PDA

View Full Version : Rude C-People... ;_;

Eum
Dec 31, 2002, 12:46 AM
._.; Mee, why can't people just be nice?

x.x; Okay, I just recently got into C-Mode. I never played PSO V.2 on Dreamcast, so I never really had a chance to become familiar with everything. With the lack of C-Mode games, I really don't have much of a chance, now, and C-1 is the only challenge I'm completely secure with. The other modes I've only done twice, and maybe that should be enough, but it isn't. x.x; I've studied the maps, and it really hasn't helped me much. I just need more runs, you know?

I'm not horrible at C-2 - C-6, just not used to them. So sometimes I follow the wrong person, and have to turn around to head back in the other direction. It's really not *that* big of a deal when you're in a team of three other hunters. >.> It's not as if I'm getting lost or anything. Yet, people are still jerks about it. I get the Word Select "monochrome, you are stupid!" a lot. o_o; Today I got yelled at for not attacking a slime in C-3 because someone had given me a Brand. x.x; Myuu.

I just think maybe people need to relax some, and ask more questions *before* the challenge, rather then during, when the problem occurs. People wonder why more people don't play C-Mode, and I think part of it is the intimidation factor. x.x; Let's not aid that by acting like asses, 'kay?

neko-chan
Dec 31, 2002, 04:57 AM
On 2002-12-30 21:46, Vocal wrote:
"monochrome"

Oh! O_o Twas you. I didn't know, sorry. -_-

What stage are you up to now?

Sedric
Dec 31, 2002, 05:00 AM
Yup, C-people are rude, cause that "C" also stands for "cruel."

IceBlink
Dec 31, 2002, 07:55 AM
When with strangers, they kinda expect you to be good at it. o_O Of course, if you tell them beforehand that you're a beginner, then people will be more lenient. o_o It's best to kinda make sure if people are good or not by asking the

Are you a expert?
> [insertname]

Or...

I am a beginner.
> Everybody

Etc etc. o_O Regardless, it's not a excuse to give up. ^_^ Keep practicing! : O

Vantamiath
Dec 31, 2002, 01:14 PM
I bet more then half of the people who play GC PSO had the past DC installments--and when you've been around that long people expect things out of you...I would go for the whole "Im 9 years old" shpeel, because vets dont care if you're a noobie or not. (Not referring to you)

IceBlink
Dec 31, 2002, 02:10 PM
In the early challenge stages, even if one member is a 'newbie', it won't matter if the others are competent enough to complete the stage by themselves. Back in dreamcast days, it was common for a beginner to shadow a experienced player so they would learn the layout of the map and what to do that way. o_O

Eum
Dec 31, 2002, 04:46 PM
On 2002-12-31 10:14, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I bet more then half of the people who play GC PSO had the past DC installments--and when you've been around that long people expect things out of you...

Jee, isn't that hilarious? I can't remember C-Mode on Version 1. Err-eherre. ._.

And, neko, Snapple helped me get C-5. ._.; Then I had to get off~ myu, one more.

neko-chan
Dec 31, 2002, 05:17 PM
On 2002-12-31 13:46, Vocal wrote:
And, neko, Snapple helped me get C-5. ._.; Then I had to get off~ myu, one more.

You can't say "one more". You need to do all the stages over and over until your arms will eventually get stoned and/or you'll contract lephrosy. Only in this way you'll become a real veteran, as the jerks that used to yell at you.

If you have time, I'll redeem myself playing Challenge stages with ya. Just... next time, introduce yourself: I didn't know monochrome was you. BTW: cool chara you have! I liked the colors combination of hairs and suit.

Eum
Dec 31, 2002, 05:57 PM
Oh, I know. ^^; I like C-Mode a lot, actually, and it's a nice escape. I was just saying, I had one more to complete until I could feel "complete", or whatever. x.x; Even though these aren't all of the stages, but, blah.

Obsessive compulsive PSO-player. XD

CajunSamurai
Jan 1, 2003, 04:30 AM
I just think maybe people need to relax some, and ask more questions *before* the challenge, rather then during, when the problem occurs. People wonder why more people don't play C-Mode, and I think part of it is the intimidation factor. x.x; Let's not aid that by acting like asses, 'kay?Yeah, I agree. Even as a vet, I tend to make a mistake now and then; no one can expect someone to have a perfect run each time.
But yeah, stick at it, C mode is by far my favorite part of PSO. Most fun I've EVER had in an online game, especially when everyone is on fire. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif 'Tis a feeling like none other.
It may be difficult to get into, but once you become good at it, you'll be hooked. FEEL the burn! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif