PDA

View Full Version : High level does not mean you have authority.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 7, 2007, 06:03 PM
It is the few individuals that for some reason believe that a high level equates to godliness. That is just a irrational as saying that an older person is actually "mature"... Hopefully we all know that this is seldom the case. So to those few that actually believe they may know it all because they had the free time to do runs non-stop to gain their levels, get bent. Only because you can do a run over and over again it does not make you a guru of anything.

Even today for the first time I had to boot a level 83 Fortecher from my team. Why? Not because he wasn't casting any buff techniques. Not because he ran away from the rest of the group to go on a killing spree. Not because he had a funny name. But simply put, because he was a rude individual. How so? I was the leader of the game and had my npc and pm with me. He then "ordered" me to get rid of them. Not once, not twice, but three times. Don't misunderstand me, I would have done so, if only he had said "please". This is what I don't like, lack of courtesy. And for that, I got rid of the npc and pm that bothered him so, Im sure out in the lobby he wont be bothered by them.

Weeaboolits
Oct 7, 2007, 07:05 PM
Additionally, if someone's a low level, doesn't mean they lack experience, they may have just made a new char.

Mystil
Oct 7, 2007, 08:02 PM
Too few players in the game to be rude to each other. We all gotta stick together and play.

Parn
Oct 7, 2007, 10:04 PM
Did you blacklist the individual? I always blacklist rude folks so they can never access my shops. I don't want them to be able to take advantage of my great prices.

Sekani
Oct 8, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sounds like you just met an assholish player, I don't see what his level had to do with anything.

DonRoyale
Oct 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
I don't consider myself that experienced at combat, not having stepped in one S2 mission outside Cost Of Research, but I consider myself a seasoned player compared to some people whose mains are my level. You just happened to meet an asshole, and assholes come in all shapes, sizes, and in the case of PSU, levels.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 8, 2007, 10:06 AM
@Parn. No I didnt get to blacklist him/her. But since I dont own a shop I guess its ok.
@Sekani: Its just an observation on my part that most jerks Ive come up with have been of the high level trend. Not that Im saying I have'nt met any low level jerks... just not as many.
@DonRoayle: True enough. Jerks come in all flavors. I like people who as you said seasoned, yet humble in their ways. Makes more a good time to be had by all.

PS Parn do you sell a deedlit doll by any chance? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saligun
Oct 8, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll take a PM&NPC over any high level jackass any day,Besides i find that no matter how many times my PM repeats the same line over and over again is never gets old,unlike a ass who's not the leader and thinks he has to be the group guide,i'll get the guide book.

DraginHikari
Oct 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
It's been quitea awhile since I saw people like that on the PS2/PC servers... though it does happen rarely maybe because there time between groups I join, I dunno XD

Dragwind
Oct 9, 2007, 06:27 PM
It's sad, but behind every player is just another human who craves power and thinks he's an internet badass, lol. Just put them in their place on a daily basis, its good fun XD

ShinFZ
Oct 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
i have to agree with you TC. high lv doesnt give you authority. in fact, most high lvs suck anyways.

DraginHikari
Oct 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
High level in this game just mostly suggests you play more then someone else does, EXP-based games don't really require much skill to level necessarily.

Zorafim
Oct 16, 2007, 08:40 PM
I actually get more elitism from low level players than high level. Despite how different low and high level play areas are, they think they know everything about the game. They won't listen to anything you say, or blatantly contradict it.
Gotta love the ones that soak up the information you give them, though.

Anduril
Oct 16, 2007, 09:10 PM
(/sarcasm)I am superior because I know what the hell I'm doing! And when I don't I make that known.(sarcasm) It's so annoying when I'm playing a quick HSM mission, and while I"m dealing with a Kamatoze I ask someone to go grab the sample, and they start bitching about it despite the fact that I can dispatch it in 3 shots, and not get my ass frozen. Those are the poeple who get no Resta. Learn the best strategy or die. That's what I live by. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but we usually plan these things out before we leave the gate, so I expect people to follow the plan for a fast time. Any mission without a time limit: Go ahead and do what the hell you want as long as you don't run straight into a mob of high level, megid spewing enemies on your own, so I don't have to risk life and limb to backtrack to some part of the map they decided to run ahead to before the rest of the group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-10-16 19:11 ]</font>