PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about returning... how is it right now?

Arcturus
Oct 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
I bought PSU the moment it was released, and played it for a month before I got tired of it. Two of the three worlds' bosses were exactly the same (the flying ogre things on Neudaiz and Moatoob... seriously, exactly the same, wtf Sonic Team), hacking and duping were already making appearances, and some things just didn't seem well done in general.

Well, that was quite a while ago. I'm sure plenty more material has been released. So, I have some questions.

1. I would be buying the 360 version. Seriously, are there still that many people playing, or is it hard to find people to group up with in some parts of the game?

2. Rares - how many are there now?

3. How's the hacking and duping? I hope it hasn't gotten any worse, although I know it must have.

4. Anything else I should know?

Convince me to buy it again, PSOW.

Dragwind
Oct 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
This is all info that can be found by simply reading around a bit. Just about all the content is released on the US servers for psu v.1. It's way more than double of what you saw back in the day.

Not sure about the amount of S ranks, but there's quite a few with tons more coming in AoI.

Hacking and duping are close to non existant now.

I think you should know that if you don't like the overall gameplay and feel you need to be "convinced" to play the game, maybe you shouldn't play it.

Crazy_Hunter
Oct 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
1) 360 usually has 1 or 2 Uni's full

2)Almost every 10 and 11* weapon is out

3)No hacking on PSU PC/PS2 that I know of

4)Pc/PS2 has gotten ALOT better since the hacking days.

DanMalak
Oct 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
I recently joined PSU after a long time ago on the pc, and I was suprised how much better it has gotten, there's no more hackers/hacked stuff.(well maybe a bit of hacked stuff but hard to find) max level is now 100, theres a good amount of rares, a couple for each class. I play on pc and theres still 2-1/2 to 4 stars on at a time. I heard that the xbox360 was more populated though.

oh and in a week or 2 there's the 1up cup event thing where it's really easy exp/drops or so I've been told http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Complex_Jao
Oct 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
1. I would be buying the 360 version. Seriously, are there still that many people playing, or is it hard to find people to group up with in some parts of the game? Most of the time u will have to go to seabed or HMS because most other places ar dead

2. Rares - how many are there now? There are many S-Ranks out...its just geting a party to do the run it drops on

3. How's the hacking and duping? I hope it hasn't gotten any worse, although I know it must have. The 360 has no hacking or duping that i know of. its kinda hard to hack a 360.

4. Anything else I should know? if u are starting out as a lv1 it will be hard to find someone to do runs with u

ashley50
Oct 6, 2007, 02:23 PM
it was your decision that you stopped playing PSU...and now you want other people's opinions to play it again?!

weird...

maybe you shouldn't play it at all and play another game.

Arcturus
Oct 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:19, Dragwind wrote:
This is all info that can be found by simply reading around a bit. Just about all the content is released on the US servers for psu v.1. It's way more than double of what you saw back in the day.

Not sure about the amount of S ranks, but there's quite a few with tons more coming in AoI.

I think you should know that if you don't like the overall gameplay and feel you need to be "convinced" to play the game, maybe you shouldn't play it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay. I liked it even more than PSO (which I worshipped). It's just that at the time, there was so little content and hackers were starting to screw things up. Everyone was saying that the economy was going to be ruined because of the rampant duping of meseta. But if there's a ton more content now, and the hackers are all but gone, then hello PSU! I just hope that 1-2 universes is enough people to allow me to always be able to play with people.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
Another thing you should know, 360 still has the death penalty if i remember right. That means you will lose your S ranking if you die mid mission. And people tend to get pissed off about it. For us PS2/PCer's, they took that out for us. So it will save you quite a lot of cash by not spending it on scapes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-10-06 12:28 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Oct 6, 2007, 02:37 PM
The 360 servers do have a lot more people. The PC/PS2 servers, at best, reach four full stars, somtimes four and a half, on Uni 02 at prime time. All other servers are half-stars. So that's at least 800~999 people on Uni 02, and anywhere from 1~199 people on the other servers.

The hacking spree really killed off the PC/PS2 population, I think.

Sega did manage to turn things around; they attempted to purge haxeta and hacked items, although the general consensus is that they didn't get it all. The PC/PS2 economy is a lot more stable than the dark months of winter, and meseta still has worth, however.

A few months ago one of the more notorious black hats went on another hacking spree. He was stopped by the Sega of America GMs and they've been in the process of restoring items, meseta, and goods players lost to him.

If it means anything, I've been confident enough to keep my shops open and earn money off drops I find in missions. Back in the hacking spree days I had closed down all my shops to protect myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-06 12:38 ]</font>

Crazy_Hunter
Oct 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:25, Arcturus wrote:

On 2007-10-06 12:19, Dragwind wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay. I liked it even more than PSO (which I worshipped). It's just that at the time, there was so little content and hackers were starting to screw things up. Everyone was saying that the economy was going to be ruined because of the rampant duping of meseta. But if there's a ton more content now, and the hackers are all but gone, then hello PSU! I just hope that 1-2 universes is enough people to allow me to always be able to play with people.

