PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: So I just lost all my on-hand weapons, armor,

Broodstar1337
Oct 9, 2007, 11:10 PM
Earlier today I was hacked out of all my goods. Well, I'm gonna go ahead and assume it was a hack since a guy got a hold of my Xbox gamertag and did terrible, horrible things such as somehow wipe my entire palette of weapons, armor, and on-hand meseta. I'm down to running with Ulrods and I don't have any money to get armor. This is what I've reported to Sega as being lost:

Weapons:
Two Mayrods with three grinds each
One Mayrod with six grinds
One Howrod with one grind
One Howrod with two grinds
One Rayharod with four grinds
One Lidra with two grinds
One Kikami with one grind
One Roksari with two grinds

Armor:
One Sori-Senba 11% ice
One Hiragi-Senba 10% fire
One Hiragi-Senba 16% light
One Hoza-Senba 16% dark
One Hoza-Senba 12% lightning
One Hoza-Senba 18% earth
One Gi/Magic armor slot
One Mega/Rainbow armor slot
One Garment Aura armor slot

On-hand Meseta lost: Approx. 520K

Who wants to touch me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broodstar1337 on 2007-10-09 21:13 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Oct 9, 2007, 11:21 PM
sucks

Midicronica
Oct 9, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hmm, that sucks. But I just can't bring myself to believe you, man.

PJ
Oct 9, 2007, 11:25 PM
It's not REALLY a hack if they just got a hold of your gamertag... or maybe I don't know how Gamertags work.

DanMalak
Oct 9, 2007, 11:26 PM
dam that sucks, I would help you out and give you some stuff so you can atleast decent stuff, but I am on the pc/ps2 servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 9, 2007, 11:27 PM
Mmm sounds like someone was trying to store things in shop for room and priced it at 1 meseta?

VanHalen
Oct 9, 2007, 11:30 PM
That sucks, hope they look into it.

I guess its not to late for the 1up cup to mean anything to you now eh?

mizukage
Oct 9, 2007, 11:31 PM
that sucks

Broodstar1337
Oct 9, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-10-09 21:24, Midicronica wrote:
Hmm, that sucks. But I just can't bring myself to believe you, man.

If I were you, I'd find it a bit hard to swallow myself...

Chrishu367
Oct 10, 2007, 12:10 AM
That's really terrible. I suggest you go buy Meseta from one of those sweatshops, to help recoup your losses.

landman
Oct 10, 2007, 03:02 AM
"Your" armor % sucks

I recommend you contacting Microsoft if it was a gamertag hack

ashley50
Oct 10, 2007, 04:33 AM
LOL Hacking on PSU 360?

UNBELIEVABLE

Zarbolord
Oct 10, 2007, 04:39 AM
I'm shocked... wasn't 360 suposed to be hackless? mwahahaha =_= Well GL in getting everything back.

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 05:14 AM
On 2007-10-10 01:02, landman wrote:
"Your" armor % sucks

Do you even know how hard it is, to successfully synth armors?

Kismet
Oct 10, 2007, 05:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And yes, synthing shit is hard.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 05:57 AM
On 2007-10-09 21:25, PJ wrote:
It's not REALLY a hack if they just got a hold of your gamertag... or maybe I don't know how Gamertags work.

All you need is the Gamertag name and the email they registered with it. When you put that info in to retrieve the Gamertag, it's basically yours now.

This is why you're supposed to randomize a brand spanking new hotmail name to use for your 360 account.

It's ridiculously easy to get someone elses e-mail especially if they use just one for everything.

I've got 3 gmail accounts, 14 hotmail ones, and 5 SBCYahoo ones. Not to mention my POL one.

The funny thing is, if you get in once, you can get in again and again. The email linked to the account is permanent and it acts as the password for logging in. Kinda funny. Now, if you lose it like this they may let you change it. I guess. Don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-10-10 04:02 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Oct 10, 2007, 06:06 AM
On 2007-10-10 03:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:

All you need is the Gamertag name and the email they registered with it. When you put that info in to retrieve the Gamertag, it's basically yours now.

