PDA

View Full Version : Partner Machines: Dissassociative Identity?

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 12:35 PM
A long while back, some of my friends were talking about partner machines. One claimed that in the different language versions of PSU, the personalities and phrases of Partner Machines changed significantly--especially when compared to the original Japanese (they claimed the PMs with the 440's persona were a lot more serious and professional in the way they spoke).

I only got to witness non-English NPCs once here on PSU; some French players had a party at Raffon Meadow, and Laia and their partner machine spoke French accordingly. What little training in French I had has all but slipped away but it seemed to not be that different from English text (when translated of course).

But I'm still left wondering if that's true, and if Partner Machines do have completely different personalities and phrases when in different languages--Japanese, French, German, etc.

Sooo ... Anybody who's fluent in Japanese and plays AoI/PSU, or has a version with languages other than English, can you guys list what the PMs say and how it translates into English?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-04 10:41 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 4, 2007, 12:38 PM
My guess is it was translated or understood wrong by someone.

Though I have absolutely no idea or experience with foreign copies of the game yet, so iunno.

Itsuki
Oct 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
Heres the thing, most of PSU is probably double translated (maybe even more). It is often practice to translate the Japanese to English, then translate the English to other languages. Theres always going to be atleast a little bit of loss when going between any two languages. So going between 2 languages twice causes even more loss.

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 01:43 PM
On 2007-10-04 10:46, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Heres the thing, most of PSU is probably double translated (maybe even more). It is often practice to translate the Japanese to English, then translate the English to other languages. Theres always going to be atleast a little bit of loss when going between any two languages. So going between 2 languages twice causes even more loss.

Well, yeah, I know that much. That's the natural flow of localization for Japanese games ... but how much is lost, and what is kept, depends on the translators too. Good or bad jobs aside, there's the question of trying to translate it as closely as possible to the original meaning, or trying to approximate the actual intent behind what was said with equivalent concepts/phrases/puns/etc. Phoenix Wright's translators took that route with renaming the characters; doing it in a way that stuck to the intent (all being puns) but not the direct translation of the character names (unless they could get away with a similar pun).

What they had been saying, though, is that the partner machines' personalities were sigificantly different, especially from the change over from Japanese to Western languages.

I wanted to know if it was true or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-04 11:46 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 4, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-10-04 10:46, Itsuki-chan wrote:

This is very true, you even see it happen with anime and game ROM translations all the time. That and the fact that most game releases tend to go Japan -> North America -> Europe further strengthens the theory.

This is interesting though, now I'm wondering if my 421 is still thug in Japan XD

landman
Oct 4, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-10-04 10:35, F-Gattaca wrote:

... in different languages--Japanese, French, German, ...

English, Japanese, German, French, STOP they didn't translate it to any other languages, and they provably did it to those because there are laws in German and France that not allow to publish games that are not translated

That double translation is true, but basically because lots of games have only English voices and if you hear the voice and a different thing in your language subtitle because it was the original Japanese phrase (and you understand both) then it‘s worse. But it happens that some games allow you to put Japanece voices and then you see thinks like Sonic Adventure 2:

Maria's English voice: Sayonara Shadow
Spanish sub: Sayonara Shadow

Maria's Japanese voice: Adios Sharo
Spanish sub: Sayonara Shadow o____O

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-10-04 12:39, landman wrote:
English, Japanese, German, French, STOP they didn't translate it to any other languages, and they provably did it to those because there are laws in German and France that not allow to publish games that are not translated

Huh. I thought they would have at least translated it to Spanish, too.

Anyway, I'm still curious about this ... EpisoKaos? Anybody?

Syl
Oct 4, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-10-04 19:30, F-Gattaca wrote:

On 2007-10-04 12:39, landman wrote:

Huh. I thought they would have at least translated it to Spanish, too.

Anyway, I'm still curious about this ... EpisoKaos? Anybody?

Spanish and I think Portuguese too we're thrown in there. Unless I'm dreaming or something.

