PDA

View Full Version : confused about character transfer to AoI

xennec
Oct 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
Do PSUv1 online characters only tranfer to online in AoI or do they go to offline too? What about extra mode characters?

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 01:45 PM
PSUv1 online characters transfer to AoI online.
PSUv1 Extra Mode characters transfer to AoI offline.

Tuxedose
Oct 4, 2007, 01:46 PM
Psu v1 only character transfer to online yes and as for extra mode characters you can transfer the ones you used in Ver. 1 to the Story Mode.

I hope that answered your question

relentless
Oct 4, 2007, 01:46 PM
Of course, you can continue to play your online characters in AoI.

And yeah, extra mode chars in v.1 can be transfered to AoI offline mode including meseta, PA lvls and stuff etc.

Offline is offline, online is online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2007-10-04 11:47 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 4, 2007, 01:48 PM
Yup, both sets of characters should be copied over when you download the new game.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 01:49 PM
Extra mode is manually imported.

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 01:50 PM
Oh, so wait ... we don't get to pick and choose which characters in PSU that we want to import to AoI?

And the maximum character slots hasn't changed, right? Only four?

relentless
Oct 4, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-10-04 11:50, F-Gattaca wrote:
Oh, so wait ... we don't get to pick and choose which characters in PSU that we want to import to AoI?

And the maximum character slots hasn't changed, right? Only four?

I wish http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, hasn't changed as far as I know.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
You choose to import, and it imports the entire extramode data, overwriting any characters you may have already made.

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-10-04 11:54, beatrixkiddo wrote:
You choose to import, and it imports the entire extramode data, overwriting any characters you may have already made.

Oh, whoops ... I should have specified, but that's good to know as well!

I was asking whether or not we could choose to import specific network mode characters to AoI and leave others behind on vanilla PSU.

Ami~
Oct 4, 2007, 02:16 PM
Nope!! They all become AoI characters automatically, since you upgrade your account to an AoI account with the serial key you get on the ISAO website.At least that is how it is done on JP, but it shouldn't be too different for when it comes out in the US. Hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-10-04 12:21 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-10-04 12:16, Ami_ wrote:
Nope!! They all become AoI characters automatically, since you upgrade your account to an AoI account with the serial key you get on the ISAO website.At least that is how it is done on JP, but it shouldn't be too different for when it comes out in the US. Hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It does, but now I'm starting to regret having filled my last slot with a joke character + my only ranged synthing PM ...

Guess I can always hope that we might get additional character slots or something ...

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
Be glad it's only ranged and not something that actually takes time or meseta to make.

JAFO22000
Oct 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-10-04 13:06, F-Gattaca wrote:
It does, but now I'm starting to regret having filled my last slot with a joke character + my only ranged synthing PM ...

Guess I can always hope that we might get additional character slots or something ...

Someone didn't stock up on DeRagan Traps....

Menochi
Oct 4, 2007, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about stocking up on deragan traps, the expansion has another type of firework thats better, and its not limited edition.

Niloklives
Oct 4, 2007, 04:09 PM
its just as cheap?

Menochi
Oct 4, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-10-04 14:09, NIloklives wrote:
its just as cheap?

Close enough. 6 stars I think, I'd have to go check.

F-Gattaca
Oct 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-10-04 14:00, JAFO22000 wrote:
Someone didn't stock up on DeRagan Traps....

Someone did, just not enough to make another ranged PM out of them. I bought a stack or two to play with.

The real thing is that I do want to keep the joke character, I was just hoping I could leave it on PSU since I'd refer make a more serious character to fill up that fourth slot and have level all the way up to 200.

(You know, that actually makes me wonder if characters on PSU can still synth AoI items, just not use them.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-04 14:18 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Oct 4, 2007, 04:16 PM
It's 50 meseta for a 6*, as opposed to the old De Ragan which was 30 meseta for a 4*.

So you go from:

10 pts for 30 meseta
1000 traps
5 days of feeding
30000 cost

To:
14pts for 50 meseta
715 traps
4 days of feeding
35740 meseta

Two fewer feeds for 5740 more meseta.

Menochi
Oct 4, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-10-04 14:13, F-Gattaca wrote:

(You know, that actually makes me wonder if characters on PSU can still synth AoI items, just not use them.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-04 14:18 ]</font>

Anyone with v1 will not see any illuminus items beyond their name when inspecting character stats. Items that are dropped that are illuminus items, will be completely invisible to the v1 player, weapons are inivible even when equipped, SUVs aren't even seen. All v1 sees is the damage.

