PDA

View Full Version : Do S-rank weapons matter?

Shanira
Oct 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
None of my friends can give me a straight answer on this one, so I figured I'd ask here.

Basically, I want to know if you're going to play a type that gets only an A-rank in a weapon you particularly like, but not S-rank, does that matter overmuch? Will the A-rank weapons eventually be so shoddy compared to S-ranks that you'll just stop using them entirely?

Syl
Oct 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
Eventually, yes. S weapons will theoretically go up to 15* so the stats would be quite gapped.

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 08:17 PM
At the moment, S ranks are comparable to A ranks, so there's no reason to get one over the other besides looks.

Why ask?

Rashiid
Oct 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
well; the increase on drop rates, no weapon breaking; higher synth rates....

S ranks will become more common (atleast 10*s)

but i suppose they matter....

real question: does one care about them.

Shanira
Oct 2, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well I've never worried about them so far, so if a type had my favourite weapons, even A-ranks instead of S-ranks, I was plenty happy. I'm kind of afraid that luxury will go away come AoI, and I'll have to choose between playing the type I want with inferior weaponry, or play a type I don't want so my favourite weapons will be strong enough.

EDIT: Although if it's that bad I imagine it'd suck being a protranser in AoI. 0_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2007-10-02 19:32 ]</font>

Bliven
Oct 2, 2007, 09:36 PM
Protranser gets all S ranks in AoI though?

danny_o
Oct 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
They will after 1-up Cup, CUZ THEN I MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE ONE ON ME.

Sensei_Henji
Oct 2, 2007, 10:26 PM
S ranks aren't too significant at the moment. You can find A rank weapons grinded 10x that are stronger than S ranks. Until S rank Grinders come out that pretty much the case. Unless, you just want it for looks like me ^_^

Weeaboolits
Oct 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
Ask yourself this, why wouldn't you want to kill things with a giant purple box cutter? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif