PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Going to pre-order AOI soon, any suggestions?

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 8, 2007, 04:56 PM
Well, I've already got the money put aside to pre-order this game, but..I'm not sure where I should order it from. I was thinking about ordering it from EB Games, but I've never ordered from there before..soooo...I don't know if they are reliable or not, honestly.

Could anyone please give some suggestions as to where I could pre-order this from that has good shipping rates and accepts Paypal?

Thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PS. The date for the States is still: 11/20/07, right?

DanMalak
Oct 8, 2007, 05:03 PM
Honestly, I dont think we'll have to pre-order because this game isn't going to be HUGE...(maybe for the xbox360 people since they say they have around 2 full servers) I'll just check the local target/fry's near my house they should have plenty.

Wallin
Oct 8, 2007, 05:05 PM
I also agree with DanMalak. Unless they're giving something away with it and no one is that I know of, I highly doubt this game is going to be flying off the shelves (unfortunately), so I'm not really sure why you would pre-order unless you're worried they just won't get any in stock at all without a request.

Syl
Oct 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
The point of pre-ordering a game is to assure yourself that you'll get it. You could be unlucky and have your Gamestop not order any copies at all, or only 1 and have someone else buy it before you.

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well, the Xbox version will be out for download, so you can't preorder there. And you're right, the game isn't that big, so you should have no problem getting it.

I say, save yourself the $5 in preorder money and just get it the day it comes out in the store. But if you insist on preordering, EB is good. I've never had a problem with them, but this can varry from store to store.

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 05:10 PM
Will stores really only order 1 copy of a game? That really doesn't make much sense...

Wubbie
Oct 8, 2007, 05:10 PM
EB is good... They had my original PSU, as well as PSO (well, funcoland, who was bought out by EB) first day.

Preordering is a GREAT idea in this situation, as Sylvia stated, you could be unlucky and get no copies at your local gamestores... and don't bet on Walmart ordering any.

Wallin
Oct 8, 2007, 05:13 PM
Nevermind, it's different for me that I'm sure it is for other people. I forget that not everyone has multiple gaming stores in a small radius around them. I can't even count how many Gamestops I have nearby.

EBGames/Gamestop.com is pretty good, it's what my brother and I use for pre-ordering games with specials, never gone wrong before.

On 2007-10-08 15:10, DavidNel wrote:
Will stores really only order 1 copy of a game? That really doesn't make much sense...

I would say they would get 2, maybe 3. Actually I do recall when I went to pickup the original at Gamestop, the manager didn't even put my copy aside because he didn't think anyone would want the game to begin with and never bothered to check the list. >_<;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-08 15:14 ]</font>

Golto
Oct 8, 2007, 05:15 PM
I did a search for AOI ps2 at gamestop.com and at the really small stores in my area they have 6 copies ordered and 9 in the larger ones. You can try that to see if ones in your area will be getting a decent amount.

Aries2384
Oct 8, 2007, 05:22 PM
Its not like the $5 reservation does not go towards the game. Yall make it sound like the $5 is just for reservation only. The five smackahs goes towards the game at the time of purchase. Whats wrong with guaranteeing yourself a copy? If you change your mind and don't want the reserved game at the release date, then you can put the $5 towards something else as store credit. Thats how it is at Gamestop (Eb, funco, Software Etc.) anyway. Whats wrong with being 100%?

Wallin
Oct 8, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-10-08 15:15, Golto wrote:
I did a search for AOI ps2 at gamestop.com and at the really small stores in my area they have 6 copies ordered and 9 in the larger ones. You can try that to see if ones in your area will be getting a decent amount.

Where does it say how many they're ordering? I looked up the zip code on Gamestop and the only number they give is the distance in miles to the store.

Golto
Oct 8, 2007, 05:32 PM
Opps sorry I got two of the columns mixed up.

Kaloa
Oct 8, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-10-08 15:10, DavidNel wrote:

I bought PSU the day it came out and I had to go to 2 separate game stores in order to get the 3 copies I needed for me and my friends because the first store didn't have enough copies. Even if not only one copy, the numbers can be quite low and there's a definitely danger of missing out.

Tigerram
Oct 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
Yes, you can go to Gamestop and pre-order, I've never had a promblem with them. I never really was around EB Games much, but I'm sure you'll have no problems with them to pre-order also. Unless you have a local game store that does reservations however, you are pretty limited to where you can reserve a game. Best Buy doesn't do reservations, and I have no idea if Circuit City does, but doubt it.

Kay Bee Toys used to do reservations, but I don't know if they do anymore. I have never had a Toys'R Us nearby to know if they do reservations at all. Maybe someone else can vouch for that, not to mention the other stores I've mentioned to know if the reservations are done elsewhere.

Yeah, the easiest choice for me is either EB or Gamestop, and check with and if you have any local game stores near you.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
Well, I know the game isn't going to fly off the shelves and whatnot. That's not why I want to pre-order it. I don't have a means of transportation at the moment, so I won't be able to go pick up my copy.

Instead, I'll need it shipped to my home. That's the only reason I was asking about pre-ordering, so I could have it shipped to me and play it on the release day, since I won't be able to go pick it up =/

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
you can pre-order items off the internet, like on amazon

THE JACKEL

Zer0_ConvoY
Oct 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
also depending where you live, best buys and wal marts may be all there is and trust me, best nuy has a terrible time getting even quazi big games in on time, mine still doesn't have the new ggxx, they JUST got stranglehold, still waiting for the dethalbum to get there, not even the normal version is there.

xennec
Oct 8, 2007, 06:19 PM
I don't see how it could hurt. If you plan on ordering from gamestop and don't know much about your local store, I'd say online is the way to go. Most gamestop/EBgame stores are great, but my local store can be very unreliable at times, so I always try to order at other places first. Best Buy might be a good place to try. I don't know about other cities, but my local Target is great with video games too. Oh, and as stated above Amazon might be a great choice too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-10-08 16:21 ]</font>

mizukage
Oct 8, 2007, 07:46 PM
Personally, I don't think it is necessary to pre-order, because its not like PSU/AOI is popular with everyone, but just the majority of the ST fans or rpg players. Besides, the release price could be quite high too and so, not everybody is going to buy the game on the release day. However, I plan on buying it once its available in stores.

DavidNel
Oct 8, 2007, 07:51 PM
The $5 actually goes towards the game? Man, nevermind, deffinately preorder. I had no idea...

McLaughlin
Oct 8, 2007, 08:08 PM
The point of preordering a copy of an unpopular game is to make sure your store gets at least your copy. Otherwise, they may not bother ordering any at all.

And since no one else mentioned it; November 20th is still unconfirmed.

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 8, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hmmm..November 20th is STILL the unconfirmed date? I wonder if I should wait on pre-ordering it, then. I don't want to place my order next week, thinking I'll get it next month when really..I won't be getting it for another four months or so =/

TetsuyaHikari
Oct 8, 2007, 09:18 PM
Well..actually, now that I think about it...the 20th may not be stated as the official date, but we can almost expect it to be the date. I'll show you why:

Phantasy Star Universe for PS2 in Japan came out 8/31/06
Phantasy Star Universe for PS2 in US came out 10/24/06

There was about a two month gap. Now...

Phantasy Star Universe: AOI for PS2 in Japan came out 9/27/07

Phantasy Star Universe: AOI for PS2 in US comes out 11/20/07 (?)

It wouldn't surprise me if that IS the actual date. It will keep the two month release gap and besides..most places, if they don't state "9/20/07" for the release, it's "Q4 2007" and there's only two months left in the year, so..

I think it might be safe to say 9/20/07 will be the date.