PDA

View Full Version : Rabol Rappy and 1up Cup

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
So, I just picked up a Rabol Rappy on the 360 Server for a nice 700k. Well, by nice, I mean it was the lowest price I could find. It's only at a 10% Light element - I cared more for the stats than the Elemental Defense, along with not wanting to be owned at True Darkness.

Then I read up on the 1-Up Cup stuff. Apparently, Rabol Rappy is purchasable with the feathers?

Crap.

So, should I hold on to this armor? Or do my best to get rid of it and profit / break even before 1-Up rolls around?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashkahn on 2007-10-09 16:17 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Oct 9, 2007, 06:14 PM
Extra monies ftw.

Well, it's up to you. Extra cash or use for longer time?

Gryffin
Oct 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
Depends. Any feather prizes you want? Rabol Rappy is 25 feathers...

AerisZeal
Oct 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
Dunno, really the only reason to keep it in favor of the bought one is because of the elemental percentage and since we don't know (Correct me if I'm wrong.) the percentage on the bought one it's a hard decision.

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, the Formalwear and Rappy Suit would be nice...

Especially Rappy Suit combined with a Rabol Rappy. That would be very entertaining.

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 06:18 PM
I just updated my post to contain the element. It's only a 10% Rappy.

AerisZeal
Oct 9, 2007, 06:24 PM
Then again, as other posters have noted, it's expensive as far as feathers go. Since you already have it you can spend those feathers on something else. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2007, 06:27 PM
Lol. The 7Up Rabol Rappy will be 25% light.

pikachief
Oct 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:15, Gryffin wrote:
Depends. Any feather prizes you want? Rabol Rappy is 25 feathers...

the feathers arent hard to get in the event

Zorafim
Oct 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
Just making sure. You can get 30 feathers from doing all the rank C missions, 30 more for the Rank B, and 30 more for Rank A?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:32, Zorafim wrote:
Just making sure. You can get 30 feathers from doing all the rank C missions, 30 more for the Rank B, and 30 more for Rank A?

Yes, unless I am mistaken. On each character. So if you have 4 level 55 characters, you can get 360 feathers.

pikachief
Oct 9, 2007, 06:36 PM

no 30 feathers for doing them each once, then 30 again for doing them each on A and u can do A as mcuh as u want for them.

Only bad thing is that they only release 1 mission a week but the last week has all 4 :/

Dragwind
Oct 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds like a more than decent light armor. I suppose I'll pick that one up.

mizukage
Oct 9, 2007, 06:41 PM

Is there a time limit? More over, if he fail to get the rappy feathers, he won't be getting any ragol rappy if he had sold it for profit. Besides, its never too late to sell the ragol rappy for extra meseta after the 7up cup and also that the rappy feathers can be spent on other stuff. Thus, I don't think it is wise to sell the ragol rappy before the 7up cup.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2007, 06:42 PM
I'll try getting one for each of my characters, as armor synthing isn't my forte~

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
Okay then. I'll just hold onto it for now.

It's a pretty solid armor, anyways. I don't really have any fault with it. I was just worried that I had wasted 700k.

Vegechan
Oct 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
IMO, you should try and sell it to make some money, or you could save it and give it to an alt. character.

Wallin
Oct 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
I am so confused, what are you guys talking about?

The way I understand it is that you can get 10 feathers for completing all the C rank missions, 10 more for completing all the B rank missions, and 10 more for the A rank, making 30 feathers per character. And as far as I know, you can only get the feathers from each rank once per character.

Can someone clarify this?

Ashkahn
Oct 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
As far as I've read, that is the case, Wallin, making a grand total of 120 feathers for having 4 level 55 characters.

However, we can't discount the fact that Rappy appearance rates are being significantly heightened during the 7up Cup. So take a maximum figure with a grain of salt.

