PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about playing this game again...questions...

DreamerGuy21
Oct 2, 2007, 05:05 AM
So I played this game for a bit when it first came out... didn't like how online it was bare bones at the start. Decided to quit with the thought of maybe coming back someday when more missions, gears, types, etc were unlocked so it woulden't feel so limited.

So it looks like the games come a long way! And I'm thinking of starting up again.

Though from what I've read with the expansion coming out and such, that even MORE new things will be added and more money and exp from the start!

Should I wait for the expansion before starting again? or just play now.

Anything else I should know about? I've read many posts and stickys about the game is now, but anything social wise I should look out for? How hard is it for new players to start this late in the games life?
And I also heard something about hacking running rampant again like in the old PSO days.

Do I need to beware of dupes and sneaky players who will PK me and steal my life?

Thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

xgp
Oct 2, 2007, 05:12 AM
play now to get raedy for aol. and there r still pll macking alts so ther at your lv hope to see u in game.

Miyoko
Oct 2, 2007, 06:35 AM
Geez, only one answer? I didn't respond to this when I first saw it 'cause I was busy with dastardly real-life things...

Whether or not you start up again ... Is really personal prefrence. There's lots of reasons to start up again, and there's a lot of reasons to wait. If you start now, you'll get a head start on having higher level PA's come expansion (if I recall correctly, EXP got jacked up pretty shortly before the expansion came out), you'll start building money for shiney new AoI stuff, and you'll get to participate in the long awaited 1-up cup!

However, if you wait untill AoI comes out to play, then you'll find that there's more to do, better combat (just attack / counter), faster leveling, and most likely a considerably bigger population to help you find a team.

As for your other questions... It can be a little difficult to find lower level parties, but if you make requests on the boards, post in the player match up section, and know where the most popular-to-level areas are, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a team. All you really need is to find a few good people, and you'll have a clique in no time.

As far as hacking goes, there -was- an episode where hacks were running rampant, and things were looking to become very PSO-ish, but then sega surprised us all, and actually did something about it. If there are people hacking, they keep to themselves.

Don't worry about dupes, and just be skeptical of "sneaky players" looking to scam you with dumb trades and the like. If you possess common sense, you should be fine.

amtalx
Oct 2, 2007, 07:49 AM
I say start playing now. There's so much more since you left that it will FEEL like an expansion to you.

Nia
Oct 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
i agree, starting with the expansion will prolly limit ur ability to find parties to the expansion areas and the existing ones you will rarley visit because of it. Start now, get ur taste of whats here, and then join us for AOI

Bremmon
Oct 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
I just started up a couple of weeks ago and have not been dissapointed. I can't believe how much there is to do now. I got bored very fast when it first came out. Not so now.

I don't know how much you enjoyed the story mode but there is a series of missions for Episode 2 of the story worth doing. Good idea to do that before the expansion comes out so that you can enjoy episode 3 more fully.

February
Oct 2, 2007, 09:37 AM
And you won't be getting PK'd anytime soon. The hacking has never been as bad as PSO.