PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Xbox360 Version

GuerillaPimp
Oct 12, 2007, 10:50 AM
Will this be a XBL download or will he have to buy a whole seperate disc?

omegapirate2k
Oct 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
Its a download.

JAFO22000
Oct 12, 2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think specifics have been officially released, but signs point to the content being a downloadable purchase.

omegapirate2k
Oct 12, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-10-12 09:07, JAFO22000 wrote:
I don't think specifics have been officially released, but signs point to the content being a downloadable purchase.

I was under the assumption that the expansion being a download for us was from an official (or at least very reliable) source.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 13, 2007, 11:02 AM
...there could be number of disadvantages for being XBL download only instead of giving us option to choose...some might prefer it on a stand alone disc over storing the whole game file in their hard drive space including all the offline contents, also it could be a better marketing strategy to display AOtI as a new release on store shelves to attract more new players...

It shouldn't be too difficult for Sega to release it on separate disc as well as Live download on X360 if it can be done on PS2/PC, they could start with limited copies at 1st and then release more copies later if demands are met.

With the X360 PSU population gaining back since Halo3 madness, i think Sega got a fair chance to make it bigger w/ AOtI release if they try to. -_-

amtalx
Oct 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
Sony has some disc and online releases. It seems to be a viable model. Hopefulyl Sega will do the same thing.

Chaobo99
Oct 13, 2007, 12:05 PM
I want a disc >.>

ZEO_X
Oct 13, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-10-13 10:05, Chaobo99 wrote:
I want a disc >.>

Agree.

1. I dont have room on my HD
2. The mark up on MS points will cost more then driving to the store.
3. It will take forever to download

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZEO_X on 2007-10-13 10:33 ]</font>

amtalx
Oct 13, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-10-13 10:30, ZEO_X wrote:

Agree.

Direct downloads are always cheaper than buying it in the store. That's the whole point...

Pannonslayer
Oct 13, 2007, 04:53 PM
I always hate how if i want to buy something i have to buy a set amount of points and i always have like 200-50 points left over just sitting there looking back at me.

I wish they would let us just buy the stuff directly without buying the point packages.

Yuicihi
Oct 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
The idea of it being a pay download isn't going to help the community much, if at all. I imagine it hurting it, actually.

The fact that PSU has a monthly charge is what drove away 3/5 of the Beta players away in the first place. Most wouldn't have cared if it was for the $60 one time price, but remember you're paying for Live in addition to the $10 monthly.

An expansion pack is all fine and dandy in PC games. In fact, it's more or less a fact of life. However, this is the console scene, not the PC. I find most console players aren't exactly fans of DLC anyway.

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-10-13 15:06, Yuicihi wrote:
The idea of it being a pay download isn't going to help the community much, if at all. I imagine it hurting it, actually.

The fact that PSU has a monthly charge is what drove away 3/5 of the Beta players away in the first place. Most wouldn't have cared if it was for the $60 one time price, but remember you're paying for Live in addition to the $10 monthly.

An expansion pack is all fine and dandy in PC games. In fact, it's more or less a fact of life. However, this is the console scene, not the PC. I find most console players aren't exactly fans of DLC anyway.

Time 1billlion in Saying this...You don't Need Gold Account to Play PSU or FFXI you only need Silver...and thats Free

Also...Gamestop does NOT have a Listing for a 360 version

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=phantasy+Star+Universe&N=0

So EXPECT it as a DLC that why I keep asking every where how big will the Game DOWNload be...

And for those with Small harddrives/no harddrives....Sorry for you.

Sekani
Oct 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
The expansion pack to Oblivion was download only, I don't remember too many complaints about that.

Then again, that could be because anyone who would have complained didn't have an internet connection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-10-13 16:02, Sekani wrote:
The expansion pack to Oblivion was download only, I don't remember too many complaints about that.

Then again, that could be because anyone who would have complained didn't have an internet connection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yah All I heard was I wish I could get it...BTW on the Same note on Oblivion their will be a Free DLC staring Monday OCT 15th till OCT 22

MY only real complant is we need a Release date as it Goes through M$ Certifictation process and I would also Like to know what The File Size will be and other Tech related Stuff..

funnymatt
Oct 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
I saw the Oblivion "Shivering Isles" expansion available for 360 on Amazon.com as a disc for about $30. I don't know when it comes out on disc, but it does indicate the ability to release something as both a download and on disc. That being said, I'll be downloading AOTI. Gotta do something with all the excess space on my Elite.

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-10-13 16:22, funnymatt wrote:
I saw the Oblivion "Shivering Isles" expansion available for 360 on Amazon.com as a disc for about $30. I don't know when it comes out on disc, but it does indicate the ability to release something as both a download and on disc. That being said, I'll be downloading AOTI. Gotta do something with all the excess space on my Elite.

Yea thats New For Oblivion they also just came out with a Game of the Year ed. that has the game and ALL -1 (the new one next week which is the final) on the Disk

Kuruda
Oct 13, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-10-13 10:54, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-10-13 10:30, ZEO_X wrote:

Agree.

Direct downloads are always cheaper than buying it in the store. That's the whole point...

