PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think its messed up?

Sensei_Henji
Oct 2, 2007, 10:21 PM
ok here's the thing, im pretty sure all of you out there are excited about the 1 Up event thats going to happen but, here it goes; Are there any veteran Guardians that are even just a tad bit ticked off about how easy it'll be for S ranks and other rares to be acquired by noobs who havent been playing as long as we have? Im not saying its a bad idea but, they just basically screwed over everyone who worked hard and farmed for rares like the S ranks that are going to drop during the Platinum Cup. I don't know the full list of S ranks that are going to be dropped or any of the other rares that many people out there have worked hard to look for but, i believe that this will event will cause many long time veteran players to quite the game. I believe there is quite an irony in all of this......

P.S. leave feed back, opinions, comments, i don't care.....but just think about folks............

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 10:22 PM
Nope. As long as I look better, I don't really care what everyone else looks like.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 2, 2007, 10:25 PM
You kidding me? I've been playing since release, and I only found my first S-Rank two days ago.

Things like 10* should be fairly common "rares," it's the 13* and up that should be absurdly difficult to get.

Kairi_Li
Oct 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
Been playing since launch, and I only for ONE S rank. And it was given to me by a friend, meaning it wasn't even found and synthed by me.

Been waiting for this event for a while to get some S ranks myself. The prices at player shops are way over priced, and the drop rate is impossible unless you can play all day, all week, which most of us can't, cause we have JOBS. (and school.)

Not to mention AoI will have more even harder to find rares, so what if we can get a couple of 10*s? We all know that more rarer stuff will come out and be harder to get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-10-02 20:29 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Oct 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
Actually there are a number of people who have loudly wished against the Famitsu/1-Up Cup coming to our servers because of the flurry of S-ranks it'll bring.

I'm not one of them, though. I've been looking long and hard for a Muzzlefever (Balthasar can attest to this) and yet I've never found one. I can't pay the steep prices people ask for them (75 million meseta or more?!), so this is my best shot at getting one.

Sensei_Henji
Oct 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-10-02 20:25, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
You kidding me? I've been playing since release, and I only found my first S-Rank two days ago.

Things like 10* should be fairly common "rares," it's the 13* and up that should be absurdly difficult to get.

yes, i completely agree with you.

GenesisDX
Oct 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
Been playing since the game first launched and I've yet to find an S rank. So no I'm not pissed about the idea. Also low lvl players wont just be able to get an S rank, S ranks only drop on higher level mish's (or so I've heard). Stop yer whinin' elitism.

Stezan
Oct 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm really excited about it. I've been on PSU since day 2 and I've only seen 3 S-ranks drop, none which I got, and 2 failed for the people who got them (I dont know about the 3rd). i'm really hoping that I can get some S-rank goodness. If other people get some, I don't care. We all pay for the game (even "noobs"),we're all entitled to get something sometime.

*Plus "noobs" have been running around with Halarods since february*

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 2, 2007, 10:40 PM
well I've thought about it, and 11* will still be rare, and tons of new stuff will be in AoI, so it's really to get us ready for all that stuff.

THE JACKEL

kevington
Oct 2, 2007, 10:42 PM
Not at all. I've found the boards for Crea Doubles, Twin Bear Claw, Uransara and Meteor Cannon. I also own a Halarod. I'm exciting the I and everyone else will have a much easier shot at getting some S ranks.

Umberger
Oct 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-10-02 20:40, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well I've thought about it, and 11* will still be rare, and tons of new stuff will be in AoI, so it's really to get us ready for all that stuff.

THE JACKEL

Yeah. And as Ffuzzy said, these rares should be common...in fact, in AoI, the JP Wiki lists a level 80-99 enemy dropping the Tesbra (an 11* Wand) whole.

F-Gattaca
Oct 2, 2007, 10:44 PM
If anything, my criticism about PSU and AoI's items is that text descriptions make A-ranks sound incredibly rare/limited run and available/usable only to a very small amount of the market.

Even the high-end B-ranks have these descriptions.

Think about this: the beloved 9* Phantom requires 158 ATA and extols that very few can control its destructive power. I have over 700 ATA. How early can people reach the required ATA for this weapon? And we'll eventually have a cap of 200--100 is currently the midway point in the big picture. How much more ATA will we all be getting compared to the supposed difficulty of handling a Phantom?