The PM wasn't very different in terms of attitude. It was a 430. It still acted about the same. Still had cheesy lines too <_<

Zoamel_Gustav
Oct 5, 2007, 02:58 AM
From http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/

GH-410:

Cute: 私のほうが可愛いですから

Battle:
みなさん どんどんいきましょ
○○を やっちゃうよ
○○様が一緒なら怖くないの
あ~ら 弱そうですね~
あらあら強そうですよ~
ムリしないでいきませんか?
いっちゃいます
ドンドン いきますねっ
やっちゃいます
これがパートナーの実力よっ
あら 痛かったかしら
やっちゃいました

Attack:
後から失礼しますっ
はさみうちなんだからっ
はい~
はは~い
ははは~い
こないでくださいっ

Lost:
○○様! どちらにおられますか~
○○様! ご無事で何よりです~

Buffed: ああ! パワーが出てきました
Debuffed: ああ! パワーがなくなりました
Burn: 熱暴走し…ていま…すか
Freeze: 凍結しまし…
Shock: ショートし…てい…ますか
Confusion: へ? ほ? …あれ?
Silence: …………
Paralysis: ガガガ…
Low HP: チカラをお貸しください~

GH-420:

Cute: 可愛い! やっちゃいましょう!
Battle:
散らばって 戦いましょう!
私 攻めます!いきます!
援護して下さい~!
了解です!
ちょっと 多すぎません?
あれ なんかヨワヨワ!
敵リーダーはおまかせっ!
ガガンとやっちゃいます!
敵リーダーはあと あとっ!
うわっ ガチガチに強そう!
私 強すぎ!
私 強すぎかも!
なんか 弱すぎ!
軽いもんよっ!

Attack:
あらら すきだらけっ!
サンドイッチ攻撃!
はっ
ははっ
はははーっ
ほーれっ!

Lost:
○○様、○○様~ どこ~?
○○様~やっと見つけましたよ~

Buffed: アッパー気分ですから
Debuffed: ダウナー気分ですよぉ
Burn: 燃え燃え…です
Freeze: !……フリーズ……
Shock: 電圧限界オーバー…です
Confusion: あれ☆! なんか◎? 変?◇!
Poison: ただいま 汚染中…です
Paralysis: システム……ハング…
Low HP: 私をガードして下さい!
どなたかっ お願いします!

GH-430:

Cute: 私のほうが可愛いですっ

Battle:
散りましょう
○○は私が退治します
突っ込みます!
援護をお願いいたします!
およばずながら援護いたします
たいした敵ではありません
敵リーダー? お任せください
敵リーダーは後にしましょう
ちょっとドキドキいたします
手分けして倒しませんか
きつそうな敵ですね
全力でいきますっ
やりましたっ
やっつけましたっ
片付けましたっ

Attack:
すきありです!
そこです!
はいっ
はいっ!
はいーっ
はいやーっ

Lost:
○○様~ どちらにおられますか
○○様~ お探ししましたよ

Buffed: 勇気120%です!
Debuffed: 勇気マイナス20%です~
Burn: ね…熱暴走…?…!
Freeze: システム……フリーズ…
Shock: ショートし…ていますか
Confusion: あれ☆!なんか◎?変?◇!
Poison: 毒が回ってます
Low HP: どなたか
私をガードしてください

GH-440:

Cute: かっ かわいい!!

Battle:
散らばって戦いましょう
固まっていては不利です
○○は私が退治します
突っ込みます!
援護をお願いします!
了解です
ずいぶん 
いますね 
どこから 
片付けましょう
まあ ザコですね
戦いがいが ありそうですね
敵リーダーは後で倒すべきです
ちょっとドキドキします
いきますっ
ほらっ 私が相手よっ
この程度っ!?
弱すぎよっ

Attack:
後が がら空きっ
挟み撃ちよっ
いきますっ
まだまだっ
これはいかがっ
どうですかっ
お凍えになって 頂きます
これはいかがっ

Lost:
○○様~? ○○様 どこなの~?
○○様 お探ししましたよ もう

Buffed: これなら いけるわっ
Debuffed: ああ もうダメかもしれない
Burn: あっ システム ヒート……
Freeze: はっ フリーズ……
Shock: うっ システム ショート……
Confusion: あれ☆!なんか◎?変?◇!
Poison: 毒が 全身に…… 力が 入らない……
Paralysis: システム……ハング…

Low HP: お願いします
私をガードして下さいっ!

