PDA

View Full Version : So tired of the Seabed!

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
All people do is Lab Recovery. PSO was better at switching things up by using a lobby system with all of the missions right at the counter without having to travel anywhere. Unfortunately for PSU, nobody goes anywhere but Parum. I'm setting up a Valley of Carnage S2 right now, but it's taking a long time. Just wish Sonic Team would give incentives to go to other planets.

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
This will hopefully improve with the expansion since people will be able to warp to any of the areas instantly. Although with the size of the population on PC/PS2 I can't say if this is actually a good thing since everyone will be scattered all over the place.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
What's the population like on the PC/PS2 server? I'm on Xbox 360. Right now just the first universe is full and the second almost full (Halo 3's fault, usually 2nd's full and 3rd is half).

DavidNel
Oct 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
The PC/PS2 servers are JUST hitting 4 stars in Uni 2... And yes, scattering might be a problem for the PC with the expansion. On the other hand, the expansion will also draw some new people in. Well just have to wait and see.

DanMalak
Oct 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-10-07 14:55, DavidNel wrote:
The PC/PS2 servers are JUST hitting 4 stars in Uni 2... And yes, scattering might be a problem for the PC with the expansion. On the other hand, the expansion will also draw some new people in. Well just have to wait and see.

and when he says 4 stars on Uni 2, that means uni 1 is empty, but uni at peak hours is 4 stars.

I dont know why we go in Uni 2 instead of universe 1, but I remember a long time ago when there was hacks going around that sometimes they closed a seperate server/universe, so people would switch, but I doubt that would still be it. It was a long time ago.

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-10-07 14:55, DavidNel wrote:

In other words we need a server merge somewhere... I'm willing to follow Japanese players and shine their shoes just so I can have some interaction at this point, LOL

On 2007-10-07 14:57, DanMalak wrote:
I dont know why we go in Uni 2 instead of universe 1, but I remember a long time ago when there was hacks going around that sometimes they closed a seperate server/universe, so people would switch, but I doubt that would still be it. It was a long time ago.

That's correct according to what I heard, universe 1 used to go down so much that people got sick of it and decided to stick to universe 2 instead. Some random PSU trivia right there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-07 15:01 ]</font>

DavidNel
Oct 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, a server merge would be great. It might bring some more people in too. I know my friend would buy the game if the servers were merged. He's got a 360, I have a PC. His PC sucks, mine doesn't.

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-10-07 15:00, DavidNel wrote:
Yeah, a server merge would be great. It might bring some more people in too. I know my friend would buy the game if the servers were merged. He's got a 360, I have a PC. His PC sucks, mine doesn't.

Sorry but Xbox 360 Voice Chat enabled Version will never merge with the Text only version due to banwith and Xbox Live restrictions.....

Hey I have an Idea join your Friend on the 360 (btw don't own a 360 get one) and Chat while you both Play and when the event Starts next weex you can Show him the Ropes and LVL up Crazy Fast!!!

But Yea Xbox 360 Servers Can't merge with PC/PS2 Servers as it is a Coding Issue...FFXI is on all 3 but MS had to Accept a Voice Free Version...And Really Bad Visuals (btw SDTV here)unopitmized controls and typing on with a Contoller in hand is a bit hard i you don't want folds to Die

CelestialBlade
Oct 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
Good luck clearing that with Microsoft. But yes, it would be wonderful.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
Lol @ people still doing Labs.

True Darkness S > Labs S2 in every way except exp.

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 06:27 PM
What's the level requirement for True Darkness S?

-Tidus_415-
Oct 7, 2007, 06:28 PM

Rizen
Oct 7, 2007, 06:30 PM
Seabed need more Olga Flow.

Remedy
Oct 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:30, Rizen wrote:
Seabed need more Olga Flow.And Sinows that show up out of FUCKING NOWHERE and are all like "lol sup". Don't forget them.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2007, 06:35 PM
Wow, I can't believe the 360 has more players. Even the Japanese put Uni 16 at one full star (200+ people), but they usually play with us on universe 1.

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 06:37 PM
Wait, the Japanese play on the same server as Americans on the 360? *confused*

Rizen
Oct 7, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lets not forget our favorite delbiters!

Syl
Oct 7, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:37, Wallin wrote:

Just for 360. PC/PS2 is the main server on JP though lol.

Remedy
Oct 7, 2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, because there's not enough players to justify segregated servers for the 360 as well, or so the story goes.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2007, 06:42 PM

Yeah, everybody on 360 no matter where you are play together.

Remedy
On 2007-10-07 16:40, Rizen wrote:
Lets not forget our favorite delbiters!

