PDA

View Full Version : Her Secret Mission

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 10:51 PM
why no matter the level of players, people are terrified of doing the run on b?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 8, 2007, 10:52 PM
More importantly, why did this need its own topic?

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 10:56 PM
On 2007-10-08 20:52, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
More importantly, why did this need its own topic?

dude i wanna be able to finish my drink without spitting it up

LLSmoothJ
Oct 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
Well for some cases, people ususally do the runs on C because they often have people who aren't at the right level in the party.

Myself, the only way I even do a C with my CAST and Beast is if I'm helping low levels in my guild. Otherwise, I switch to my Newman and Human (Pretty soon I'll stop doing runs below a B regardless).

Turb0
Oct 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
Because people are scared of dying and they don't want to be known as people who die often? idk. I do B runs sometimes and they're not bad as long as you have some decent leveled/equipped people.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 8, 2007, 11:05 PM
Take one part 'highly restrictive mission',
add one part 'highly desirable reward even on lowest rank'
add one part 'general distrust in skill of fellow player'
blend for 15 minutes

Congratulations! Her Secret Mission C get!

Nemhy
Oct 8, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-10-08 21:05, beatrixkiddo wrote:
blend for 15 minutes

The distrust part made me spit my drink out. xD

Shishi-O
Oct 8, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-10-08 21:07, Nemhy wrote:

blend for 15 minutes

The distrust part made me spit my drink out. xD

yeah, really happy that i finished mine

Wallin
Oct 8, 2007, 11:33 PM
Have people no shame? Do you know how many millions if not billions of meseta in lunch money poor Bumani Sengol has given out since this mission started? The least you could do for her is fail it on B-rank a few times so that she can afford a pack of curry flavored Ramen, and maybe even some water to pour on it. She doesn't even need your help, she just temporary misplaced the samples! Greedy thieves, I tell you...

Genoa
Oct 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
I didn't like B because... it was hard enough to find a B party, if you DID, you probably had a couple of members who just BARELY made the lvl.requirement >_>, and... it rarely worked out <_>

C's faster and safer (duh) and it still pays hella reward? I think another reason I keep doing it is because I quit for a little bit, and when I came back...
I went from spamming Crimson Runs... to HSM. I honestly thought it wasn't that fair that we could max out classes so fast and easily... but since AoI is making the max lvl.20 now, I didn't seem to care as much.

But I'm spamming True Darkness anyways <_> Seems to get some better drops and so-so exp.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2007, 12:21 AM
[B] HSM C

highly restrictive mission x1
highly desirable reward even on lowest rank x1
general distrust in skill of fellow player x3

Synth time: 15 min

1000% success, infinite uses.

lolya.

Mystil
Oct 9, 2007, 01:03 AM
Because bare minimum players for B can't pull off an S on B.

HSM sucks so bad now that when I join a team, I instantly know who's going to die and I haven't been wrong yet ;p.

mvffin
Oct 9, 2007, 02:09 AM
even if you get an A on it, the payout/time is still better than doing C missions. sux that you pretty much need 2 or more ppl at level 65+ to do it easily. half the time i go in there looking for C i get sucked into B. and I rarely regret it.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2007, 02:17 AM
Well now there's TD which is better for exp, and the mp is great too, maybe not as good as HSM, but hell of a lot easier and no time limit to stress. But HSM is fun when u play with friends. I like challenge mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ashley50
Oct 9, 2007, 03:29 AM
High Level people that can do B Ranks, yet still does C Ranks is because:

-They haven't Honed Their skills yet...
-they don't want challenge
-they die...A LOT

To put it bluntly...they Suck

CelestialBlade
Oct 9, 2007, 06:50 AM
The only real reason people do HSM, at least as far as I've seen, is for the MP. Get a few levels on you, decide what class you're shooting for, cram in HSM C, get to advanced class, and gtfo. So you can do far more enjoyable missions rather than finding shinies with people yelling about how you're not cutting corners fast enough. Sorry, I really do hate that mission XD

But anyway....just seems to me that HSM C is the fastest way to get MP, which seems to be the entire point of the mission. By the time you can run B, there's much better EXP-geared missions available to you.

Tetsaru
Oct 9, 2007, 07:12 AM
On 2007-10-09 04:50, Typheros wrote:
The only real reason people do HSM, at least as far as I've seen, is for the MP. Get a few levels on you, decide what class you're shooting for, cram in HSM C, get to advanced class, and gtfo. So you can do far more enjoyable missions rather than finding shinies with people yelling about how you're not cutting corners fast enough. Sorry, I really do hate that mission XD

But anyway....just seems to me that HSM C is the fastest way to get MP, which seems to be the entire point of the mission. By the time you can run B, there's much better EXP-geared missions available to you.

I couldn't agree with you more. I only do it so I can level my basic classes quickly and get to my advanced classes. Once I hit Lv10 Force with my alt, I switched to FT and went straight to a buff party to get all my buffs to Lv21, lol... >_<

Gen2000
Oct 9, 2007, 01:56 PM
Actually, there seems to be more HSM B games recently. It's not a lot and of course there are waaaaaaaaaay more HSM C games going but I was surprised at the amount of random HSM B games I got when I went there last week.

It's a nice mission, HSM B proves that it doesn't have to be so tedious, and I would like to do HSM A at least once more before my PSU life ends since I understand exactly what to do but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.