PDA

View Full Version : So when will we see the 12* Weapons/Armours?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
Eventually, and no sooner.

pionear
Oct 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
Topic? Will we be able to play missions where these items will drop? I mean, after 1Up cup is over, it will be time to start playing AoI...

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
AoI offline.

Yeah...

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 10, 2007, 08:00 PM
we already see psycho wands

THE JACKEL

Golto
Oct 10, 2007, 08:14 PM
THE JACKEL is correct 12* kubara rod and 12* kubara sword board do drop as area drops in v1. No 12* armor boards drop yet just the 11* Dulk Senba.

ryvius
Oct 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe in Aoi S2s

Whenever that is

:|

Dragwind
Oct 10, 2007, 08:54 PM
We'll see more eventually, with time.

ashley50
Oct 10, 2007, 09:02 PM
be patient...

majan
Oct 10, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-10-10 19:02, ashley50 wrote:
be patient...

being patient is one thing,but 2 weeks less than a year ago this game was released.

we still have not gotten the full content of the game yet.

yet,there is an expansion that will hit before we even see the full load of content from the original game.

that is extremely,extremely sad-stupid.

as someone on these boards once mentioned,we played a beta for a year or so.AoI = the real game.which is well and cool,but its utter bullshit that we paid 60 bucks for the game,and 10 bucks a month for a game that we have not fully experienced yet,still,and are obligated to buy an expansoin without even having fully experienced the first game yet.so thats 180 bucks(for people who bought it when it first came out) for 85% of a game.

call me an asshole,or a whiner,but I find this completely fucked up.

on topic,since japan didnt get any non-kubara 12* and some 11* items yet before AoI,dont expect to see any whatsoever before the expansion comes.the only 12* items well be seeing is the agito,psycho wand,svaltus sword,and what else is out?not sure but that might be all.this is a list of stuff I can think of offhand that we will not see till after the expansion comes..correct me if Im wrong at all:

all normal manufacturer 12* items(yohmei GRM and tenora)
muktengek 11* spear(Im pretty sure there is a shot of someone finding this item off of de lo ray in the expansion)
grand cross 11* twin saber
bulletdance 11* machinegun
yamata-misaki 11* twin claw
shiraha-zashi 11* dagger
hoshi-kikami 11* card

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-10-10 20:03 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hello, majan, welcome to online RPGs.

Micki_Monday
Oct 10, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-10-10 19:53, majan wrote:

be patient...

being patient is one thing,but 2 weeks less than a year ago this game was released.

we still have not gotten the full content of the game yet.

yet,there is an expansion that will hit before we even see the full load of content from the original game.

that is extremely,extremely sad-stupid.

as someone on these boards once mentioned,we played a beta for a year or so.AoI = the real game.which is well and cool,but its utter bullshit that we paid 60 bucks for the game,and 10 bucks a month for a game that we have not fully experienced yet,still,and are obligated to buy an expansoin without even having fully experienced the first game yet.so thats 180 bucks(for people who bought it when it first came out) for 85% of a game.

call me an asshole,or a whiner,but I find this completely fucked up.

on topic,since japan didnt get any non-kubara 12* and some 11* items yet before AoI,dont expect to see any whatsoever before the expansion comes.the only 12* items well be seeing is the agito,psycho wand,svaltus sword,and what else is out?not sure but that might be all.this is a list of stuff I can think of offhand that we will not see till after the expansion comes..correct me if Im wrong at all:

all normal manufacturer 12* items(yohmei GRM and tenora)
muktengek 11* spear(Im pretty sure there is a shot of someone finding this item off of de lo ray in the expansion)
grand cross 11* twin saber
bulletdance 11* machinegun
yamata-misaki 11* twin claw
shiraha-zashi 11* dagger
hoshi-kikami 11* card

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-10-10 20:03 ]</font>

Here Here lol!!

Mayu
Oct 10, 2007, 10:13 PM
be patient...

What he said

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2007, 10:22 PM
Svaltus sword is 10*, and Muktengek definitely drops from De Rol Le level 100+, as does Connie.

Anyway, you forgot to mention that every single melee and tech S-Rank also has a Kubara version yet to be released (side note: it looks like this will be area drops in AoI, at least some of them [Sweet Deathic is Rozenom, Gekitsunatac in Saguraki, Vishi Adac in Granigs Mine]).

EDIT: Had the Saguraki drop wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-10-10 23:28 ]</font>

AerisZeal
Oct 10, 2007, 10:24 PM
The other 15% will be in AotI or released while it's out to PSU, which will in
turn releasing it also for AotI.

Everything that data mining has showed us is that Sega had this expansion
in mind when they released PSU, so it's not horribly unimaginable that we
wouldn't see everything in the data within the first year. Improvements such
as shop search functions and the "Just" system however, were a side effect
of the players.

Why should that be a surprise to anyone? Gameplay changes when
introduced to a living player base. Saying we've been playing a beta for a
year is like saying any other MMO was in beta until it's first expansion/patch.
Of course it's going to change to better suit the players, not doing so would
be stupid of them as a company.