Once you get 800 or more HP, they're not a threat anymore, just an annoyance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

buzyb77

Xbox 360...World Wide Servers

PS2/PC.....JP Servers
....Rest of the World Servers

Yes we see JP Players on the 360 and German and English and French and anyone else who Has a 360 Copy of PSU

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
Is it really so far-fetched then to see the PC/PS2 servers for the Japanese and U.S. merged?

Edit: Sorry for going completely off-topic! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-07 16:43 ]</font>

Syl
Oct 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:43, Wallin wrote:
Is it really so far-fetched then to see the PC/PS2 servers for the Japanese and U.S. merged?

Edit: Sorry for going completely off-topic! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Probably. I mean, they ARE like a couple months ahead of us in terms of updates >_>

Remedy
Oct 7, 2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah, it is. If they wouldn't for PSO GC, XBox, or BB... there's no hope for PSU, sadly.

Wallin
Oct 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:44, SylviaEspada wrote:

Probably. I mean, they ARE like a couple months ahead of us in terms of updates >_>

Yeah, but I'm certainly not asking the Japanese to wait for us, and I sure don't mind getting 2 months worth of updates all at once here, LOL. It's just a thought anyway. I suppose I'm getting a little disheartened that all I can do right now is run the new co-op mission over and over because that's the only hotspot. -_-

Edit: Actually no, scratch that, it would be impossible obviously because the time difference is due to translation issues. Maybe it's just time to play the 360 then...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-07 16:48 ]</font>

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 06:46 PM

that would mean that Sega would Allow the rest of the world to Catch up to the JP servers...

Think about this for a sec All the other Servers ATm are on a different time table than the JP servers..if they Did Allow the PS2/PC servers to catch up the they would have to allow the Xbox servers to do the same..and JP co Love their JP players..

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
Sorry I Doubt Sega Would Like that Sudden Catch up...If they Didn't Do it For their Xbox 360 JP Players then I doubt they would do it For anyone else.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:48, buzyb77 wrote:
Sorry I Doubt Sega Would Like that Sudden Catch up...If they Didn't Do it For their Xbox 360 JP Players then I doubt they would do it For anyone else.

Yeah they have the exact same content as we do.

But I think people are forgetting about PSO Dreamcast! EU, NA, and JP servers were all separate, but we could switch to them if we wanted to. JP always had more content on their servers too, but it was all in JP.

buzyb77
Oct 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-10-07 16:56, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

On 2007-10-07 16:48, buzyb77 wrote:

Yeah they have the exact same content as we do.

But I think people are forgetting about PSO Dreamcast! EU, NA, and JP servers were all separate, but we could switch to them if we wanted to. JP always had more content on their servers too, but it was all in JP.

and Sega Keeps Fogetting it's now 2007....no2 1997 or 1980....

mvffin
Oct 8, 2007, 08:13 AM
i'm tired of seabed too, i've done true darkness runs almost all day and im getting tired of that. i actually did some mad creatures runs today lol. I wish more ppl still played rainbow beast. so many good drops there.

PJ
Oct 8, 2007, 08:18 AM
On 2007-10-07 16:45, Remedy wrote:
Yeah, it is. If they wouldn't for PSO GC, XBox, or BB... there's no hope for PSU, sadly.

UUM?

I remember quite distinctley going to Alycyone 6 to play Challenge Mode with the Japanese players... I must have hacked. Along with every other English challenge mode player.

GreenArcher
Oct 8, 2007, 08:20 AM
PSO GC had EU, NA, and JP servers as separate ships but you could always switch to them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-10-08 06:20 ]</font>

guise709
Oct 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
yeah thats too bad good thing i got a party who does missions with s rank wep drops and not for money.

Rashiid
Oct 8, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-10-08 06:27, guise709 wrote:
yeah thats too bad good thing i got a party who does missions with s rank wep drops and not for money.

o.0??

Lies n SLaNNder!!!!!!

OldCoot
Oct 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
As long as players see Seabed as a quick way to level and gain meseta, it will always be Seabed. I hear it all the time. "Oh, I am so close to 55 then I can go to Seabed and become uber real quick then. "

Seabed was fun in its day, but with so many other and better missions now, I have no desire to do it.

Please return from the darkside, and discover the whole wealth of other missions out there. It is not too late. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BahnKnakyu
Oct 8, 2007, 12:01 PM
Part of the reason why X360 players do Seabed is because it's a faster and easier way to gain meseta. This is the same reason why they were spamming Neudaiz during Firebreak (a greater portion of their population was in Neudaiz compared to the rest of Moatoob vs. the PC/PS2 population, which was doing the harder Parum firebreak missions). Because of the haxeta in the PC/PS2 economy, there's less reason to spam missions for meseta and more to play the ones that give a ton of exp and drops (which does not always equate to a lot of meseta).

