PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: My first rant: Teams.

ShadowBeast
Oct 6, 2007, 10:49 AM
As angry as I am, I'll try not to swear and I won't be using any names so people can't flame me because that person is their friend or something. Anyway... So, yesterday I joined a team for the first time (second time if you include all the other MMO's I play, I usually play solo) and we did a mission I had never done before because I am new (GUARDIANS Neudaiz, collecting 20 samples, you know the one.) I knew the mission was going to go badly because the leader of the team was whiny and annoying before it even started though. So anyway, we started the mission and all was going well until we collected the 19th sample, we had 28 seconds left and apparently I hit a switch I shouldn't have... Well, instead of "Shadow, you shouldn't have done that, that switch didn't need to be hit" or something at least half-decent, I instead got hit with "Shadow, you f**king faggot, what the f**k did you do that for? F**k, you cost us 25 mission points and 2500 mesata" after which I was promptly booted from the team. Of course, the next team I joined were just as bad, I couldn't understand them through their mics despite having the music turned off and the volume up so I wound up dying while trying to help someone, I was told that I should have stayed back and shot them or something then booted from the team. So on the next team (earlier today) I joined I tried to follow the previous teams advice but of course they complained that I wasn't fighting and after another member died they kicked me out. And the final team I joined (about an hour ago) all talked on their mic so I couldn't understand a word of it (although one of the guys did something and suddenly his voice became clear) and at one point I got a little lost but rather than help me out they simply ran ahead and I could just about make out them talking about me being lost. So to all of you who have teamed with me, thank you... Thank you for reminding me why I play solo. Thank you for showing me just how badly new players are treated. But I'm not going to quit playing... I'll play with NPC's if I have to, and slowly I will raise my level, and then I will help teach new players.

I feel better now, gotta love a good rant.

P.S. I understand that I wasn't the best teammate but as you may guess, I'm new to the game, didnt play PSO or even the storyline of PSU, so I do take a little bit of the blame. Also, I understand that there are a few good players out there and that not everyone is an a**hole, but I'm sure the 5 players who aren't a**holes will have no problems with my rant, lmao. Just kidding, I know there's a lot of good players out there, my little brother got lucky and teamed with a great team, and I wanna thank a beast named Itachi for helping him out.

omegapirate2k
Oct 6, 2007, 11:49 AM
You just got halo'd.

ShadowBeast
Oct 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
Woohoo, well I just got out of a kick ass team, they tolerated my newbie mistakes and told me what I should and shouldn't do and now I have a pretty good idea of what I should be doing in that mission, so I wanna thank the people I teamed with, Solo Wing, Ana and Hunewearl, you guys rock and have given me some hope for teams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowBeast on 2007-10-09 09:49 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Oct 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
I joined a guild to get away from that kind of faggotry.

TimeswiperX
Oct 13, 2007, 02:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your first few experiences with playing with unhelpful teammates.
Sort of a horror story to be mindful of when I start playing with others. (Or whenever I go into Uni-1) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif