PDA

View Full Version : AOI(Starting equipment?)

Saligun
Oct 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
To anyone with AOI,If you start a new game with a level 1 character what equipment do you start with,please list equip by race.

Human???
Newman???
Cast???
Beast???

Also do you get more choices in clothing to choose from at the start?

And if you do use your PSU main characters instead do you also get all your NPC characters to use in free missions on AOI?

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
Assuming you mean offline

Human= dunno
Newman = dunno
Cast = Dunno
Beast = 1* Tenora Sword, 1* Tenora Knuckles, 1* Tenora Handgun, 1* Tenora Saber. Spinning Break, Bogga Zubba (I think), Spinning Strike

Clothes options are the same. Importing your old char from PSU Extra Mode doesn't give cards as far as I know

RegulusHikari
Oct 3, 2007, 07:29 PM
Does importing a V1 Extra char also transfer you meseta and items?

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 07:30 PM
Yes

(or so i'm told >.>;;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-03 17:38 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 3, 2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, these people are starting out with a BUNCH of items...

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
I hope I'm able to sell enough of them to get enough money to switch to a job and buy weapons I actually want.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 3, 2007, 07:53 PM
Guess this means I should play Extra mode now and build up.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 07:54 PM
Not a big deal, you can just run one mission and afford it. The enemies offline drop like 200 meseta at level 1.

Soukosa
Oct 3, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-10-03 17:28, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Human= dunno
Newman = dunno
Cast = Dunno
Beast = 1* Tenora Sword, 1* Tenora Knuckles, 1* Tenora Handgun, 1* Tenora Saber. Spinning Break, Bogga Zubba (I think), Spinning Strike

Human gets a saber, twin saber, sword, and handgun, all 1* GRM of course. PAs are spinning strike, spinning crush, and spinning break.

Newman gets a rod with foie and ra or gi foie. Can't remember the rest since it was a friend that made the newman.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 3, 2007, 08:53 PM
Nice, I made a Newman on v1 Extra mode and was so annoyed... you start as a Force, but with only a Sabera and Pistatore, and no PAs. :/

Menochi
Oct 3, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-10-03 17:54, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Not a big deal, you can just run one mission and afford it. The enemies offline drop like 200 meseta at level 1.

Which is about the droprate of meseta online now too.

Saligun
Oct 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
Sounding good so far ,hopefully someone can give us the complete rundown on all races...

Chibi_psu
Oct 4, 2007, 03:41 AM
newman start with foie and rafoie;staff,saber and handgun(spinning strike pa too)The good thing of all is that you can sell the starter clothes and buy the new aoi clothes cause they are cheaper lol(only offline)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2007-10-04 01:43 ]</font>

Lolitecher
Oct 4, 2007, 04:13 AM
Good to know that they gave a good starter set to Newmans in AOI ^_^ Like beatrixkiddo mentioned, in PSU V1, they practically gave Newmans suicide equipment (being only able to inflict single digit damage is typically quite depressing) and you had to literally sell the cloths of your back to buy your Force gear (Fortunately, Pritia boots are worth a mint ^_-).

Just wondering about the transfer from Extra Mode from PSU V1 to AOI, does your PM come with you? In PSU V1, you couldn't exactly name your PM, so I was wondering if they were able to get around that in AOI as well ^_^

Bitzen
Oct 4, 2007, 04:16 AM
Whoops, maybe I should have worked on my extra character more...

Miyuki-chan
Oct 4, 2007, 07:20 AM
There's a little trick in extra mode to basically make "free money" that doesnt include selling the clothes off your back. (v1)
On the first Parum mission, go to the bushes to the left and break the boxes, you should find between 1-3 Photon Charges. Exit the mission, reenter and keep grabbing them until you have 10 of them (this should take about 5 minutes). Now go sell the stack to an NPC for 7500 meseta.

It took me about 30 minutes on my extra mode newman to have enough money to change jobs to Hunter, buy glasses, and buy Rising Strike. Worth noting it took about the same amount of time to level her up high enough to use more than the starting 1* Sabra...

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think your PM transfers. I accidentally imported v1 Data (it imported my US data somehow) and my PM was completely empty. Whether it was empty on the old data I'm not sure, but I believe I had stuff in it...

Also, it overwrote my beast ;-; I remade him, but some of the clothes I wanted aren't in the shops anymore, even after clearing the story missions I'd already done :s

In addition, importing SEEMS to import your cards as well, since my imported character started in MyRoom with 3 NPCs in her party, and I've seen screenshots of people with Karen in their party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-04 11:14 ]</font>

Saligun
Oct 4, 2007, 03:28 PM
Things are sounding pertty good but we still need a complete equip list for all races,so far we have only seen a partial list of info on some races.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
Why dontcha edit the first post to show?