Even though the PS2/PC servers have 3 1/2 stars at peak hours, I find that thats more than enough people to play with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crazy_Hunter on 2007-10-06 12:40 ]</font>

Arcturus
Oct 6, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:37, F-Gattaca wrote:
The 360 servers do have a lot more people. The PC/PS2 servers, at best, reach four full stars, somtimes four and a half, on Uni 02 at prime time. All other servers are half-stars. So that's at least 800~999 people on Uni 02, and anywhere from 1~199 people on the other servers.

The hacking spree really killed off the PC/PS2 population, I think.

Sega did manage to turn things around; they attempted to purge haxeta and hacked items, although the general consensus is that they didn't get it all. The PC/PS2 economy is a lot more stable than the dark months of winter, and meseta still has worth, however.

A few months ago one of the more notorious black hats went on another hacking spree. He was stopped by the Sega of America GMs and they've been in the process of restoring items, meseta, and goods players lost to him.

If it means anything, I've been confident enough to keep my shops open and earn money off drops I find in missions. Back in the hacking spree days I had closed down all my shops to protect myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-06 12:38 ]</font>

Well, I just ordered the 360 version based on how you said there's more people there, and I also don't want to be paying for Xbox Live AND another subscription (being in college doesn't allow me to have too much money, heh).

Can't wait to get back to it.

Oh yeah, and one more question - what's the level cap now? And also, have Rangers been changed at all? They're my favorite class.

Xencia
Oct 6, 2007, 02:57 PM
You still need to pay for a Guardians License,though on the 360 I think you need to do it on the marketplace with microsoft points. Max level is 100 right now,and rangers themselves are pretty much the same,but we have the expanded classes open now,so you could pick from FighGunner,GunTecher,ForteGunner,or Protranser and have any flavor of ranger you like.

xennec
Oct 6, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:45, Arcturus wrote:

Well, I just ordered the 360 version based on how you said there's more people there, and I also don't want to be paying for Xbox Live AND another subscription (being in college doesn't allow me to have too much money, heh).

I may be wrong since I don't play on 360... but I thought that the players there DO have to pay for Xbox live and the PSU subscription.

FateOfTheArt
Oct 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
You only need Live Silver for PSU, not a paid Gold account.

Xencia
Oct 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well,yes,it's the same for FF11 on 360,the free Silver account for Xbox live is fine. But I'm assuming here that he'll want to play other 360 games online as well,and will need the paid Gold account for that.

FateOfTheArt
Oct 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
Hmm...point taken. I've got a gold account as I never know when I'll feel like playing a game online and I like some of the perks(early demos and whatnot).

Zorafim
Oct 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
Wait for the expansion to come out. I hear it doesn't suck as much.

Mayu
Oct 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:10, Arcturus wrote:
I bought PSU the moment it was released, and played it for a month before I got tired of it. Two of the three worlds' bosses were exactly the same (the flying ogre things on Neudaiz and Moatoob... seriously, exactly the same, wtf Sonic Team), hacking and duping were already making appearances, and some things just didn't seem well done in general.

Well, that was quite a while ago. I'm sure plenty more material has been released. So, I have some questions.

1. I would be buying the 360 version. Seriously, are there still that many people playing, or is it hard to find people to group up with in some parts of the game?

3. How's the hacking and duping? I hope it hasn't gotten any worse, although I know it must have.

1: Meh
2: Meh
3: Meh
4: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/treeborx/internet%20stuff/arrgghhhpa3.gif

But really, Lots of stuff came out -.-
1up is coming sooo free S ranks for you -.-
Other then that
Meh

relentless
Oct 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:10, Arcturus wrote:

1. Not that hard if you look right. =o Come to PC servers, silly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

2. A lot of shi* flying around all the missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

3. No, and no, and no you don't. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

4. You should know that we all would love to see you on the PC / Ps2 servers. <.<

McLaughlin
Oct 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-10-06 12:57, Xencia wrote:
You still need to pay for a Guardians License,though on the 360 I think you need to do it on the marketplace with microsoft points. Max level is 100 right now,and rangers themselves are pretty much the same,but we have the expanded classes open now,so you could pick from FighGunner,GunTecher,ForteGunner,or Protranser and have any flavor of ranger you like.

No, you use money. You can't pay with Microsoft Points. However, you only need Silver to play. Meaning that you'd only need to pay the sub for PSU.

Arcturus
Oct 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Well, I do have a paid Gold account, so I guess I'm covered there. Sorry Sekai, but I must stick with the 360. I have a Mac anyway.