GH-450:

Cute: 可愛いけど 
敵は敵!
容赦しないで下さい

Battle:
散らばって 戦いましょう
○○は私がやっちゃいます!
私が先に行きます! 
援護をお願いします!
うわ 敵だらけ…… 協力して 片付けましょう
みんなでかかれば 軽い相手ですね
強敵です お気をつけ下さい
敵リーダーは私が倒して見せます!
敵リーダーは後で倒すべきです
いきますっ
一緒にがんばります!
私たちにかなうもんですか
こっち 倒しました
一体 片付けましたよ
すごく頼もしいです

Attack:
すきありっ
挟み撃ちよっ
これが完全燃焼です!
これが絶対零度です!
これが闇の法力です!
これが高圧雷撃です!
いかがっ

Lost:
○○様 置いてかないでぇ
○○様 こちらでしたか
Buffed: 体の底から 
力がわいてきました
Debuffed: 体の底から 
力が抜けていきます
Burn: 熱暴走し…てしまう…
Freeze: 凍結しま…
Shock: ショートし…てしまう…
Confusion: あー ここはどこ? 私はだれ?
Poison: 助けてください 
毒が…毒が回って……
Paralysis: あうっ! 動け……
Low HP: 守って 守ってください 
もう 
ギリギリです

Kion
Oct 5, 2007, 03:07 AM
anyone else just getting random symbols and numbers from the post above? does psow support foreign laguage?

their clothes and weapons are the same, so it's simply minor variances the the pre-programmed phrases that they shout out. i don't think that really counts as "personality". in terms of "personality", i think they're the same menevolent loli's that purposely fail synths despite the impracticallity of it, ad stand around in battle to lower your rank, which i'm sure is the same in any version.

F-Gattaca
Oct 5, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-10-05 01:07, Kion wrote:
anyone else just getting random symbols and numbers from the post above? does psow support foreign laguage?

No, I get a lot of codes too. &XXXX; and such.

their clothes and weapons are the same, so it's simply minor variances the the pre-programmed phrases that they shout out. i don't think that really counts as "personality".

Uh ... dude?

My OP is specifically asking about the phrases.

I think it's pretty well known that the Partner Machines do not have different clothes between the two versions.

And what the hell's up with you going out of your way to say they're just randomized lines of code? The partner machines--and NPCs--say different things about a certain situation. For the NPCs, that reflects their personality as a character, which goes beyond the lines of code that governs how they behave in a mission. It doesn't take rocket science to look at how partner machines talk and see the personality they would have.

Jeez.

in terms of "personality", i think they're the same menevolent loli's that purposely fail synths despite the impracticallity of it, ad stand around in battle to lower your rank, which i'm sure is the same in any version.

... Oh, I see. You've just got a chip on your shoulder.

Funny you complain that they "stand around in battle to lower your rank," considering you're on PC/PS2 and the scape nerf patch was added to our servers there.

Then again, a lot of your posts are like this, and it's pretty clear you aren't sarcastic about it at all, contrary to what you said in the previous thread.

EspioKaos
Oct 5, 2007, 01:14 PM
Let's get this started.

GH-410

Cute
"I'm cuter than they are!"

Battle
"Everyone, let's go!"
"Let's do this, [player name]!"
"I'm not afraid when you're with me, Mr./Ms. [player name]."
"Ah! They're so weak!"
"They're pretty strong!"
"Quickly, let's move on."
"This is an efficient partnership."
"Ooh, I wonder if that hurts?"

Attack
"It's rude to come from behind!"
"Let's do a pincer attack!"
"Hai!"
"Hahai!"
"Hahahai!"
"Don't come any closer!"

Lost
"Mr./Ms. [player name]! Where are you?"
"Mr./Ms. [player name]! Your safety is my top priority!"

Status up
"Ah! My power has increased!"

Status down
"Ah! My power has been drained!"

Burn
"Is something... burning?"

Freeze
"I am frozen..."

Shock
"I... am short... circuiting..."

Confusion
"Huh? Wha-? ... eh?"

Silence
"......"

Paralysis
"Gagaga..."

Low HP
"Please lend me some strength!"

This is going to take a long time to compile all of these. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I'll try to stay on top of it, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-10-05 11:52 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Oct 5, 2007, 01:20 PM
Sweet, thanks for doing this, EpisoKaos! Looking at the 410's lines, they do seem markedly different. Almost like our version of the 410 personality is an exaggeration of the JP version, with all the "Oh!"

By the way--I copy-pasted Zoamel_Gustav's post to an HTML file, formatted it, and uploaded it to my site:

http://www.adultimum.net/casta/jpartnermachines.htm

EspioKaos
Oct 5, 2007, 01:37 PM
GH-420

Cute
"How cute! Let's get 'em!"

