PDA

View Full Version : female beast FT

blackfox433
Oct 8, 2007, 02:51 PM
im maken a female FT and its fun to dambarta into a nano XD am i crazy or is there actually something decent that will become of my stupidity. (in AoI it will become a AT)

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 02:53 PM
Still not as stupid as a cast techer.

-Tidus_415-
Oct 8, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-10-08 12:51, blackfox433 wrote:
im maken a female FT and its fun to dambarta into a nano XD am i crazy or is there actually something decent that will become of my stupidity. (in AoI it will become a AT)

It's fine. People act like this game is stupid hard that you NEED to have to correct race/class combo. The game is going to get even more easy in AOI so...No. You're not crazy. Do what you want. Just look at my sig. I can care less about what everyone else thinks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-10-08 13:01 ]</font>

OldCoot
Oct 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
Go for it. The game would be borning if eveyrone played within the "given" roles. Newman=Fortetecher, CAST=Fortegunner,Beast=Fortefighter.

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-10-08 13:01, OldCoot wrote:
Go for it. The game would be borning if eveyrone played within the "given" roles. Newman=Fortetecher, CAST=Fortegunner,Beast=Fortefighter.

Which brings into question, what the hell was Sega thinking when setting up these rolls?

blackfox433
Oct 8, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-10-08 13:00, -Tidus_415- wrote:

On 2007-10-08 12:51, blackfox433 wrote:

It's fine. People act like this game is stupid hard that you NEED to have to correct race/class combo. The game is going to get even more easy in AOI so...No. You're not crazy. Do what you want.

thats what i feel, each classes only get a little bonus if u do right class so u dont NEED to be it. cool thanks.

Xencia
Oct 8, 2007, 03:09 PM
My beast is also a ForteTecher right now,but only because I'm training for AT. As FT I do fine, but I'm more concerned about keeping everyone up then doing super-nuke damage. Keeping everyone buffed,and debuffing the tougher enemies. It's fun, the one downside is that I almost never Nanoblast, low FT hp/dfp means invince blast is almost mandatory, low FT atp means the damage given isn't outstanding, and considering I can't heal anyone else during that time it's not something I even play with,unless there's another decent(non-super-nuke)techer in the group.

Pillan
Oct 8, 2007, 03:31 PM
If you’re playing Beast or Cast fT, your damage is significantly lower than any other race or class combination. That’s a given.

But if you’re playing those combinations, you obviously don’t really care about how bad off you are, so why even make a poll?

fT has incredibly low stats that destroy any advantage a non-Newman would have in the class (besides Cast DFP/ATA allowing them to equip armor/bows/cards faster) and then Newman’s TP and MST are a magnitude higher than everyone else’s and Beast and Cast TP are a magnitude lower than that.

Gen2000
Oct 8, 2007, 03:41 PM
As long as you don't Nanoblast at cruical times when the party actually needs you, Beast Techers are fine and no one will care as long as you give them constant buffs and heals. Most players don't really give two ****s how much tech damage you do as long as you support them properly.

Konstanse_Xx
Oct 8, 2007, 04:06 PM
I agree with Gen2000. I don't really care how you do it, but if you pull your weight you're welcome in my party. ;D

Starrz
Oct 8, 2007, 04:10 PM
A female Beast FT is probably the worse race/gender for FT.

Both CASTs have more ATA to equip the ranged weaponry of FT, and then male Beasts have a better nanoblast.

All in all, don't let it get you down.

landman
Oct 8, 2007, 05:06 PM
A friend is a female Beast Fortetecher but he changed to wartecher and now he's back to forte but he prefers WT xD I don't know what will he do in AOI

ChaosAngel92
Oct 8, 2007, 08:53 PM
I voted for the "worthless until AoI AT". I dont really care about techs. I want my female sexy beast have a cowboy hat and use all the whips on PSU. Yeah, ban me lock me kill me flame me. I dont care what the "experts" say.

Gryffin
Oct 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
A friend of mine is a Beast fT, and she's amazing...

With a saber xP

Mayu
Oct 8, 2007, 09:02 PM
Meh

Just heal -.-
and buff -.-

ChaosAngel92
Oct 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-10-08 19:02, Mayu wrote:
Meh

Just heal -.-
and buff -.-

"Or do whatever you want, is your game."

Fixed, i just quoted something you said on one of my topics about a techer beast.

unicorn
Oct 8, 2007, 11:16 PM
Theres so many traditionalists in this game.

My CAST is a fortetecher, and I generally have no problem in parties. On lvl 80, my Male CAST takes equivalent damage to Newman FTs in their 90s +. In some cases, he can actually take more.

Beast and CAST FTs can be better support techers, since they can be closer to enemies (where the rest of the party would be). Newman and Humans bruise easily.

