PDA

View Full Version : 1 Up Cup Preperation

Rayokarna
Oct 8, 2007, 01:11 PM
Is anybody preparing for the cup like leveling PAs, Leveling up, getting better equipment and so on...

I just wondered on everyones views...

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 01:13 PM
I was hoping to level some PAs, but I think it's a bit too late for that.

SabZero
Oct 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
Not again, no. I went broke "preparing" for Firebreak http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well, trying maybe to get as many alts to 55 as possible (which is most likely 0).

EspioKaos
I've been working on leveling a few of my TECHNICs recently, but not really in preparation for the Platinum Cup, more for Ambition of the Illuminus. Not too worried about leveling my character right now, either, as apparently EXP will come easy enough during the event, so... guess all I'm doing is waiting patiently. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

CelestialBlade
I'm taking a bit of a break from my main, Chelsea, and building up my alts with some of my friends. I'm also not playing as much recently, as I want to powerlevel at least Chelsea on the delicious 250% EXP.

The 10* drops aren't that interesting to me (grinded 9*s ftw) but I do plan on hunting some of the new units.

Anduril
Oct 8, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm just trying to get my main into the 70's before the event. I'm at 69, and I'm so close, but I really spent like 2 months in the 60's, so I hope I can get to 70 in less than a couple of weeks.

Fresh
Oct 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
yes, Im going to spend from now until the 19th on psu leveling my main from 92 to 100. My PA's don't really need any leveling everything is almost to 30 so im pretty damn strong. Then leveling my alt if there is any time left before the 1up event hits. Then its off to hunting for those s rank boards like crazy!!!!!!!

Kion
Oct 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
With 250% exp leveling will be horribly fast so I see no reason try and get an extra level or two now. And tems dropping like crazy in the EX missions makes hunting a complete waste of time, so the mean time; i'm leveling all of my PA's to 30.

pokefiend
Oct 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
My Abby and Ryu dont really need any peparations, so right now I'm lvling KOS_MOS and Thundercats up for the event. w/ the 250% exp increase I'm praying that all four of my characters will reach lvl 100 near the end of the event. Right now they're only lvl 62, lvl 64, lvl 94, and lvl 94 =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-10-08 12:10 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
Oct 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm lvling my alts now (Luppi for now, got all techs I wanted on her to 11+, with the exception of nosdiga, which I don't have yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif')

CelestialBlade
Oct 8, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-10-08 12:09, pokefiend wrote:
My Abby and Ryu dont really need any peparations, so right now I'm lvling KOS_MOS and Thundercats up for the event. w/ the 250% exp increase I'm praying that all four of my characters will reach lvl 100 near the end of the event. Right now they're only lvl 62, lvl 64, lvl 94, and lvl 94 =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-10-08 12:10 ]</font>

Only? Heh, I've been playing since the November release and my characters are 81/44/32/26 XD I'm hoping that there's a mission with a lot of robots so my main can Killer Shot her way to 100.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 8, 2007, 02:13 PM
If by "Preparing" You mean, playing some other game. Then yes.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm leveling PAs now on my female Newman, although I would like to know ALL of the enemies that will pop out so I an level the right PAs for the right situations. But yeah, I'm considering leveling my main, Shiro Ryuu to 100 so I can focus on my alts, not sure whether I should or not. I'm also considering leveling my beast to 55 and then working on my male newman.

OldCoot
Oct 8, 2007, 03:05 PM
I am gettting ready by leaving up the new ultimates.

Kaloa
Oct 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
I've been mostly grinding for PA fragments and leveling up my PA's. I want to be able to contribute to my team as much as possible, if not by being a high level, then at least by having strong PA's come the 1up cup.

Kamiense
Oct 8, 2007, 03:31 PM
I'm trying to level up Kiron to 55 before the event. The UP! crew at least needs 1 force...

shotsfired
Oct 8, 2007, 03:47 PM
hmmm. preparing? well, all I need really is to find people to play with. all the people I played with are halo whores now, and 1up cup would probably suck without a team, so here's to hunting for groups....