This is why you're supposed to randomize a brand spanking new hotmail name to use for your 360 account.

It's ridiculously easy to get someone elses e-mail especially if they use just one for everything.

I've got 3 gmail accounts, 14 hotmail ones, and 5 SBCYahoo ones. Not to mention my POL one.

The funny thing is, if you get in once, you can get in again and again. The email linked to the account is permanent and it acts as the password for logging in. Kinda funny. Now, if you lose it like this they may let you change it. I guess. Don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-10-10 04:02 ]</font>

*Wow*. Good job on security there, Microsoft.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 06:12 AM
On 2007-10-10 04:06, Typheros wrote:

On 2007-10-10 03:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:

*Wow*. Good job on security there, Microsoft.

Well, I think you also use a security question you edit yourself, and the last four numbers of your credit card... but that can't be too hard to guess.

Unless you're crafty with your question and use the wrong answer as the real answer.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

amtalx
Oct 10, 2007, 06:19 AM
Actually, you need the email AND password to that email account retrieve a Gamertag. However, if you manage to get the email address, there are ways of getting their password too...

Lykos
Oct 10, 2007, 06:21 AM
Yeah, it isn't so much of a "hack" where someone is hacking the game itself, rather than they're getting your information to log on to your account. So yes, the 360 is still hackless, just gamertags aren't, weren't, and probably never will be. You just gotta be careful.
That sucks man.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 06:25 AM
On 2007-10-10 04:19, amtalx wrote:
Actually, you need the email AND password to that email account retrieve a Gamertag. However, if you manage to get the email address, there are ways of getting their password too...

Hotmail has got to be the easiest thing to get a password to that ain't yours.

And if I know how to do it, then i'm sure everybody else does too.

That's the thing I forgot.

You put the email and the emails PW to retrive the account. And since the account is part of the hotmail network, just lulz to that.

amtalx
Oct 10, 2007, 07:06 AM
Lets just say that to be safe you should be the ONLY person that knows the hotmail account attached to your Gamertag. Don't use the account for anything aside from that. Besides, Hotmails sucks muffins anyway so why would you want to use it for actual email?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-10-10 05:06, amtalx wrote:
Lets just say that to be safe you should be the ONLY person that knows the hotmail account attached to your Gamertag. Don't use the account for anything aside from that. Besides, Hotmails sucks muffins anyway so why would you want to use it for actual email?

'cause it's easy to create multiple accounts for trolling places. ;3

Not that I would know.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Broodstar1337
Oct 10, 2007, 08:00 AM
Does anyone know how long I have to wait until I get a response from Sega and/or get reimbursed?

Aries2384
Oct 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
Point is. It's not HACKING. Hacking would be script and lines of code. People take the "Hack" word far too liberally these days. "Oh i dropped all my stuff and someone picked it up... I got hacked!" You didn't get hacked. Someone either is a very good guesser, is your bestest friend Jimbo who lives next door (go beat his ass), or you slipped up on something and said something personal information related. Please refrain from using the phrase "I was hacked", again. It's overused.

As for a reply to the above post. I believe it will either :
A.) Be awhile
or
B.) Not happen at all. A email to the extent of "So sorry for your loss. Unfortunately blahblahblah we can't help you. Please keep playing PSU!(Give us your money k thx.)
Don't give up though. Takes time to get through corporate red-tape.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries2384 on 2007-10-10 07:10 ]</font>

landman
Oct 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
You have to be a little stupid or very inexperienced to give your account to someone loging in estrange links or whatever, but if you say you can get ANY password without the unconscious collaboration of the owner, then that is out of my knowledge, and what can I say, all my messenger contacts know the mail attached to my gamertag, ZOMG D:

Sekani
Oct 10, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-10-10 05:06, amtalx wrote:

FYI, you don't need to use a Hotmail account. Those things have shitty spam filters anyway.

