PDA

View Full Version : The blacklist could use some improvements~

Helly
Oct 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
Why can't it be more like the partner cards list? ;_;

Alot of times I just put people on there for spamming at like events. Normally I'd take them off later except I forget who! We oughta be able to write lil comments on each person like with the partner list. Seeing their Guardian ID would also be nice since lotsa people have the same name and all. >.<;

DavidNel
Oct 2, 2007, 08:31 PM
Well, if you blacklist someone, you probably don't want to take them down THAT bad. It's not hurting you to keep them blacklisted anyway. Plus, I don't thing SoA cares enough to make such a change to this feature.

Kietrinia
Oct 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
Wish it would let us add by name/ID or by recent room visitors list...

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 12:17 AM
You know what would be a nice feature?

To COMPLETELY remove the person you blacklisted off your screen. I can't stand people that you blacklist because they keep saying something annoying/stupid, so seeing as they know they've been "blisted", they start trying to stand in your character or sit on your character, or do weird emotes to your character, just to CONTINUE annoying you -.-

Okay, I'm done >.>

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
I'd also like to be able to not be seen by the blacklistee. If I blacklist someone for lobby humping me, blacklisting them them won't stop them from humping.

Kylie
Oct 3, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:17, Kikumaru wrote:
You know what would be a nice feature?

To COMPLETELY remove the person you blacklisted off your screen. I can't stand people that you blacklist because they keep saying something annoying/stupid, so seeing as they know they've been "blisted", they start trying to stand in your character or sit on your character, or do weird emotes to your character, just to CONTINUE annoying you -.-

Okay, I'm done >.>

Yeah, but at least they can't see your location anymore (if they ever had your card). I try not to stay in crowded lobbies anyways, so it's not hard to avoid whoever.

Dirkster111
Oct 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:20, Zorafim wrote:
I'd also like to be able to not be seen by the blacklistee. If I blacklist someone for lobby humping me, blacklisting them them won't stop them from humping.

Lobby humping? LOL Now that's funny!

pikachief
Oct 3, 2007, 12:02 PM
i black listed someone ONCE, because he was arguing about what rank we should be hunting some stuff on and i didnt wanna hear it. Then of course i un-b-listed him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

once i was talking to some girl and she goes..... hold on gotta B-list this guy..... WTF MY B-LIST IS FULL!?

lol some people just B-list anyone!

I said "selling sweet death 4 mil" TWICE and someone B-listed me >.> i asked them to take me off and i asked y they wouldnt, they said that i wasnt being annoying, they just FELT like B-listing me T_T

Rizen
Oct 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
Solution: Blacklist all. Problem Solved. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Usually, I dont blacklist someone unless they being obsessively annoying. And usually I unblock the next day unless I'm really annoyed.

omegapirate2k
Oct 3, 2007, 12:25 PM
I just blacklist people who annoy me at the moment and then I unblacklist them, it's usually only for spammers, and for the people who end up arguing with me, I usually wanted them to argue with me, and I tend to end up winning (I remember one day on the 4th floor... good times), so I don't blacklist them.

Niloklives
Oct 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
yeah I've been blisted for killing things too fast(I was lvl 17 with ungrinded neutral weapons. and I was the lowest level member of the team)...I've been blisted cause I didn't help someone make fun of someone else. and I've been blisted cause I was in the same party as someone who blisted someone else.

I tend to blist semiliberally, lobby humpers, spammers and people who insist on arguing based on ridiculous claims(my nafri cmbo with an ungrinded nafri zashi 20% will out damage your 30%+ shiratsuno collection) in front of new players and confusing the hell out of them. pests who join my party and start cussing me out cause I didn't tell the party to stand still while he finds us, people who join a mission where I'm on a lowbie, soloing a boss with 30k HP and keep telling me I suck cause it's not dead in 10 seconds, people who intentially use the boss warp without the rest of the team, and thieves.

some of them I'd take off eventually if I knew which was which.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'd rather just have an invisible function. I don't like to blacklist people because not everyone is always annoying. If I ever b-list you, you're on it until the next time I log on. But there are times I'd rather just be invisible and no one knew I was online, play in an empty universe, and just relax.

being b-listed is always funny. Sometimes I try and get people to b-list me too. The worst part about being b-listed, is you can hear them, but they can't hear you. But sometimes that's funny too. Especially when you both b-list eachother, then you un-blist them, and they think you can't see what they're saying.... hilarity ensues

THE JACKEL

DavidNel
Oct 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
Wow, I've never blacklisted a single person... Nor do I think I have been B-listed. How do you know when you get B-listed? Will a message get sent to you or something?

