PDA

View Full Version : .....PSU burnot. :(

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 10:48 PM
i got cali to lvl 50, 3* luck day is tomorrow, i will not be sleeping for 24 hrs( spamming plains overlord for the solid / power S )

she would be a higher level but i have been fighting burnout, it is,...i can't stand seabed, i wanna run it to get the levels ( all my chars leveled there ), i literally can't play for 4 runs, if i play 5 i stop playing for the day.

i went to foran falls today to switch things up and,...it was ******* barren, not 1 person except the 1 i brought with me.

endrum remnants, plz i'm sorry i even mentioned it.

dual sentinel at least had a team or 2 but they were all S2.

from lvl 8-48 cali was in her secret mission, and apparently no matter the level of the people, everyone is terrified of doing the B run, yes even high leveled players.

neudaiz has it's rare hunters, small private teams, but few and far between

moatoob....at least i know a few people play this but it is on the lvl of meh ( Desert terror) the team is usually hodgepodge, no elite players, atleast htere are many cast FG

i still cannot understand why people spam seabed for and extra 3k over most other parum runs, when most other parum runs give you way more Vulcaline and Par Ebon, i mean in plains overlord or mad beasts, the amount is sickness the way it drops.
i guess i am old school from when evryone was spamming mad beasts, and crimzon, and i am fed up with hearing every idio on the servers complain about not enough content, even though i'm dead sure they spam seabed only.
truth be told i am sort of in love with true darkness at the moment, i love the amount of money, how many rares drop and even the XP, but i have been focusing on leveling Cali so i haven't been able to enjoy it as much as i would like....i'm gonna go to seabed now, and force some runs out ( u now that is the only place u can just join a party get XP and meseta in a timely manner )

incoherent blathering,...i know, it's a part of burnout.

i don't know the real purpose of my thread but i would love if anyone would chime in with anything.

four days ago i got all emo and erased my friends list and partner card lists, now i miss my friends lol

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 8, 2007, 10:51 PM
People still run Labs?

Lol.

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-10-08 20:51, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
People still run Labs?

Lol.

....i just spit up my drink lolz

but yeah they do

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-10-08 20:53 ]</font>

lethe
Oct 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
what platform do you play on?
The new Dulk Fakis mission is great for Exp and mission points, on the 360 that place is always packed, it'd be doubtful if u couldnt find a party there

Authenticate
Oct 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
I don't get why people play the same areas either. The game is more fun if you travel around and switch up areas. Most of my leveling has been done on world tours, so to speak. Maybe that's why I'm still 50 on my highest character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I can't play much more than 3-4 hours at a time either. It's not that I get bored so much as I need to get up and move around.

~Not totally on topic here~
I wish this game was more like PSO in the way the lobbies were set up. The way it is now, everything is too spread out. There needs to be a central hub that easily connects to all areas of the game. This game is still my favorite online game at the moment, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use improvements.

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-10-08 20:58, lethe wrote:
what platform do you play on?
The new Dulk Fakis mission is great for Exp and mission points, on the 360 that place is always packed, it'd be doubtful if u couldnt find a party there

i know, i said i was in love with it in my post but i'm currently lvlin Cali( lvl 51), and not using my high levels, i'm on xbox 360,

where i can't talk for some reason i get booted if i do, wich i gotta tell you is painfull i am extremely outgoing.

lethe
Oct 8, 2007, 11:15 PM
my xbox is currently is the repair place, i should have it back in about a week, i have a group or clan or whatever u call it that runs missions everynight, when i get my 360 back i could introduce you to them and im sure theyd let you join, we do that mission alot as well as alot of other missions giving out good exp, we group sell anything that drops that is valued at over 100k, we're a small group only about 10 or so members, we also hate seabed XD, if your interested just tell me im sure we could help you lvl

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-10-08 21:02, Authenticate wrote:
I don't get why people play the same areas either. The game is more fun if you travel around and switch up areas. Most of my leveling has been done on world tours, so to speak. Maybe that's why I'm still 50 on my highest character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I can't play much more than 3-4 hours at a time either. It's not that I get bored so much as I need to get up and move around.

~Not totally on topic here~
I wish this game was more like PSO in the way the lobbies were set up. The way it is now, everything is too spread out. There needs to be a central hub that easily connects to all areas of the game. This game is still my favorite online game at the moment, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use improvements.

on your totally on topic comment, you are absolutely right.

1) there should be one universe with location specific servers( in terms of size)

2) the servers are set up incorrectly, like how when you leave your room you get to pick your planet where you wanna go, this should be expanded on to the mission/ mission lobby even.