My opinion, all of this content was planned. To be released in an expansion
one year after the initial release of the game. Unplanned to them was the
amount of complaints the players would have with the game. To remedy this,
they changed up the gameplay and features a bit to better suit us and went
on with their plan.

majan
Oct 10, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-10-10 20:22, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Svaltus sword is 10*, and Muktengek definitely drops from De Rol Le level 100+, as does Connie.

Anyway, you forgot to mention that every single melee and tech S-Rank also has a Kubara version yet to be released (side note: it looks like this will be area drops in AoI, at least some of them [Sweet Deathic is Rozenom, Dollic in Saguraki, Vishi Adac in Granigs Mine]).

right-forgot about svaltus sword.

.....really?I thought the kubara versions were just like the rest of them where you sub the kubara wood for the walnas...i didnt think of that,or at least didnt think they would be distinct new items finadble in areas and shit..thats cool,I hope they take off the 10% PA reduction of kubara melee weapons.now THAT would be fuckin awesome.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-10-10 20:27, majan wrote:
I thought the kubara versions were just like the rest of them where you sub the kubara wood for the walnas...
That's how it works for ranged S-Ranks, but melee and tech Kubara copies have unique boards.

Neoptolemus
Oct 10, 2007, 11:07 PM
Imagine that EVERYTHING came out before the expansion. Think about it for a few seconds... everything that was seen from hacking and whatnot out and on our servers before the expansion. All weapons, all PAs and techniques and bullets, all stages. Everything! Ok, now think about being someone not getting the expansion. What would be the point in still playing if there wasn't going to be ANYTHING new? There would never be an update, because everything was already released. Now think of it from ST's standpoint -- not everyone will be getting the expansion. Many of those people will continue to play PSU and possibly play with AoI players. If everything was released pre-AoI, they wouldn't have any chance to find anything new, and we all know how people whine if there isn't any new content.

Is it unfair that there is stuff that hasn't been released yet? No! Just because the expansion is coming out, not everyone is going to be getting it. If you don't like the fact that you were playing a "beta version", as you put it, then don't get the expansion; keep playing the game that you think it should be and wait for the 12* weapons to drop as the rest of us enjoy our expansion.

Games improve over time. I commend ST for listening to what the players want while they were developing the expansion. How many people on here would be pissed if they just released new missions and weapons, without improving anything that we thought needed help (such as the Player Shop search function). We would have cried, "But what about fixing the problems?! I'm not gonna pay for new weapons when we should have gotten them in the first place!" And now that we are getting the problems fixed, people are crying, "We should have had those features from the start." My god! Be happy that we are getting new content on a regular basis, as well as an expansion that's sole purpose was to make the fans happy by giving them what they want.

[/rant]

Sinue_v2
Oct 11, 2007, 01:04 AM
Ok, now think about being someone not getting the expansion. What would be the point in still playing if there wasn't going to be ANYTHING new? There would never be an update, because everything was already released.

If you're trying to drive home the point that released content is a good thing because it keeps players interested, then you deserve a big fat FAIL. Obviously the strategy has not worked, since the population saw a large decrease in players around the first of the year, and has been steadily declining ever since. Many players and review outlets blasted PSU for a complete and utter lack of content, and it wasn't until just a few months ago that PSU pretty much passed the bare minimum of available content to keep most players happy - although many are already bored of it. To put it blutly, PSU just isn't as fun or rewarding as other online RPGs. Sure the hardcore grinders would probably have gotten bored and moved on, but PSU is a far more casual game - and for the casual players who don't have 10+ hours a day to spend grinding, even with all content unlocked from the word go would have lasted them several months - or more. As it was, they pissed everyone off by depriving the hardcore grinders of their top-tier missions and levels - as well as the casuals by having very little content to play around and have fun with.

I think this is one of the things that PSO did right (Esp Ep I & II), in that even while it wasn't very popular in it's own right - it provided tons of content right off the bat (thanks in part to cheating), and was fun and casual enough that players used it more as a social game where they got online, chatted with their friends, hunted their rares, and just had fun.

Fresh content is not the problem, obviously, when you have a playerbase that will spam TTF, or Forest, or Ruins, day in and day out for YEARS - and yet get bored of PSU in a few months.

Now, I do agree that some stuff should have been held back. Some quests, clothings, weapons, etc, and staggered out thoughout the game's life. However that should be the EXCEPTION, and not the RULE.

Perhaps AoI will fix this - since pretty much all the V.1 content will be released for it from day one - however PSU has already left a very bitter taste in many gamers mouths, and many of them are going to be turned off bad first impressions or bad word of mouth/reviews. They simply don't see a point in giving PSU another shot with games such as FFXI, WoW, ST:G, already out - and games like Tabula Rasa on their way.

To make a football analogy - Sega is a highschool freshman team, and their competition are NFL Pros. Sega dropped the fucking ball, and from where I sit in the bleachers, I don't see them getting it back. And a large part of it was their retarded content release schedule bullshit.

My god! Be happy that we are getting new content on a regular basis

Be happy? First of all, it's not "new" content that we've been getting, and secondly - we're consumers. The concept of beggars can't be chosers doesn't apply, so we shouldn't just "be happy" with what Sega is giving us if we aren't happy about it. That's no way to run a buisness - but then, this is Sega we're talking about here.