Then the low-end rares have words like "developed in secret" and have "experimental designs" which heavily imply there'd be a very low amount of people with them ... but everyone's going to have one eventually, especially with the cup. Given time I'm guessing everyone will have 15*s, too.

I'm not bothered by the idea of everyone having S-ranks, but I am bothered that Sega didn't really take that into account when describing weaponry. I'd prefer that they reindex their baseline for item description rarities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-02 20:48 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 12:05 AM
Well, I can understand where you're coming from Sensei_Henji and here is how I feel about the matter:

You have the veteran players who will get a little upset about newer players finding these items so easily, despite the veteran searching for so long, HOWEVER..this is also beneficial to the veterans because now they will be able to actually find the item they have searched so long for.

However all of those veteran players aren't legit either. To be a veteran would also mean that they've probably (not ALL of them) got some haxeta, so they got their S ranks pretty easily while the rest of us are working our asses off for something that practically fell into their lap.

Also, I'm for the 1UP Cup because I believe it will help our economy in a way as well. The S ranks that are trying to be sold for 50 million or more in player shops will be sold for MUCH less soon since everyone and their dog will have one, lol.

When the demand for an item is low, the price of it will decrease. My guess is, it will be like the Jao decorations for Firebreak. They sold really well the beginning of the event, but a little later, they dropped quite a bit in value, because everyone had one (actually, a lot, lol).

So..all-in-all, I guess there could be some tension from veteran players, getting upset that the new people will be getting rares so easily, but at the same time, there will be veterans who have practically hacked to get the S ranks, then of course..there will be the group of veterans who will be glad the event is coming, because they have 1,000+ hours without obtaining a single S rank.

Well, that's my two meseta on the matter anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-10-02 22:08 ]</font>

rogue_robot
Oct 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
As an offline player, I look at it this way:

Be glad you get anything of the sort. Updates and events don't affect offline, so there is a lot of stuff you guys have already seen that I won't until AoI.

For one thing, you guys can actually play characters other than CASTs that actually look good (that's what that extra money you guys pay permits for you, after all).

@F-Gattaca: Total agreement from me on the item descriptions. ST did that in PSO, too, though those overblown descriptions didn't flow down the ranks quite as far. My analysis: it's a natural extension of constantly increasing the level cap, while trying to still make weapons for the lower caps sound cool. Although I wouldn't know for certain, as I avoid that campus-life poison, I'm sure even WoW is suffering from the overblown descriptions now that Blizzard has decided to expand its level cap - they're adding an entire new rank for rares, from what friends tell me (like if ST were to start handing out S2-rank rares on top of the S-rank rares).

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:05, Kikumaru wrote:
However all of those veteran players aren't legit either. To be a veteran would also mean that they've probably (not ALL of them) got some haxeta, so they got their S ranks pretty easily while the rest of us are working our asses off for something that practically fell into their lap.

How does having an inflated economy help someone get something that nobody sells?

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 12:25 AM
Please re-read my post, instead of quoting it and picking at me.

Thank you.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 12:41 AM
I did.

MSAksion
Oct 3, 2007, 12:42 AM
I've played since day three (Sega login issues) and i have;

Halrod - but my brother tradeda Crea Double Board for it when it was HIGHLY suspect that Crea Doubles and Halarods were duped.

Gudda Skella - which we desperately wanted only to come out TEN PERCENT.

Meteor Cannon - which dropped for no reason in a team of 6 and i got it. I made it a kubara cannonoc for superior PP but i barley use cannons. Maybe in AOI ...

Anywho - how do you all come up with a full palette of Uransaras and a Shi-Kikami to boot - no one runs neudaiz Rainbow beast S2 >_>

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 12:43 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:41, Zorafim wrote:
I did.

Why is it that trolls are ALWAYS hungry..?

*decides to put up a sign which reads, "Please do not feed the troll, thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"*

There. Much better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Polychrome
Oct 3, 2007, 12:44 AM
The last shall be first and the first shall be last?

(I'm just happy I'll be able to get that formal dress!)

omegapirate2k
Oct 3, 2007, 12:45 AM
As with any change, we'll be trading one group of whiners for another.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:43, Kikumaru wrote:
Why is it that trolls are ALWAYS hungry..?

*decides to put up a sign which reads, "Please do not feed the troll, thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"*

There. Much better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'm a troll because you can't formulate your thoughts?

Powder Keg
Oct 3, 2007, 01:25 AM
I don't understand how people can care about someone else having something that they have. Someone please explain this.

Besides, they're way too hard to obtain in the first place. I welcome this event.

Been playing since launch, and I only for ONE S rank. And it was given to me by a friend, meaning it wasn't even found and synthed by me.

Been waiting for this event for a while to get some S ranks myself. The prices at player shops are way over priced, and the drop rate is impossible unless you can play all day, all week, which most of us can't, cause we have JOBS. (and school.)

Not to mention AoI will have more even harder to find rares, so what if we can get a couple of 10*s? We all know that more rarer stuff will come out and be harder to get.

QFT. Artea has around 800 hours and only one S-rank actually found+synthed. ..and the fact that some people are even worse off than me is just barbaric. Rares should not be limited to those who can only play the game 24/7.

Para
Oct 3, 2007, 01:58 AM
ive been playing since launch and only got 1 completed s rank (the other is still board format)

so im very pleased to hear the s ranks will be available to us finally.

Zael
Oct 3, 2007, 02:00 AM
Excuses, excuses. Trust me, my "haxeta" didn't help me find any S-ranks at all. And no, I refuse to buy S-ranks.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-10-02 22:51, Zorafim wrote:

I'm a troll because you can't formulate your thoughts?

*sighs* F the sign..*rips it out of the ground*

No, you're a troll because you just quoted a small portion of my post, making it seem like I'm an idiot, when you apparently can't read.

So you came into this thread for your "lulz". This isn't the first time either. You have quite the reputation (and not a good one at that) for your sarcasm.

Anyway, take it elsewhere. Now quit flaming the thread or I'll have to start passing out Gigalines to people.

Or feel free to PM me, so you don't continue embarrassing yourself

That is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-10-03 00:05 ]</font>

Kion
Oct 3, 2007, 02:09 AM
it is annoying as S ranks have been almost impossible to find with out hundreds of hours of hunting. why would they make it so hard to get a weapon with only slightly better than 9* stats for an extented period of time.

but i haven't played for the last three months knowing that the super leet S ranks now would become nub gear later, and have been patiently waiting for such an event as this or AoI to remdy the situation.

so yeah, it was annoying chasing after crumbs when they're server the cookie to us on a silver platter now. but there should be enough delicious S ranks coming our way to make it forgivable.

Mayu
Oct 3, 2007, 02:09 AM
Nah

Going to get all emo and quit the game because some

Person who just recently started the game has a high chance of getting an S rank???
That actually increases people PLAYING the game if I'm correct
Rather then OMG I'M DEPRESSED AND DON'T HAVE AN S RANK /WRIST Then becomes
OMG I HAVE 6 S RANKS NOW YES!!!!!
I'M FUCKING AWESOME

Zael
Oct 3, 2007, 02:15 AM
S-ranks suck anyway, so I don't care.

Syl
Let's see, have been playing since day 5. I don't have a single S rank to my name. Nor has one dropped for me. I don't go around complaining.

This cup will be a pretty decent motivator for everyone. Let's admit it, S rank weapons are nice to have, especially when they'll drop like candy.

I can see by the end of this event people will be like

"BAAAAW MY S RANKS WONT SELL FOR 20 MIL"

On 2007-10-03 00:09, Mayu wrote:

Going to get all emo and quit the game because some
Person who just recently started the game has a high chance of getting an S rank???
That actually increases people PLAYING the game if I'm correct

People are always going to complain about anything in this game. Too many spoiled players IMO

Jife_Jifremok
What's sick is that the items have been simply handed out to players solely on the basis of luck. Someone who does a mission only twice or thrice gets an item before some person who was doing that same mission for days on end, for the sole reason that the former was LUCKIER than the latter...that's just wrong. These items need an actual player skill requirement of some sort. You know, kinda like earning the cheats in Goldeneye or the medals in StarFox. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

At least the frequent drop rates mean people will actually GET some stuff.

Jakosifer
Oct 3, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-10-02 20:22, Zorafim wrote:
Nope. As long as I look better, I don't really care what everyone else looks like.

