PDA

View Full Version : AotI: OK, so...

Sekani
Oct 7, 2007, 01:50 PM
We have higher-level jobs and characters, more powerful classes, more powerful weapons, more powerful photon arts, and apparently meseta and EXP come without even trying. Basically it sounds like the expansion pretty much gives us all the equivalent of superpowers, right?

However, it seems that the enemies haven't gotten any stronger. Actually, from most accounts, they've gotten weaker; lower hit points, less resistance to status effects, reduced hit boxes, and they move slower.

Any idea exactly what we're supposed to use all our new toys on? If we're just fighting the same dumb SEED-rejects with more levels and no new tricks, this expansion is gonna get really boring, really fast.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well, the new AoI missions have level 100 enemies on S (and no currently available S2), so it's quite possible we'll see much more difficult things in the future.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
well, they did add a bunch of new monsters, some bosses and stuff...

THE JACKEL

ThEoRy
Oct 7, 2007, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Mode?
Or if you prefer to call them S3-S5 missions?

majan
Oct 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
well,look at it this way:
apparently,there will eventually be up to 15 star rares(someone had a screen shot of an item with over 12 stars,dont remember when/who) so if the drop charts follow the current trend,lets see how it should pan out:

every 20 leveles theres a new set of drops for enemies...
level 80-99 enemies (mostly) drops 9* items or boards.
level 100-119 enemies drop 10* stuff
100-119 bosses drop 11* stuff
that would mean...
level 120-139 enemies will drop 11*
120-139 bosses drop 12* stuff.
so on,so forth

I think this is the type of trend we can expect to see and if it continues,in order to have 15* gear,that would have to mean level 200+ enemies,which,no matter how bad they nerf enemies,those will probably be pretty tough.they cant just keep bumping up the level cap and stats for all the players and leave the difficulty level the same.the game would get old and stale rather quickly and thats probably a quick way to lose players.down the line Id expect some pretty intense missions with monsters that may make us weep a little.

Im sure new bosses will be a bitch,too

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 7, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-10-07 12:09, majan wrote:

No. As far as we know, the 10* board drops might be for level 100-200. Level 120 Zamvapas still drops Deva-zashi. Level 120 Carriguine still drop Carriguiruc. Level 120 Darbelan still drops Ank Dedda.

On the flip side, end-mission boxes in new AoI missions drop premade 10* weapons.

Menochi
Oct 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
koumajiri, the 'gaozoran clone' hits hard with barta, and also any knockup attacks cause him to fade out and warp elsewhere. Just because the game is one way now doesn't mean that the enemies won't get harder/better.

Shishi-O
Oct 7, 2007, 02:57 PM
super powered sounds great

prefab weps even better

smarter faster enemies....weren't the majority of people complaining about LL s2 enemies being too fast.

dessert terror being too oppressive.

they already had to tone down the enemies/ gimp levels for the whiners, this upgrade of gear and job levels, may be to cope with putting things back the way they were

Sekani
Oct 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-10-07 12:28, Menochi wrote:
koumajiri, the 'gaozoran clone' hits hard with barta, and also any knockup attacks cause him to fade out and warp elsewhere. Just because the game is one way now doesn't mean that the enemies won't get harder/better.

Stuff like this gives me something to look forward to, thanks.

majan
Oct 8, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-10-07 12:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

No. As far as we know, the 10* board drops might be for level 100-200. Level 120 Zamvapas still drops Deva-zashi. Level 120 Carriguine still drop Carriguiruc. Level 120 Darbelan still drops Ank Dedda.

On the flip side, end-mission boxes in new AoI missions drop premade 10* weapons.

I'm not entirely sure that will hold up.most of those are monster-specific drops,where above level 100,they have a set drop thats specific to them,the same way other monsters have item types that they drop.another example of what you are talking about is bil de vears,which have a special S rank drop:bil de axe,obviously.
but heres examples of the rest of the normal drops that seem to have been growing with monster level
vandas = every 20 monster levels = higher rank shotgun
olgohmons = every 20 monster levels = higher rank wand
vahras = every 20 monster levels = better twin sabers...
kog nadds..spears..
jishagras..knux...

darbelans are rare monsters which usually have a specific thing that they drop,only.in this case,dedda.good thing noone really seems to care about ank dedda cus its only available in a handful of places.

sure my theory is merely that:a theory,but I dont think what you mentioned applies to most of the monsters that are kinda following this trend.if you want to see it yourself,check the PSOW-hosted 'drop charts' and see how every 20 levls or so as you pass level 50.you are right about the zamvapas though.maybe they have this system in place for only certain item types.