The only real problems you'll face are with your TP and EVP. MST is not that big of an issue, because MST is actually less important than DFP. In many situations, Guntechers and Wartechers take a megid/foie better than Fortetecher, because they have higher DFP. MST plays hand-in-hand with your DFP.

CAST FTs can naturally equip bows and cards earlier, and use them alot better. And although beasts have bizarrely low ata, they still outdamage Newmans with Cards/Bows.

Just play smart, get strong technics like Digas and Foies. I personally lvled up Zonde (despite it being disliked by many FTs).

As a Beast or CAST FT, you really have something to prove. If you screw up, people will judge you harder than they would a noob Newman FT. >_>

Shou
Oct 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
>.> a beast techer would not be effective at all..... (compared to other classes) the other side of AT is the use of ranged weapons as well as support. the "just heal and buff" thing isn't realistic. At least a CAST AT could be usful. Pluss, I think that you will get board with the awkward stat balances.

<.<; come on, be some sort of fighter. Spinning, Flipping, and doing lots of damage is fun. (also you would be much more usful to other party members)

Also one more thing. Why do so many people want to be CAST or beast techers but I don't hear anyone wanting to be a newman FF? <.<;

unicorn
Oct 8, 2007, 11:25 PM
You dont keep your eyes open then. Try thinking outside the box.

Sylsha
Oct 8, 2007, 11:50 PM
I have a female beast Ft and I like her a lot. She in not my main char, but still really fun to play. I actually use her a lot more for support then attack. But even her attack are pretty good.

This game was created to have fun, if you think that a female beast fortetecher will be fun to play for you, go ahead and do it. If you have fun and are helpfull to the party most people will not worry about what race/class you are.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
On 2007-10-08 14:10, Starrz wrote:
A female Beast FT is probably the worse race/gender for FT.

Both CASTs have more ATA to equip the ranged weaponry of FT, and then male Beasts have a better nanoblast.

All in all, don't let it get you down.

no but cast suck HARD with spells XD

beast suck a little less and i like female nanoblast much more than male >.>

My friend defended his cast fortecher with no end!

until he made a female newman and QUICKLY switched his cast to something else XD

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 12:08 AM
It's funny how people think casts SUCK SO BAD with spells at fT. No, they don't actually, you must fail to realize the +200% on fT10!. You can do massive amounts of damage with a CAST fT using spells. You just don't do AS much as the other races would do <_>. We all know newman TP is freakin insane, they NEED it because of their lack of HP, ATP, and DFP.... but a CAST fT has:
-ATA for Cards and Bows
-ATP for Cards and Bows >_>
-HP for running into the fray to spam techs or support fighters
-DFP for running into the fray to spam techs or support fighters <_<
-Compensated MST from class to run into fray to spam techs or support fighters <_>
-Compensated TP from class to do great damage to enemies with techs
-Lvl.3 Buffs to help increase not only their already great ATP and DFP, but their MST, TP, EVP, and ATA!

How is this NOT a decent choice? omg so you don't pwn hardcore with Techs, a Fortetecher can do well with things other than techs, especially when you stick a Race in the class that picks up fT's lowest stats. And the best part, fT picks up all of CAST's weakspots!

Now, ON Topic...
A beast? That's tough.
Beast = Lowest ATA race
Fortetecher = Lowest ATA class
Therefore Cards are out, but bows... You MIGHT need, but is still not a strong choice. Sure you would do great damage with them, but would definately need Zodial 21+ and perhaps leveling Zodeel would be VERY wise.

Tech-wise you still do pretty good. ANY race can use techs, just like ANY race can use ATP-based weapons. The advantage to having a race that sucks with Techs and is good with ATP over a race that Sucks with ATP and is good with Techs is because FT actually allows you to use both ATP and TP based attacks >_>. Where as, a newman non-force class... has TP for absolutely nothing. Sure you can do DECENT with ATP, but your TP is just sitting there. An fT can use BOTH of these stats.

So being a beast wouldn't be bad, it would just be hard without Zodial/Zodeel and using High-accuracy weapons. Tech-wise, don't worry about it.

pikachief
Oct 9, 2007, 12:13 AM
lol i like it when a cast does 600's with diga on a vulfu with their FT at 10 XD

i'll jsut walk up to him and shoot my Xbow about 3 times doing around 900 damage total if buffed(about 750-800 if not), in the time he can shoot that one diga XD

NICE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif lol not.

sad to see him doing lie 200's with dambarta on badiras XD

Syl
Oct 9, 2007, 12:22 AM
Megaman made good points. A beast's ATA coupled with the fT's low ATA... it'll only allow you to equip low level ranged weapons. So you can't really compensate for your low TP with higher lvl ranged stuff.

