PDA

View Full Version : gravity break PP consumption?

majan
Oct 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
how is gravity break?word on the street was that it was a little harsh in this department,and as an hpc user that makes a bit of difference,so if anyones been using it and can offer a little help that would be just fabulous

anything else regarding new ultimate art PP consumption thats worth mentioning would be cool too

beatrixkiddo
Oct 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
It's 20pp on a Fortefighter, regardless of level.

I think.

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2007, 04:19 PM
Pretty damn harsh. Considering sword's PP recovery and PP max, along with the speed of the PA, you won't be using it long. Hell, I say this when I have a PP save unit.

Also, its ata is terrible.

Mayu
Oct 7, 2007, 04:37 PM
20 20 20

or 60 full combo

for 9 billion dmg

but Majira can do the same for less PP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Meh

Lamak
Oct 7, 2007, 04:39 PM
Majarra, dambarta for Fighters.

Crazy_Hunter
Oct 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-10-07 14:19, Zorafim wrote:
Pretty damn harsh. Considering sword's PP recovery and PP max, along with the speed of the PA, you won't be using it long. Hell, I say this when I have a PP save unit.

Also, its ata is terrible.

Gravity Break is not as bad a lvl 21 Anga Jabroga. 48PP, 38PP with save unit, and takes forever to charge for the attack.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 7, 2007, 05:05 PM
Gravity Break also doesn't do nearly as much damage as Jabroga.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
Although, thats only when you're fighting an enemy with many attack areas (AKA bosses). With 1 on 1, Gravity Break wins.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 7, 2007, 05:11 PM
Potential is everything when it comes to balance. Using Penetrating Hit on a single enemy isn't as powerful as using Burning Hit, but it costs more. Why? Potential damage output.

Although the penetrating bullets kind of suck anyway, just an example. :>

Phoenix_Black
Oct 7, 2007, 05:26 PM
Wait til pp recovery in AoI.

Rashiid
Oct 7, 2007, 05:27 PM
wait wait; so all the hype for Gravity Break; and now no one uses it??

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
Who says nobody uses it? It's still the only good looking sword DPS PA. It just doesn't last long (more time with weapons I actually like, I suppose).

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 7, 2007, 10:34 PM
Well, I capped Gravity Break with a HPC equipped, so..it CAN get rough, but when you notice how much damage you're doing, you tend to forget about the PP consumption :3

60PP for a full combo (without HPC)
90PP for a full combo (with HPC)

I like the art, personally. I've swapped Tornado Break with it on all of my Caliburns.

So, anyway..yeah. I hope this helps or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Oct 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-10-07 15:27, Rashiid wrote:
wait wait; so all the hype for Gravity Break; and now no one uses it??

Well

I use it at times

But Majira is just

I like majira too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-10-07 20:34, Kikumaru wrote:
Well, I capped Gravity Break with a HPC equipped, so..it CAN get rough, but when you notice how much damage you're doing, you tend to forget about the PP consumption :3

60PP for a full combo (without HPC)
90PP for a full combo (with HPC)

I like the art, personally. I've swapped Tornado Break with it on all of my Caliburns.

So, anyway..yeah. I hope this helps or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

90PP for a full combo? That's four uses of it, tops. Jeesh, I'll stick with my 45PP gravity breaks, thank you very much.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 8, 2007, 03:39 AM
tornado break isn't useless. I still make it work. in AoI, it hits 4 enemies at all times - and that's pretty cool.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 8, 2007, 03:44 AM
Just because I stated that I swapped out Tornado Break with Gravity Break doesn't mean I think Tornado Break is useless now >.>

I just like Gravity Break more (yay for big numbers :3). I can hit up to six enemies (two off the first combo, two off the second, and two off the third) dealing anywhere from 1,700 - 3,800 (my highest is 3,810 on a critical) on a single enemy (or two at a time on the second or third combo) and I like that more than swinging at groups and hitting three on the first and second combo, then four on the third.

Anyway, if the comment wasn't directed towards me about the switch, then excuse this post.

Rashiid
Oct 8, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-10-07 19:17, Zorafim wrote:
Who says nobody uses it? It's still the only good looking sword DPS PA. It just doesn't last long (more time with weapons I actually like, I suppose).

what i ment by that was -

everyone used to say 'im gonna spamx0rz Gravity Break for my LOLBIGNUMBAZ all tha timze!'

now its ' yeah i use it occasionally....'

but as from tha other d00d; tha PP Regain will change that im sure.

RadiantLegend
Oct 8, 2007, 11:18 AM
2 targets : Gravity break
>2 : Majarra
4+ : Jabroga
(fF + PP save = Win)
Thats how I roll.

Xencia
Oct 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'm loving Gravity Break,my sword user is my Protranser,and it's the only time I ever feel like I'm doing really good damage. My Grenades are way more useful,but yet to see them do over 1000(Excluding Dragon Bombing).
The PP thing is annoying,25 per combo for me. I bring 4 swords,and swap them as they empty,before starting on the photon charges. I don't use them as much as a pure fighter would,since sometimes it's just more helpful to grenade shuffle the enemies into the corner for everyone's safety. So I generally only use a couple charges on swords per mission.

biggabertha
Oct 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
It only costs 20PP per combo to use on a Fortefighter?! Ah damnit.. I so leveled it up on the wrong class (Protranser). Still, it's nice being able to see big numbers for almost the same amount of PP spent as Anga Redda.

So, Fortefigher + Skill save unit = 15PP per combo = 45PP for the full combo? Oh man... I so need to be a Fortefighter...

Cracka_J
Oct 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
ya FF got much better with those 3 new pa's. ragolismine pretty much nailed it with how you should divide up the usage between the 3. a beast with a grinded a or s weapon should be nailing around 3000 for crits, 1000-2000 for normal hits of the pa. multiply that by the 4 hits of the pa and you are doing some sick damage for 60pp or whatever. imo a very good investment.