PDA

View Full Version : HA HA people that "quit" for Halo soon returned

Tagnut
Oct 6, 2007, 08:32 AM
Yep, I'll agree, the first few days after Halo 3 release the numbers were really down (even as low as two stars at peak time)
But as soon as folks realised that Halo, altho good, is very shortlived, and as soon as people heard about the new PA's and that we are getting 1up cup
[b]THE QUITTERS SOON CAME RUNNING BACK!!!
Nice one SEGA!!

McLaughlin
Oct 6, 2007, 08:44 AM
I never saw it drop below a full Universe, first off.

Second, if they're back after a week they never "quit" in the first place.

DavidNel
Oct 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
To Obsidian, I think he's talking about the PC servers, not the Xbox ones.

To Tagnut, Appearently, Halo 3 really sucked. My friend who LOVES the Halo series doesn't even like it...

Alis-Landeel
Oct 6, 2007, 08:51 AM
The Halo-hurricane has been a lot less powerful than predicted. We are still alive.

Sinue_v2
Oct 6, 2007, 08:53 AM
Uh... Halo is a first person shooter. They are ALL very short lived. And it's not like anybody "Quit Halo" to come back to PSU. They played the shit out of the game for the first week or two and then start playing more casually. You can hop on and kill a few newbs in your spare time, and then hop right back off. It's not like PSU where you spend several months buliding up your characters.

And if you're trying to elude to the point that PSU is a better game than Halo 3, then I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 6, 2007, 08:56 AM
Not everyone is into shooters, but SSBB will have a big affect on the PSU community, I'm sure of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-06 06:56 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 6, 2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, I think SSBB will have a much bigger impact on the PSU comunitty. First off, because the kind of people (myself included) would rather play the Japaneseisque games than a first person shooter. Secondly, Halo is more of a casual game, so people are bound to be back to PSU, which is stat building.

amtalx
Oct 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
I'm curious to see the effect of SSBB on PSU. Personally, I hate the SSB games but I'll probably get it anyway. I know my friends will want me to have it around.

As for Halo 3, it was definitely better than Halo 2. 4 player co-op was some of the most fun I've had in years, but now that I've gone through the campaign several times there's not much left to do.

Yuicihi
Oct 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-10-06 07:01, DavidNel wrote:
Yes, I think SSBB will have a much bigger impact on the PSU comunitty. First off, because the kind of people (myself included) would rather play the Japaneseisque games than a first person shooter. Secondly, Halo is more of a casual game, so people are bound to be back to PSU, which is stat building.

Since when is Halo a casual game?

I predict SSBB will do the same thing as Halo 3. Make people desert the game for a week, then come back.

PALRAPPYS
Oct 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-10-06 08:11, Yuicihi wrote:

I predict SSBB will do the same thing as Halo 3. Make people desert the game for a week, then come back.

Thing is, SSBB is the type of game that lasts a long time. Sure, you can unlock all of the available content, but you'll want to be coming back for more.

Although, keep in mind I'm sure it won't be AS popular as Halo 3 was, but still very popular.

Dragwind
Oct 6, 2007, 10:17 AM
It all depends on what the player likes, and if he likes the game. Also weigh in how much that person enjoys psu x_x

Yuicihi
Oct 6, 2007, 10:17 AM
On 2007-10-06 08:13, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-10-06 08:11, Yuicihi wrote:

Thing is, SSBB is the type of game that lasts a long time. Sure, you can unlock all of the available content, but you'll want to be coming back for more.

Although, keep in mind I'm sure it won't be AS popular as Halo 3 was, but still very popular.

I question your logic if you think Halo isn't like that. Look at Halo PC, even. It's still getting played a lot.

SSBB, I'm not knocking it. However, I don't see it having any more of an impact on PSU than Halo 3 did.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 6, 2007, 11:09 AM
LOL. SSBB wont even come close to taking people away from PSU as Halo 3 did. Either way they'll be back.

