PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Poll: hardest S2 mission?

sange
Oct 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
So which S2 mission do you think is the hardest out of these? (feel free to add any that aren't on the poll)

pionear
Oct 13, 2007, 06:29 PM
Before they neuteured Desert Goliath, that would've been it...

But now, I guess it's either Endrum Remaints or Seed Awakend

Golto
Oct 13, 2007, 06:32 PM
I think Endrum. I got the 6 or 7 Grinne Bete C spawn all at once in the last room and I got murdered like I never had been before.

Rashiid
Oct 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
Seabed. hands down.

its so hard (to get a party to do it in 5mins) its not even funny....

Tita
Oct 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
the first time i did endrum S2 and saw 6 Grinne Betes, i fainted. shortly thereafter, when more spawned, i ran out of scapes and pooped myself.

good times!

Nyreal
Oct 13, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-10-13 16:41, Rashiid wrote:
Seabed. hands down.

I remember Seabed in Ultimate. It's called Sinow Zoas, Deldepths, and Delbiters. What could be harder than that?

Mayu
Oct 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
Endrum

Rashiid
Oct 13, 2007, 07:09 PM
only hard part is the robots at the end of Endrum - besides that tha mission is a breeze (with killer shot....)

Jakosifer
Oct 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
As a Fighter...Endrum Remnants, not hard, moreso annoying.

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 13, 2007, 07:44 PM
I say endrum because of bugs and the ginne bete ><

MT7218
Oct 13, 2007, 07:51 PM
Endrum: The male CAST enemies love to spam heals a lot, but can be Killer Shoted (Barely), the bees there acutally move (vs. the Mizurna(sp?) that stay still unless your not in the same room as them or play on PC or the 360), and the Grinna Beats are nasty to fight: Possibly 7-8 Cs at once is a nightmare. Or worse, you get the Grinna Beat S spawn, which are melee and bullet resistant, immune to all SE bar Jellen and Zalure, and hit freaking hard. First time I saw them outside of both Story Modes were in Endrum S2, with only two people, me playing as a Guntecher, and my partner was a Fortegunner. Yea, that took a good hour to finish. >.>;

Gen2000
Oct 14, 2007, 01:06 AM
I think more of the lines of solo or duo when comes to questioning how hard a mission is. None of the S2 missions are hard with a 3+ man party. This game while already easy with the 6man format and has got even more easier with the nerfing of most missions and overpowered PAs. You don't really get to see the beauty of most missions and what your class is made of unless you solo or duo them.

Thinking alone those lines, I'll say Desert Goliath, even moreso pre-nerf. Before the nerf every room was like the last room of Endrum S2 and you had Magas on top of that. Magas S2 is a pain in the ass even as a Fortegunner when all his attention is only on you. fF vs. Magas S2 solo? Good luck on that.

On 2007-10-13 16:32, Golto wrote:
I think Endrum. I got the 6 or 7 Grinne Bete C spawn all at once in the last room and I got murdered like I never had been before.

Heh, that was funstuff taking you there and watching your reaction to that spawn. That last room of Endrum S2 is a good example though what I'm talking about, I've taken full man parties thru that mission and owned that massive Grina Beat spawn shortly after they appeared like they were nothing. It's defintally more interesting and fun doing it in low man parties.

Kion
Oct 14, 2007, 02:07 AM
endrum is cake with a fortegunner. killer shot lays waste to all of the mechanic enemies (which is pretty much everything), and the remaining humaniod enemies can easily be juggled by hunters. and the ginas really aren't too much of a problem with a coordonated party. grenades = shut down.

my vote does towards goliath. soley becasue of magas.

WolfBlade
Oct 14, 2007, 02:24 AM
Endrum remaints S2 to me dam those blue ppl !!!!

bloodflowers
Oct 14, 2007, 06:00 AM
Seed Awakened S2, by a large amount. Buff Gaozoran (most hated enemy in the game, more than Goshin), lots of Megid, Dulk can kill most techers in one hit, or stun people before the meteor drops, etc.

I don't think Endrum is as hard as people make out - for a full party that last room really isn't that bad, just use traps, grenades and Mayalee Fury. Nothing in that last room can kill you with one hit, or even two to three hits.

