PDA

View Full Version : Fortegunners at Seabed: Reducing run times

RufuSwho
Oct 8, 2007, 11:23 AM
Just looking for some opinions:

ageeta: kill them with an ice rifle, shotgun may be faster by a small amount but it seams easier for the party to clear room if they are frozen off the bat. fighters can tear up a frozen enemy. machguns just don't cut it with ageeta, they seem to walk right through it

volfu: ground machine gun! once again shotgun may be more damage but you will end up getting hit now and then and losing time being flat on your back. at lvl 90 and PA 30 ground bullets, the mechgun kicks some ass while you dance around between enemies (they actually walk sideways to flank you wich gives you a gaint target)

volfu and ageeta: in this room i like the infection shotgun, but it hardly matters as this room is no challenge

Jarba: ive seen ice shotgun kills these guys fast! ive lost many a kill-shot to peeps using ice mechguns, also VERY fast. And yet my favorite remains the ice rifle, i love to see frozen jarbas getting meleed to death with no danger to the fighters, generally i get 3/4 of the last hit on any group of 4 jarbas (except those shotgun or mechgun guys who generally steal all the kill shots for themselves *smiles* )

Polvara: i run up to them using the ground machine gun, then pull out the ground shotty at the last second for some double-hit shoulder shots. can't beat the double-hit shotgun at close range (around 3000 damage). When two polvaras are standing together, i use the ground grenade launcher until they walk too far apart

I like to use my SUV on the final spawn of 4 polvaras or 4 super jarbas. most times, i can use it once in block 2 and still get it back by the end

don't mind hearing that these ways suck.
i think the generally excepted ELITE way to do this run is with ground and ice shotgun throughout, maybe some deathmakers or crossbow thrown in

Don't have my killer shot up high enough to see if it is faster overall (for ageetas) than the ice rifle or shotgun. any opinions?

id like to hear more on YOUR favorite ways to reduce run time here

Jaspaller
Oct 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
Uhh, there are no ageeta in there unless you meant the Badira. My cast isn't high enough yet but I'll mess around using that style once I get high enough.

Uncle_bob
Oct 8, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-10-08 09:23, RufuSwho wrote:

Crossbows.

PJ
Oct 8, 2007, 05:49 PM

Why, the only reason to play Rangers of course.

Grenade Launchers.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
Traps.

amtalx
Oct 9, 2007, 07:07 AM
Just looking for some opinions:

ageeta: kill them with an ice rifle, shotgun may be faster by a small amount but it seams easier for the party to clear room if they are frozen off the bat. fighters can tear up a frozen enemy. machguns just don't cut it with ageeta, they seem to walk right through it

Don't use Rifles in Labs...ever.

volfu: ground machine gun! once again shotgun may be more damage but you will end up getting hit now and then and losing time being flat on your back. at lvl 90 and PA 30 ground bullets, the mechgun kicks some ass while you dance around between enemies (they actually walk sideways to flank you wich gives you a gaint target)

Now: Crossbow (Zagenga if you are on the same page with your healer.)
Post-AoI: Shotgun

Stand to the side and Volfu can't hit you.

volfu and ageeta: in this room i like the infection shotgun, but it hardly matters as this room is no challenge

Don't use Virus unless your party is extraordinarily slow, or you are soloing. These guys die so fast raw DPS will kill them faster than SE.

Jarba: ive seen ice shotgun kills these guys fast! ive lost many a kill-shot to peeps using ice mechguns, also VERY fast. And yet my favorite remains the ice rifle, i love to see frozen jarbas getting meleed to death with no danger to the fighters, generally i get 3/4 of the last hit on any group of 4 jarbas (except those shotgun or mechgun guys who generally steal all the kill shots for themselves *smiles* )

Burn Trap G. Twin Handguns/Machineguns if you are scared, Xbow/Shotgun if you aren't.

Polvara: i run up to them using the ground machine gun, then pull out the ground shotty at the last second for some double-hit shoulder shots. can't beat the double-hit shotgun at close range (around 3000 damage). When two polvaras are standing together, i use the ground grenade launcher until they walk too far apart

Approved. But throw in a Burn Trap G at spawn time.

Don't have my killer shot up high enough to see if it is faster overall (for ageetas) than the ice rifle or shotgun. any opinions?

Nope, save KS for bots.

All that being said...stop running Labs and try some new missions, hahaha.

RufuSwho
Oct 18, 2007, 04:29 PM
nice, thanks for the input
you think the ice shotgun can out-damage ice mech guns on jarba?
moving around them to avoid the ice seems to slow down the shotty technique, as well as the time its takes to run to the next enemy

traps are a given, usually use infect on all jarbas and burn for polvara, at spawn

meanwhile,

amtalx
Oct 18, 2007, 04:44 PM
It really just depends on your party. If your party is killing things quickly and the Jarba is focused on something that isn't you, Shotgun always outdamages Machienguns. Even with small adjustments, Shotguns will kill them faster. Now if you are walking ALL the way around to the other side of the Jarba, you may want to use a Xbow. Machinguns are almost almost always a nono if you have a Xbow.

I would use Burn, it kills faster. In 30 seconds time you can hit them with 1 Virus G for 30% or you can hit them with 3 Burn Gs for 75%. Needless to say, this strategy only works if you have multiple trappers. It balances out anyway though, the extra time you save on the runs really just ends up paying for the excessive trap usage.