PDA

View Full Version : PSU/PC on Vista? Can't get past Update?

Clunker
Oct 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
Friend is trying to join us all on PSU, with a new laptop.

A Toshiba p205-6337; it runs Vista Personal, according to him.

It seems that when he attempts to log online, it gives him the request to dload the current update/patch - which he does.

Unfortuneately, when it gets to 100%, and quits (to allow a reboot of the program), it AGAIN requires the patch update to be reloaded!!

Any ideas?

Clunker.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 11:29 AM
Run as Administrator

Menochi
Oct 3, 2007, 11:33 AM
I haven't used vista personally, but you need to be an admin, set permissions for something, and something else.

Sega took down the vista info on the JP site as illuminus runs fine without any pecularities. Sorry I can't be much more help.

CelestialBlade
Oct 3, 2007, 11:39 AM
Check the Tech Support forum, I believe this issue has come up many times before and there's a good solution for it there.

Rizen
Oct 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
I had this problem a while back when I was playing offline. The way I fixed it was by deleting the Gameguard folder and letting it reinstall itself. The other way around it, as stated before, is make sure the program is run as administrator (I swear this feature causes more problem than it does help...)

I have had many problems with PSU running on Vista. Sometimes Gameguard wouldn't load or the game itself would just stay on a black screen. I just hope that AoI fixes some of these problems. X_X

Edit: OH! And make sure that you have DirectX 9 installed from the CD. I don't know why, but one time installed PSU, Gameguard didn't load until I installed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-10-03 10:05 ]</font>

Cz
Oct 3, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-10-03 09:33, Menochi wrote:
I haven't used vista personally, but you need to be an admin, set permissions for something, and something else.

Sega took down the vista info on the JP site as illuminus runs fine without any pecularities. Sorry I can't be much more help.

So Illuminus runs fine on Vista? That is a good thing to hear. I have to use that "Autogear" program to run PSU on Vista in order for it to run normally. And yeah, you need to put it as run as admin. and maybe run as Window XP too. Just right click on the icon of PSU and go to compatibility. I have Vista, and I have to do that in order to install the game. Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Menochi
Oct 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Vista runs AoI fine. Even supports it on the box for once too.

BahnKnakyu
Oct 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
For PSUv1, install the DirectX 9.0c runtime. That should fix your problem.