Shadow_Wing
Oct 3, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-10-03 00:18, Jakomay_07 wrote:

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 02:44 AM
On 2007-10-03 00:39, Shadow_Wing wrote:

On 2007-10-03 00:18, Jakomay_07 wrote:

Miyuki-chan
Oct 3, 2007, 05:49 AM
I've been playing since around release (i think it was like 2 days after, cant really be sure), have somewhere around 1000+ hours on Miyuki-chan alone, and the only S-ranks I've seen were in the hands of other players or in their shops. I dont really care either way whether I have one or not, I'm perfectly happy with the gear I either have or am able to save up for. (By save up for I'm referring to anything around 550-600k at the most, since i dont synth things for money either)

The chance to actually find something nice in an event is awesome, I missed Firebreak and a few other things over the summer because I was out to sea from May until September. Honestly I dont even really want any S-ranks until after AoI comes out on 360.

Maybe then we'll get the death patch too?

GreenArcher
Oct 3, 2007, 05:59 AM
I've been playing since day two, have logged over 1500 hours on my main, as well as 500 or so across my alts.

What have I got to show for it?
Meteor Cannon, Meteor Cannoc, 26% Two Headed Ragnus, 50% Fire Phantom Line, and a Hard / Power Charge

and many will consider that lucky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (all of those S ranks were sold)

Vickie
Oct 3, 2007, 06:39 AM
nah it doesn't suck, i think it adds more fun to the game because now you can hunt and actually FEEL like your gonna get something, However it WOULD suck if they did that with the 11*'s this early

Golto
Oct 3, 2007, 08:35 AM
Its all about real life luck and not hard work getting sranks. Yesterday [B] Crimson dropped in the first run out of 3. The day before [B] Rabol Lefba dropped in the first run out of 7. I didn't get either but I still can't believe people that say they've played 1500+ hours in missions that can drop sranks and haven't even seen one drop.

I do feel a lot of the time used in hunting the sranks I did find was a waste but I'm glad they will be easier to get. I also hope the crazy drop rates in AOI the JPN are experiencing is permanent and not a temporary boost so we can enjoy it as well.

Reipard
Oct 3, 2007, 08:48 AM
In all honesty, most of the stuff that will become disturbingly common as a result of 1up will likely become disturbingly common in the expansion anyway.

I don't think sega just made this event without putting any thought into how it'd affect the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

panzer_unit
Oct 3, 2007, 08:53 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that I actually get some s-ranks from the event lol. With my luck it's hardly guaranteed.

Rashiid
Oct 3, 2007, 08:57 AM
i admit; at 1st i was against this.

now i realize how effin troublesome it is to get a mere 10*.

now im all for this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

not like its any 10*s that arnt already in mass production
(1 out of every 4 techs HAS a halarod or uransara)
(1 out of every 4 gunners have a desta or bazga)
(and fighters either have low % S ranks are high % A ranks)

see if like Rattlesnakes/Kazarods/Cubo Tomas dropped; that would be a different story.

pikachief
Oct 3, 2007, 09:00 AM
im still looking for an S rank ^.^

Im gonna play during the 1up cup at least like 10 hours a day every day and i HOPE i can get at least 3 S ranks. Yes i know they're easy to get but with my luck i wouldn't doubt not seeing many drop and the ones that do going to others :/

Rashiid
Oct 3, 2007, 09:02 AM
luckly im off when it starts (4 day weekend) so ill be on it alllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

if ya need a techer to join ya pika; just tell me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pikachief
Oct 3, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-10-03 07:02, Rashiid wrote:
luckly im off when it starts (4 day weekend) so ill be on it alllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

if ya need a techer to join ya pika; just tell me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

woot! im also trying to make a record for fastest to lvl up someone but thats a whole nothing story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(i'll probably try that saturday.....)

PALRAPPYS
Oct 3, 2007, 09:15 AM
My only S-rank weapon I've ever had in my posession was a Halp. Ok, well I had a Gizaha for a day but it was so cheap that I resold it for profit.

But I had to find my Halp. I searched weeks for it. It was NOT fun. Especially considering the fact that at the time I was barely able to do Linear Line S2 (only mission at the time that had 80+ rappy) because I was lv64. I'm pretty sure most of the people there were lv70/80, whatever was the cap at the time... I don't remember what it was.

And finally... on my 5th spawn, on the final day (I recall Dj found his earlier that morning too) the rappies were kind enough to drop it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So I'm looking forward to Famitsu! It's going to be very good for people like me who can't find any S ranks after doing 40+ runs of the same run. Plus they are way too expensive right now. D: *Is greatly anticipating 1-upCup*

pikachief
Oct 3, 2007, 09:21 AM
hey me and my friend looked for it for weeks too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif only 6 rappy spawns and only easter egggs not even a serafi feather T_T

Angerpigeon
Oct 3, 2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah what really annoys me is the people who seem to think those without S-ranks don't have S-ranks because they never tried looking and don't deserve them.. but from what I have seen online in the game and within the replies posted here alot of us have tried just as hard if not even more to get s-ranks than the people who have them and still have nothing to show for it..