SolomonGrundy
Oct 3, 2007, 01:47 PM
I black list lobby spammers, and I never take them them off. No, dude - I don't wan your 12% deva-zashi, no matter if it IS on sale in your shop for 1.2 million.

I also blacklist folks who go above and beyond normal rudeness in a game. like putting down other players or making excessive ad-hominem attacks.

and once you are on, you don't make it off. Thankfully, the x360 PSU community suports this.

Turbobrain
Oct 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
Wow I think I've blisted 1 ever person months ago coz I thought it stopped him coming to my room(it does I think).... he was annoying to say the least and theres only so many times you can tell some one to sod off. My friend conversly B:'s everyone... his BBL is longer than his friends list... it runs into 4 pages LOL(I think???)

Kion
Oct 3, 2007, 06:05 PM
it's kind of sad to b-list everyone. and i feel sorry for anyone that holds a grudge for along time against someone who puts you down once, or says a few words to advertise. That's probably not good for your mental health, but i atleast hope that people enjoy the tiny litle worlds that they create for themselves.

i blacklist anyone who's inconvient. sometimes entire lobbies, if a group of people are running around shouting the same macro to the point where it fills up the screen to the point of not being able to see and causing major lag. but they're just having fun, so why hold it against them? sure peple are annoying and that's what the B list is there for, but i make sure to clear everyone off it before i log off (if i do put anyone on). because i've gone back and played with people that i had B listed before and had alot of fun.

Novenia
Oct 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
Simply, don't let small things get to you on a game. I honestly dislike those who blacklist and then say to the public, "Hah blacklisted~! Oh the silence~!" things like that. It's kind of annoying to see people do that. I don't have anyone on my blacklist cos I'm not so easily annoyed by something on my screen.

It doesn't effect me in real life so I don't worry about it.

Just a little advice for when dealing with those who spam and annoy. The more you show that you are annoyed the more they annoy you. I should know. I have experience with spamming lobbies.

The joy people like spamming get is from seeing you annoyed and complain about it that they stand in your char or sit on your char or do strange emotes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Novenia on 2007-10-03 17:34 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
Blacklist is retarded. Ignoring people you disagree with doesn't make them wrong.

Shishi-O
Oct 3, 2007, 11:13 PM
....i was b listed for killing things too fast as rom.

being a beast

being human

being there

having a char ...

thankfully u can look at the black list as,...would u really wanna party with this person anyway, i mean they are definately uncool with issues.

some schizzo cussed me out and b listed me and i was greatfull.

imagine being in a party rare hunting and he boots me and keeps the rare...

so i say bully for you B listers, and thank you for not letting me find out the hard way you are trash,..sorta works both ways huh?

Tekershee
Oct 4, 2007, 05:50 AM
On 2007-10-03 10:02, pikachief wrote

I said "selling sweet death 4 mil" TWICE and someone B-listed me >.> i asked them to take me off and i asked y they wouldnt, they said that i wasnt being annoying, they just FELT like B-listing me T_T

Wait, how did you talk to him if he blacklisted you o.o

pikachief
Oct 4, 2007, 06:02 AM
On 2007-10-04 03:50, Tekershee wrote:

On 2007-10-03 10:02, pikachief wrote

Wait, how did you talk to him if he blacklisted you o.o

he was in a party with a friend so it was more like "hey tell him that i wannna know why you black listed me...."

2 min later

"He says he doesnt like you."

lol

Shishi-O
Oct 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
behold the maturity of the 360 comunity