PDA

View Full Version : kubara melee PA damage handicap-is this still in AoI?

majan
Oct 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
topic-in v1,there was a handicap while using PA's on a kubara melee weapon.Im pretty sure this was calculated to be 10 or 20% or somewhere in between.

does this still exist in AoI?

Mayu
Oct 10, 2007, 10:29 PM
Should still exist

10%

Not sure if it increased

Rizen
Oct 10, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hm, I never knew about that. I will definitely try it when JP servers are back online and get back to you.

F-Gattaca
Oct 10, 2007, 10:47 PM
Why did they do that in the first place? And does the current cap apply to even non-black market copies, such as the Ank Bico and the Frying Pan? I never understood why they added the handicap in the first place ...

Mayu
Oct 10, 2007, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure why they did it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But yes ALL Kubara reflects it

Tamashi
Oct 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
The exchange for excess PP is less damage. Thats logically sound.

AzureBlaze
Oct 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
Isn't the handicap because kubara weps hit 1 more guy than regular weps of that type?

Like if your normal sword hits 3 guys, a kubara will hit 4 guys. But to make up for the extra hit ST felt they needed to make the atp get worse.

(personally, I think hit limiting on weps is absurd)

Itsuki
Oct 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
thats crea / claires, where aren't even kubara you are thinking of.

bloodflowers
Oct 11, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-10-10 21:08, Tamashi wrote:
The exchange for excess PP is less damage. Thats logically sound.

They already have lower ATP though generally, so its a double nerfing.

Mayu
Oct 11, 2007, 01:16 AM
All though they grind well

Well

Some of them at least

F-Gattaca
Oct 11, 2007, 01:36 AM
Al Dagac. It's lan 8 or 9* Kubara twin dagger and it has 96 ATP, and its PP isn't really good enough to offset it.

The grind table PSO-World has for the Dagac shows that while it does grind well, it doesn't particuarly seem to have a clear advantage over the Yohmei 9* dagger. Well, I'm not sure. I guess it's a goal to work towards = +10 Ice Al Dagacs. Not 50%s, just typical percentages.

majan
Oct 11, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-10-10 21:16, Itsuki-chan wrote:
thats crea / claires, where aren't even kubara you are thinking of.

so it doesnt effect crea weaps?

but yes,they do grind well,mostly,and yes,it is a nerf to offset the extra PP bonus...

so in the end,it evens out just like as if you had the original version of the weapon...more atp,less PP,or less atp cus of a handicap,and more PP?

you'd think due to the lower synth rate and rarity of kubara stuff that theyd be better in the end but it doesnt exactly seem that way.

I gave up on kubara melee a whle ago

panzer_unit
Oct 11, 2007, 02:15 PM
Aren't there S-rank melee weapons where going for a Kubara copy is the only way to have free choice of element?