PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: afk bullet leveling

norrisj15
Oct 11, 2007, 07:00 AM
ok so i know u can do it w/ the controller and the program, but is there a way to do it without a controller and just the keyboard? trying to help a few buddies that play keyboard style. thanks in advance!

Rizen
Oct 11, 2007, 07:50 AM
It's the exact same way. Just map a key instead of a joystick button.

Pulpy
Oct 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
Or you know actually level the bullets you lame wump.

DavidNel
Oct 11, 2007, 02:01 PM
Wait... AFK bullet leveling? Never heard of this. Well, I've seen it, but never understood it. Can someone please explain? Sounds really "interesting".

Kion
Oct 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
any bullet with out a knockback can be afk leveled. basically you situate yourself infront of the king go vahra in mad creaures. the king go vahra has a joke of an attack patern where all he does is stand there healing himself. you then equip the weapon with the bullet you want to level, turn on your automatic controller and walk away from the game. as the pp refreshes on your gun, your character will continue shooting and the vahra will continue to heal himself; you can come back to your game about 20 hours later to find the level on your bullet siginificantly increased.

DavidNel
Oct 11, 2007, 02:11 PM
That's really usefull to know! I can see what I'M doing tonight...

CelestialBlade
Oct 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
You can level knockback bullets this way, too. When they get knocked back, they just walk back to the same position they were in and look at you. Levelled Killer Shot this way, gonna do the same with the rest of my Bow and Rifle bullets, when I get around to it.

Crazy_Hunter
Oct 11, 2007, 03:29 PM
Wow! this sounds sweet! But whats the program you need to do this AFK bullet lvling?

Retehi
Oct 11, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-10-11 11:58, Pulpy wrote:

Because manually pressing a single button over and over, makes you such a big man!

DavidNel
Oct 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
Your thumb muscles will be HUGE!!

shotsfired
Oct 11, 2007, 07:40 PM
*adds turbo controller to christmas list for* my wife better hook me up!

Pulpy
Oct 12, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-10-11 13:34, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-10-11 11:58, Pulpy wrote:

Because manually pressing a single button over and over, makes you such a big man!

No because playing the game having fun and naturally leveling bullets is the way it should be done. And afk leveling all your bullets to 30 makes you such a big man too right?

bahk
Oct 12, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-10-12 21:12, Pulpy wrote:

No because playing the game having fun and naturally leveling bullets is the way it should be done. And afk leveling all your bullets to 30 makes you such a big man too right?

Yes because going into an S2 mission with your brand new level 1 bullet doing 100 damage a shot and missing 50% of the time is the way it should be done. Slowing down your parties for the next two months while these horribly slow PAs gradually level makes you such a big man too right?

Wallin
Oct 12, 2007, 11:35 PM

Hahaha...

Leveling skills isn't like raising a child, there's no magical feelings in watching the growth from 1 to 20+. I don't know about you, but my sole purpose for playing this game isn't so that I can watch the level number of my techs rise; nobody announces all of their skills gaining levels like their character does, or at the very least no one expects a pat on the head and a cookie for it like it was some monumental achievement.

There's a pretty big difference in something being easy, and something being so #@%# tedious and impossible to earn without using turbo and AFK leveling. I barely have enough time to cast buffs at the start of a mission and before the boss before people are charging in, like I seriously am going to go through probably 4,000 missions to get my buffs just to 20, let alone 30 and 40 for the expansion.

And like Bahk said, inferior skills are a pain in the butt that don't just affect yourself, they hurt your teammates as well. It's especially annoying with techs when all of your spells are missing because your range is too small, including Resta.

PJ
Oct 13, 2007, 12:09 AM

QQ

Kion
Oct 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
i agree with wallin; there's really no benefit that comes from naturally leveling bullets.

Dragwind
Oct 13, 2007, 01:29 AM
Of course, some* of those afk bullet raising people will then later brag that they leveled their bullets naturally and run around bragging. Real cool, yeah.

Egg99
Oct 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
I'm curious too, what's this "program" that the OP mentioned? You can't just do it with a turbo controller?

F-Gattaca
Oct 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-10-12 21:35, Wallin wrote:
Hahaha...

Leveling skills isn't like raising a child, there's no magical feelings in watching the growth from 1 to 20+. I don't know about you, but my sole purpose for playing this game isn't so that I can watch the level number of my techs rise; nobody announces all of their skills gaining levels like their character does, or at the very least no one expects a pat on the head and a cookie for it like it was some monumental achievement.

