PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty

Achaiah191
Oct 6, 2007, 03:59 PM
Ok so I heard that the death penalty is still on the Xbox 360 version, does that mean that if your NPC partners die you also lose rank? Or is that a different thing?
Also, are there plans to take out the death penalty for Xbox players also? I think its kinda lame they would only do it for PC/PS2 and not Xbox..

relentless
Oct 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm on the other side but.. yeah, having Death Penalty means if you or one of your mates (including NPC) dies without scape (NPC = 100%) then you will lose a rank.

And dunno, Microsoft is lazy?

Achaiah191
Oct 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
So we don't know if they plan on removing the death penalty or not?

Midicronica
Oct 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, if your NPCs die, you lose rank. No on knows when they're going to release the patch. Stuff like the death patch has to have some verification through Microsoft. The sooner they get it to us the better.

Achaiah191
Oct 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
So they DO plan on doing it, we just dont know when?

Midicronica
Oct 6, 2007, 04:06 PM
Yes.

Achaiah191
Oct 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
Ah, well thats not so bad then. Just be patient I guess.

BFGfreak
Oct 6, 2007, 04:19 PM
Although sometimes I wonder if it is Microsoft backlog, after all, we are caught up with the PC player's in every other aspect, and when the PC people get a new level, we get it at the same time. After all, what feature's besides the Death Penalty does the PC people have that we don't?

A2K
Oct 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
Bear in mind it's only an assumption that certification is solely responsible for the delay. There might be other unique challenges in patching the Xbox 360 client.

Otis_Kat
Oct 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
Wow, the first thing I thought of when I read this topic's title was the 8th Amendment and not PSU.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

buzyb77
Oct 6, 2007, 05:26 PM
A2K... odds are your Correct. I think that when the Expantion comes out For the 360 Alot of the Chages that will Be updated only if you Buy/download the new Client. (on the PS2/ PC) those that don't buy the Expantion will see Chages eaiser on their Side... The 360 is really Diffcult to update the Version .. ( think we still have Like 1.012V(please look at and correct if wrong as I am not @ home...) that is on the 360 now But when the DLC/Version 2.0 comes out I think they will be adding (or they Should be adding an eaiser to patch Client.

Kimil
Oct 6, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-10-06 14:19, BFGfreak wrote:
Although sometimes I wonder if it is Microsoft backlog, after all, we are caught up with the PC player's in every other aspect, and when the PC people get a new level, we get it at the same time. After all, what feature's besides the Death Penalty does the PC people have that we don't?

Well, This isn't the first time M$ have done this. Back in the beginning of PSU, there was the glitch, the "board glitch' where it was possible to use a synthing board infinite times.

The 360 Servers received this patch some time after ours.

Golto
Oct 6, 2007, 08:38 PM
I think NA/EU pc/ps2 is ver 1.015 now fyi.

zandra117
Oct 6, 2007, 08:45 PM
I just looked through all of clumsyorchid, chillaura, and eggshen's posts on the official boards and they made no posts about the patch or any patches having to be certified by Microsoft. That was made up by a player.

eggshen wrote:
it basically comes down to a decision by the designers of what the game is/is not supposed to have.

if they decide its unneccessary, it most likely wont happen. if they decide its something the game needs, they might work on it.

until then though, theres really nothing going on and not much to discuss.

It seems that sonicteam didn't think about the 360 version when they made the patch and thus no patch was made for us 360ers. We got shafted again...

We will probably eventually get the patch as part of the upgrade to AOI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-10-06 18:46 ]</font>

The_Gio
Oct 7, 2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe they decided to cut us PC/PS2 Player some slack since we have less than half of ur population.

Ithildin
Oct 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
I think they should have kept the penalty but maybe dropped the price of scapedolls? Certainly for 360 anyway. I think its ridiculous the amount of meseta you have to spend on them, especially if you are just starting out on the game.

DavidNel
Oct 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
I think the microsoft company doesn't want to fix the death penalty because of the huge ammount of people playing Halo 3 right now. Face it, in terms of money, Halo 3 just makes more money. It's sad, but it does make marketing sense.

eightball
Oct 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
It is true that Halo 3 makes them more money...but in the long scheme of things...Microsoft's revenue barely budges from their xbox sales and video game sales

-Tidus_415-
Oct 7, 2007, 06:58 PM
Why does everyone use Halo 3 as a excuse for anything PSU related. Even if its good or bad...WTF!

darthplagis
Oct 8, 2007, 09:17 AM
eggshen wrote:
it basically comes down to a decision by the designers of what the game is/is not supposed to have.

if they decide its unneccessary, it most likely wont happen. if they decide its something the game needs, they might work on it.

until then though, theres really nothing going on and not much to discuss.

LOL its cos we XBOX gamers are hardcore and dont need a nanny to guide us through a level giving us S ranks if we die. hehehe

but seriously it sux that we dont have it but then if you die or bot dies you are not a good team so the S rank is not deserved, PSU is way too easy anyway

CelestialBlade
Oct 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
On 2007-10-07 14:51, DavidNel wrote:
I think the microsoft company doesn't want to fix the death penalty because of the huge ammount of people playing Halo 3 right now. Face it, in terms of money, Halo 3 just makes more money. It's sad, but it does make marketing sense.

That has absolutely nothing to do with PSU, much less this particular issue. I'm pretty sick of Halo 3 being the eternal scapegoat, myself.

By the way, PC/PS2 got this patch long before Halo 3 came out, further invalidating your argument.