PDA

View Full Version : available npc partner cards?

nooblet
Oct 13, 2007, 12:13 AM
lately i have been really slacking, rather extremely lazy, on doing the online story missions. So Im wondering how many npc cards you can get and if possible on what mission?

So far as a human female, I got hyuga and leia.

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hmm... I got Lou in the second mission. I'm not sure about the others.

Reginaldo
Oct 13, 2007, 01:41 AM
Hm I'm going by memory so forgive me if I make a mistake. >.>

Chapter 1 - Laia's Card

Chapter 2 - Lou's Card

Chapter 3 - Hyuga?

Chapter 4 - Maya's Card

Chapter 5 -

Chapter 6 - Leo's Card

Chapter 7 - None

Chapter 8 - None

Chapter 9 - Tonnio

Chapter 10 - None

I think thats it >.>

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 01:47 AM
It doesn't really matter, since you can only bring 2 npc characters into any given mission.

Reginaldo
Oct 13, 2007, 01:56 AM
On 2007-10-12 23:47, Nyreal wrote:
It doesn't really matter, since you can only bring 2 npc characters into any given mission.

What does that have to do with anything? All he asked was which partner cards do we get in the story missions. -_-

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 02:13 AM
Excuse me for adding a piece of extra information. Jeezus. Relax.

Theoderic
Oct 13, 2007, 04:04 AM
Actually the NPCs you choose do matter, and allow for unique possibilities, when coupled together. Before the Dizas/Rentis nerf, Maya and GH452 could stack these on you (if Maya actually did something besides die so fast). For those luck critics (whether you think luck matters or not), Male Beast + Leo + Tonnio on a 3 star luck day will at the very least net you a higher frequency of actual drops. Same with Female Cast + GH4xx + Lou. There are also strategic benefits to NPCs. Healing classes (primarily FT) can use the 2 male beast NPCs as massive damage dealers and meat shields against hard to solo areas (easier on PS2, as per death penalty nerf). There is a theory I've been testing, and it holds true for me every time, and that is defense against Megid. Laia and GH4xx are seemingly immune to Incapacitate. The only times I've seen Megid OHKO either of them was during Firebreak, and that was due to the damage of Megid, not the effect (it always killed them, and me at that time, except with Rentis on). Now, Megid never kills either one.

NPCs also can work with certain gameplay styles better than others (although any NPC AI is rather horrid), and can provide help in some odd situations. Mix and match!

Just wait until AoI. Hopefully the 1st NPC we get doesn't suck.

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 04:10 AM
The first NPC will only be useful if it's somehow magically as smart as a PM.

Lolitecher
Oct 13, 2007, 06:44 AM
Good information to know, hopefully the AI for NPCs has gotten better in AoI, nothing like the sheer display of passive aggressiveness in the face of physical hostility and amazing walking into wall ability of NPCs in the original to instill fear in the hearts of enemies. Speaking of which, I was wondering, if those are the only partner cards available in AOI Story Mode, does that mean that the only way to get Karen and Nav's cards (Which probably make no sense story wise in AoI to have) is through importing data from PSU V1, or do they even carry over in the first place on the import? Much appreciated if anybody knows the answer ^_-