besides,think about it,how the hell would we be able to get 12* and above weapons?they have to have some kind of system in place that governs what drops what,and if it is going to follow the system in place now,in order for 12*+ stuff to be dropping wed be lookin at some pretty crazy shit.

this has gone slightly off topic,but basically I think that its clear evidence that if we are going to have up to 15* items(bear in mind,we havent even seen 12* items besides kubara rares) then there has to be some kinda tough enemies that drop said items.whether its enemies we havent seen yet and will in the expansion,or jacked versions of the ones we face now(even after all the nerfs and fixes AoI will bring),something of higher level has to drop the higher level stuff we can attain.

higher level monsters = higher difficulty. higher difficulty = balanced gameplay. so no,I dont think the game is going to get so out of hand with just giving us all these stat bonuses and ill weapons(which obviously Im excited about as much as everybody else) but the game has got to be balanced too,which i think it will be,and assume so becuase if all this new shit will be dropping,then there has to be new challenges associated with it...common sense.

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 04:42 PM

stuff

No.

You realize how rude that is, don't you?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
Me? Just trying to make a factual correction, is that a crime?

Anyway, majan, no, drops under 100 change every ten levels. While I'm fairly certain they will change somewhere above 100 (150 possibly), the same thing drops at level 120 as level 100. No, those aren't special drops, they are simply the regular rare drop (for the examples I gave earlier).

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
Superpowers? I already have those. When no one else is in my party, all the enemies instantly die. It's because I've got mind bullets.

But yes, the extreme upgrades that we are all getting does seem to make the game a lot less chalenging. Then again, it's not like ST is FORCING you to equipt the good, new items.

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 04:58 PM
It's a blatant contradiction. If you want to state factual corrections, do so using facts. I'm sure you can find a smoother way to do it.

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 05:03 PM
Zorafim, you seem really argumentitive today... This is the second thread I've seen you do this.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-10-08 14:58, Zorafim wrote:
It's a blatant contradiction. If you want to state factual corrections, do so using facts. I'm sure you can find a smoother way to do it.

Oh, facts? Hmmm.....let me see......oh, here they are:

Level 120 Zamvapas still drops Deva-zashi. Level 120 Carriguine still drop Carriguiruc. Level 120 Darbelan still drops Ank Dedda.

Someone wake up on the wrong side of the seafloor today?

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
Six hours of sleep and exam week. Beyond that, none of my homework assignments make any sense.
Besides, the rudeness of some poster's statements are really getting to me.

On 2007-10-08 15:07, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Great, use those without the unnecessary contradictions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-10-08 15:11 ]</font>

Xaeris
Oct 8, 2007, 05:14 PM
Zorafim instructing on the importance of omitting unnecessary remarks in a reply? ...Ha ha...

PALRAPPYS
Oct 8, 2007, 05:25 PM
You never know what a lv121 enemy will drop now, do you?

Zer0_ConvoY
Oct 8, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-10-08 15:25, PALRAPPYS wrote:
You never know what a lv121 enemy will drop now, do you?

espically since everything else in this game has major changes on the 1, not the 0, like PAs, also, with any luck, its weaker enemies with more enemies per spawn, since I really find it lame that most times the biggest spawn of enemies is equal to the max party size, 6 poltys vs 6 of us is kinda meh

RikaPSOW
Oct 8, 2007, 08:51 PM
I thought in AOI the drops are changed in the AOI only areas. Such as lower than 100 lvl monsters droping completed S ranks.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 08:52 PM
The only place I've seen completed S-Ranks drop is boss boxes ;<

majan
Oct 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-10-08 15:09, Zorafim wrote:
Six hours of sleep and exam week. Beyond that, none of my homework assignments make any sense.
Besides, the rudeness of some poster's statements are really getting to me.

On 2007-10-08 15:07, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Great, use those without the unnecessary contradictions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-10-08 15:11 ]</font>

thanks I guess but chill out,if Im wrong Id rather not go on for another month before the game comes out thinking the wrong shit.

that makes sense then if its every 10 levels.for 9*'s,its 80-99 though.whtaever,who realyl gives a damn in the end.the point I was trying to make is that if were going to see such high ranked items there has to be high enough ranked enemies to drop them,which will probably mean some tough assholes we will be fighting later in the game,thus negating the 'superpowers' it seems were getting now.they wont seem so super eventually when the expansion really gets crankin.

I hope.

besides,look at how things got in PSO...there were easy areas,and hard areas. no matter what the hell you were packin,it was a pain in the balls to make it through ultimate seabed online.control tower?lets not even get started.

bring back the Ill Gills is what I say.