3) the amount of people via the star system should be displayed in relation to to the area specific server.

universes are confusing as hell, and thats why everyone crams the hell out of uni 1

Authenticate
Oct 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
Heck man. I'm always up for anything and we're the same level. I'll trade cards with ya. My friend's little bro is always hogging their 360 (especially since Halo 3 has been out), so I'm usually soloing anyway.

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-10-08 21:15, lethe wrote:
my xbox is currently is the repair place, i should have it back in about a week, i have a group or clan or whatever u call it that runs missions everynight, when i get my 360 back i could introduce you to them and im sure theyd let you join, we do that mission alot as well as alot of other missions giving out good exp, we group sell anything that drops that is valued at over 100k, we're a small group only about 10 or so members, we also hate seabed XD, if your interested just tell me im sure we could help you lvl

sounds good, i don't know how to pm lol

lethe
Oct 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
hopefully ill get my 360 back before the event, shouldnt be too long its getting shipped to a city 9 hours away lol, send me a friend request to my gamertag: Manic Mudkip
i should be able to accept it over the xbox website and ill send you a messege when i get my 360 back

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 11:33 PM
will do

bloodflowers
Oct 9, 2007, 03:29 AM
On 2007-10-08 20:51, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
People still run Labs?

Lol.

It's still the busiest place in the game on the 360, by a big margin. Dalgun Plaza is fairly busy at the moment, but only in the context of everywhere else - which is like a graveyard.

Lab = quickest money for weak people. It's easy, it's fast, it's easy to get a party because everyone else is there.

IsoDonk
Oct 9, 2007, 03:33 AM
...super hot murder machine lfg and good times?

Either way, yeah. I'm sick of seabed, I don't mind a few runs but it's just such a grind.

I actually managed to find a couple of fellow Brits last night and we (gasp) went to Neudaiz for a change! Granted with our precisely zero gunners we got a bit owned by the S Onmagoug but, you know. I think between us we got through five Scape Dolls but when two of your team are plucky FTs... yeah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IsoDonk on 2007-10-09 01:35 ]</font>

Hatemachine
Oct 9, 2007, 03:42 AM
Aye havin the same issue myself tryin ta get my Fighgunner leveled for the 1up cup but finding groups is hard as sin even at 52.

So I turned to spammin the holy hell outta the foran falls run on c 5 mins for 2k exp 3k money with the odd dorso found as well.

Seabed just gets boring as hell but it's so heavily spammed it makes me wanna puke.

The new TD mission is fun and fast but im just geared by chance better for foran falls.

Kinda sucks when you have to suffer due to the masses but thats the way thing's seem to work if you let it get ya down.

let folks spam seabed till they rot once 1up hit's i'll be levin like mad so I NEVER again have to go there for levels and can go where I so please with or without a friggin group.

bloodflowers
Oct 9, 2007, 03:59 AM
I don't go to seabed much anymore. I used to do it for the money, but I'm happier to just take a lower income and avoid the place now. People are so fixated and sloppy in that place that I found I was developing real contempt towards people there, even friends.

Just enter a fast runs party and walk through block 1, see how much meseta you see - carelessly left on the floor with the assumption that someone else will stop to pick it up.

dingo123
Oct 9, 2007, 04:08 AM
On 2007-10-09 01:42, Hatemachine wrote:
Aye havin the same issue myself tryin ta get my Fighgunner leveled for the 1up cup but finding groups is hard as sin even at 52.

So I turned to spammin the holy hell outta the foran falls run on c 5 mins for 2k exp 3k money with the odd dorso found as well.

Seabed just gets boring as hell but it's so heavily spammed it makes me wanna puke.

The new TD mission is fun and fast but im just geared by chance better for foran falls.

Kinda sucks when you have to suffer due to the masses but thats the way thing's seem to work if you let it get ya down.

let folks spam seabed till they rot once 1up hit's i'll be levin like mad so I NEVER again have to go there for levels and can go where I so please with or without a friggin group.

lol u can do seabed C less than 4 minutes and get 3k xp

lethe
Oct 9, 2007, 04:14 AM
On 2007-10-09 02:08, dingo123 wrote:

On 2007-10-09 01:42, Hatemachine wrote:

lol u can do seabed C less than 4 minutes and get 3k xp

he said he didnt want to do seabed, i agree with most ppl, even if seabed took 5 minutes and gave me 20k exp i wouldnt do it, its full of rude ppl and gets boring fast

Cerberus1981
Oct 9, 2007, 06:34 AM
Maybe if this game threw you a bone every now and then.