That depends really.... If you're the type that only uses a 360 to play PSU only then it would be the same price as retail if not more expensive. The download will likely be around 2400 MS points, meaning you'll be paying the same amount in the long run since you'll have to buy 2000, then 500.

Gotta give those guys credit though, from a marketing standpoint the pricing on point increments versus the pricing of the actual content is genius lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kuruda on 2007-10-13 16:44 ]</font>

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
So Far PSU and FFXI have Been a Credit Card only Affair...meaning No point nessary...Also I Hope that the 360 Version is at least 10$ cheaper than the Disk version...Should be cheapers as their is no...

1. Retail Disk so no printing cost
2. No Shipping Cost
3. No need for Shelp Space
4. No Ad budject yet spent Really on markets outside JP excemt on their own Sites/Fansites
5. only M$ and Sega have to Get a Cut on the money

Where it will have problems....

1 Game Retailers whill whine about being cuy out of the loop as the make 12$ on a 60$ game
2. Gamers without HD space will pee and moan about not having enough HD space
3. Gamers With only a MU will pee and moan about not understaing why they need a HD as they Still have trouble with the unlocking of disk content and REAL DLC
4. SEGA and M$... money lust
5. Following Sony lead on Stupidity for DLC and bowing to retailers.

Kuruda
Oct 13, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-10-13 16:59, buzyb77 wrote:
So Far PSU and FFXI have Been a Credit Card only Affair...meaning No point nessary...Also I Hope that the 360 Version is at least 10$ cheaper than the Disk version...Should be cheapers as their is no...

1. Retail Disk so no printing cost
2. No Shipping Cost
3. No need for Shelp Space
4. No Ad budject yet spent Really on markets outside JP excemt on their own Sites/Fansites
5. only M$ and Sega have to Get a Cut on the money

Where it will have problems....

1 Game Retailers whill whine about being cuy out of the loop as the make 12$ on a 60$ game
2. Gamers without HD space will pee and moan about not having enough HD space
3. Gamers With only a MU will pee and moan about not understaing why they need a HD as they Still have trouble with the unlocking of disk content and REAL DLC
4. SEGA and M$... money lust
5. Following Sony lead on Stupidity for DLC and bowing to retailers.

FFXI is a non factor, I don't even know why you mentioned it since no payments are done through XBL. It uses the same POL billing system across all platforms. PSU's subscription fee is done through XBL, but there is a difference between paying a subscription fee and buying downloadable content.

I would be fairly shocked if AoI wasn't a regular point download like every other add-on/expansion for every other 360 game that has had one. It really makes zero sense for them to do it any other way.

As far as the cost being lower than it would be at retail goes.... It is a possibility, but I doubt it. My guess is 2400 MS points. If i'm wrong, then i'm wrong, but looking at the standard for DLC pricing it seems likely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kuruda on 2007-10-13 17:41 ]</font>

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
yeah 2400M$ points or 30$ sounds about correct I mean it should be Cheaper that the Disks...

And why Did I bring up FFXI... Well if NOV 20th is the Correct date FFXI comes out the Same day and its offer in 2 way for the 360 if I remember Correctly A Stand alone Disk and a Complete Disk Compulation.

Also it is the only other Paid MMORPG on the 360. so it is the only compairson I can think of ATM.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 13, 2007, 08:00 PM
$49.99 for the retail version on X360 seems just right if they ever decides to release it that way and $10 cheaper for download version which comes at $39.99 USD.

I would prefer Down loadable content via Live since no more loading from a disc and less overheating on disc drive...unless by some miracle they give option to install minimum disc content to the hard drive to run online portion of the game and keep the offline content on disc....which is asking a bit too much for a mere console port...wait, is X360 a gaming PC or a console?? XD

The only deciding factor will be the file size indeed which could be from minimum 2 gigs to anywhere upto 4-5 gigs roughly, gosh i'm too lazy to free up space on my 20 gig HD and just imagine how long would that take to download the whole file including all the offline story mode chapters which i'll only play once or twice at most... and you can only download once to one X360 only for thos who got multiple boxes and plays PSU on all of them...

ZeroVer01
Oct 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
Once again, from Sega's official press release:

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus will be available on the Xbox 360 for download via Xbox LiveŽ, and in stores on the PlayStation 2 system and PC. With a GUARDIANS License, gamers can experience the new customizable and highly interactive features online.

Source (http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20070426a)

buzyb77
Oct 13, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-10-13 18:00, HyperShot-X- wrote:
$49.99 for the retail version on X360 seems just right if they ever decides to release it that way and $10 cheaper for download version which comes at $39.99 USD.

I would prefer Down loadable content via Live since no more loading from a disc and less overheating on disc drive...unless by some miracle they give option to install minimum disc content to the hard drive to run online portion of the game and keep the offline content on disc....which is asking a bit too much for a mere console port...wait, is X360 a gaming PC or a console?? XD

The only deciding factor will be the file size indeed which could be from minimum 2 gigs to anywhere upto 4-5 gigs roughly, gosh i'm too lazy to free up space on my 20 gig HD and just imagine how long would that take to download the whole file including all the offline story mode chapters which i'll only play once or twice at most... and you can only download once to one X360 only for thos who got multiple boxes and plays PSU on all of them...

yeah I upgraded to 120GB version recently so HD space...Not a Problem...