Lamak
Oct 8, 2007, 03:50 PM
Playing Final Fantasy. Fun, surprisingly.

Gen2000
Oct 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
Mainly leveling PAs. Hunting for 10*s, a few select units, or powerleveling is kind of pointless unless you were like under lv.50 or something.

Pengfishh
Oct 8, 2007, 03:57 PM
I'm just trying to find a job so I can actually afford to play. My life is troubled and I would appreciate the sweet relief of smacking space cows with laser swords.

majan
Oct 8, 2007, 04:50 PM
eh,call me an elitist(which Im not,my characters are not even leveled or equipped as such),but I dont see a huge need to go overboard 'preparing' for the cup.bear in mind,the normal missions are featuring juiced-up exp ratings,so that will make us all rather strong rather fast.the missions are the same level 100 monsters weve been bitching around for months,only now in the cup,we'll have to bitch them around a little bit while trying to take care of some 'golden orbs' bullshit.will this be challenging?at first,whlie trying to get used to the missions,yes.but once everyone knows where to go and what to do?absolutely not.itll be just like firebreak.I just hope to heaven the xbox360 players get the damn patch for NPC deaths not counting before the cup hits...that would taste like creamy goodness.but yea,I dont forsee this cup being a huge problem,or something worth preparing a hell of a lot for at least.the only thing I would say is,and Im thankful I dont have to deal with this,is that anyone who is not at level 65:get there,fast.(or did they lower it to 55?I think thats wat I saw in a thread earlier on,dont remember).but whatever the level requirement is,get there,and enjoy the event.

besides,what we all really want is the EX missions,which we dont have to be very strong to dominate anyway.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 04:55 PM
Must... get.... to level... 55...

Aries2384
Oct 8, 2007, 05:28 PM
Pushing my techer's Pa's to 30. Or 21.. in the case of the techs I don't like. (Deleting all my Ra-techs except for Razonde...cuz that just looks cool at lvl 31). Lvling my gunner's kill shot.

Wallin
Oct 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to get to 55 from 45, but I think I might just wait until the cup actually starts to get exp. True Darkness A is taking forever - 4k a run with 40-50k per level... zzzzzz...

I'm pretty much only interested in the rappy feather items (and an Me/Quick) anyway, which I won't really have to worry about until the 5th week of 1-Up, so I'll definitely be 55 somewhere within the first week or so.

By the end of the cup though I hope to be at least 85 because I'm so sick of not being able to do S and S2 runs for PA Frags. I want my Regrants!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-08 15:39 ]</font>

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 05:54 PM
4k a run, 50k a level... Heh, I wish I had it that easy. Um, you're doing A ranks, correct? How long do those normally last?

Mayu
Oct 8, 2007, 05:56 PM
Leveling

Rebirth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Turbobrain
Oct 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
I was actually going to post a topic on this very subject. By the time we have the cup I hope to have my Beast FF.FG at 90+

I have a load of weps already but really want a pallette of 40%+ weps for the trial missions(the ones that we get 'rated' on).

The frist planet is Parum and I have heard that the trial mission is made of Svaltus(Light) and other Parum residents(Fire and Electric). Obviously the Svaltuses are going to be tough... but I'm not sure how many there are... or how many of anyrthing there are or what.

My question to anyone out there who can help me, do they know what the trial missions consist of in terms of creatures, numbers off(roughly even) and elemets(and elements if they are different from 'normal') This info will be VERY handy in helping me to blow millions on crafting the RIGHT weapons/armour elements for the cup. Prefereably Parum 1st as I can start on those straight away.... I'd be really greatfull for any info on this.

ThEoRy
Oct 8, 2007, 06:46 PM
D. All of the above

mvffin
Oct 8, 2007, 07:14 PM
trying to get all my characters to lvl 55+.
one down, one pretty close.
why is it so much harder for me to level my ft?