Wallin
Oct 9, 2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but as significant as it may be, have you ever tried to calculate the number of Rappy Feathers it takes to get the 5 Formalwear, the 5 Formaldresses, the 10 Bikini Swimsuits, the Rabol Rappy, and the Rappy Mode? I think I saw someone on the PSO forums that it costs 480-something.

Fatima
Oct 9, 2007, 09:11 PM
Isn't it 1-up cup?.....or am I delirious and its actually the soda company sponsering this? XD
I don' t know why you'd want all ten....that may be especially difficult if it turns out you can't choose the color of your formalwear/bikini....

Wallin
Oct 9, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-10-09 19:11, Fatima wrote:
Isn't it 1-up cup?.....or am I delirious and its actually the soda company sponsering this? XD
I don' t know why you wouldn't want all ten....that may be especially difficult if it turns out you can't choose the color of your formalwear/bikini, but at least they're sexay!

Yes, it is 1-Up Cup. Also, fixed.

Elaniel
Oct 10, 2007, 05:42 AM
So if you complete them all on A ranks, then you get 30 rappy feathers correct? But you don't get these until after the event is over?

SO I can't do them all on A's and get 30
then do them all on B's and get 20 more?

Wallin
Oct 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:50, Wallin wrote:
The way I understand it is that you can get 10 feathers for completing all the C rank missions, 10 more for completing all the B rank missions, and 10 more for the A rank, making 30 feathers per character. And as far as I know, you can only get the feathers from each rank once per character.

On 2007-10-09 16:52, Ashkahn wrote:
As far as I've read, that is the case, Wallin, making a grand total of 120 feathers for having 4 level 55 characters.

I don't know where you're getting 30 and 20 from. I already gave the example, you get 10 feathers per rank, but only the first time you run through all the missions of that rank. So if you do all the C missions you get 10, you do the B missions you get an additional 10 for a total of 20, and do the A you get 10 more for a grand total of 30 (and apparently we're not sure if it's repeatable).

And you get these during the event, however you will not be able to get them until at LEAST the 4th week of the event. In order to get them in the fourth week, you must do the missions from the 1st week (on Parum), 2nd week (Moatoob), 3rd week (Neudaiz) and the 4th week (Guardian's Colony), which completes the set. Once one week ends, the mission on that planet closes (so once the 1st week is over, Parum closes, and Moatoob opens, and so on). The 5th week (and any weeks after that if we hopefully get at least a 6th week) is when all of the planets open again and you can finish any of the missions that you missed and/or re-run it or freely create new characters to do all the missions at once depending on how it works.

So pretty much you can hunt for rares during the entire event, but you're not really going to get Rappy Feathers as a reward until the end of the event. Rappies will still spawn throughout the entire event though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-10 15:57 ]</font>

Turb0
Oct 11, 2007, 12:07 AM
I would sell it. Feathers won't be hard to come by in the cup so (I'm guessing) the prices of rabol rappy will drop significantly.

pikachief
Oct 11, 2007, 12:18 AM
On 2007-10-09 16:50, Wallin wrote:
I am so confused, what are you guys talking about?

Can someone clarify this?

if u do each run once with your character the first time u get 30 rappy feathers. it doesnt matter what rank. after u get the 30 rappy feathers on C B or A, tehn u can only get 30 AGAIN if u do all of them on A rank

bloodflowers
Oct 11, 2007, 12:46 AM
I've been thinking of selling mine (26% light), I suppose it would still fetch a couple of million, but .. then I think about keeping it, because it'll be different to the one everyone else has.

pikachief
Oct 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
On 2007-10-10 22:46, bloodflowers wrote:
I've been thinking of selling mine (26% light), I suppose it would still fetch a couple of million, but .. then I think about keeping it, because it'll be different to the one everyone else has.

sell it. it wont be different, someone can take your account and switch armors when your asleep and you'll never notice >.>

I'd take profit over having a slightly different version of something.

thats like bieng excited for having 10% sori senba, because everyone else has 11 >.>