So, v1 won't even see the board, get any special AoI mats, beyond just not being able to use it. AoI items won't even show up in shops for the v1 player.

Furthermore, as far as JPPSU goes, once a character has illuminus items/weapons/room that character cannot be used with the v1 PSU.

Kismet
Oct 5, 2007, 03:38 AM
Wait, so no extra character slots?

Ogni-XR21
Oct 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
Sorry if this has been answered before, but the official thread is just too many pages to go through:

You keep all your weps, items and meseta? So this way the PC/PS2 ecconomy STAYS ruined? Not that I would prefer starting from scratch with all items, but it's kind of a mixed bag here...

Rashiid
Oct 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
Dont think of it as a transfer-

look at it as a massive update.

Menochi
Oct 5, 2007, 09:12 AM
On 2007-10-05 07:03, Rashiid wrote:

Exactly. Because once you've logged in with the illuminus data, you cannot use the PSU v1 anymore. It gives you an error saying that the account can't use that version.

mizukage
Oct 7, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-10-05 07:12, Menochi wrote:

Exactly. Because once you've logged in with the illuminus data, you cannot use the PSU v1 anymore. It gives you an error saying that the account can't use that version.

You don't mean that after transferring the extra mode character over to AOI, the extra mode characters will no longer work in PSUv1, do you?? I doubt ST would do something like that, but..

Rashiid
Oct 7, 2007, 09:28 AM
the question is: why WOULD you want to go back?

Menochi
Oct 7, 2007, 09:40 AM
On 2007-10-07 07:24, mizukage wrote:

On 2007-10-05 07:12, Menochi wrote:

You don't mean that after transferring the extra mode character over to AOI, the extra mode characters will no longer work in PSUv1, do you?? I doubt ST would do something like that, but..

Characters transferred will have new weapons/clothes/data that aren't existing in version 1. Its not compatable.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
Menochi is referring to Network Mode. As soon as you log on your account with Network Mode, your account is flagged for AoI and will no longer be able to log in on the original client. When Extra Mode characters are imported, they are merely copied from the old folder to the new AoI folder.

Dragwind
Oct 7, 2007, 11:04 AM
So wait, when you said they can see damage...you can actually play with aoi players on v1? o.o

If so, what if they're wearing AoI only clothes? Do they see them as blue blobs, or just nude? o.O

Menochi
Oct 7, 2007, 11:06 AM
You'd see them as wearing starting clothes.

Dragwind
Oct 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
Very interesting....

XDeathX
Oct 7, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-10-05 07:02, Ogni-XR21 wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but the official thread is just too many pages to go through:

You keep all your weps, items and meseta? So this way the PC/PS2 ecconomy STAYS ruined? Not that I would prefer starting from scratch with all items, but it's kind of a mixed bag here...

Why should the 360 community suffer because of all these hacks and because you people want to start over? 360 worked hard for their stuff unlike you guys so Ill just assume you mean your version.

Pentence
Oct 7, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-10-07 09:32, XDeathX wrote:

On 2007-10-05 07:02, Ogni-XR21 wrote:

Why should the 360 community suffer because of all these hacks and because you people want to start over? 360 worked hard for their stuff unlike you guys so Ill just assume you mean your version.

Please do not assume that PSO worlders used the hacks or that all of them bought into the easy meseta.Most of us did not,PSOW members are pretty known to avoid these sorts of things.We all understand how economys becomes ruined and the like.

Many of us worked just as hard for our items.I for one always kept my prices nominal in my shop.Which is why i make decent money.Infact the only reason i ever got above a hundred thousand in my pocket at one time was due to the fire outbreak,which everyone got in on and could make awsome meseta.

The real problem isnt those still playing either.It is those who quit.Their shops are still there with insane prices.So some new guys think "oh well this lvl ____ sold this for _____ so that must be right.Thats the only reason things are the way they are,the 360 players obviously either dont know what realy happened or dont care,well i cant say they all are that way but it seems a portion are.

XDeathX
Oct 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
That was directed to the PC/PS2 commnity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeathX on 2007-10-07 12:24 ]</font>

Bitey
Oct 7, 2007, 02:54 PM

What exactly prompted you to post such a horrible thing? I am an Xbox player and even I found that rude and distasteful. Why try to start another war for no reason...

XDeathX
Oct 7, 2007, 03:05 PM
He wants everyone to start over because his precious community is fucked.