Battle
"Spread out and fight!"
"I'm going to attack! Let's go! Please cover me!"
"Roger!"
"There are so many!"
"Oh, how weak!"
"I'll leave the leader to you! Get him!"
"Get the leader later! Later!!"
"Wow! They're so strong!"
"I'm too strong for them!"
"I may be too strong!"
"They're so weak!"
"Too easy!"

Attack
"Oh, I found your weakness!"
"Sandwich attack!!"
"Ha!"
"Haha!"
"Hahaha!"
"Horya!"

Lost
"Mr./Ms. [player name], Mr./Ms. [player name]! Where are you?"
"At last, I've found you, Mr./Ms. [player name]!"

Status up
"I feel great!"

Status down
"I feel down..."

Burn
"Fire!! Fire!!"

Freeze
"... I'm frozen! ..."

Shock
"Voltage capacity exceeded."

Confusion
"Huh? Wha-? I feel funny..." (Note that stars and other symbols are in the text, like the stuff you see over a character's head in a cartoon when they get whacked with something.)

Poison
"The poison... it's spreading..."

Silence
"....."

Paralysis
"System... lock-up..."

Low HP
"Please guard me! Someone? Please?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-10-05 11:53 ]</font>

landman
Oct 5, 2007, 02:24 PM
I've only played lately with my 450, and she is... so bossy x_X I love her http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Oct 5, 2007, 02:50 PM
Sandwich attack! Thanks for the translation Espio http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

relentless
Oct 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
As for my share, I could do german translations for GH-410-14, GH-430-34 and GH-440-44.. but uhh, if there's no time limit I guess I can take my time with that if I'd be actually doing that. <_<; Though it DOES sound fun comparing the phrases and such..~

EspioKaos
Oct 5, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm skipping ahead a bit just to see what my PM says in the Japanese version.

GH-450

Cute
"They're cute, but an enemy is an enemy! Please forgive me!"

Battle
"Spread out and fight!"
"I'll take care of this, [player name]!"
"I'll take the lead! Cover me!"
"Wow, there are so many of them! We must cooperate to take them down!"
"They'll be no problem if we can trap them!"
"They're strong; be careful!"
"Watch as I take down the leader!"
"Take out the leader last!"
"Let's go!"
"Let's do our best!"
"They're no match for us!"
"Over here! Let's get them!"
"There! They've been taken care of!"
"How wonderful!"

Battle
"There's your weakness!"
"Initiate a pincer attack!"
"Perfect explosion!"
"Absolute zero!"
"This is my dark magic!"
"How's that?"

Lost
"Mr./Ms. [player name], I've lost you."
"Mr./Ms. [player name], there you are!"

Status up
"Power is surging from my body!"

Status down
"My power has been drained."

Burn
"I'm... burning."

Freeze
"Frozen."

Shock
"I'm short... circuiting."
Confusion
"Oh... where am I? Who am I?"

Poison
"Please help me! The poison... the poison is spreading."

Silence
"......"

Paralysis
"Ah! My movement..."

Low HP
"Protect me, please protect me! I'm not going to make it!"

F-Gattaca
Oct 5, 2007, 04:10 PM
Oh wow ... from what I remember of 420s and 450s, those are completely different from ours!

Last time I saw a 420 was in December when LL S first came out, but they sounded very aristocratic and professional. Like when she ran into Pannons; "Very aesthetically pleasing. We must destroy them, however."

And the 450s I've seen act like they lived with the Higurashi girls for a while. "Die!" "Suffer!" and so on. Yow.

Now I'm really curious what the 440s are like, if they keep the tough tomboy behavior.

On 2007-10-05 12:54, SeKaI wrote:
As for my share, I could do german translations for GH-410-14, GH-430-34 and GH-440-44.. but uhh, if there's no time limit I guess I can take my time with that if I'd be actually doing that. <_<; Though it DOES sound fun comparing the phrases and such..~

Go for it! I'm curious to see if the German PMs are any different in how they talk, too.

relentless
Oct 5, 2007, 04:23 PM
Hmm, guess I'll give it a try.lol I hope school and pre-lvling for the cup won't keep me too busy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2007-10-05 14:24 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Oct 5, 2007, 05:35 PM
I'll continue with the others later; I'm going to focus on translating chapter 5 of Arkguard for now.

landman
Oct 5, 2007, 06:39 PM
Lost

Low HP

Wow that is a big difference, mine says (well, she doesn't says, she commands <_<) "Get back here!" or "You must protect me!"

