PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Story Mode Only???

Saligun
Oct 8, 2007, 10:17 PM
In AOI is your character stuck doing only story mode or can they run around and repeat missions again that they have already completed like you could do in PSU?

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 10:28 PM
AoI offline mode is sort of a combination of Story Mode and Extra Mode as you know it from original PSU. You make your own char, and there are story missions that progress your overall 'progress' by unlocking new planets, missions, gear, etc, but you're free to play any free missions you want otherwise. And you can replay any story missions you want.

Saligun
Oct 8, 2007, 10:38 PM
BTW how far do you have to progress in story mode to have your NPC partner character useable in whatever free missions you have unlocked up to that point.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 10:40 PM
Well, the very first story mission gives you Laia Martinez's card, so... one! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Although technically I suppose you could level up your PM til it could come with you, but without any Story Missions done it would be hard to afford that.

Saligun
Oct 8, 2007, 10:49 PM
That's bring up another question.In PSU there where different things that ethan couldn't do until he reach the chapters that unlocked them,in psu(aoi)Are things unlocked in each chapter or can you do all stuff you could do after you finished story mode like you could do with ethan.And you can do it all at the beginning.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yep, things are unlocked as you progress through story.

For instance, at the beginning all you can do is
a) Story Missions
b) 1 Free Mission on Clyez 4f
c) 3 Free Missions on Parum

Beating Story Chapter 1 unlocks Neudaiz and 3 missions there.

Beating Story Chapter 2 unlocks Moatoob and (not sure how many) missions there.

Chapter 3 (I think) unlocks HIVE's 1 mission.

Etcetera.

pikachief
Oct 8, 2007, 11:25 PM
i think chapter 3 unlocks teh de rol le mission ^.^