007, 08:28 AM
On 2007-10-02 05:51, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Cause lets face it even 7-9 star weapons (which we can make with wild abadon) don't usualy drop in a mission. I've been through enough S2 runs of Mad Creatures to get me a few PA frag disks and I've only seen TWO rapiers drop.

To take that point a bit further, I've run GoF S2 tons of times. I have seen 4 hirokteri's drop and about 10~15 Hanmaterics drop, but I have seen 0 howrod and 0 [b] howrod.

I believe the original poster is thinking of 7~9* as "rares" since they are red and they do scroll up the screen when picked up. But even then most of the 7~9* weapons on the server currently are made weapons and not drops, so that shouldn't even count.

Neith
Oct 2, 2007, 09:10 AM
PSU rare drops are too rare as it is.

PSO had rares that were findable. Making the drops even rarer would just be stupid.

Vickie
Oct 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-10-02 05:24, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Actualy why don't we go on step further then the orginal posters idea? We will NOT have a drop rate...instead everyones inventories will be wiped clean of ANY S ranks be it armor or weapons or units. Then Sega will make special event monsters that will always drop a particular S rank but will be near impossible to defeat even with a 6 man team at max lv. However if you DO manage to win againt it it WILL drop that particular item. However then the monster will disappear forever, so in effect S rank weapons will be one of a kinds, only the lucky few, super elite, 24/7 players could hope to get. A rank weapons will be for the rest of the chumps and S rank users will be as legends and gods in PSU and beyond.

This has been my "Modest Proposal."

And if that didn't work:

[/sarcasm]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Knight on 2007-10-02 05:26 ]</font>

FF11 anyone?^ remember SERKET? omfg

i thinks its a dumb idea tho

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2007-10-02 11:05 ]</font>

Menochi
Oct 2, 2007, 12:50 PM
And this whole arguement becomes moot in AoI....

D1ABOLIK
Oct 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
After reading OP and everyones reply,(as well as replying myself previously).I have come to one conclusion.This whole thread has got to be a joke.I think hes trying to get everyone to go "WTF"!!! Anyone who has spent a decent amount of time on PSO on PSU has pages of rares with good percentages on PSO(yes,legit).And everyone with tons of time on PSU has maybe one or two rares,most likely with low percentage,(besides meseta buyers of course).In conclusionj-the original post makes no sense whatsoever and is completely backwards.

________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX (http://vaporizer.org/)

DavidNel
Oct 2, 2007, 02:07 PM
No, rares should stay as they are now in PSU. There are still MANY more new weapons out there, and we just have to wait and see if anyone has the time to get 'em. Maybe some of these items are so rare, that no one has them yet O.O.

Edit: WOOO! 400th post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2007-10-02 12:08 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Oct 2, 2007, 02:09 PM
Razes..o-o gimme gimme plz...
Because I do not have your luck friend.

DrEngrish
Oct 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry man :/ but PSU drop rates suck. I used to play PSO dreamcast and didnt have half as much trouble finding stuff as I do now. I cant even find a freakin' B rank Tero/Guard....

>....<

GuardianPoe
Oct 2, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-10-01 23:27, DanMalak wrote:

Anyone agree?

So... what's it like in Bizarro world?

Jaspaller
Oct 2, 2007, 03:49 PM
After reading this thread... I still believe PSO drop rates > PSU drop rates... also it sounds as if Thread starter didn't even try, rather used dupes and 127%'s handed down to him...

Sexy_Raine
Oct 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
The rare drops should stay the way they until AOI, so best stuff don't lose their value. If 10*'s were too easy now, then there would be no point of having anything because there's nothing higher to be obtained. The super high value drops will be moved 13*-15 in AOI, so either way it doesn't bother me.

Don't make the current ones easy until AOI. The current drop rates should be saved for the 13*'s or make it even harder to prevent everyone from having it. I enjoy having something to go for that most people won't have. Just my opinion, please don't bash me for saying this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-02 14:02 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Oct 2, 2007, 05:33 PM
and other than what pso did you play, what FUCKIN PSU do you play, i dont see that many rares at all, and if you think we have a lot, think of how many have been failed synthing.

Niloklives
Oct 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
yeah but you're lvl 5X...you haven't even done any runs where anything of note drops. the drop rate in this game is indeed low, but there are some lucky SOBs out there that find up to 2 rare boards a day...if anything there should be a system to keep that kinda shit in check.

Aralia
Oct 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
... no... just....no.

This post MUST have been made as a trolly post.. if not, then this person is viewing A ranks as "Rares"
Either way, the thread is made of utter failure.

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-10-02 10:48, Vickie wrote:
FF11 anyone?^ remember SERKET? omfg

He's fightable with a ninja, brd, and redmage now.

xennec
Oct 2, 2007, 06:11 PM
Easy to obtain right now? Yeah right.
I've played since day one, I'm level 76 and have yet to see a single S rank drop.(excluding bearclaws because they dropped way too easily). If anything the droprates need to be raised. As a bonus it would help the PC/PS2 economy. It seems that now the only way to get any good trade is to have your storage box overflowing with high % S ranks. There are those few people who DO have that and just trade around with each other while everyone else is left behind in the dust.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-10-02 16:12 ]</font>

Niloklives
Oct 2, 2007, 06:23 PM
again, 76 is no landmark.having two characters capped and logging over 3000 hours of play is something else entirely.. needless to say, rares are a bit too rre for some, but there are people who grind the same mission for weeks and dont find so much as a rare gemstone.

HFlowen
Oct 2, 2007, 06:30 PM
Playing since day three. Level 93, 1300 hours.

Found my first rare just yesterday actually, a crimson board. Should be done in a few hours actually. I wont be TOO upset if it fails, I wasn't even hunting for it. =P

xennec
Oct 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-10-02 16:23, NIloklives wrote:
again, 76 is no landmark.having two characters capped and logging over 3000 hours of play is something else entirely.. needless to say, rares are a bit too rre for some, but there are people who grind the same mission for weeks and dont find so much as a rare gemstone.

I too thought it was my level until I saw a character in her early 60s with 3+ S ranks. She wan't an alt either. Some of us are busy and don't have time to endlessly level grind. Maybe its just me. I've played since day one for about 2+ hours every night. I'm just horrible at leveling. I think that grinding the A rank firebreak missions and hunting in missions after that would give me some credibility. I don't mean this as a flame towards NI1o but I feel like I should justify that I know what I'm talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-10-02 16:47 ]</font>

l_Will_l
Oct 2, 2007, 07:17 PM
Im sorry, but who here was actually on pso dc v1? cause if i recall we didnt even have that many rares to begin with in pso. i mean every wep looked the same except the photon on it was a diff colour. that all changed in v2 tho when they reskinned so many weps like dragon slayer for instance. and just like psu now we didnt have pvp. they didnt add pvp and challenge mode into pso till gc if i recall and that was like what 3 years after they brought out pso? seems like most ppl just played the gc/xbox version and dont know about the old school pso days when we had the bare minimum of content

ThEoRy
Oct 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
Super Mega Double Disagree!
How can you even begin to think this stuff?
It's nothing at all like hacking or duping because you're not, well... hacking or duping!
You have to find all of the materials and the boards AND you have to be successful/lucky at actually synthing it. While hacking has you creating uber rares with retarded %s out of thin air! Which you can then dupe multiples of out of even more thin air.
Now tell me please how one equals the other.

Arika
Oct 2, 2007, 09:31 PM
I think he refer to Kerseline and Veseline as rare...

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2007, 09:47 PM
Any less common and they'd be unobtainable.