A caseal fT 10 at lvl 99 has 100 def lol. Pretty sure beast fT def or HP isn't significantly higher. I'm guesstimating that the TP difference isn't overtly different either. So both races suck about the same when you want damage from techs (caseal has about 860ish at lvl 99).

Supportively, caseal is just going to be better because of our greater ranged options along with the fact that you don't need TP to support (cept maybe resta, but even then we cover it well enough).

On 2007-10-08 22:13, pikachief wrote:
lol i like it when a cast does 600's with diga on a vulfu with their FT at 10 XD

lol that's pretty fail. But I can actually do more than that with diga. I can crit for like 1.7k or more on them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2007-10-08 22:24 ]</font>

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 12:23 AM
First off, xbow is broken imo... Anytime anyone talks about how much damage they can do, it's usually with an xbow.
Second, your high damage doesn't do anything to my stats, it doesn't heal me, and it doesn't lower enemy stats. (So what I'm saying is though we might do less damage, we compensate for support)
Third, I'm more likely see you die <_>
and Last, Since when did... ANYBODY... care about who was casting buffs/debuffs/resta?
Especially now, if ANYONE is, it's appreciated <_>. I myself would rather have a more durable support ally than one who's a little squishy. And lulz, don't give me "their resta sux" My old f-cast healed FF beasts just fine >_>

It's versitility... and it's great. No absolute strong point, no weakness.

pikachief
Oct 9, 2007, 12:27 AM
oh yes yes yes mega man when your doing support anyone cuold do it. if all i wanted support i'd bring in a lvl 1 if i could http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

but the fact that i also want a strong player as my force also goes into play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

im not saying u shouldnt be one, im just saying that any other class combo would be stronger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

or u could easily heal and buff as a newman or human as well XD

And yes i can de buff with my shotty dual pistols and xbow thank u very much >.>

EDIT: lol its not like cast fortetechers are forbidden in my parties XD its there decision not mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-10-08 22:28 ]</font>

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 12:35 AM
Meh I forgot about debuffin bullets <_>
I understood what you meant, and yes I know any other class would be better for tech-use, but that's if you want that class PRIMARILY or ONLY for tech-use. As a cast, shifts the whole idea of Fortetecher, and makes it more like... I guess you could say a reversed Guntecher?
Limited amount of ranged weapons, but and with the ATA cripple on the class, but compensated by race ATA, it's similar to GT's TP. Your pool of Techs and max tech lvl. is like Guntechers decent armory of guns and max bullet lvl.
BUT, fT's even get max bullet level (for now). That always helps increase the power of bows and cards for them, throw on buffs, you can use anything from cards, bows, wands, and rods to deal your damage. You're balanced. EVERY stat becomes decent.

It's not like I dislike Newman fT's xD I have one atm even, They have amazing advantages as well. But they also have great weaknesses =/

It all comes down to what you prefer, all I was doing was stating what the benefits were for NOT being so Forte in a Fortetecher class.

EDIT: The same goes for other classes as well, Beasts make good Fortegunners as well. Class compensates ATA. My f-beast 65/10 fG has like... 390ish ATA, sure it's not anything near CAST ATA, but I do fine, throw a Zodial on and it's even better. Great HP, ATP, more MST, even more TP if you ever want to use Shadoogs <_>. Nanoblasting for when bullet-resistant enemies appear.

But CASTS still have their advantages over Beasts... It's all a matter of preference =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-10-08 22:39 ]</font>

Syl
Oct 9, 2007, 12:38 AM
Stronger doesn't always mean better though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shou
Oct 9, 2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah, basically a CAST AT wouldnt be too bad but a beast? Just... meh.. no... xD

I have partied with a couple of people that wanted to be "support only" but they just werren't very useful and I don't care what anybody says. Also that gig didn't last lol. They actually ended up quiting due to boredom and lack of reason for playing this game.

True Story

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah, well... Have you ever had that newman Fortetecher join the party... and they barely make the requirement, but you let them stay because they claim they'll support... and they DO, but, they get killed pretty often? And then you're trying to cover their behind while they're suppose to be doing it for you? ... Yeah...
That's where if you're a newman fT, you better know how to use it correctly and dodge things (thank goodness for EVP and MST eh?)
They're not THAT fragile, it's just when the enemies are consideribly higher than them, they go before most... Hunters being a close second, because there's ALWAYS retard hunters out there who have no clue how to play "I r figgy w/RUCCRRR!!! TORNADO DANCE GO!!! *dead*... OMGWTF?!"

EDIT:
btw... I'm not saying figs who use tornado dance and ruccer are dumb... it's just a GREAT example of what most n00b fighters go towards >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2007-10-08 22:49 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Oct 9, 2007, 12:56 AM
LV80 something Newman FT with 50% dark armor got smacked by a buffed dilnazen and her health went to yellow. LV65 Cast FT (Me) got hit by the same dilnazen and I had lightning armor...Didnt even lose more than half health. lol

The point is. Cast FT's can run in there and save teammates without having to worry about dying 90% of the time. Isnt that what everyone wants FT's to do. Heal Buff Heal Buff Heal Buff.

