PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler speculation PSU ep1 to ep5

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
So yes, there was a rumour of a five year plan. Now I've basically thought of this and decided to give out my ideas of what they could be doing.

ep1 = we already know
ep2 = likewise
ep3 = illuminus (gets into the virus story etc..)
ep4 = the war breaks out again between races
ep5 = the ending after the war, final peace

Those are just the main ideas, but that's not all..

I suggest PvP come into play at ep4, since there's a war between races, it would seem logical. I dunno if they're actually going to go this far into the game but they might create more of a PSO type of continuity, so basically they bring on another planet or totally different area at some point (the SEEDs original spawn, which is probably in ep3). Now remember this is just rly general ideas and HAS NO BASE OR SOURCE WATSOEVER, so don't come up saying its stupid or anything, I'm just suggesting possibilities. And I wondered if some ppl thought the same.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
Episode 3 is the final episode of the current story, so no.

Zorafim
Oct 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
Wasn't it stated that Ep.3 was the last in the series?

Fornever
Oct 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
Also episode 1 and 2 took place in a years time, so it would be leik 4 years

Dragwind
Oct 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
LOL SPOILERS?

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:32, Zorafim wrote:
Wasn't it stated that Ep.3 was the last in the series?

Well I did say it was an idea, cos I doubt they'll stop at EP3. They might make some more advanced version later but I doubt it'll stop at EP3.

AerisZeal
Oct 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
PSO stopped at Episode 4. So it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that it stops here. On the other hand you're right, I doubt they'll stop so soon. The game is only a year old ending it now would be kinda... odd, to say the least.

Sinue_v2
Oct 9, 2007, 06:54 PM
They might have had a 5 year plan, but it's possible that the lower popularity of the game has made them change their mind and cut the series short. It's also possible that Sonic Team is bundling several different stories together into one game engine. So while Ep I - III focus on Ethan, the Illuminus, and the SEED - Episodes IV - VI might take place several years (perhaps several millenia) in the future and revolve around totally new characters and a new storyline.

I doubt there will be a second "War between the races", though they may flirt with the possibility. As I've said all along, the Illuminus are likely just being used to further a darker and more annihilistic goal. I believe that Hauser is following the call of the darkness and the focus will shift quite quickly into Ep III to reflect this, and I believe that Hauser will betray the Illuminus once he no longer needs them. Not unlike how he betrayed the Mother Brain.

PSO stopped at Episode 4. So it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that it stops here.

I think there will at least be an Episode IV. Phantasy Star had four games. Phantasy Star Online had four Episodes (even after saying Ep III was the last). I believe that PSU will have an Episode IV, and I also believe that there will be one more addition to the Phantasy Star franchise - another series of four games or episodes to close out the franchise. Perhaps one that draws the entire franchise together - much the same way PSIV drew the entire PS series together.

Phantasy Star seems to have the curse of threes - PSIII was the black-sheep of the original series, PSO Ep III was the black-sheep of the PSO series. PSU, the third installment of the franchise, has meet with a lot of criticisms and seems to be the black-sheep of the franchise. So we'll have to see whether they cut their losses after PSU or if it spurs them to create a fourth installment to the franchise which redeems it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-10-09 17:02 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 9, 2007, 06:58 PM
As much as I would love to see yearly expansions for PSU to carry it for 5 years I am curious if Sega is willing to put that much investment into the series.

Then again... its not like their other franchises are doing much better. (I'm looking at you Shining Force and Sonic).