SmellyCyanide
Oct 14, 2007, 06:07 AM
DGS2

Deedlet
Oct 14, 2007, 06:08 AM
Desert Goliath S2 is my least fave mission on this game cuz it's SO lame.

amtalx
Oct 14, 2007, 09:32 AM
Endrum and SEED Awakened are the only mildly challenging missions on that list. I think I would have to go with the SEED Awakened though...mostly because I don't have too many light bullets.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
Endrum isn't so bad at the end, but the rest of the way is so annoying. Robots and bees are two of the worst things in the game, bees are just plain annoying while the robots are melee resistant, and when they die, they blow up right in front of your face. But yeah, Dulk Fakis is an ass in S2, I hate his explosion stuff and that green energy thing, those are as bad as Onmagoug's purple lightning.

I would also say that I hate Desert Goliath, even after the nerf, the boss himself is just an ass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-10-14 08:10 ]</font>

Neith
Oct 14, 2007, 10:29 AM
With the mission rebalances, none of them >_>

Endrum is a joke, until the Grinnas, and even those aren't too hard if you know what you're doing. SEED Awakened is made easy by everything being the same element, at least for a Hunter. The boss hurts, but in a party, doesn't last long. Goliath is a total joke now, since ST nerfed the spawns. Magas is just like Fakis- hurts like hell, but goes down fast in a team. True Darkness shouldn't even be in the list. There aren't enough enemies to make it challenging- the only thing that poses any challenge is the Carriguine. Boss is the same as SEED Awakened, dies fast in a party.

Grove is easy as soon as either 1) Gunner with Killer Shot or 2) Force, of any kind enters the mission. I can take down the boss with a team in 20 seconds or so if he doesn't warp. Really easy. Demons Above isn't hard, neither is Desert Terror, Mad Beasts or Rainbow Beast.

Eh, I guess I'll say SEED Awakened though, it just goes on forever, and there's a lot of buffed monsters. It still isn't really hard though.

When we get a mission that resembles Phantasmal World#4/Endless Nightmare#4 from PSO, then things might change (not that those were overly bad with a team either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

I've never really found Grinna Betes to be a challenge though, they peak out at about what, 1k damage? As a fF, that's not even 1/2 my HP. For a lower HP class, yeah, I can see why they're hard, but for me, no.

Urtri
Oct 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
Seed Awakened a Close 1st. Deljabens (normal and boosted + their Megid), Goazrans (Fioe, teleport and they very often have a Shield Buff) Dilnelzians (Gunners Bane), Jusnaguns (Figthers Bane)

Endrum comes a close 2nd cause the Grinna's at the end can be taken out with Virus and Virus G traps (if you can use em) or by drawing into 1 on 1 battle near the Recharge and Health Cube. And with the Bug's you can either be selective (map wise) ,use a Freeze Bullet on em (their STA value is lower than average) and then go nuts or lastly bring NPC's to draw their fire an hit em from behind.

Kylie
Oct 14, 2007, 11:45 AM
SEED Awakened. The other missions with bots are easily handled with killer shot, and the larger robots really aren't that bad [ to me ]. The Fakis co-op mission is really pretty easy up until DF (SA seems to be much tougher since it's longer, has more enemies, etc.), and it's the same as SA at that point (even less so since the first form is cut out).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-10-14 09:47 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Oct 14, 2007, 11:57 AM
Isn't this a little bit class/player biased?
How ever you play will determine which ever is hard for you...
Some missions, like Grove and Desert Goliath, cause a lot of trouble for melee and techer players. However, gunners wouldn't have much of a problem if they pack Killer Shot.
Gunners would then tend to favor that mission/map primarily than others.

Techers do better against larger creatures especially those resistant to bullets and weapons.
If a mission/map mostly contains larger creatures then techers would favor it more.

See my point?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-10-14 10:04 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Oct 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
Seed awakened is the toughest, easily

The rest can easily be done with a 2 person group.

Desert Goliath is easy except for boss

Demons above is really easy.

Desert terror used to be interesting before rebalance.

As for Grove S2, my Nova can solo it 35 minutes(all enemies including boss) on average. 31 minutes is her record. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-14 10:10 ]</font>

Nobo
Oct 14, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-10-14 10:07, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Yes, if you do Seed Awakening with scapes u'll lose like 60k...

blkbeast
Oct 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-10-13 16:41, Rashiid wrote:
Seabed. hands down.

yar yar dey right!!!! lawl rofl rofl rofl

Complex_Jao
Oct 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
have u seen the boss in Desert Goliath S2

Sasamichan
Oct 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-10-14 11:41, Nobo wrote:

On 2007-10-14 10:07, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Yes, if you do Seed Awakening with scapes u'll lose like 60k...

If you lose 60k in Seed Awakening, then you fail badly.

Lamak
Oct 14, 2007, 04:44 PM
I guess, Stolen Weapon S2.