I prefer the English one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

rogue_robot
Oct 5, 2007, 07:50 PM
The difference in personality is unsurprising to me.

I've seen this kind of issue on other forums for other games. Sega of America (and Nintendo of America, etc.) don't just translate the game directly - Sega of Japan could just keep one or two translators on hand and recompile the games themselves if that was all that was necessary. Their translations also take into account the vast differences between cultures.

Many personalities that seem quite different to the Japanese would all seem the same to most Americans - prude.
Likewise, many personalities Americans find vastly different all seem the same to the Japanese - boorish.

Then there's also the name game, a common source of flames against NoA in Fire Emblem forums, where fans have had to do all the translating themselves for many years. FE fans, for example, have always translated Marth's name as "Mars." Then NoA comes around with Smash Bros. and says it's Marth (precisely because they don't want his name colliding with Ares/Mars, as that wasn't the idea behind the character, etc.).

imfanboy
Oct 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
Having DONE some translation, I can honestly say that the easy part is just reading what the author puts down and tranliterating it exactly.

What's hard is actually TRANSLATING it; turning words, phrases, jokes, sayings, and everything else from one language to another. Ironically, the people who scream and whinge loudest about 'mistranslation' and try to transliterate EXACTLY what goes on in a given comic or whatever end up as the greatest failures.

I won't lie, I don't speak Japanese as well as many people; what I have the knack of is translation, of turning phrases and speeches that sound just fine in Japanese into phrases and speeches that sound just fine in English. It's a matter of reading intent, as with that NoA example with Mars/Marth. I canNOT see how fanbois get off flaming NoA; who the hell would know better what the name of the character is than, oh, one of the people who helped CREATE him?

You can see the flaws in translation with the Episode 2 missions, actually. Whoever was doing the translation doesn't have the hang of snappy dialogue. I'll wager that the Japanese episodes are at least entertaining (even though I haven't played them...) Even if they're bad in Japanese, if I were doing the translation, you'd've been waiting with baited breath for each episode, because wit, humor, and drama would have dripped from every word.

Modest? Me? Hardly.

F-Gattaca
Oct 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
The dialogue in Episode 2's missions didn't come off as unentertaining/unsnappy/boring to me, Fanboy, but beyond that I do agree with the rest of your post.

Rogue Robot: Well, honestly, I think what you're describing is stereotypes percieved between the two cultures rather than what happens to a character's personality when it gets localized.

In other words: I think it comes more into play when people are creating characters who are supposed to be from Japan or the United States, not when a game's characters are localized.

After all ... it's not like all the Japanese games get translated over here so that everyone is Rip Torn after a few shots of vodka with a tequila chaser. (Though I'd pay to see Lou like that!)

In the context of these being stereotypes that affect the creation of characters and their personalities, I think you'd be right about that--I remember hearing that the Japanese tend to have American characters speak with an Osaka accent because people from there are percieved as more brash/outspoken than other Japanese regions, which reflects their stereotypes about us.

AzureBlaze
Oct 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
So far, I'm liking the JP personalities better.

Especially the 'ms. mr' part. It seems appropriate for some of them to do that. Sure, the rude ones should be like "get over here!" and stuff--because they're rude/bossy. I think the jp ver also sounds a little more 'mechanical' like the way GRM may have programmed them. They're not supposed to be 'just like a real person', the whole point is they're mini-slaves or something that's not as smart as regular CASTS, but can make things.

It's kind of sad that in-text symbols didn't make it over, either, like the stars and things Espio described. That would be a really cute addition to their speech. A PM should talk like a PM, and the JP ones seem to do it a bit more.

This is a clever post. It didn't occur to me that they might be misrepresented...I guess. But, so they are. How curious.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 6, 2007, 11:02 PM
Some of the PMs in the US version DO put stars and symbols in their message when confused. I've seen one do it for sure, can't remember which.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-10-06 21:02, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Some of the PMs in the US version DO put stars and symbols in their message when confused. I've seen one do it for sure, can't remember which.

GH-413 definitely does, and I'm fairly certain some others do too.

EDIT: OMFG PIX:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7288/gh413isconfusedns2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-10-06 21:08 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Oct 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-10-06 21:04, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-10-06 21:02, beatrixkiddo wrote:

GH-413 definitely does, and I'm fairly certain some others do too.