-Ryuki-
Oct 9, 2007, 01:07 AM
Play how you want to play, and don't let people tell you, you suck because you're not an optimal class/combo.

Shadow_Wing
Oct 9, 2007, 01:13 AM
Mhmm, Ryuki knows of my fT XD, so being an AT when AoI comes out though.

Jainsea
Oct 9, 2007, 03:45 AM
On 2007-10-08 23:07, RyukiZero wrote:
Play how you want to play, and don't let people tell you, you suck because you're not an optimal class/combo.

Good advice:) My alt is lv66 Female Beast FT10
and she does just fine^^ I know I cant "outnuke"
Newman FTs but I can take some hits to heal my
team mates throw some debuffs down,etc, and still
walk away(aka: run away) Most importantly, I have
loads of fun playing FT as her http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
My lv63 Female Newman FF10 works just fine too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Fun and variety are top on my book ^_-

bloodflowers
Oct 9, 2007, 04:12 AM
Quote from a friend while on Moatoob. She was the only non-CAST in the party and I was on my techer. I used Sturm to set some Vanda on fire and rebuffed myself.

"Oh great, the CAST have learned how to buff themselves, I'm out of a job http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif"

Gen2000
Oct 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-10-08 22:41, Shou wrote:
Yeah, basically a CAST AT wouldnt be too bad but a beast? Just... meh.. no... xD

I have partied with a couple of people that wanted to be "support only" but they just werren't very useful and I don't care what anybody says. Also that gig didn't last lol. They actually ended up quiting due to boredom and lack of reason for playing this game.

True Story

Back during pre-nerfed Desert Terror S2 I partied with a FemBeast fT who was on top of Buffs/Heals and even Debuffs, and didn't die. No one even noticed she was non-Newman until she used Invinciblity Nanoblast on a group of Vandas. After that was all "ZOMG YOU'RE A BEAST?!?1" comments and so forth but no negative comments since they noticed how well she kept the team up. Saved people a lot of money and kind or proved to me that very few players gave a shit how much tech damage you do as a FO as long as you support them properly.

I knew she was a non-Newman from the beginning just because I noticed how much (or less) damage she was doing with Techs but in the end of the day it didn't really matter. The techs still caused mass AoE flinching and confused enemy aggro along with causing SEs every now and then but more importantly she kept the team alive and boosted their performance by 20% every chance she got.

While I like Cast fT more than Beast fT because I find Sturm Attacker from a FO is ****ing hawt and you'll have a higher chance of hitting something the few times you use a Bow/Cards, very few players care about the class you pick for fT. They just want Tier 3 heals and buffs from you. Sad I guess (?) but true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-10-09 12:29 ]</font>

Kylie
Oct 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
None of the above. I have 10 in FT, and maybe I'm just a good player (DOUBT IT), but I really never had a problem with it. In fact, I kind of liked it because I was decent help to my team, and it saved me money.

Remedy
Oct 9, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-10-08 19:02, Mayu wrote:
Meh

Just heal -.-
and buff -.-And debuff. :eng101:

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
I really don't like female beasts, they're the worst character stat distribution I've ever played (part from humans which are even worse). I was playing WT, and I can tell you that its not easy, atleast for me, to do beast force job.

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 07:41 PM
It's your character, your Meseta, and your $10 a month.

If a female beast FT is what makes you happy, go for it!

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-10-09 17:41, Ashkahn wrote:
It's your character, your Meseta, and your $10 a month.

If a female beast FT is what makes you happy, go for it!

I think that's a given >____>
The whole point of the topic was to see if he was crazy for doing it (basically asking is it wise or is it completely stupid) Therefore, we give Pro's and Con's to his original thoughts.

Your contribution to the topic would be appreciated <_>

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 07:47 PM
Fine then. I'll contribute, even though you've all taken care of it.

All I care about is if you save me Trimates. There. I said it. I don't even care about buffs, since I'm one of those idiotic FF's that pops Megistarides on a frequent basis.

Sure, you're going to struggle with Tech attacks, but if you land some solid SE's, you don't need to worry about it too much. Just play a nice game of Keep-Away with Virus / Flaming stuff, lather, rinse, repeat.

The main benefit you'll get is the ability to actually TAKE A HIT. Most FT's (Newmans) can hardly stand to take three or four hits, and may die before casting a Resta. In tight situations, higher DFP / HP will make all the difference to your party. As long as you're more oriented on being a team player over a nuke-o-matic, you'll be very welcome in any party.

At the very least, you're welcome in my parties any day of the week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashkahn on 2007-10-09 17:50 ]</font>