At least that's what I figured. I'm surprised the X360 population hasn't moved on to True Darkness. After the next new mission came out after Lab Recovery it more or less went dead.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
True Darkness has Megid, so you can't mindlessly clear it! And a boss!

drizzle
Oct 8, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-10-08 10:01, BahnKnakyu wrote:
At least that's what I figured. I'm surprised the X360 population hasn't moved on to True Darkness. After the next new mission came out after Lab Recovery it more or less went dead.

Well that one's easy to explain; they still have the death penalty. Fakis can kill a low HP techer 4 or more times easily with 1-hit kills, and with a 20k meseta reward it costs money to run it.

Golto
Oct 8, 2007, 12:12 PM
You can't use the hacked meseta excuse anymore for the reason why 360 are still doing Lab and pc/ps2 is not. Even new players with very low meseta are not doing Lab on pc/ps2. At any given time on all the universes you will be lucky to see 2 Lab parties on pc/ps2. Pc/ps2 are more concerned about drops and not money plain and simple.

majan
Oct 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
lets break this down.

lab recovery S2: 159 mission points and 18150 meseta,2x pa frags reward.
level 80 monsters
some maps can be done in 8-10 mins or even less.
on average,you can expect 9-10k experience per run in a fast party,at least 10-12k in a slower party.
it is very,very easy to gain a party.

name me another mission in the game that offers this much at the same time.sure maybe there are one or 2 missions that can compete but it it happens to be a pain in the ass to get parties there.less parties=slower runs.lab recovery still wins.

there is one and only one downside to lab recovery:lack of serious drops.no S ranks,and nothing really to speak of outside of 9* thunder cannons and katsuno zashi boards.people who are too low or weak or are not equipped to hunt S ranks have no better place to accomplish everything in one shot.

hell,I'm all for mixing it up and everything,but lab recovery accomplishes a hell of a lot for you.also,it has better music than many other missions in the game,I think at least.its not like Im endorsing lab recovery as the only thing everybody should do,but it is a very viable resource to be taken advantage of.

ShynForce
Oct 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
Im sick of labs also i play on the X360 but like someone previously said the reason why people do labs all the time because its easy and fast money and Pfrags. People are power hungry if they can earn meseta without barely using any mates or scapes *unless you get megid* they will do that mission till the end of time.

I must admit when i first turned lv55 i was excited to finally go to labs and see how people afford all the weapons and such. With labs i was able to make my PM and such upgrade my equipment drastically with Aranks. IMO i see nothing wrong with labs if your between lv55-70 but after that i wouldn't bother. Like the previous person said its about finding a party and you can always go to labs and get a party while if you go somewhere else you usually get kicked out for no reason because there with friends or they do one or two runs and leave.

Me my cousin and my friend do True Darkness by ourself on Srank its fun as hell but it takes us about 15-20min mainly killing dark falz is the long part. I would love to do rainbow beast or grove of fanactics or desert terror 2 etc but if i try to go over there and get a random party i either get kicked out for no reason since there with friends and prolly dont want some random guy to get there Srank. Labs IMO is for lv55-70 maybe even 80 if i was lv90+ i wouldnt even be at labs I'll be at true darkness doing that on S2 or try to solo desert terror or something. I can do labs with my eyes close.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShynForce on 2007-10-08 13:20 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Oct 8, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-10-08 10:47, majan wrote:
lets break this down.

lab recovery S2: 159 mission points and 18150 meseta,2x pa frags reward.
level 80 monsters
some maps can be done in 8-10 mins or even less.
on average,you can expect 9-10k experience per run in a fast party,at least 10-12k in a slower party.
it is very,very easy to gain a party.

name me another mission in the game that offers this much at the same time.sure maybe there are one or 2 missions that can compete but it it happens to be a pain in the ass to get parties there.less parties=slower runs.lab recovery still wins.

there is one and only one downside to lab recovery:lack of serious drops.no S ranks,and nothing really to speak of outside of 9* thunder cannons and katsuno zashi boards.people who are too low or weak or are not equipped to hunt S ranks have no better place to accomplish everything in one shot.

hell,I'm all for mixing it up and everything,but lab recovery accomplishes a hell of a lot for you.also,it has better music than many other missions in the game,I think at least.its not like Im endorsing lab recovery as the only thing everybody should do,but it is a very viable resource to be taken advantage of.

Somewhere along the way, people forget that games are about having fun and not about big numbarz

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 06:37 PM
Some people have fun via rewards. To these people, getting a level faster than usual is more pleasurable than playing a mission they like. I myself am glad I'm out of Labs, I couldn't stand it. HIVE is much more entertaining.

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
True, I played Lab Recovery for about 10 hours straight yesterday. I've gone from 62-67 in two days and made almost a million meseta.