PDA

View Full Version : thank fiesta event?

WildArms2
Oct 12, 2007, 03:46 PM
i heard there was 2 parts to this and was wondering what was in part one the second part was listed here on PSOW in the news section.

How long did the fiesta last 4 weeks?

Did the first part go away after the second part was introduced? Are there any videos of these mission online?

Kylie
Oct 12, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'm guessing it's like Firebreak and The Cup, where the second "part" was introduced in the middle of the event. Such as, they added like two missions or something to the existing missions. Meaning that the first "part" stays.

Ryna
Oct 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
"Thanks Festa" was the one-year event anniversary for JP PSU in September. It consisted of a number of activities including an art contest, "Amy Survey", GM events, and special missions. The special missions were probably the highlight of the event.

Here is a brief overview of both missions:
-Available at the main counter on 5th floor of Guardians Colony.
-The general goal is to collect yellow orbs. Generally, these are hidden inside boxes, trees, or activated by well-hidden switches.
-After you complete the first block of a mission, you are given a choice as to which branch you would like to follow. You'll get different areas/bosses depending on which brand you follow.
-Each mission has different areas/bosses.
-At the end of a mission run, you fight two bosses back-to-back. For example, one branch has you fighting Onmagoug and Dimmagolus.
-Each mission typically consists of a few blocks. These blocks are typically slightly modified versions of blocks from existing Story, Co-Op, and Online missions.
-They feature increased exp. The exp modifier increases the further you go into the mission.
-Drop rates for boss box and enemy rares are reduced.
-The second mission was released one to two weeks after the first mission. When it was released, the first mission was temporarily removed. During the last week of the event, both of them were made available.
-If you get a rare map variation, you'll see multiple sets of rare enemies within the same mission.

This is a great event for gaining exp and finding hunter-related rares. I know a few people that were able to level multiple level 100 characters during this event. I recall getting from level 30 to around 45 in one afternoon.

Neith
Oct 12, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-10-12 16:49, Ryna wrote:
This is a great event for gaining exp and finding hunter-related rares. I know a few people that were able to level multiple level 100 characters during this event. I recall getting from level 30 to around 45 in one afternoon.

Wow, that's crazy.. is the EXP increase in the Famitsu/1Up Cup comparable at all to the Festa's?

Shiryuu
Oct 12, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-10-12 17:23, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Wow, that's crazy.. is the EXP increase in the Famitsu/1Up Cup comparable at all to the Festa's?

No. Festa goes up to 350%, Fam/1up only goes to 200-250%.

Neith
Oct 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
350%? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ah well, thanks anyway. 250% > 100% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

WildArms2
Oct 12, 2007, 08:10 PM
"Thanks Festa" was the one-year event anniversary for JP PSU in September. It consisted of a number of activities including an art contest, "Amy Survey", GM events, and special missions. The special missions were probably the highlight of the event.

Here is a brief overview of both missions:
-Available at the main counter on 5th floor of Guardians Colony.
-The general goal is to collect yellow orbs. Generally, these are hidden inside boxes, trees, or activated by well-hidden switches.
-After you complete the first block of a mission, you are given a choice as to which branch you would like to follow. You'll get different areas/bosses depending on which brand you follow.
-Each mission has different areas/bosses.
-At the end of a mission run, you fight two bosses back-to-back. For example, one branch has you fighting Onmagoug and Dimmagolus.
-Each mission typically consists of a few blocks. These blocks are typically slightly modified versions of blocks from existing Story, Co-Op, and Online missions.
-They feature increased exp. The exp modifier increases the further you go into the mission.
-Drop rates for boss box and enemy rares are reduced.
-The second mission was released one to two weeks after the first mission. When it was released, the first mission was temporarily removed. During the last week of the event, both of them were made available.
-If you get a rare map variation, you'll see multiple sets of rare enemies within the same mission.

Onmagoug and Dimmagolus and then the other 2 sets of bosses were the Zoal Goug/Magas Maggahna were these the only two sets of bosses avaiable to fight?

Different areas i heard that there were a few relic maps are the monsters there lv 100+? does that mean the psycho wand can drop in and increased rate you think?

Ryna
Oct 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-10-12 18:10, WildArms2 wrote:
Onmagoug and Dimmagolus and then the other 2 sets of bosses were the Zoal Goug/Magas Maggahna were these the only two sets of bosses avaiable to fight?

Different areas i heard that there were a few relic maps are the monsters there lv 100+? does that mean the psycho wand can drop in and increased rate you think?

In each mission, there were two different pairs of bosses. The pair you got depended on the path your team selected after block 1. For the first mission, one of the sets was De Ragan and De Ragnus. At the moment, I'm forgetting what the other set was for that mission. The pairs for the second mission should be mentioned in the news story. If you got the rare variation on either mission, Dulk Fakis was the boss.