The game has been out nearly a YEAR and I can count on one hand the number of S ranks I've seen drop in a thousand+ hours of play. I used to run all the S2s but what's the point when it's quicker and easier to just earn the money?

I find Labs tedious but usually run it a few times a day to get cash for A rank boards, for most people though, labs is the only way they will ever get the S rank weapons they are after, that's why this game is so flawed, it actually encourages you to spam the same mission over and over because it's the easiest option. Personally I would love for everybody to scatter and hunt S ranks but few people do and I find it boring and too much of a slog to solo S2s even as a L93 Cast gunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-09 04:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-09 04:38 ]</font>

Yuicihi
Oct 9, 2007, 06:55 AM
The 360 version has never been as populated as it was in the beta. It's a pity, actually. It stablized for some time after it, but got blown up after Halo 3. I think only Uni 1 now is fully populated.

The sad thing is, outside of a few people (Maelee, for example), I really have no one left to play with. My original team quit playing.

Cerberus1981
Oct 9, 2007, 08:38 AM
For some reason there's never been people that I play with regularly on PSU, there's a few people that always seem to chase me down and invite me to their party if they see me in the lobby but I spend 99% of my time in random parties.

With PSO on the DC I played with the same bunch of people non stop (all from IGN) and it was always a giggle, the community thing was a big part of why I loved that game so much.

God, I miss those carefree days of college and nights of going to the pub and playing PSO with friends. I've become a drone and a wage slave who's main purpose of getting out of bed in the morning is to pay bills. Enjoy every minute of your youth you lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-09 06:45 ]</font>

Sekani
Oct 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
The best cure for PSU burnout is to play something else until the game changes enough to become interesting again (like an expansion).

Shishi-O
Oct 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-10-09 01:33, IsoDonk wrote:
...super hot murder machine lfg and good times?

Either way, yeah. I'm sick of seabed, I don't mind a few runs but it's just such a grind.

I actually managed to find a couple of fellow Brits last night and we (gasp) went to Neudaiz for a change! Granted with our precisely zero gunners we got a bit owned by the S Onmagoug but, you know. I think between us we got through five Scape Dolls but when two of your team are plucky FTs... yeah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IsoDonk on 2007-10-09 01:35 ]</font>
lolz, so many people repeat that line to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shishi-O
Oct 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-10-09 04:34, Cerberus1981 wrote:

Maybe if this game threw you a bone every now and then.

The game has been out nearly a YEAR and I can count on one hand the number of S ranks I've seen drop in a thousand+ hours of play. I used to run all the S2s but what's the point when it's quicker and easier to just earn the money?

I find Labs tedious but usually run it a few times a day to get cash for A rank boards, for most people though, labs is the only way they will ever get the S rank weapons they are after, that's why this game is so flawed, it actually encourages you to spam the same mission over and over because it's the easiest option. Personally I would love for everybody to scatter and hunt S ranks but few people do and I find it boring and too much of a slog to solo S2s even as a L93 Cast gunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-09 04:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-10-09 04:38 ]</font>
have u noticed the game rewards group rare hunting? or is that just me.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 9, 2007, 10:07 PM
Go rent God Hand for PS2 and play that. Take time off of PSU until 1UP cup.

If you beat God Hand too soon, then go rent Gears of War(360), Metroid Prime Corruption(Wii), Sonic the Hedgehog(PSTripple).

But do beat God Hand. It has the most fabulous ending song ever. Better than everything in METAL WOLF CHAOS.

True story.

lethe
Oct 9, 2007, 10:19 PM
not trying to promote but if 360 players find their groups withering due to halo 3 and what not, my groups always open to new members, we just dont wish to be too awfully big a group (virtual family makes it funner XD)
oh and Shishi-O it turns out i cant accept friend requests over the website http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Lavie
Oct 9, 2007, 11:57 PM
amusingly, the ps2 population hovers at whatever the newest co-op is, with atleast 2 groups at about every other main counter....makes me wonder if *gasp* the ps2 population is getting larger then the 360.....

Chrishu367
Oct 10, 2007, 12:08 AM
If only. I can't find a group for Her Secret Mission for the life of me.

Lavie
Oct 10, 2007, 11:22 AM
the reason ya dun find people fer hsm, is true darkness is faster, easier(none of that connection lost insta-fail mission crap) gives 66 mp fer S ranking C, along with decent exp. infact, i did some speed C runs(66 beast, and a 59 cast) and got a lvl 8 to lvl 12 AND to hunter 10 in a couple hrs