What is the 413's personality like in other situations? I haven't really paid close enough attention/recorded what the other models in a PM line say, but on the surface it looks like they take after another base PM's personality.

They could just be a mixture of lines from varying base PM's personae, too ... My own GH-440 still surprises me because she's been saying stuff I've never heard her say before in the past week or two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-06 21:19 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Oct 6, 2007, 11:14 PM
I strongly suspect B.St affects the lines your PM uses, because I noticed my PM using new phrases as I levelled her B.St up.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 6, 2007, 11:22 PM
413 seems to say some 420ish things, but also some new stuff.

Zoamel_Gustav
Oct 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-10-05 13:19, EspioKaos wrote:

GH-450

"Please forgive me!"
"We must cooperate to take them down!"
"They're strong; be careful!"
"Let's do our best!"
"They're no match for us!"
"How wonderful!"
"Please help me!"
"Ah! My movement..."
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif This personality is a much better match for the amount of resta she uses. Did we get an evil twin or something?

EspioKaos
Oct 7, 2007, 07:11 PM
GH-440

Cute
"So cute!!"

Battle
"Spread out and fight, and they'll certainly be at a disadvantage!"
"I'll exterminate them, [player name]!"
"I'm moving in! Please cover me!"
"Roger!"
"There sure are a lot of them! Let's take care of them all!"
"Psh, small fry!"
"Take care of the leader later!"
"Let's move faster."
"Let's go."
"Look at me! I'm your partner!" (<_<...)
"Take this!"
"Too easy!"

Attack
"Their back is open!"
"Pincer attack!"
"Let's go!"
"There's more to come!"
"How's that?"

Lost
"Mr./Ms. [player name]? Mr./Ms. [player name], where are you?"
"Mr./Ms. [player name], I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Status up
"I'm good to go!"

Status down
"Oh, this may be a problem!"

Burn
"Oh, systems overheating!"

Freeze
"Ah, I'm frozen...!"

Shock
"Ugh, systems shorted..."

Confusion
"Huh? Wha-? I feel funny." (Same as before with random stars and symbols.)

Poison
"The poison is spreading... my power... is draining."

Silence
"......"

Paralysis
"System... lock-up..."

HP low
"Please! Protect me!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-10-07 17:13 ]</font>

ryvius
Oct 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
Erm, the 450 says stuff like "Suffer!" and "Burn! Hahaha!" right?

>_> wtf

EspioKaos
Oct 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
GH-430

Cute
"I'm cuter than they are!"

Battle
"Spread out!"
"I'll exterminate them, [player name]!"
"I'm going in! Please protect me!"
"I'll protect you as best I can!"
"These enemies are no problem."
"The leader? Leave him to me!"
"Let's move a bit faster."
"I'll give it my all!"
"Take them down one by one!"
"I did it!"
"Got them!"
"They've been taken care of!"

Battle
"Found your weakness!"
"OK!"
"Over there!"
"Ha! Ha!"
"Haiya!"

Lost
"Mr./Ms. [player name], where have you gone?"
"I was looking for you, Mr./Ms. [player name]!"

Status up
"My courage is at 120%!"

Status down
"My courage has lost 20%!"

Burn
"F... fire!!"

Freeze
"Systems... frozen."

Shock
"I'm short... circuiting..."

Confusion
"Huh? Wha-? I feel funny." (With the symbols and all.)

Poison
"The poison is spreading."

Silence
"......"

HP low
"Someone guard me, please!"

F-Gattaca
Oct 8, 2007, 09:56 AM
Finally got a chance to look at these other two!

Yow. Yeah, it looks like their personalities are all completely different from our version of PSU. Seems like only a few lines here and there are the same (Our 430s say "They're cute, but I'm cuter!" if I recall, right? I didn't spend too much time with mine before I changed her into a 432).

"Look at me! I'm your partner!" (<_<...)

HEH! I like that one; is she trying to say something akin to "Don't turn away from me! You're my dancing (fighting) partner!" ... ? Kind of like what Donovan Deegan says here (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2004-03-16)?

My 440 said a line similar to it once, but it's not quite the same. "Hey you! Over here!"

Speaking of that ... I got to see a 413 in action recently, Deja Vu's partner machine. We were fighting Dimmagolus; when she was paralyzed she said "SYSTEM ... CRASH ..."

A little freaky to hear from a tiny lolibot.

Huh. Now I'm tempted to try and compile a database of everything all the Partner Machines say.