Lykos
Oct 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
Nobody "quit" PSU for Halo 3. You don't have to play only one game at a time. Most, if not all, have just gotten bored with Halo 3 for the moment (since again, most, if not all, have been playing it hardcore for a week and a half straight) and need a breath of a different kind of air. As for me, I'll play H3, once I feel like taking a break, play PSU. After I get bored of that, I'll go play H3 again. PSU is not an "infinite replay value" game as you think it is. The people who came back from H3 are going to go back to H3 whenever they feel like it. In fact, to me it seems like you were (and I know how silly this sounds) jealous of the attention that H3 was getting, and how it was sucking away at PSU's population. Just remember, not everybody is a fanboy like you, and will slave their life away at ONE GAME and not go to play any others.

Powder Keg
Oct 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
Online mode kinda sucks for Halo 3 right now. Unless you invite a friend or they invite you, you're thrown into a completely random game which is usually the same thing each time.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 6, 2007, 11:40 AM
Halo 3 got boring as soon as I got the 1000 achivement points for it. Random games are boing. Friend games are fun.

Lykos
Oct 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
That's why you invite 3 people and play Team Slayer or something on Matchmaking. The number one rule of Matchmaking, even on H2, was invite your friends or you're screwed. That is, unless you're playing FFA of course.

Zorak000
Oct 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
as soon as I finish perfecting my 2 forge maps and get my spratan vet badge, I will be back in full force. with a few excursions to play co-op

Turbobrain
Oct 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
I did'nt really notice the drop of myself.... also I think Halo3 was greatly over estimated. I have always liked Halo but for some reason I still have not got around to buying 3 yet. I guess there is only so much you can 'pu into' a FPS to make it exciting.... Halo 1 was new and different, the second the same with online fighting and the 3rd...????

BTW I still play the 1st 'online' using the Ytunnel, thats pretty cool.

What I never liked about Halo2 was a segment of the ppl who played it online.... the hacked ppl and the little idiot kids.... and I'd bet on Halo3 the former is coming and the later will be there already.

omegapirate2k
Oct 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
Halo 3 is an excellent way to spend time with friends while I'm away from PSU.

And my only personal gripe about halo 3 is the general playerbase, but that's easily remedied by having it set to only talk to my party, which is full of friends.

Other than that it is a massive improvement over halo 2.

BFGfreak
Oct 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Oh look at these simpletons, thinking that Halo 3 is just a game, little do they know the full story. Halo 3 is just one step in Bungie's goal for world domination, which by the way, they are just one step away from compleate world domination
Anyway's, PSU is my relaxing game, always has been. Chill out, stare at a hot chick, kill cute creatures, and wish they were voiced by Joe Staten. Even then, I still listen to O'Donnell's music instead of... um.... whatever type of music they use in PSU. I like both, so get over it, there will be people who will like both, even in my Halo clan. (funny story, I first met that clan while playing PSU.)

MrNomad
Oct 6, 2007, 12:53 PM
I think there will be a HUGE drop when SEGA rally revo comes out! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ok maybe not but its gonna be tight playing that online, already kinda got the knack for it on the demo

ThEoRy
Oct 6, 2007, 01:25 PM
so then why is one third of my friend list playing halo 3 now?

Alamar
Oct 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
I always thought that Halo was a "good" game. But there are games out of the same genre much much better. Not talking graphics or depth of play. I just was never a big Halo fanboy. It just seems overrated to me. I have played both of them my cousin has well all 3 now but I played the 1st two. It was a fun game in the beginning but it worn off fast. I like the game styles of Syphon Filter,Metal gear solid, Gears of war. Those are my style of game play. Just my thoughts on Halo. No hate from the "OMG halo rocks,are you stupid bunch." Just giving MHO on it.

Dragwind
Oct 6, 2007, 01:37 PM
Might as well rename this the "Halo 3" thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'll probably get it myself eventually, once I get enough time to get and play a 360 =

DavidNel
Oct 6, 2007, 01:56 PM
The main thing I liked about the Halo 3 online was the "who's playing" map. Lol @ Africa.

On topic:

Halo 3 is a casual game because you don't have to level up your character to be good. If you can squeeze the trigger fast, you are a good player. In PSU, you have to level up your character, get good weapons, and build up your skill.

