PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: still possible to have gamertag stolen

NosajX7
Oct 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
I don't know how it happened, but my gamertag (and therefore, my characters) was deleted (the people at xbox live couldn't even find any history of it). I don't know how it happened, but I just want people to know that it's possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NosajX7 on 2007-10-11 09:15 ]</font>

amtalx
Oct 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
MS should still have a record of your old account and billing information. This sounds fishy...

Zorak000
Oct 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
it was never hacking, it's the act minipulation and exploitation of the 1-800-4-MY-XBOX operators to gain all the info you need to "recover" (read "steal") a GT on a 360. wich means you must NEVER tell ppl ANYTHING about yourself or you risk EVERYTHING

Sekani
Oct 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
1. Please remove the word "hacked" from your topic title. The continued misuse of this term on these forums is irritating.

2. Are you sharing an Xbox with someone else? I know Ryno had a similar problem with his gamertag suddenly not working, though I never found out the details.

NosajX7
Oct 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
1. I removed it, though I'm still not sure about people being able to use info about me to manipulate the operator. I don't tell anyone about myself other than people I already know very VERY well (lifelong friend).

2. no