If what you say is The Way Things Are, then why will people congratulate others who announce a new level in their PA? Because I see that a lot, and I openly congratulate others who level their PAs naturally.

However, I have no real grudge against AFK bullet levelers. I just don't do it. I'd rather level them up through use.

I have 12 bullet PAs and I leveled them all to 30, with the exception of Killer Shot, which is 28. All of which came from playing the game rather than AFK leveling.

Same with my two melee PAs, they are capped at 30. I recently bought a new one, too.

On the flipside, I'm annoyed with all the "QQ MORE NOOB LOL" from AFK bullet levelers. I might not see any real wrongdoing in AFK bullet leveling, but it is still on a slope that is slippery ...

The "QQ MORE" mentality from AFK levelers reminds me of botters in other MMOs who have the nerve to gloat and lord it up over players because they let a program or macro play the game for them.

Well, whatever. If I really wanted to have a program play an MMO for me, I'd screw paying for PSU, RO, WoW, AO or whatever and just run Progress Quest (http://www.progressquest.com/).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-13 12:09 ]</font>

Mewn
Oct 13, 2007, 03:11 PM
If levelling PAs wasn't such an annoying drag in this game, there'd be far less need for AFK levelling. I don't really do it, but I don't mind it. It just says a lot about the PA levelling system.

On the flipside, I'm annoyed with all the "QQ MORE NOOB LOL" from AFK bullet levelers. I might not see any real wrongdoing in AFK bullet leveling, but it is still on a slope that is slippery ...
They're no worse than the 'lol u are a cheater/lamer/n00b for afk levelling' crowd. Not as if you actually need skill to level bullets, even if you level them naturally. Just a lot of patience.

Neith
Oct 13, 2007, 03:20 PM
This again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Got time to level them naturally? Do it, and shut up when people say they use AFK leveling.
Not got time/don't want to waste time doing it? AFK level then and don't brag about it.

I really fail to see why people find it so hard to comprehend that both methods achieve the same result, and the only reason AFK leveling works is because of the hiding spots/terrible enemy AI that players have learned to exploit.

Personally, I don't see how manually leveling them makes any difference. You still end up the same, but you gain EXP doing it. By AFK leveling, you can do it without boring yourself stupid, but gain no EXP.

Just get used to it and move on doing what you want, instead of starting this pointless argument again. Don't feed the troll, etc, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Remedy
Oct 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-10-13 11:46, Egg99 wrote:
I'm curious too, what's this "program" that the OP mentioned? You can't just do it with a turbo controller?The program in question is called Joy2Key. If you have a turbo controller for your PC, though, by all means, use it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DonRoyale
Oct 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm wondering, is there any way to do this without a turbo controller, joystick, etc.? Levelling my skills is such a pain...n.n

Balthasar
Oct 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
Speaking of taking advantage of terrible enemy AI and hiding spots, you can also afk level specific melee skills. My good friend (who shall remain nameless) afk leveled gravity break to 30 on mad creatures. However, he doesn't run around bragging about his PA levels.

Uh oh, skills too? I just gave you purists more to get angry about... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-Gattaca
Oct 13, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-10-13 15:57, Balthasar wrote:
Uh oh, skills too? I just gave you purists more to get angry about... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Best response to that would be Uriko's post:

On 2007-10-13 13:20, UrikoBB3 wrote:
This again? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Got time to level them naturally? Do it, and shut up when people say they use AFK leveling.
Not got time/don't want to waste time doing it? AFK level then and don't brag about it.

There'd probably be less of this if AFK leveling zealots would stop trying to provoke people who play the game.

On 2007-10-13 13:11, Mewn wrote:
They're no worse than the 'lol u are a cheater/lamer/n00b for afk levelling' crowd. Not as if you actually need skill to level bullets, even if you level them naturally. Just a lot of patience.

Point taken--but you know, that actually makes me curious as to what Sega thinks, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care, since autofire is a time-honored feature of game controllers ... which begs the question as to why they even added stuff like this if few people are willing to let it take its course through playing the game, like leveiing up itself.

Then again, it's not like in Armada Online where the devs have been actively trying to discourage "autoclickers," who are a hybrid of AFK levelers and botters (since they're not leveling any sort of photon art or weapon thingy, they're leveling up).

The above example with autoclickers is, by the way, one reason why I think of AFK leveling as a slippery slope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-10-13 16:17 ]</font>