Rashiid
Oct 7, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-10-07 13:05, XDeathX wrote:

oh-uh....

http://www.bacou-dalloz.ca/pages/images/Products/FireGear/ZoomIn_firegear.jpg

comom comon; to tha station; i got enuff for everyone!

mizukage
Oct 7, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-10-07 07:28, Rashiid wrote:
the question is: why WOULD you want to go back?

Good question. Well, I had assumed that there won't be any of the PSUv1 free missions at the start of AOI. However, since Menoichi pointed out that the AOI will be an enhanced version of the ghost town extra mode, I am guessing that the free missions of PSUv1 extra mode are also available in AOI at the start of the story mode game. In this case, there is NO point in going back to extra mode of PSUv1.

Lolitecher
Oct 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
That sounds awesome if that is indeed the case, wouldn't want to have any regrets bidding farewell to PSU V1 ^_^ It does beg the question though, do you guys think there might be anything left in PSU V1 that cannot be obtained in AOI alone?

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 10:37 PM
XDeathX, were you the one trying to organize an entire guild against scammers that would report directly to Sega?

I like how you automatically assumed that the guy wanted to screw over the 360 when all he clearly talking only about the PC/PS2 economy, and he didn't even ask for a wipe, he was just surprised there wasn't one. Normally I would let this stuff slide, but for someone who's talking all high and mighty about your own servers, you have a lot of nerve to talk about someone else's "precious community" like we're all a bunch of hacking trash. This is exactly why I have less and less interest in joining the 360 to wear a headset and listen to people like this all day long, or get booted for it. Unbelieveable...

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 10:47 PM
Wallin Banshe...Many many many people dont even talk in parties...some do some don't

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-10-07 20:47, buzyb77 wrote:
Wallin Banshe...Many many many people dont even talk in parties...some do some don't

Well good, I can see why, LOL. So wait, what do you guys do, use that PSU controller keyboard thing, or just run around in silence? That sounds boring... :/

And I highly doubt they would have anything exclusive to PSUv1, it would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to get people to buy the expansion.

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 11:24 PM
Well Wallin you can hook up any USB keyboard(recomend) or use the in game keyboard. I talk often to Friend while I play.. Sometimes they are in Same Party other times they are playing another Game... But People Do Tons of Texts in Lobies as You can only hear people in your party or if you and they are in the Same "MY RooM"

Zorak000
Oct 7, 2007, 11:42 PM
I heard that JP players will get 8 char slots due to the world1-2 fusion. will NA players ever see the 5-8 slots or will SoA think that "ignorance is bliss" (ie we're not suppost to know about it >_> <_< )

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 11:45 PM
We have nothing confirmed Zorak, but it can go either way.

On one hand, it would be unlikely for us to get 4 extra slots since it was an update independant from AoI, and so we would have no reason to get it here since we've only had 1 world to begin with.

However, since the US and Japanese play together on the 360, they might decide to give the 360 users four slots, in which case they would pretty much have to give them to the US PC/PS2 players as well. But it depends on how much work it would to do on the 360 since they obviously don't have two worlds either.

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-10-07 21:42, Zorak000 wrote:
I heard that JP players will get 8 char slots due to the world1-2 fusion. will NA players ever see the 5-8 slots or will SoA think that "ignorance is bliss" (ie we're not suppost to know about it >_> <_< )

Sega Still believes that their is no such thing as the interwebs or translation software nor people who learned JP

Ogni-XR21
Oct 8, 2007, 08:23 AM
On 2007-10-07 13:05, XDeathX wrote:

I wasn't even thinking of this for 360, but now I think it's a good idea, just to annoy you... [/jk]

If it wasn't obvious to you that I was talking about PC/PS2 US EU servers there's no helping you, honestly.

Well I've been playing PSO since v.1, so my tolerance level for duping is quite high. So it won't stop me from enjoying AOI even if the ecconomy is ruined.

mizukage
Oct 8, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-10-07 21:10, Wallin wrote:

On 2007-10-07 20:47, buzyb77 wrote:

Well good, I can see why, LOL. So wait, what do you guys do, use that PSU controller keyboard thing, or just run around in silence? That sounds boring... :/

And I highly doubt they would have anything exclusive to PSUv1, it would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to get people to buy the expansion.

Well, the reason why many people run around in silence is that most people seek to S-rank missions for the end of mission rewards. When there is a Dulk Falkis around, people like to battle it more than anything else. However, I guess this idea would become boring after awhile, a long awhile..