On the first mission, one of the paths lead you through a short Relics area. It featured Zamvapas and Svaltus - very good for exp by the way. I believe they are level 100+ on the highest ranked variation. Since the Psycho Wand board is an area drop and the block is fairly short, that may not be a good way to hunt for that item.

WildArms2
Oct 12, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-10-12 18:28, Ryna wrote:

On 2007-10-12 18:10, WildArms2 wrote:

In each mission, there were two different pairs of bosses. The pair you got depended on the path your team selected after block 1. For the first mission, one of the sets was De Ragan and De Ragnus. At the moment, I'm forgetting what the other set was for that mission. The pairs for the second mission should be mentioned in the news story. If you got the rare variation on either mission, Dulk Fakis was the boss.

On the first mission, one of the paths lead you through a short Relics area. It featured Zamvapas and Svaltus - very good for exp by the way. I believe they are level 100+ on the highest ranked variation. Since the Psycho Wand board is an area drop and the block is fairly short, that may not be a good way to hunt for that item.

OK wow thanks for info soo now if anyone know the final set of bosses which I would assume have to be neudiaz robot and...fakis?

I didnt exactly mean that i would hunt psycho wand there but wondering if it can drop means that more psycho wands would be found at a faster rate seeing as everyone (2000+ people) will be doing the fiesta, compared to now where there is maybe 100 people trying to hunt for a psycho wand at most.

Svaltans oh wow that is great news thanks for that info I love fightning those dudes and they give great exp too

Ryna
Oct 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-10-12 18:39, WildArms2 wrote:
OK wow thanks for info soo now if anyone know the final set of bosses which I would assume have to be neudiaz robot and...fakis?

I just checked with Ban and he reminded me of the bosses. So, here is the list:

Mission 1
De Ragan / De Ragnus
Adahna Degahna / Dimmagolus
Rare: Dulk Fakis (forms 1 and 2)

Mission 2
Onmagoug / Dimmagolus
Zoal Goug / Magas Maggahna
Rare: Magashi versions of the two forms of Dulk Fakis

Itsuki
Oct 12, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-10-12 17:27, Shiryuu wrote:

On 2007-10-12 17:23, UrikoBB3 wrote:

No. Festa goes up to 350%, Fam/1up only goes to 200-250%.

Actually, you're wrong here. Festa had a 250% EXP increase, *BUT* it coincided with a system update that had a 190% increase in exp. So it was effectively 475% EXP increase.

Keep in mind aswell, that on the JP server, *ALL* mission have a roughly 190% increase in EXP.

February
Oct 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
I wish we'd get a massive Exp increase. I get too frustrated and bored leveling higher levels.

Lyrise
Oct 12, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-10-12 20:29, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Actually, you're wrong here. Festa had a 250% EXP increase, *BUT* it coincided with a system update that had a 190% increase in exp. So it was effectively 475% EXP increase.

Keep in mind aswell, that on the JP server, *ALL* mission have a roughly 190% increase in EXP.

Let me clean up the above. Festa really did have a 350% increase. However, that's a half truth because the modifier changes from map to map, and only 2 maps had the 350% mod, those being BOTH the DF fights. You started at 200%, and on average, it ends with you at 250% by the last block and 300% at the bosses. So really, you're starting at 3.8x, Average ending at 5.7x and 6.65x if you got the rare map with the DF fights (relative to the current rates on the US server).

Itsuki
Oct 12, 2007, 10:55 PM
I don't think that is right... I mean, I can believe 350% increase, but the progressively increasing increase... I don't know about that...

Lyrise
Oct 12, 2007, 11:01 PM
Well the thing was, you always started at 2 star counters, and that alone was 200%; every star counter was another 50% to the exp mod. 5 stars x50% = 350% since 0=100.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 12, 2007, 11:25 PM
Keep in mind, the EXP adjustments that came in the same update as Thanks Festa, as part of the AoI preparation changes, were not the same across the board.

This page has a chart showing how the base exp stat was changed per level.
http://psupedia.info/Changes_in_Ambition_of_the_Illuminus#Monster_stat_ changes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-10-12 21:26 ]</font>

Itsuki
Oct 12, 2007, 11:42 PM
Ahh, bea's chart is right. I'm suprised~ I had only checked like level 10, level 30, and level 50 or so, and all seemed roughly 1.9x (give or take some rounding). I didn't realize it trailed off after level 60 or 70 or so. But I just checked it now, and that chart is right~

WildArms2
Oct 13, 2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks eveyone...I don't think anyone will have to worry about exp at least til AOI comes seeing how in 1up cup we get 250% exp in the cup that alone will push all remaining players to lv 100.

_Wolf_
Oct 13, 2007, 07:00 AM
Sorry to get a little bit off topic but the 250% increase in experience is that regular missions, 1up cup missions, or both?

WildArms2
Oct 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
its for the 1up missions only...not the EX part of the 1up missions but the actual mission it self. The EX mission have 25% exp and HP of monsters