Leave your original question there but put something like

Confirmed starter set-up (Story Mode)
Human: Unconfirmed
Newman: Force with Rod, Sabra, Pistatore, Carasenba, Spinning Strike, Foie, Rafoie
CAST: Unconfirmed
Beast: Hunter with Sodad, Gudda Nukel, Sevara, B'duki Had, Rabol Car, Spinning Strike, Spinning Break, Bogga Zubba.

Also maybe list starting class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-04 14:28 ]</font>

Mewn
Oct 4, 2007, 04:42 PM
CAST starts as a Ranger with Saber, Handgun, Blaster and Sandanou (1* Yohmei Shotgun). PAs are Spinning Strike, Burning Shot and Barada Riga iirc.

All characters also seem to start with Sonic and Tails statues, for no real reason.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 04:45 PM
I think that's linked to your main account (Sonic for registering before a certain date, Tails for logging on during AoI beta), but since both of us have accounts fulfilling both of those two requirements, perhaps another person could shed some light on that.

Niloklives
Oct 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
I have them both as well offline and did neither. so i doubt it's anything more than free decos.

newmans get a GRM rod with foie and rafoie btw. I can hit the character creation real quick and check them all.
humans get splendor crush...I've never heard of spinning crush...-_-;

Schubalts
Oct 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe Spinning Crush is that new Twin Saber PA. Maybe not, though. It looked a bit too advanced to be a starter PA.

Saligun
Oct 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your good efforts so far as soon as i can be sure all the info is here'i'll place that info in the frist post...

Niloklives
Oct 4, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-10-04 16:14, Schubalts wrote:
Maybe Spinning Crush is that new Twin Saber PA. Maybe not, though. It looked a bit too advanced to be a starter PA.

no, that's cross hurricane I was semi joking with soukosa. there is no spinning crush

mvffin
Oct 5, 2007, 02:17 AM
On 2007-10-04 05:20, Miyuki-chan wrote:
There's a little trick in extra mode to basically make "free money" that doesnt include selling the clothes off your back. (v1)
On the first Parum mission, go to the bushes to the left and break the boxes, you should find between 1-3 Photon Charges. Exit the mission, reenter and keep grabbing them until you have 10 of them (this should take about 5 minutes). Now go sell the stack to an NPC for 7500 meseta.

It took me about 30 minutes on my extra mode newman to have enough money to change jobs to Hunter, buy glasses, and buy Rising Strike. Worth noting it took about the same amount of time to level her up high enough to use more than the starting 1* Sabra...

even better: go through the easiest fire mission on parum, it only requires level 5, and S ranking gives you a Beetle statue which you can sell for 25k. the mission takes about 5-6 minutes to complete, and is super easy to S-rank, even if you just got to level 5.

-Ryuki-
Oct 5, 2007, 02:35 AM
Human:

1* GRM Sword, 1* GRM Twin Saber, 1* GRM Handgun+1* GRM Saber.
(Tornado Break, Splendor Crush, Neutral bullet, and Spinning Strike)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-10-05 00:36 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 5, 2007, 02:45 AM
whats the point of characters transfering from ver1 to aoi? does aoi have extra mode as well? maybee ill dust off my lvl 100 extra mode characters and run absolute zero a few times before it releases here. it nets about 100k a run i think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-10-05 00:46 ]</font>

Niloklives
Oct 5, 2007, 02:51 AM
you make your own character for story mode in AoI so you can port your character over for story mode. in addition, storymode is much like extra mode except you can do story missions by going to the 5th floor of cylez..

in any case, porting over a lvl 100 character would make iit simple to run throught the story missions to unlock everything

Alisha
Oct 5, 2007, 03:00 AM
i see hmmmn maybe ill make a new beast girl for story mode use then.

edit:i'm full of typos tonight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-10-05 01:01 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 5, 2007, 03:34 AM
Ambition of the Illuminus' Story Mode will feature different difficulty levels, so, even when bringing over a base game Extra Mode character you can have a bit of a challenge--well, probably not, actually, but having the option there is nice.

Personally I would have preferred if you had some more limited control over your starting class and equipment, rather than having to pursue it once the character has already been created.

Saligun
Oct 7, 2007, 01:33 AM
One other question is the starting equip listed for offline story mode only and if so what does a newly created character made for online use start with,please list by race again.thx...

pikachief
Oct 7, 2007, 01:34 AM
online starts if what u sually start with saber and hangun, tehn sword for humans, knuckles for beasts and so on and so on

GazL_Neon
Oct 7, 2007, 10:22 AM
No one seems to have mentioned it, but Newmans, FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, start with a GRM 1* rod... Wacky, I know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And yeah, partner cards DO transfer over. Im not sure about PM cards though....I'm not sure if my PM had 0 on all stats before or after transfers c:

Also, Newmans start Force, Humans start Hunter. I'm guessing it's the same as PSU v1 c:

OFF TOPIC: Anyone seen a Shadoog offline...?! I can't seem to find one :c