Also, there are a lot better online FPSs out there. Call of Duty 2, Battlefiels 2, Counter Strike, etc.

ifiwetan
Oct 6, 2007, 02:07 PM
You must be one dedicated PSU fan for Halo 3 to bother you so much that you need to post/worry about who is doing what between the 2 games. Your optimism for PSU is so fake, Halo 3 blew this game out the water (however that doesnt mean I like it more than PSU).

zandra117
Oct 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
Halo 3 was fun but I began to hate it quickly, Bungie added more achievments to ranked matchmaking than they did campaign. Then they made it where you can only bring 4 people into a ranked matchmaking playlist unlike halo 2 where you could bring 5 or 6 people with you. Parties fill up too quicly and its hard to find someone to play with, especially if you got the game late like me. Alot of achievments require you to be at the top of the ranking list and so people will boot you from their party if you are a lower rank than them. In halo 2 people welcomed lower levels into their party because it meant they would get matched against easier opponents. Anyways halo 3 has an awesome map and gametype editor but I cant play any custom games with anyone because everyone is either achievment whoring or playing online coop.

ifiwetan
Oct 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
What im saying is, you need to be more honest about how PSU is not doing good at this time and continues to not do good atm (AotI should fluctuate that after a few updates however). Especially compared to other NEXT GEN games. :/

Lykos
Oct 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-10-06 11:56, DavidNel wrote:
The main thing I liked about the Halo 3 online was the "who's playing" map. Lol @ Africa.

On topic:

Halo 3 is a casual game because you don't have to level up your character to be good. If you can squeeze the trigger fast, you are a good player. In PSU, you have to level up your character, get good weapons, and build up your skill.

Also, there are a lot better online FPSs out there. Call of Duty 2, Battlefiels 2, Counter Strike, etc.

Saying all you have to do is pull the trigger fast to be good is exactly like saying all you have to do in PSU is mash the X and Y buttons. Saying PSU takes more skill than Halo (any of them) is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Truthfully, all you have to have to get good at PSU is time. Time to level up, time to hunt for weapons, etc. In Halo, you need quick reflexes, you need split-second decision making, and you have to have knowledge of the map and the weapons.

Remius
Oct 6, 2007, 03:28 PM
Halo 3 (or any halo) is only shortlived if

a) You suck
or
b) You dont have xbox live.

Halo is popular not because of its Campaign mode, but its extremely addictive and epic Multiplayer matches, be it online or splitscreen.

Smash bros wont have an impact on the community because it isnt that kind of game. For a few weeks it will, but Smashbrothers is nothing to cancel a subscription over. Why? Because its free.

Unless theres some Online Multiplayer adventure mode or something we havent heard of.

xennec
Oct 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-10-06 13:28, Remius wrote:

a) You suck
or

Halo is popular not because of its Campaign mode, but its extremely addictive and epic Multiplayer matches, be it online or splitscreen.

Smash bros wont have an impact on the community because it isnt that kind of game. For a few weeks it will, but Smashbrothers is nothing to cancel a subscription over. Why? Because its free.

Unless theres some Online Multiplayer adventure mode or something we havent heard of.

From what I've heard there is an online mode.

Lykos
Oct 6, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-10-06 13:33, xennec wrote:

On 2007-10-06 13:28, Remius wrote:

a) You suck
or

From what I've heard there is an online mode.

Knowing Nintendo though, you're going to have to scavenge around for friend codes before you actually play with someone.

xennec
Oct 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-10-06 13:35, Lykos wrote:

Knowing Nintendo though, you're going to have to scavenge around for friend codes before you actually play with someone.

true >.>

Friend codes is a horrible system but I know people who actually do scavenge for them.

Genoa
Oct 6, 2007, 03:50 PM
SSBB WILL take me away from PSU for a while. Sorry =/ but I can't get enough FREE FOR ALL!

I'll be on and off for sure, and I hear that there's been more Wii sales than Xbox360's. That's incredible seeing how much longer xbox360's been out before the Wii.
So, perhaps it will make a huge difference? We'll just have to see :>

A2K
Oct 6, 2007, 05:02 PM
This thread was marginally PSU-related at first, but...