Sekani
Oct 10, 2007, 10:10 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-10-10 20:43 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
Essentially what happened to the player was they were a victim of Phishing this was actually more of a problem on the 360 servers earlier in the PSU days, (Around when Endrum Remnants came about as the frist person I recall this happening too had their Grinna Bete S statue stolen >.>

Essentially what the person did was contact MS support and troll for information about the Gamertag (I lost my password, email address is wrong etc) until they got all the necessary information needed to access that person's gamertag. MS was supposedly offering people the option of calling Support and telling them you wanted that information Password Protected (you would provide MS with a password and if the person calling phishing for info didn't know it MS wouldn't talk to them.)

I think this is really only a 360 problem for this game right now as its the only game where there are "valuables" that can be taken. Also you dont' need to have a hotmail.com address for your gamertag you can associate any email address you want with your Windows Live ID.

Powder Keg
Oct 10, 2007, 12:11 PM
Weren't you the one who just made a BAAWWWW topic about how Famitsu is too late and "fuck this game anyway"?

Not making sense. If someone got ahold of your gamertag you weren't hacked. You either gave information that you shouldn't have to someone or the method the above poster mentioned is true, (he should actually delete that post to not give people ideas.._)

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2007, 12:19 PM
most of the things I mentioned above are supposed to be things MS looks out for in regards to this phishing. But if a Mod wants to have me edit my post I'll be more than happy to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I'd just suggest to anyone concerned this could potentially happy to you; to call MS Support and talk to them about increasing the security on your information.

Kylie
Oct 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hacking =/= cracking.

Still, sorry for your losses.

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2007, 12:34 PM
After looking around MS actually calls it pretexting.

Kylie
Oct 10, 2007, 12:38 PM
You know, one time I thought I had been hacked, but then I realized that I had stored all of my weapons with my alt (I think because I was trying to figure out which ones I would sell). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Broodstar1337
Oct 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
"I am sorry to hear about the loss of your gamertag and items, but we do
not compensate for item losses from XBOX Live security issues. What I
can do though is check our logs and trace the connection the gamertag
thief used back to their PSU account, and also see who they gave your
items too. Please email me your partner card id number so we can get
this information and deal with the cheaters."

Rachiegoth
Oct 10, 2007, 01:46 PM
There are also those official-looking emails that come from "Microsoft" or "Xboxlive.com" informing you about something or another and asking you to use their email link to login to your Xbox live account.

Probably the simplest way to phish someone's account.

Broodstar1337
Oct 10, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-10-10 11:46, Rachiegoth wrote:
There are also those official-looking emails that come from "Microsoft" or "Xboxlive.com" informing you about something or another and asking you to use their email link to login to your Xbox live account.

Yeah, that's the one I fell for. And when I realized someone was trying to phish me, I tried to change some of my account details. I still got phished, but I regained control of my Gamertag and the phisher is banned from PSU at least.

"Thanks ***********, I checked your account and was able to match the
login last night to another PSU account. We can ban the person who used
your gamertag. If you have any questions let me know, but that is
really
the extant of what we can do in cases like this.

-Jake
SEGA Support"

JAFO22000
Oct 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-10-10 11:56, Broodstar1337 wrote:

On 2007-10-10 11:46, Rachiegoth wrote:

Yeah, that's the one I fell for. And when I realized someone was trying to phish me, I tried to change some of my account details. I still got phished, but I regained control of my Gamertag and the phisher is banned from PSU at least.

"Thanks ***********, I checked your account and was able to match the
login last night to another PSU account. We can ban the person who used
your gamertag. If you have any questions let me know, but that is
really
the extant of what we can do in cases like this.

-Jake
SEGA Support"

Great, they banned him from PSU but are they going to inform MS about this guy? I mean, he phished for your XBL information so what's to say he won't do it again?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 05:58 PM
Cyber Terrorism is nothing to Ni-Pah about.