If anything I find them being so rare annoying now.. some of the people I see with them try to flaunt it in your face.. what really annoys me is when your fighting a bunch of enimies and they are standing there going through all there "rare" weapons not even trying to fight..

But if anything I think this event will make things better for the most part

Vitamin_D
Oct 3, 2007, 09:36 AM
I've been playing PSU since day one, and haven't seen an S drop yet. So I won't mind this event at all haha.

Kylie
Oct 3, 2007, 09:37 AM
Basically, this event makes me think, "about friggin' time!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It does stink that items are going to take less time to find, but who cares? S ranks are really of no value in the long run (in a few years, when you've moved on to another game), so you should just be proud of the fact that you set out to find a rare weapon and did. For the event, I think everyone should just take advantage of the drop rates and not think about it being unfair. Plus, it's like real life... You spend thousands of dollars or lots of time getting that rare item, then it's worthless once everyone gets bored of it and moves on to the new "it" item.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-10-03 07:39 ]</font>

zandra117
Oct 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
Its an event, get over it.
It only comes once a year. Its not like people will be able to get easy S-Ranks from now on. Also experienced players should be able to kill faster and make more meseta than newer players, thus being able to aquire more S-Ranks than them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-10-03 07:56 ]</font>

Dirkster111
Oct 3, 2007, 10:14 AM
I'm just glad I won't have to run Desert Goliath anymore to get a blackbull, well, hopefully I won't have to anymore.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-10-03 00:15, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
What's sick is that the items have been simply handed out to players solely on the basis of luck. Someone who does a mission only twice or thrice gets an item before some person who was doing that same mission for days on end, for the sole reason that the former was LUCKIER than the latter...that's just wrong. These items need an actual player skill requirement of some sort. You know, kinda like earning the cheats in Goldeneye or the medals in StarFox. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

At least the frequent drop rates mean people will actually GET some stuff.

QFT, this guy wins the thread.

stukasa
Oct 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
I've been playing since December. I have over 1000 hours of play time.
I have zero S-ranks. I have never seen an S-rank drop.
Why would I complain about this event? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Oct 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
On 2007-10-03 08:14, Dirkster111 wrote:
I'm just glad I won't have to run Desert Goliath anymore to get a blackbull, well, hopefully I won't have to anymore.

ughh...i dont think a blackbull comes in any EX missions.....

Golto
Oct 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
[B] Blackbull does drop from event mission boss box and parum ex 'good' boss box.

Rashiid
Oct 3, 2007, 11:17 AM
oh....well thats gonna be a lot more common.
rather see those then Phantoms....

down w/ phantom line!!

Katy
Oct 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
Heh I been playing since day 3 and I've found 11 S ranks. I don't know the big fuss but I got screen shots of all 11 dropping to me in case you think I hack or somethin. This event will make S rank a lil common but all that means is those who have a lot of time to play now have a 500% better chance too like everyone else. So I'm not bitter if noobs get S ranks cause this just means I'll be getting as S rank once or twice everyday instead of once once or twice a week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ami~
Oct 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
In my opinion, I believe this event will be really really awesome. Aside from getting all the juicy rares, it'll be a way for people and friends to work together as a team and put intuition etc to the test, so it'll make it interesting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SolomonGrundy
Oct 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-10-02 20:44, F-Gattaca wrote:
If anything, my criticism about PSU and AoI's items is that text descriptions make A-ranks sound incredibly rare/limited run and available/usable only to a very small amount of the market.

Even the high-end B-ranks have these descriptions.

Think about this: the beloved 9* Phantom requires 158 ATA and extols that very few can control its destructive power. I have over 700 ATA. How early can people reach the required ATA for this weapon? And we'll eventually have a cap of 200--100 is currently the midway point in the big picture. How much more ATA will we all be getting compared to the supposed difficulty of handling a Phantom?

Then the low-end rares have words like "developed in secret" and have "experimental designs" which heavily imply there'd be a very low amount of people with them ... but everyone's going to have one eventually, especially with the cup. Given time I'm guessing everyone will have 15*s, too.

