PDA

View Full Version : Armor % in AoI

Wallin
Oct 13, 2007, 02:10 AM
How effective is armor elemental % now in AoI?

I came across a player in Linear Line S tonight who had 50% B-rank armor, and she mostly taking 0 damage and couldn't be killed by Megid. I was impressed since I was being hit for 150 and was getting tackled around like a really bad football player, and every so often Megid would take my scape dolls.

I thought I'd try making my own armor like that, but with the expansion only maybe a month or two away - is this kind of thing still the case in AoI, or should I not waste my time trying?

beatrixkiddo
Oct 13, 2007, 02:16 AM
Just like weapons, more emphasis is places on the armor itself, with elemental % playing a more minor role. Of course, 50% armors will still be the best, but 10-20ish armors won't suck as much anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe. All my armors are in the 16-24% range, Nafrisenba and Rabol Dunga.

Mayu
Oct 13, 2007, 03:41 AM
Well now

My 16% orpa-senba will be useful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-10-13 01:44 ]</font>

Golto
Oct 13, 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm also interested in how the element % in armor works in AOI. Anyone willing to do some tests in the old v1 missions while using AOI so we can compare?

majan
Oct 13, 2007, 11:34 AM
presumably itll work the same way the diference with the weapon % was calculated. instead of the element percent being applied to the entire equation including the base dfp mst and whatnot,now the element % will only be assessed on the armors dfp and mst and etc,and the base numbers will remain untouched.

this would place a much higher prestige on having better armor,not just better % armor.

Golto
Oct 13, 2007, 11:49 AM
Well the old way was the total % reduced from damage plus armor dfp * % or armor mst * ele %.

Like dmg=((atp/5) -((dfp +(armor dfp *(ele %)))/4) * (1-ele %).
From what people have told us it looks like just this now ((atp/5) -((dfp +(armor dfp *(ele %)))/4) that is a big drop in damage reduction if true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-10-13 09:55 ]</font>

Ceresa
Oct 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
DFP is still a miniscule part of damage reduction. Going up in armor quality is still mostly for the units, or evade if you like Just counter.

Elemental % is still the best defensive stat, it's just nerfed a bit now, with 50% taking the biggest hit because it's much much harder to 0 out enemy damage with the new formula, and if you aren't zeroing damage...what's the point of 50%, just get 30% and call it a day.

amtalx
Oct 13, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-10-13 09:58, Ceresa wrote:
DFP is still a miniscule part of damage reduction. Going up in armor quality is still mostly for the units, or evade if you like Just counter.

Elemental % is still the best defensive stat, it's just nerfed a bit now, with 50% taking the biggest hit because it's much much harder to 0 out enemy damage with the new formula, and if you aren't zeroing damage...what's the point of 50%, just get 30% and call it a day.

Pewp... I was kind of hoping that DFP might acutally be a useful stat. Oh well.

Zorafim
Oct 13, 2007, 01:17 PM
They still haven't fix dfp? Shame...

Wallin
Oct 13, 2007, 01:41 PM

Is this general theory or fact? Is 30% armor really as good as 50% in AoI? Not to call you a liar, but it has a huge impact on synthesis between now and AoI.

Golto
Oct 13, 2007, 03:07 PM
If the ele % damage reduction change is how they say it is you won't see much of a difference between 30% and 50% unless you have an armor with massive dfp or mst.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-10-13 11:41, Wallin wrote:

Is this general theory or fact? Is 30% armor really as good as 50% in AoI? Not to call you a liar, but it has a huge impact on synthesis between now and AoI.

Where did Ceresa say 30% is as good as 50%? Ceresa said that the only point of spending on 50% armor would be to zero out dmg. 50%s no longer 0 out dmg, so you might as well get something cheaper that still cuts dmg, like a 30%.

Mayu
Oct 13, 2007, 03:39 PM
So you're saying that

my 44 Crimsonline will no longer zero on deljabans x.x http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Gah!

Meh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wallin
Oct 13, 2007, 06:47 PM
[b]On 2007-10-13 13:37, beatrixkiddo wrote
Where did Ceresa say 30% is as good as 50%? Ceresa said that the only point of spending on 50% armor would be to zero out dmg. 50%s no longer 0 out dmg, so you might as well get something cheaper that still cuts dmg, like a 30%.

If 30% wasn't as good as 50%, Ceresa wouldn't have made the comparison in the first place, otherwise you could just throw in any % and it wouldn't matter. That's like saying that 20% or even 10% is the same because those don't zero the damage either but still reduce it, or even 40%, so just throwing out the number 30% isn't reliable if she just pulled it out of a hat because 50% doesn't zero anymore, and that's what I'm asking.

It's one thing to talk about zero damage, and if the difference between 30% and 50% is minor, then that's fine. But if it affects knockback, spell effects, or a damage difference between 50 and 200, then I want to know, and that's why I created this topic in the first place.

And of course after I posted this I made a 50% Busterline... now if only I had remembered to make a B-rank armor instead...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-10-13 18:29 ]</font>