I'm not bothered by the idea of everyone having S-ranks, but I am bothered that Sega didn't really take that into account when describing weaponry. I'd prefer that they reindex their baseline for item description rarities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-02 20:48 ]</font>

quoted for truth. I remember in PSO there were weapons I could not equip until I was well into the 100's. Try usign Holy Ray as HUmar.

then agian, most 9* weapons were crap (hugs charge vulcans with 70 hit)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-03 12:16 ]</font>

Xtian913
Oct 5, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm with all the people who have no S-ranks and have been playing and hunting since Day 1. Sure, its awesome to hunt for an S-rank and finally have it pay off, but you could search for that sucker for months on end (Crea Doubles, anyone?) and never see it drop. Meanwhile, somewhere running through a mission just to get to the next hotspot will land the drop? That's messed up.

So, I'm looking forward to getting something (hopefully!) - even though it would be sweeter to have my endless runs pay off.

Still though, I hope the random parties don't turn into Firebreak mentalities where once we get to the Bonus room, everyone starts getting booted. *has nightmares of Jao runs*

OldCoot
Oct 5, 2007, 02:25 PM
I hope that S ranks rain from the sky in droves during the big event. In the numerous S2 runs all over, I have found only 2 S rank boards, both of which failed. Been playing since or near to day one and I want a shot at being the proud owner of one, without having to sell everything to buy one. It is time prices start to fall! Bring it on!

F-Gattaca
Oct 5, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-10-03 12:16, SolomonGrundy wrote:
quoted for truth. I remember in PSO there were weapons I could not equip until I was well into the 100's. Try usign Holy Ray as HUmar.

then agian, most 9* weapons were crap (hugs charge vulcans with 70 hit)

Thanks for the props!

Personally ... Though The Way I See It isn't worth much meseta, this is how I would have categorized weapons:

Common GRM/Yohmei/Tenora C-Ranks, 1-3*
Intentionally low-yield photon reactors designed for less-lethal combat training. They are capable of lethal damage but are not intended for self-defense.

Common GRM/Tenora B-Ranks, 4-6*
Civilian market models, reasonable off-the-shelf output designed for self-defense and sport hunting.

Common Yohmei B-Ranks, 4-6*
Civilian models with reasonable output, marketed for self-defense on pilgrimages in the wilds of Neudaiz.

Common GRM A-Ranks, 7-9*
Weapons restricted to usage by the AMF, GUARDIANS, and other government agencies/security companies/police. These were meant for combat.

Common Yohmei A-Ranks, 7-9*
Weapons restricted to usage by the Communion's Armed Servants, GUARDIANS, and other security companies. Battle-ready weaponry.

Common Tenora A-Ranks, 7-9*
Weapons meant for use by the GUARDIANS, security companies, AMF and MTF Police, but often found in the hands of rogues.

And then for low-end S-ranks like the 10-12* category ... well, let's take the Blackbull. This is how I would have described it:

"A newer rifle that the AMF's main infantry units are upgrading to, but also licensed for use by GUARDIANS."

Rather than calling it a secret special forces rifle. After all, if it was developed in secret and is only used by the AMF special forces, why will everyone in the GUARDIANS wind up with one?

Killer Elite is probably okay, but I'd change the 11* Rattlesnake to this:

"A custom-built design provided on request to the AMF and GUARDIANS, sporting an experimental reactor."

Things like that, y'know. Making it so that the rares don't seem like they should be held by only one or two players in all of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-05 13:15 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Oct 5, 2007, 10:33 PM
...80+ hours wasted hunting the Halp board... only to find six total rappies. = That was my easter week.

142 solo runs of Plain's Overlord S2. Best rare found? PhotonChargeCosmo.

2 group runs of POS2. Best rare: [B] Two-Headed Ragnus (to someone else).

2 group runs of DTS2. Best rare: [B] Shigga Desta (to someone else, given generously to me, and failed).

98 2-3-person group runs of Eastern Peril A (looking for Me/Quick). Best rare: Tenghoh Ala

This game does not favor me, to put it lightly. It does, however, favor a ton of certain small groups. XD Not cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XenithFlare on 2007-10-06 11:37 ]</font>

Sekani
Oct 5, 2007, 10:53 PM
I actually quit playing because I got sick of running the same boring missions looking for S-ranks (which I actually found plenty of, for everyone except myself). Firebreak wasn't that kind to me either, but at least the missions were fun. I'm hoping that the Platinum Cup missions are more fun than the normal grind.